Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 30, 2013 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That Izumi woman seems kinda interesting I guess.

The battle on the rooftop was alright but seemed a bit fast. That little critter on Mirai's shoulder was pretty badass though for a little guy to me.

Dat maid <3 and cute outfits :3 and fireworks
Oct 30, 2013 8:54 AM

Nov 2007
She's officially in the club. lol @ Megane x Imouto "freaks" The girl is being a bit more determined but still need to get her own money. So Minorin's character has been blushing for few scenes because she wasn't not used to be with people. Girls' ep.as Minorin's character has been leading her. Festival time. lol @ the end with Minorin's character wanting Apple candy and her brother's mouth...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 30, 2013 10:01 AM

Jul 2012
After last week's hectic episode... this week was definitely a change of pace.

Although not much actually happened, it was nice to see the main characters fleshed out more. And I loved how everyone was wearing summer clothes! Honestly, this episode was a visual feast.
Oct 30, 2013 10:13 AM

Aug 2010
Relaxing ep. Mitsuki seems to have some problems. I wonder if jealousy is one of them? Wanted to see her face when Hiromi reacted like that at the ending. I wonder how it was??

Anyway the girls were cute this ep. Had some bonding moments.

And the guys agreeing on Mirai's cuteness and Imouto tendencies at the start was lol.

I wonder what that was with Izumi at the end?

Dat dress Mirai is wearing in the pv O.O

Oh also...Poor Sensei :( XD
Oct 30, 2013 10:49 AM

Jun 2013
Dat ending Mitsuki say, i want a big apple. Why he brother Shock?
Oct 30, 2013 10:55 AM

Oct 2013
Cute bonding ep. it's nice they always think of Akihito.
Oct 30, 2013 11:18 AM

May 2013
Hiroomi's reaction at the end lol. Nice to see the guys trying to cheer up Akihito.
Oct 30, 2013 11:19 AM

Dec 2011
I always love festival and fireworks episode in an anime.
Its nice to see more of Mitsuki's character.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2013 11:45 AM
Oct 2013
i really loved hiromi's reaction near the end HAHAHA.

rivailde said:
Dat ending Mitsuki say, i want a big apple. Why he brother Shock?

it's because mitsuki finally 'wanted' something from him since she's always been saying how his 'sister complex' was disgusting to her.. resulting him to go HOMGWTFBBQ on her request for a candy apple :-)
Oct 30, 2013 11:50 AM

Mar 2013
Decent transition episode. Last week's episode was one of the best from any show I've seen in a long time, so it's not surprising this one wasn't as good.

So this episode had Mirai in a maid outfit and a yukata. The preview for next week seems to show her in an idol/magical girl outfit or something like that... This show has an odd sense of fanservice.
Oct 30, 2013 11:59 AM

Aug 2010
I liked this episode it was a nice change of pace. The slice of life elements is what KyoAni does best.

Next episode we see Mirai in Madoka-cosplay!

Full blog post here
EMChampOct 31, 2013 9:48 AM
Oct 30, 2013 12:07 PM

Nov 2010
Beautiful episode with the usual moe added
I like the way they get together now and not being alone
Oct 30, 2013 12:14 PM

Apr 2013
Ai is so cute. Lol at Mirai seeing her nudes. Neko form and hidden melon form haha

Mirai looked good as a maid this episode. And that costume in the preview for next episode looks cute.

Really liked the animation during the festival. Fireworks are always nice. Mitsuki in a yukata <3
Oct 30, 2013 12:19 PM

May 2011
Cute episode. it's definitely has a "cheer up" vibe to it.

Mitsuki seems much different in this episode. While she's always seemed like she's nice to Mirai. This episode she seems much more of a vulnerable type instead of the sadist who torments Akihito.

Izumi is the wild card here. She really is coming off like she could be the "final boss". Her little smirks really seem to give you this sense of foreboding. We thought Mitsuki was the Sadist when he teases Akihito. But Izumi might be the true sadist of the Nase family.

I wouldn't be surprised if that ending with Izumi and Mirai was a "back off my sister, bitch" warning to Mirai. Mirai and Mitsuki do seem like they're bonding a lot the last couple episodes.

Lol the end with Mitsuki and Hiromi. He was like "EPIC FORBIDDEN SISTER ROUTE UNLOCKED, Arigotou kamisama!"
CirrisOct 30, 2013 12:41 PM
Oct 30, 2013 12:38 PM

May 2013
Good episode we get to know Misuki a bit more + Mirai is so cute with her kimono <3. Last scene of the episode OMG!
Oct 30, 2013 12:42 PM

Oct 2011
Every episode of this anime feels like 5 minutes long, dear god. And I cant believe theres only 13 episodes...Makes me sad.

Nice relaxing episode and more info on Mitsuki is always welcome. Now I want a Hiromi episode cuz he's just so dang handsome and funny. <3
Oct 30, 2013 1:03 PM

Jul 2010
A great, relaxing episode.
Oct 30, 2013 1:09 PM

Jan 2008
Ending was hilarious. Dat expression.
Oct 30, 2013 1:47 PM
Oct 2010
Ayaka and her nude photos collection... it's like a blatant invitation for doujin artists... >_> ... especially since Mirai might just give in.

Cirris said:
Izumi is the wild card here. She really is coming off like she could be the "final boss". Her little smirks really seem to give you this sense of foreboding. We thought Mitsuki was the Sadist when he teases Akihito. But Izumi might be the true sadist of the Nase family.
Well, at least it seemed to me that she felt bad for Mirai after hearing about her financial status (she did steal a precious stone from her)... not that she seems to be doing something to make up for that...

She could still be the "final boss", or the guy she works for, or maybe the guy the guy she works for works for... @_@. Who knows? it's probably too early for that anyway.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Oct 30, 2013 1:56 PM
Jan 2011
Nice to see them girls in yukata, too bad for the teacher.........she's damn hot.
Oct 30, 2013 2:03 PM
Oct 2011
0/10
Tired of the forced moe
Oct 30, 2013 2:07 PM
Oct 2010
llEmmerdeurll said:
0/10
Tired of the forced moe
Yet you force yourself to watch. Quite the masochist I see.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Oct 30, 2013 2:29 PM

Feb 2013
Great episode. Haha maid outfit part was funny
Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to Suffering. (Yoda)
Oct 30, 2013 2:29 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Really liked the second part of the episode at the festival, and the "alone" theme, when you also get to see Sakura looking at the fireworks and Nino, whose date ditched her at the last second. The lanterns were really pretty, and it was very calm and relaxing. However the transition to the festival felt kind of abrupt to me, at first I almost thought it was a dream or someone's imagination :P
Oct 30, 2013 2:33 PM

Jan 2013
I swear these Christmas cakes make me me so happy :D

I liked this episode more since it was more slice of life-y.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Oct 30, 2013 2:35 PM
Aug 2013
It was a good episode. Feels like it was more calm than the other episodes.
Oct 30, 2013 2:36 PM

Aug 2010
Nice and mostly calm episode. Mirai looked cute in that maid outfit (Akihito might not survive seeing them), though she's still second to Chitanda in Maid outfit.

We also get most ofb the girls in Yukata... me gusta.

And next week we get Mirai in Sailor Senshi mode? WTF? Not saying I don't like that outfit ofc :D

Also, teasing us with nudes... RULE #34 I SUMMON THEE!

Btw, that teacher needs a hug... even though I'm usually more into students, I shall volunteer!
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Oct 30, 2013 2:50 PM

Aug 2009
awww man I really LOVE this show Q ^ Q <3 <3 <3 every ep makes me so happy T///T
Oct 30, 2013 2:59 PM

Sep 2012
It's not bad to see a change of pace, but I want more fight scenes for this anime.
Poor teacher, I felt sorry for her :/
Next week we'll see Mirai in a magical girl outfit LOL
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Oct 30, 2013 3:12 PM

Jun 2013
so Ai had a hidden...........MELONS???!!!

Damn you KyoAni giving me 3 smokin' hottie this fall
Oct 30, 2013 3:14 PM

Mar 2013
There is still no story whatsoever going on.

very disappointed in this so far.
Oct 30, 2013 3:18 PM

May 2012
Laid back episode. Happy to see everyone go to the festival.
Oct 30, 2013 3:20 PM

Jul 2012
Not bad, but significantly weaker than the previous episode. I do have to admit, it was oh-so-beautifully animated like usual, especially the last scene with the lanterns and fireworks. KyoAni, very superb as always. I found that this episode had the unfunny forced comedy and Mirai being moe moments which were unnecessary. Eh, but to each his own.

Next week, fanservice of Hiroomi? Excited!
Oct 30, 2013 3:20 PM

Jul 2009
best episode yet
mitsuki hnghh
Oct 30, 2013 3:24 PM
Dec 2012
There was an awkward moment when Mirai told Mitsuki she joined the literature club. Mitsuki didn't seem to welcome Mirai wholeheartedly. Wonder what Izumi told Mirai after Akihito, Mitsuki and Hio-omi left the room. I thought they would show us the talk, but the talk already finished and Mirai got out of the room in the next scene. Also wonder what Mitsuki was thinking about when she saw a woman walking on the hallway of the second floor. Looked like the woman was holding something like a teacup and Mitsuki paid attention to it.

The lantern scene was beautiful, which reminded me of certain scenes from Hakkenden and Tamayura. Also interesting to see Sakura again. I had wondered where she had gone after the battle of the previous episode. She had disappeared last time as if the creator had forgot about her. Curious to see another interaction between Mirai and Izumi in next episode.

Overall it was better than previous episodes. Hopefully the series will keep going this way. Seems like action and comedy don't fit the show somehow.
Oct 30, 2013 3:40 PM
May 2013
facade63 said:

I agree, and after watching this episode I'm convinced this show should've just been slice of life with some fantasy elements. I don't mind if it wants to be lighthearted and comical but it can't try and be serious at the same time because these characters seem like they're merely for comedic purpose. They don't feel like real people at all and some of them are mostly defined by their weird fetishes, which is fine and all but not if it tries to be anything more than just slice of life.

As long as this show stops trying to take itself so seriously I think it can get better.
Oct 30, 2013 3:43 PM
Jul 2013
It was a filler episode, but the lights were pretty.
Oct 30, 2013 3:52 PM

May 2013
Characters were given a little fleshing out this episode. I was a little bored at parts even though I couldn't turn my away for a second because of how beautiful it looks. Plus Mirai and Mitsuki were cute. Didn't care much for the maid outfit but the nudes part was funny. Hope it gets better at balancing action and slice of life. The fight scene on the rooftop seemed a little out of place and rushed.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Oct 30, 2013 4:17 PM

Apr 2012
i liked how this episode focused more on mitsuki and mirai's friendship rather than more and more akihito x mirai.
and the fighting scene was pretty cool too! its always my favorite part.
i'm getting annoyed by mirai always saying ふゆかい。。。
even when things arent unpleasant. ugh
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2013 4:29 PM

Apr 2013
Maid ♥ Relaxant episode.
Oct 30, 2013 4:31 PM

Aug 2013
Nice, slow episode. Kind of confused as to why Mitsuki refused to go to the festival, did she just convince herself that it was bad if she went?
wow gay
Oct 30, 2013 4:41 PM

May 2012
"sorry. could'nt come after all" poor lady :D
that SisCon brother's expression at the end..

Oct 30, 2013 4:44 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty fireworks and lights
Oct 30, 2013 4:50 PM

Jan 2011
WikiSonic said:
facade63 said:

As long as this show stops trying to take itself so seriously I think it can get better.

The show try to take itself seriously? Seriously? Shikabane hime was serious, but not this show because there is much crazy comedy. Are you blind? And of course there is a story going on. If you dont see it, bad for you. What do you expect? Mirai wants to be Hokage or what?

Slow episode, i liked it. KyoAni drew some beautiful scenes, the lights at the shop or the lanterns at the end. i like matsuri and yukata and hanabi \o/ this little cat-youmu is so cute. poor sensei ...
Oct 30, 2013 4:52 PM

Jan 2009
Nasty001 said:
too bad for the teacher.........she's damn hot.

ye she did not get her date but ye she is darn hot
Oct 30, 2013 4:55 PM

Feb 2012
Omg what idiot would stand up Shizuku.

Overall a very laid back ep which is nice after all that happened the past 4 eps.
Oct 30, 2013 5:06 PM

Mar 2012
It's a nice episode for character development. There was initial awkwardness between Mirai and Mitsuki, likely because of Akihito. They met up, talked, hung out, and Mitsuki eventually decides to open up a little by attending the festival. It seems like up to this point Mitsuki has made herself lonely through this self-imposed isolation. Glad to see that change. I wonder when she'll be straight up with Akihito though.

The shooting scene was hilarious. I love how Akihito is collecting photos of girls with glasses. And that joke about Ai being bigger in that area than she seems. This series does well to throw in some humor here and there.

Still, it looks like the tension's continuing its drop from ep. 4 and things will get less exciting. The next episode doesn't look too serious either.
Oct 30, 2013 5:17 PM

Nov 2012
Hmmmm

Oct 30, 2013 5:28 PM

Feb 2013
http://i.imgur.com/d3sJLet.png tfw there will never be fully uncensored kyoani animated nudes ;_;

This show gives me boners. All the girls are so lewd
Oct 30, 2013 5:30 PM

Jul 2010
4/5. An episode for characters development but still, I can't get used to like them yet.
But for sure the sensei gained some points from this.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2013

338 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 5, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

537 by fnafjeremy »»
Jan 12, 9:02 AM

» 10th anniversary was yesterday...

dabiggestbird - Oct 4, 2023

17 by pinemoth »»
Oct 14, 2023 7:07 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2013

475 by Aruna0 »»
Jul 6, 2023 12:59 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2013

448 by ds87 »»
Jun 21, 2023 10:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.