Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 2, 2013 8:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally, it's here~

I love the OST and style of this show so far already. Holy shit, I was not expecting Mirai to just plug that blade into Akihito's chest like that in the beginning.

The OP song is okay I guess. The chase scene was pretty intense though. Shizuku is cool as well. Kyoto Animation delivered! Oh and Mirai without glasses also looks adorable. I'm a bit curious about her past though.

Oct 2, 2013 8:55 AM

Jan 2011
-She stabbed him but everything is daijoubu
-Dat OP
-Lol clumsy Mirai
-MC reveals he has a megane fetish haha
-Whoa the blood blade summoning looked cool
-Whoa the sakuga on that chase scene!
-Damn nice trap Aki
-Sudden;y a monster through the window!
-Oh shit its sensei! "Niniomiya Shizuku"
-Normal humans can't see
-Aki would like Mirai to stop stabbing him hahaha
-Aki lives alone
-Looks like they are getting to know each other
-He invites her but she is scared
-Oh shit action time again!
-Dat ED so chill

Overall it was a very impressive start, Mirai is so cute! http://oi41.tinypic.com/w2eqnr.jpg hnnnnng
VioLinkOct 2, 2013 10:59 AM
[center]
Oct 2, 2013 8:56 AM

Mar 2012
All the typical KyoAni features are present, yay. Had some tense moments and nice animation but hmm... doesn't really sell for me. OST's lovely though.
Oct 2, 2013 8:57 AM

Nov 2007
I missed first 15 mins. (going to watch the raw later)

It's kind of interesting, and that cliffhanger makes me want to watch more, so I might watch next ep. to try more.
tsubasaloverOct 2, 2013 9:57 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 2, 2013 8:58 AM

Mar 2013
for people that watched the raw, how is it? did it turn out the way you hoped it to be? :]
Oct 2, 2013 8:59 AM

Oct 2012
Not bad, I enjoyed it. Looks really great though and the animation is lovely. OST is pretty good too. OP and ED are okay, I guess.
Oct 2, 2013 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
SalmonSandwich said:
for people that watched the raw, how is it? did it turn out the way you hoped it to be? :]

Pretty good imo. Not too sure about that OP and ED song as in earth shattering levels but I thought the delivery was pleasant. The OST is glorious.
Oct 2, 2013 9:04 AM

Mar 2013
Stark700 said:
SalmonSandwich said:

Pretty good imo. Not too sure about that OP and ED song as in earth shattering levels but I thought the delivery was pleasant. The OST is glorious.

Hmmh pretty excited then ^^ kyoani usually has fantastic ost looking forward to it now!
Oct 2, 2013 9:04 AM

Jul 2010
Looks to be an enjoyable anime. Hope we get more background on Mitsuki.
Oct 2, 2013 9:13 AM

Mar 2012
So we got ourselves a bespectacled clumsy blood-bending ghost-hunter who's never actually destroyed a ghost, and a half-ghost who can't be killed. Looks good so far. The way she says her catchphrase is also quite cute, although if she keeps repeating it like that it'll get tedious.
Oct 2, 2013 9:15 AM

Sep 2012
The sunset color palette is pretty and atmospheric.
The action sakuga is really good.
The blood blade concept looks interesting.
Eyeglass girl not too moe but it may yet get better later on.
Good music. OP/ED fine as they are.
End card so funny.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 2, 2013 10:01 AM

Jul 2012
Animation was close to perfection. Colours and visuals all beautiful.

Really enjoyed the character interactions and the music. ED is amazing!

Excited for more.
Oct 2, 2013 10:03 AM

Jul 2013
Well that was a convenient approach to meeting someone for the first time, for Mirai to just stab the guy like that was pretty odd, what if he wasn't an immortal? But either way, this was a pretty interesting first episode, I want to know more about Mirai's clan and why their blood is like that. After that, the music was good as well, while the OP/ED are pretty average for me, but lets see how this will go.
Oct 2, 2013 10:04 AM

Apr 2013
Really like the animation, as expected from a KyoAni series.

The scene where Mirai was chasing Akihito was pretty funny. Nice set of characters so far.Mirai and Mitsuki are cute... need more background on Mitsuki, and the scarf guy at the end. That cliffhanger though.

Nice first episode. Definitely gonna keep up with this show.
Oct 2, 2013 10:07 AM
Jul 2018
Good job KyoAni, 6 minutes in and I'm already reminded of Fuko/Nagisa from Clannad.

I am of course referring to Mirai, also Mitsuki reminds me of Mio from K-ON, well the character design.

The OP & ED were also pretty nice. Feels like this is gonna be a enjoyable series for me.
removed-userOct 2, 2013 10:27 AM
Oct 2, 2013 10:17 AM
Aug 2011
Cute clumsy megane girl. <3~

Highly enjoyable episode for me...just as planned, so no surprise here.
Oct 2, 2013 10:19 AM

Jun 2012
As good as KyoAni's production values are, why must they always work on such "safe" premises? Such a shame for a talented studio

From a first impression, I could go on a rant with the characters but it's only the first episode so I'll give KyoAni the BOTD and wait until the show has found time to grow its legs. Until then my thoughts about them can be summarized as: *Yawn*
HybridMBLOct 2, 2013 10:39 AM
Oct 2, 2013 10:23 AM

Sep 2012
Hybridbloodszak said:
As good as KyoAni's production values are, why must they always work on such "safe" premises? Such a shame for a talented studio
Your taste clearly indicates that you'd better not check KyoAni anime as it seems you are looking for things that the anime is not going to deliver (or not much anyway). As for always work on "safe" premises, I wonder how "safe" can it be if things they did like Nichijou turned out to not sell well.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 2, 2013 10:28 AM
Sep 2013
No matter how clumsy and adorable she is, I can already tell that she's going to be so a badass character overall and it looks like next week we'll see more of her powers. Akihito is a wonderful main character and I like their chemistry so far.

I'm guessing that there's going to be a love triangle or whatever? Anyways I hope not, but I wouldn't mind either, but I am curious about what role Hiroomi's character will play in all this.
Oct 2, 2013 10:38 AM

Mar 2013
just watched it~ fantastic animation, interesting premise, cant wait for the next episode. Loved the color palette they chose for the scenes, the only problem I had was the opening and ending animations; expected something more out of it but they were still good :]
Oct 2, 2013 10:39 AM

Jul 2012
i'm interested, it's just the first episode but this looks like it will be good

i wanna know if the dude has any powers other than immortality, like an offensive ability to fight with

actually he probably doesn't since he ran away from the girl in that one scene, but they did say they fought several times before that and he lost so that might be why he ran
Oct 2, 2013 10:41 AM

Oct 2010
Pretty good start, loving the characters and beautiful animation as always. Can't wait for Hiroomi to make an appearance.
As for the actual plot, well ... it's very KyoAni (I can already see the melodrama approaching)
Oct 2, 2013 10:41 AM

Nov 2012
For the first time, I'm glad KyoAni decided to pick a decent genre where they can exploit their animation style to its fullest.

I just saw it on HD, and just as I expected, they did did not deviate from the minor moeblob details that KyoAni is famous for, but I think it really doesn't matter as long as they don't overdo it. That said, Mirai is quite a cute variation of that particular character design of hers, which from my experience would appear to have been utilized for side characters. The animation is as gorgeous as ever, and for sure it would be on par or probably more amazing than Chuunibyo in the case of fight scenes.

Seems like the MC likes monologues with an air similar to Kyon, and I definitely like that style.

and that OP/ED...Holy shit, the first anime this season that I'll give two thumbs up for those!

Ohohoho, seems like my Wednesdays/ Thursdays for the next three months will be chock full of great expectations and excitement!

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Oct 2, 2013 10:43 AM

Jun 2012
symbv said:
Hybridbloodszak said:
Your taste clearly indicates that you'd better not check KyoAni anime as it seems you are looking for things that the anime is not going to deliver (or not much anyway). As for always work on "safe" premises, I wonder how "safe" can it be if things they did like Nichijou turned out to not sell well.

Uh, I knew what I was getting myself into when I signed on for a KyoAni show. You can check my MAL for proof of that. Let me rephrase what I said above to better convey my thoughts

I'm not docking the source or the anime itself for being something it's not. I've never done that to anime I watch

It's like seeing someone(KyoAni) who has the potential to be master chef work at fast food for his entire life and never aspire to be better. Yeah he's good at it but wasted potential
HybridMBLOct 2, 2013 10:51 AM
Oct 2, 2013 10:45 AM

May 2011
Not a bad episode. The animation and OST was pretty good. The concept of Mirai Kuriyama's power looks interesting but the characters themselves didn't really make much of an impression to me. I'll keep watching.
Oct 2, 2013 10:45 AM

Jan 2010
Well that was bad...so under average. Looks good, have good animation, and now what? Its just not enough. PLain bad...

"The other side of the other side of the other side would be the other side"
Oct 2, 2013 10:48 AM

May 2013
Oh god yes! its finally here!
Dat feel when an Anime hits you inside.
Oct 2, 2013 10:52 AM

May 2013
I'm liking the anime so far.
Oct 2, 2013 10:53 AM

May 2010
watching atm in 1080p .looks and sounds fantastic. big fan of the art style.
Oct 2, 2013 10:58 AM

Nov 2010
The art, animation, music, and glasses were top notch. I'm still being kind of cautious with the characters, not so sure about them yet. The main girl is cute though, would have made an avatar of her if I wasn't sure everyone and their mom will have one in a couple of episodes.
Oct 2, 2013 11:03 AM

Sep 2009
So-so. KyoAni had no really impressive anime for me since Clannad AS. And It's a pity. But execution is great as always. Hope it gets better and won't turn in Hyouka with action
Oct 2, 2013 11:04 AM

Nov 2012
Great first episode. I will definitely keep watching this series.
"I can have food or drinks spilled on me, or even be spit at and ill laugh about it ,
However , If for any reason you hurt a friend of mine, I won't forgive you!"

- Red-Haired Shanks
Oct 2, 2013 11:05 AM

Jan 2011
Oct 2, 2013 11:08 AM

Jan 2012
Well, this looks very promising. The blood blade reminded me of Deadman Wonderland. Anyway, already looking forward to next episode.

Oct 2, 2013 11:09 AM

Sep 2012
VioLink said:
http://i.imgur.com/UjXNxhr.gif
heheheheh
I find this girl much more moe than the heroine LOL

Oct 2, 2013 11:15 AM

Sep 2008
Love it!
Amazing animation!
Nice OP and ED!
Cool seiyuu
and story promises to be an interesting :)

Love heroine!
Personality, appearance and seiyuu!
Just perfect!
Oct 2, 2013 11:15 AM
Oct 2010
Nice BGM, but it kinda kills the jokes for me... they should just drop the jokes, they are not very good anyway.

The art is good as expected, the story seems interesting... but I'm still not convinced about the screenplay and narrative... especially the narrative...

Ok, I'll just keep watching and hope for the best.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Oct 2, 2013 11:23 AM

Aug 2012
I have a fetish for blood manipulation, so I'd like it without the animation, OST, and megane being great.

I don't think the characters are bad or boring, they just might not become anything special with how quickly it's jumping into things but I guess we'll see.
IntroverTurtle said:
would have made an avatar of her if I wasn't sure everyone and their mom will have one in a couple of episodes.

I was thinking the same thing, it'll most certainly happen.
Oct 2, 2013 11:26 AM

May 2013
Very nice art and animation. The OST is great so far too.

I loved the seiyuu Risa Taneda's role in Kiniro Mosaic as Ayaya so great to see hear her fabulous voice again and her stammering!
Oct 2, 2013 11:26 AM

Feb 2011
Amazing animation <3

Mirai reminded me of Yui from K-On somehow.
Oct 2, 2013 11:33 AM

Jan 2011
Oct 2, 2013 11:42 AM
Dec 2012
OK episode. His monologue of the beginning a bit reminded me of Hyoka. He is also a member of a literature club. Also his immortality and tolerance reminded me of the male lead from Kore was Zombie desuka. Hopefully the series will be so impressive as Hyoka and Free.
Oct 2, 2013 11:48 AM

Oct 2009
Great start, better than what I thought!
Oct 2, 2013 11:49 AM

Aug 2012
I am hooked. I am sold. I love the OST and animation. We'll see about the plot line. But for now, I enjoyed it.
Oct 2, 2013 11:50 AM

Aug 2010
Really nice start. It didn't disappoint :D

Dat animation during the action scenes and the chase scene was amazing!! OoO!

Loving all characters til now.

We have a BA immortal Protagonist. Really liking Akihito so far ^^
And a BA cute clumsy adorable girl. Love how open booked Mirai is XD

Those 2s interactions are really fun.

Nase is pretty likable so far too :D
Oct 2, 2013 11:51 AM

Mar 2012
This remind me of Kokoro Connect more than anyting else. Though as of now I'm not feeling anything special from this.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 2, 2013 11:52 AM

Jul 2012
Looks cool but im little worried about a story. KyoAni has history of making cute but empty shells in my opinion.

Really lovely op and ending song. As always:)
MisiakkOct 2, 2013 11:56 AM
Oct 2, 2013 11:55 AM

Jan 2013
Well, that was disappointing shit. Everything about the characters pretty much sums up why I hate this anime.
Oct 2, 2013 12:05 PM

May 2009
This episode fills like a warm up so I'm unsure how this series is going to perform. I'm sure episode 2 will have an answer.
Oct 2, 2013 12:06 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Beautiful animation as expected of KyoAni, as well as the atmosphere. I like Akihito already, a pretty fun character. Mirai's use of blood reminds me of another anime/manga, but I like how she uses it as a sword. I laughed when the youmu hit the window, what a great entrance. The lady in the suit was also really cool. I love the fantasy genre, and this seems like it would be a great watch, and hopefully it will be. Loved the OP but even more so, the ED because it was so relaxing.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2013

338 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 5, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

537 by fnafjeremy »»
Jan 12, 9:02 AM

» 10th anniversary was yesterday...

dabiggestbird - Oct 4, 2023

17 by pinemoth »»
Oct 14, 2023 7:07 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2013

448 by ds87 »»
Jun 21, 2023 10:36 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2013

195 by lordspacecat »»
Mar 10, 2023 10:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.