Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 15, 2013 6:12 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yay, BD is out now. I just love the animation so far thanks to PA Works.

The movie started out with a pool scene. Swimming with clothes on? lol. I'm glad everyone made their returns this episode especially my favorite Minko. She hasn't changed much either.." GET OUT !" Ah I miss Minko. Her moments with Tohru were cute though as I see she still has a thing for him.

Seems like everyone is still working hard around the place. There were some fan service scenes here and there although I don't mind it but I missed the atmosphere of Hanasaku Iroha. Ending was okay I guess. The song fits within the theme. The slice of life feel was pleasant of course.
Oct 15, 2013 8:01 PM

Nov 2007
Tomatsu-san's character is too energetic. Her voice can be heard from faraway, and causing trouble while training. Though she got the solution when the yokan got the trouble.

Finding out about the meeting of the parents are interesting. She even found out that her mother once put herself in worry. Lots of feelings of kids waiting for their busy parents.

KajiKaji's character didn't have much appearance, though, just during the flashback.
tsubasaloverOct 15, 2013 8:42 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 15, 2013 8:08 PM

Aug 2012
Where can I watch this guise ?
Oct 16, 2013 9:55 PM
Jan 2010
There is something about this series that makes it so enjoyable. Perhaps a personal connection?

It was nice that they went more into depth about Ohana's mother's past, but I feel that what i watched was more like a special than a movie. I feel like it needed a litle more oomph. Meh, I've probably been watching too much shounen anime lately. Maybe i needed a short break.

Pretty heart-warming story, and a satifying ending. We know a little more about he father now. No drastic romance there. It's most likely the little funny moments here and there that kept me watching.
For instance:
1. Satsuki's little freak out after she confessed
2. "Do all girls get excited at night?" Tohru xD

I wanted more Ohana and more bonboru. I almost forgot about the hobiros until Minko said it twice at the end. Kaji-san (Kou-chan) had like three short lines....meh. Still debating what to rate the movie.
Oct 23, 2013 4:24 AM

Jan 2012
Damn. Didn't know Ohana's name was given also in consideration for the Hawaiian meaning. Being from Hawaii, I tripped out on that part. When her father dropped that line I instantly decided I would rate the movie an 8+.

Very nice to see the background behind Ohana's mother and grandmother, as well as Beanman - all in their younger years. So heartfelt and personal.
Oct 23, 2013 4:47 AM

Dec 2012
PRETTTYYYYY.. :DDDD

Was a sweet movie ^^ Was interesting to find out about Satsuki's past too :>
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Oct 23, 2013 5:42 AM

Apr 2008
Very beautiful.

Oct 23, 2013 9:09 AM
Oct 2010
I think the stories weren't woven well together, dunno if the issue comes from the screen play or the edition but it could have been a lot better given this storyline.

Still, it was very good overall, and I found it very sweet how Satsuki met her husband and how they chose Ohana's name.

renkinotaku said:
2. "Do all girls get excited this late at night?" Tohru xD
Best line. XD
AjunkyOct 23, 2013 9:44 AM
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Oct 23, 2013 9:25 AM
Nov 2012
Guys, it's been so long since I watched the series, so can anyone tell me what happened to Ohana's father and why was her mother already alone when she was still a baby?
Oct 23, 2013 9:51 AM
Oct 2010
GateLambda said:
Guys, it's been so long since I watched the series, so can anyone tell me what happened to Ohana's father and why was her mother already alone when she was still a baby?
I don't remember if it was mentioned there either, but at least now it should be clear that he died not long after Ohana was born.

Or perhaps not completely clear, but I think it's the most obvious conclusion.
AjunkyOct 23, 2013 9:56 AM
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Oct 23, 2013 12:26 PM

Dec 2009
Enjoyable characters. Great-looking anime. Interesting premise, BUT...
...the ending was too abrupt! This movie could easily have covered the first two or three episodes of a whole, new season.
Oct 23, 2013 1:13 PM

Aug 2012
That was soooo good. I respected Satsuki even more. I must have been hard raising Ohana.

I really thought that the name came from "Flowers" but I was proven wrong. I have watched lilo and stitch but the name didn't really clicked since Hanasaku Iroha is an anime xD

Great animation and soundtrack! Nano.ripe killed it !!
Oct 23, 2013 1:34 PM

Nov 2010
I really liked this movie. Especially the focus on the current inn and the past inn, showing her mother as she grew up and how they are similar. It was kind of half and half which was nice, I never felt bored with either side.
Mostly small time stuff, felt like another sliver of their life. I like movies like that, they don't need to have a new monster trying to end the world every time.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of Lilo and stich.
Oct 23, 2013 1:45 PM

Oct 2013
Waiting for this movie!!

It was a bit strange for Mana so young to "travel" so far alone to the department store...

If the movie placed more emphasis on Satsuki and papa would be really nice. I want to know how they met in tokyo. their love story. And I always pitied ko-chan in a way. Ohana definitely unlike Satsuki at all.

I hope we have more of this story.

Acropyre said:

I really thought that the name came from "Flowers" but I was proven wrong.

I thought so, too. LOL
Oct 23, 2013 2:39 PM

Jul 2012
Cool one, like the first episodes of anime. Before they got boring.
Oct 23, 2013 3:00 PM

Mar 2013

Is that who I think it is on the posters about 22 minutes in, or am I just a racist who think all asians look the same?
Oct 23, 2013 3:35 PM

Apr 2010
Very good movie! I liked how they showed both Ohana and Satsuki's point of views.

8/10, I wish there was a sequel.
Oct 23, 2013 5:04 PM

Jun 2010
They should've cut out the middle from the TV series for this, would've made a lot more sense than the pointless arcs that had zero direction. This is nicely focused on family/relationships.
Oct 23, 2013 6:00 PM

Dec 2008
Enishi was such a nice little brother. Not wanting them to fight.
Satsuki x Cameraman was weird at first.
"Precure" LMFAOOOO!!!!! MINKO!!! <3

Great movie. All those family feels. Adored how they went from Ohana to Satsuki & so on. Nako's scenes had so many feels too.

And..I feel like I`m forgetting something. Since when did Satsuki have two brothers? Unless "Onii-san" is someone's name.
Oct 23, 2013 6:05 PM

Mar 2013
She didn't... who are you talking about?
Oct 23, 2013 6:09 PM

Dec 2008
fst said:

The scene where Satsuki wakes up and takes the phone call, near the end. She calls the person on the phone "Onii-san".
Oct 23, 2013 6:41 PM

Jan 2011
god i missed Iroha

After watching this i still want more because i got all excited in the start thinking it was a time skip (only to rewatch it and notice it was her mom) even with that said i liked how you got to learn more about her past while the daily routine of the members of Kissuisou continued.

not to mention those Nako-chi moments gave you all those family feels glad she got more screen this time really nice character,feel Minko got the short end of the stick in this though but that's fine with me lol.
Oct 23, 2013 6:43 PM

Aug 2012
Waiting for BD and subs was damn worth it. From beginning to end it was so enjoyable and it was nice to see the backstory more of Ohana's mother. 10/10

And now to wait patiently for the Steins;Gate Movie...
Oct 23, 2013 9:22 PM

Dec 2007
sarroush said:
fst said:

The scene where Satsuki wakes up and takes the phone call, near the end. She calls the person on the phone "Onii-san".

I think that was the husband's brother
Oct 23, 2013 11:29 PM

Jun 2010
It was nice and relaxing to watch. But considering it was a movie, it wasn't anything special. There was some nice scenes though, like Nako and her siblings. I wanted to see something that was a little different than the episodes.
Oct 23, 2013 11:41 PM

Jul 2009
attagirl satsuki. any woman who can raise a child on her own is no kid. that's a full fledge adult.
i love this movie. it just goes to show we dont magically turn into adults; it's a process -- many months and years of jumping through hoops, enduring life's trials and tribulations, do we finally grow up. just because someone is 18, 20 or 25, does not mean they're 'adults', especially if they're still doing the same crap they were doing a decade ago. only until we secured the income and gone through the years of raising a healthy, sound child, can we call ourselves adults.

8/10
KurogashiOct 23, 2013 11:46 PM
Oct 24, 2013 12:03 AM

May 2012
so this happens before they left Kissuisou, its really heartwarming and tears during nako arc..satsuki's story is really nice and want to see a standalone series for her.. like the family theme in this movie, gonna miss ohana, nako and minko.. hope they make sequel coz i want more..

Oct 24, 2013 3:48 AM

Mar 2012
It wasn't overly ambitious but it was still a very nice movie. Satsuki's backstory was fantastic as was the character development and Ohana. Hanasaku Iroha is such a good series which makes me really sad I have to say goodbye for what is likely to be the last we see of them. Whatever the case, I'll continue to fest it up for as long as the term makes sense in my mind.

9/10
Oct 24, 2013 6:04 AM

Jan 2012
Anyone have any idea what happened to Ohana's father, that camera man??
Oct 24, 2013 7:04 AM

Nov 2010
Awesome movie, I loved every bit of it
Going back and forth from the present to the past
Featuring Ohana and her Mom Satsuki

Minko's story about her work in the kitchen and
Nako-chi's family problems were done very well

Knowing how the tv-series ended, it's kind of sad to assume this is probably going to be the end of Kissuisou with most of the interesting parts being told/added

Unless the writers gets stroke of genius and come up with an equal or better continuation
Oct 24, 2013 9:09 AM

Oct 2012
Kurogashi said:
attagirl satsuki. any woman who can raise a child on her own is no kid. that's a full fledge adult.
i love this movie. it just goes to show we dont magically turn into adults; it's a process -- many months and years of jumping through hoops, enduring life's trials and tribulations, do we finally grow up. just because someone is 18, 20 or 25, does not mean they're 'adults', especially if they're still doing the same crap they were doing a decade ago. only until we secured the income and gone through the years of raising a healthy, sound child, can we call ourselves adults.

8/10

hey, I agree with that...

And that movie was great, though would love to see season 2...

I mean watching that movie last night 1am, at the ending... seeing Satsuki being so positive and happy about the future... man that was so emotional for me... I mean, I felt so happy and had this feeling I could do anything... and how Life is beautiful, and how u should never give up, and how in the end everything will turn out good... and I have this great admiration of Satsuki...

nice, nice...

Oct 24, 2013 9:50 AM

Aug 2008
I demand a season 2.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Oct 24, 2013 10:29 AM

May 2010
I prefered a sequel however they did a good job though
Oct 24, 2013 10:45 AM

Nov 2009
MoeXtreme said:
Anyone have any idea what happened to Ohana's father, that camera man??

Still remains unknown to us. I hope they will reveal it soon, in the season 2(if they plan to make it) lol.
The movie is quite good, got all the feels ;_; ...
Oct 24, 2013 2:33 PM

Jul 2013
her dad's probably dead.. I just want to say one thing

BABY OHANA IS SO DAMN CUUUUUUTTTEEEEEE!!!!! ♥♥♥♥
Oct 24, 2013 10:25 PM

Jun 2013
this movie is splendid, especially the art! i don't know that P.A Works really at this level! the story is also fine, especially nako-chi XD\

but i think this movie has no surprise factors, but still it's worth to watch
Oct 25, 2013 12:48 AM

Oct 2013
jiraiya_sensei said:

Her dad is dead, it was stated in the anime.
Oct 25, 2013 2:02 AM
Sep 2012
Such a great movie with all the great character/story development, and humor in all the right places. Even is great, though this is PA Works we're talking about here. XD

This movie certainly lives up to the wonderful show it's based on. The only thing that I can really complain about is that it's only slightly more than an hour.

8/10
Oct 25, 2013 5:25 AM

May 2013
i think the serie is better, i like ohana mother but not ohana, this movie seem to be focus on her but why is there so much ohana, and the scene where she cry for nako felt so off to me -1

8/10
Oct 25, 2013 9:03 AM

Jan 2008
Hem, I'm content with the movie and dissapointed at the same time - I hoped for some plot points to be resolved like Minko and Tohru hooking up or Tomoe finding herself a man (preferably Ren-san *shameless shipping*) but then again I liked the focus it put on Ohana's mother. I bawled like a baby during Mana's search. It was very good as a movie, on par with the series.

fst said:
Is that who I think it is on the posters about 22 minutes in, or am I just a racist who think all asians look the same?

I NOTICED THAT TOO. My headcanon tells me, that the movie on the posters was a hit back then and every guy was trying to imitate the main character or something like that and Ren was among them :D
CiaraOct 25, 2013 9:43 AM
Oct 25, 2013 11:36 AM

Jan 2013
8/10
Solid movie, had its ups and downs.
I really liked Ohana's Mother's story. She's a more likable character to me.
Disappointed there wasn't any romantic development between Ohana and her childhood friend.
Oct 26, 2013 2:05 AM

Jan 2008
I really really like it. I wanted to see her mother's childhood.
Oct 26, 2013 10:51 PM

May 2010
This reminded me how much I love and missed Hanasaku Iroha...

Yuina was acting so cute when she was cutting those branches xD Nako has such cute siblings esp. her sister and gotta love the sibling who was eating quitely and enjoying each bite, reminded me so much of my childhood days as I was a bit liike that. Nako is such a nice sisterl, taking care of her siblings when she was so tired.

Her mother's story was so nice, and 'slice-of-life' like, I don't know; it feels more real than most of the romance-related stuff I have seen. It's so amazing...

I got my short Tohru x Ohana scene, thanks God they still get screentime together; not fond of Kou x Ohana at all even if it is canon... Minko acting like Yuina, haha.

Poor Ren-san xD Gotta love Kissuisu's staff and their teamwork. Nako opening up was so... gave me feels... Loved how Ohana could relate to her and looved every single second of it.

Great idea by Yuina. Those bentos by Minko xD Some Minko/Ohana fromance which I missed. Family/flowers huh, I really Ohana's name now that I think about it. Loved how they showed her and her mother running near the end. Ohana's smile was so precious...

This movie was a genius, what is wrong with people... I mean seriously? 8.10 is all you think it deserves? I was totally expecting a 8.5+, so underrated both the series and this...

10/10 for me (if it isn't already obvious enough :p)
Oct 27, 2013 1:38 AM
Mar 2013
this movie is so good, i got the all emotion in here, 9/10 from me
the time line is in the middle of anime series, is it right?

and after i watch this, i really want s2 and the story focus relationship progress, like kou-chan

co1onel said:
jiraiya_sensei said:

Her dad is dead, it was stated in the anime.

when? or what episode?
Oct 28, 2013 7:20 AM

Jul 2011
Great movie but I was expecting a sequel e no screentime for Kouichi disappointed me a little.

8/10
Oct 28, 2013 4:30 PM

Feb 2012
I decided to hold off on this movie until I was half way to the bottom of a bottle of scotch.

That was a bad idea. So many feels...

All and all it was a great movie. It added some nice depth to things the anime didn't explore. I was happy when I saw this was coming out because I had enjoyed the series so much. Now I feel just as depressed as I did after the last episode of the anime.
Oct 28, 2013 7:53 PM

Mar 2011
9/10
Great movie i like it, It's good the see them again
Oct 29, 2013 9:13 PM

May 2011
This would've been an AWESOME movie if it just focused on Ohana's mom's back story. I personally didn't care too much about the present segments, but the back story of Satsuki was enough to carry this movie.
Oct 30, 2013 6:35 AM

Jul 2009
I really liked it, it was fun to know about Satsuki's past.
Oct 30, 2013 10:13 AM

Sep 2010
Pretty good movie.... It's nice how they focused story between Ohana and Satsuki....

7/10
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Question about Ohana's father.

_Alchemist - Jul 4, 2014

4 by Maggot_Brain »»
Mar 3, 2018 5:56 PM

» Teaser

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2012

11 by SeaJaeger »»
Aug 30, 2013 9:26 PM

Poll: » Thoughts on this?

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2012

15 by Soren »»
Aug 25, 2013 10:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.