Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 21, 2013 10:31 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, Evangeline looks good this episode.

I can see that Hakaze is still guilty a bit about what happened during that little time trip of her's. Otherwise, good fight in the air with the duel. Shit went down and hell, it's a bloody take over. Nice.

Oh nice to see Hakaze takes flight also and bringing it on. Nice.

Mar 21, 2013 12:27 PM

Jun 2012
Ah the good ol death in the penultimate episode(or not based on the preview for next week?)

Damn wished they would've aired this a 1 hour series finale instead of splitting it in half.
Mar 21, 2013 12:31 PM

Feb 2012
Ohh shit i'm guessing he's dead this time. iirc there isn't anyone on the ship who can heal him with magic and hakaze and the others are busy.

Sorry Yoshino if you survived you'll be bleeding to death...

It'll be interesting to see the next episode - really can't wait.
Mar 21, 2013 1:02 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wtf Okada why did you make it so that Yoshino gets shot? =_= Although I'm sure Yoshino won't die, I think he's suffered enough. It's just to make it more dramatic. It's the second time Mahiro has seen Yoshino almost die (well the first time I'm pretty sure Yoshino actually died). Poor Mahiro too, seeing your best friend so close to death twice must be somewhat traumatic, even if it's someone as strong as Mahiro.

I love the conversation between Mahiro and Hanemura ^^ they're a fun duo. The scene with Hakaze and Yoshino was meh. I don't think it's entirely necessary (since it wasn't in the manga) but I guess it's still a good addition. I'm glad neither of them were OOC, I kind of expected some romance drama from the preview so it's good that it wasn't what I thought :)

The fight was awesome nicely animated, very entertaining to watch. I can't believe the next episode is the finale! >< I really wonder what's going to happen to Yoshino.
Mar 21, 2013 1:09 PM

Jun 2008
tingy said:
Wtf Okada why did you make it so that Yoshino gets shot? =_= Although I'm sure Yoshino won't die, I think he's suffered enough. It's just to make it more dramatic. It's the second time Mahiro has seen Yoshino almost die (well the first time I'm pretty sure Yoshino actually died). Poor Mahiro too, seeing your best friend so close to death twice must be somewhat traumatic, even if it's someone as strong as Mahiro.

Actually since they´re not following the manga in this ep, and Yoshino is said to be inspired in Shakeaspeare´s "Romeo" he has a great chance to die and join his "juliet"/Ophelia/Sycorax Aika. IMO that would suck, since Aika died for them to be alive and happy, for them to have a happy end, specially Yoshino.
Judging by his end in the manga, I wouldn't be surprised if he had an original anime end. Still I hope they follow the manga, I actually liked the last chapter a lot, specially Aika´s letters.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Mar 21, 2013 1:17 PM

Oct 2012
Only one more episode u.u
Overall, it was a good episode.
Mahiro is a good strategist.
I was not expecting Ypshino to be shot, and pretty close to the heart too. Nobody is there to help him, and Hakaze said she wouldn't help him either....
I hope they don't kill him.
"We should be more proud of NEETs! Love the country that strives to produce NEETs, for world peace, we must stand up! We must find more non NEET-in-waiting elites, learn from each other , form a new Japanese Party, and bravely challenge the evil! Grow, NEETs! Grow like blazing fire! NEETs!”
Mar 21, 2013 1:17 PM

Nov 2012
Loved the fight and the plan was very good
I want to see Mahiro angry (although I don't believe Yoshino is dead)
1 episode left. Can't wait for the finale
Mar 21, 2013 1:19 PM

Jan 2013
Well that episode pissed me off. I enjoyed everything until Yoshino gets shot. I know some people think he is meant for Aika and if he dies they would be reunited in death, blah, blah, blah. I am a Hakaze fan, I want the happy ending for the living.

I look forward to next week!
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Mar 21, 2013 1:30 PM

Aug 2012
Only one more episode that sucks, looking forward to next week

Mar 21, 2013 1:35 PM

May 2012
nice plan and fighting scene ~

ahh Yoshino oO
Mar 21, 2013 1:46 PM
Oct 2011
Tbh, I really enjoy Mahiro's and Hanemura's bromance thing.

Decent episode nontheless. Stoked by the final episode, still crossing my fingers to have the real ending.
Mar 21, 2013 2:07 PM

Nov 2008
So the animation team has decided to screw around with the very good ending that the original author provided to them... Let's see how they get out of this without totally screwing the pooch...
Mar 21, 2013 2:22 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode.
Loved the pool scene.
Mar 21, 2013 2:24 PM

May 2012
He dead.
Mar 21, 2013 2:41 PM

Nov 2012
I wanted an ending a little, just a little different from the manga (Manga ending was almost perfect), but killing yoshino definetly wasn't on mind.
Hope he is not dead. Otherwise, some of the good stuff from the ending of the manga will not make sense.

jose21Mar 21, 2013 2:47 PM
Mar 21, 2013 2:46 PM

Oct 2007
He's not dead,you can see him in the next episode preview
all for fun.fun for all
Mar 21, 2013 2:50 PM

Sep 2011
totoum said:
He's not dead,you can see him in the next episode preview
yah but he can be dying because of it, think about it, The tree gets destroyed so theres no way to instantly heal him with magic. And since they are so far out at sea they wouldnt be able to get back and treat him in time

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 21, 2013 3:01 PM

Dec 2012
Can't wait for next week and the conclusion of this series!
Mar 21, 2013 3:18 PM
Aug 2011
Yoshino D;
Unless the Yoshino we see in the preview is a flashback?

Was it wrong that I was cracking up when he and Mahiro start threatening people on the ship whilst wearing scuba suits and masks?
Random but it was also amusing how in the beginning Samon and Hayakawa are talking via wood blocks.
Mar 21, 2013 3:25 PM

Aug 2012
gahhh why shoot Yoshino and go all cliffy on us like that?? I'm sure Hakaze will see it and rush to heal him before Hanemura destroys the tree. Though that'll blow their cover, so who knows what'll happen..Hope they just did it for drama and they'll end up following the manga's end.

I really like how Tetsuma was the one to replace Hanemura in the fight. Fitting, since he needs to put up a good fight to make it look legit, because Hakaze always teased him growing up and he's carried some resentment towards her. And she even egged him on, I like that they did that.
Mar 21, 2013 3:30 PM
Mar 2013
wow... Yoshino)x now that's what i call a plot twist, didn't see that one coming at all... doubt he'll die though, Hakaze will probably save him again(?). but it seems like the tree of genesis(?)/exodus(?) really wants him dead... poor Mahiro, has to witness the death of his best friend againD; Samon was right to not include Yoshino in the fight, its always like Yoshino is there to change everything/get in the way of things~ hope he doesn't die though >< anyways can't wait till next week's episode!
Mar 21, 2013 4:01 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Into each life some rain must fall...
Mar 21, 2013 4:08 PM

Nov 2007
Fantastic setup for a possibly remarkable finale. I can't really see how Yoshino is going to survive unless the bullet just grazed him.

Hakaze still is the love of this anime! <3

Bumped my overall anime rating to a 9/10 after this episode!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 21, 2013 4:16 PM

Jan 2013
shanimebib said:
Fantastic setup for a possibly remarkable finale. I can't really see how Yoshino is going to survive unless the bullet just grazed him.

Hakaze still is the love of this anime! <3

Bumped my overall anime rating to a 9/10 after this episode!

Agree with you about Hakaze!! You gotta love an anime character who is NOT afraid to confess her love. :)
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Mar 21, 2013 4:24 PM

Mar 2012
the part I liked the most of this ep is seeing Tetsuma dressed as the Dancing Princess and the worst thing is Yoshino being shot O.o
Mar 21, 2013 4:41 PM

Feb 2012
Well looks like the tragedy ending is upon us.
Mar 21, 2013 4:44 PM

May 2010
of course someone has to get shot, this time it was Yoshino why else would they bring them. if someone wasnt gonna get shot.
Mar 21, 2013 4:58 PM
Feb 2012
oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god
This is not going to end well, Yoshino or the world?
Mar 21, 2013 5:06 PM

Jul 2011
Great episode. Is this show really going to end on episode 24? There is no way they can give it a good ending in one episode from where they are. If it is ending I hope there will be a season 2.
Mar 21, 2013 5:10 PM

Apr 2009
Yusa-pyan said:
oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god
This is not going to end well, Yoshino or the world?
this is the thing that I see as something that would bother them until the end.. this has been something like a theme for the show (World vs one single character), and them making changes in the anime to push forth with this may be worth the risk.. they better make up with something that the manga did for the ending though..
Mar 21, 2013 5:11 PM

Jan 2009
Yoshino is dead, good battle scenes btw
Mar 21, 2013 5:12 PM

Nov 2012
Yoshino better not die! Him and Mahiro have to read Aika's letters together or it'll be depressing.

And this episode was rather casually funny. I loved it when Mahiro was trying to pump up Hanemura and telling him stuff like, "I got your back" while at the same time hitting him or pinching him lol It's nice how Mahiro's more honest with his feelings, but seriously, they need to stop emotionally traumatizing the poor guy.

And what's worse is Yoshino just decided on a new beginning of making himself involved with people that are important to him. Now he gets shot? If he dies, I'm certainly not going to be happy. Besides, even if they use the Romeo + Juliet card, it doesn't exactly make sense seeing this was based on a mix of Hamlet and The Tempest. As far as I know, Hamlet died in a battle with Laertes, and neither Yoshino or Mahiro will be fighting. The Tempest isn't a tragedy, so really even if the anime isn't following the manga, it shouldn't end in a tragedy.

And just a question for all the manga readers (if you don't mind), can you tell what the ending is in the manga and how it differs from the anime ending that will occur?
Mar 21, 2013 5:13 PM

Oct 2011
Damn, Yoshino is dead for real this time!!
Signature
Mar 21, 2013 5:18 PM

Jan 2013
Bloody cliff hangers!
Mar 21, 2013 5:29 PM

Jul 2009
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCKING CLIFFHANGER
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 21, 2013 5:38 PM

May 2010
RIP yoshino. well atleast i hope u are dead. would make the last episode abit more interesting and this show abit less average.

3/5
Mar 21, 2013 5:44 PM

Nov 2007
lol @ Mahiro for for ripping KajiKaji's character's letter. lol @ Mizuki-san's character.

Their talk before the final battle is long, and both friends just wanted to be involved. Not just 2 roles getting switched, that Yoshino-san's character also switched with one of them. Cannot wait for what was said in the preview.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 21, 2013 5:52 PM

Apr 2012
The dialogue in this episode was really something, from the talk between Yoshino and Hakaze to the battle strategy (and pretty much everything in between) in was kept entertained.

Looking at the manga, it seems they added a few things and skipped aswell. Although it is a little disappointing for the skipping I cant be more happy that we are getting the same ending as the manga, considering there are only 2 chapters left to animate.

5/5 for this episode.
Mar 21, 2013 6:11 PM

May 2010
Mike_the_Great said:
The dialogue in this episode was really something, from the talk between Yoshino and Hakaze to the battle strategy (and pretty much everything in between) in was kept entertained.

Looking at the manga, it seems they added a few things and skipped aswell. Although it is a little disappointing for the skipping I cant be more happy that we are getting the same ending as the manga, considering there are only 2 chapters left to animate.

5/5 for this episode.

there was absolutely nothing special about the dialogue. dont even pretend u fanboy.
Mar 21, 2013 6:37 PM

Dec 2012
Orulyon said:
Actually since they´re not following the manga in this ep, and Yoshino is said to be inspired in Shakeaspeare´s "Romeo" he has a great chance to die and join his "juliet"/Ophelia/Sycorax Aika. IMO that would suck, since Aika died for them to be alive and happy, for them to have a happy end, specially Yoshino.
Judging by his end in the manga, I wouldn't be surprised if he had an original anime end. Still I hope they follow the manga, I actually liked the last chapter a lot, specially Aika´s letters.

i love shows/movies that are not afraid to kill main characters. i actually love it. and it would be kind of nice to have this ending because it would give me a lot feels tbh and i liked your idea that yoshino would join aika in death, but... i can't imagine it. this show had a lot of plot twists, but i can't imagine that they would kill yoshino. i actually don't see the point in doing so because the manga has a real ending (i haven't read it yet and i don't know any spoilers about the ending, fortunately, but that's what i heard).

well, but i have to admit that i sat there with my mouth open when yoshino got shot. it took me by surprise because this whole episode just seemed like a slow buildup for the actual finale.

i'm curious how they'll end everything with just one episode.

AND I WANT TO KNOW WHO HANEMURA'S GIRLFRIEND IS, GODDAMNIT. it drives me nuts. all these little hints everywhere, ughh. i mean there aren't that many possibilities and i don't think that they'll introduce a new character all of a sudden, but... i just want to know who it is.
Mar 21, 2013 6:39 PM

Apr 2012
Kerozinn said:
Mike_the_Great said:

5/5 for this episode.

there was absolutely nothing special about the dialogue. dont even pretend u fanboy.

Coming from someone who gave code geass a 10... I cant take the bolded part seriously.

But because i got nothing better to do, let me explain because i clearly didn't explain it well enough. I'll give it to you that the dialogue alone was not so good, it was like reading a mediocre novel. But when i meant dialogue i really meant everything surrounding it, so how the animation and the soundtracks that accompanied the scene really made the whole very good and entertaining.
Mike_the_GreatMar 21, 2013 6:46 PM
Mar 21, 2013 6:53 PM

Nov 2012
Nice episode, but Yoshino being shoted was so... ugh, sad. I think he is dead, idk. Well, I can't see any way to someone heal him. If Yoshino survives, it will be like a miracle lol I am soooo excitated for the next episode. And I really wanna know what is on Aika-chan's letter (I didn't read manga yet). owo
Mar 21, 2013 6:59 PM

Apr 2012
enviKwu said:
Can't wait for next week and the conclusion of this series!
Mar 21, 2013 7:01 PM

Jun 2009
i want to know whats in the letter. hes prbabaly not gunna die tho>!
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Mar 21, 2013 7:03 PM

Jun 2011
bitch done and got himself shot
Mar 21, 2013 7:08 PM

May 2010
Mike_the_Great said:
Kerozinn said:
Mike_the_Great said:

5/5 for this episode.

Coming from someone who gave code geass a 10... I cant take the bolded part seriously.

But because i got nothing better to do, let me explain because i clearly didn't explain it well enough. I'll give it to you that the dialogue alone was not so good, it was like reading a mediocre novel. But when i meant dialogue i really meant everything surrounding it, so how the animation and the soundtracks that accompanied the scene really made the whole very good and entertaining.

i really dont care if u like the show(its below average to me) but dont embarass yourself by saying the dialogue was "something". this show is no [insert anime with great diaogue].

damn right code geass is a 10/10 for me.
Mar 21, 2013 7:11 PM

Jul 2008
From last episode's preview, I was so worried someone tore Aika's letter up. Glad that's not that case. ~_~; Put me on the side that thinks Yoshino is dead. Q_Q
(◕ᴥ◕し)むにゅ〜
Mar 21, 2013 7:17 PM

Feb 2012
Yoshino bad timing to get shot but in a way it's good he got shot they needed a twist i mean it couldn't go perfectly according to plan!
Mar 21, 2013 7:24 PM
Sep 2012
Evangeline looks so damn hot in the outfits she wears. I wonder why no one in the cast has banged her yet. Hakaze looked pretty good too in her bikini at the pool. I was laughing when Mahiro tore up that heartfelt letter, that took Megumu 3 days to write in front, of his face as if it was garbage. Mahiro sure does love to pick on Megumu often - even though his reason for tearing up that letter was a good one.

That plan of Mahiro is really good. Everything worked according to plan -- until on of the crew shot Yoshino in the back. Who ever shot him better hope that they can shoot Mahiro since he's gonna get a good ass beating if Mahiro gets to them.
Mar 21, 2013 7:36 PM

Jul 2009
Orulyon said:
tingy said:

they're not following? what's the difference between manga/now?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

398 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

116 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

260 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

278 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

138 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 8:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.