Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 14, 2015 4:16 PM
Dec 2014
That Whams fight and his death scene. Was pretty epic.
Nov 24, 2015 7:10 PM

Jun 2014
So Cars did betray them after all! He's such an asshole, even with his fabulous hair.
Lisa went down so easily too, it just shows how powerful Cars is. I wonder how Joseph is gonna end off the fight. Also I hope Lisa gets to talk to him a little bit before dying. Great episode
Dec 23, 2015 6:41 AM

Jan 2012
Espada92 said:
That Whams fight and his death scene. Was pretty epic.

Dec 26, 2015 1:58 AM

Apr 2009
Soo Lisa Lisa has entered milf status.. but come on girl, I expected more of a fight from you.
Also, I knew in the back of my mind that Kars would never play fair.

I'm actually glad that he turned the tables yet again because I felt like it was out of character for him to agree to Wamuu's terms of engagement.

Btw, Stroheim is giving me GI Joe vibes. He would totally fit the role as a German super Nazi antagonist.
mell4444Dec 26, 2015 2:04 AM
Mar 8, 2016 4:36 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Wham died a good death. At least he is respectable unlike Cars. What a d*ckhead move. Lisa Lisa is Jojo's mother. The first thing that came up in my head is that scene where Jojo peeked through that keyhole to see Lisa Lisa XD

5/5
Mar 10, 2016 7:36 PM

Feb 2012
Kars sayin you're already dead to his vampires

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 10, 2016 7:42 PM

Feb 2012
Honorable warrior Blueford vs Jonathan followed by less honorable Tarkus vs Jonathan in a fight involving a chain risking the life of his teacher, Zeppeli

Honorable warrior Wamuu vs Joseph followed by less honorable Kars vs Joseph in a fight involving a rope risking the life of his teacher, Lisa Lisa.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Apr 7, 2016 12:56 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Respect to Wham, that was a really great episode! Hope Kars burns in hell soon!!

Also I knew Lisa Lisa was the baby, but I kinda forgot to think about the link, so she being his mother was kinda shocking all in all.
Apr 10, 2016 12:27 PM

Apr 2014
My favourite episode so far. Enjoyed it to the maximum. The speech of dying Wamuu and Stroheim badass moment did it for me.
We also got to see Cars in the action. This episode was just too much to handle. 5/5
themanualreader@proton.me
May 1, 2016 11:20 AM

Oct 2014
God dammit Kars, he saved the puppy and the flowers yet... disrespecting Whamuu like that... I really liked Whamuu :(
May 5, 2016 6:57 PM

May 2014
Yes!!! The Nazis showed up, sweet!! Wait...what the-

Hair goals af...also turns out Kars is pretty damn fine under that turban and cape thingy, too bad he also turns out to be a colossal asshat as well.
Although I did cry with laughter when he started stroking Lisa Lisa's legs...still not sure if he was fondling her or just testing out some guitar riffs.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2016 7:41 AM

Feb 2013
Kars you are a disgrace for using such cheap tricks!
Stroheim appeared with a big BANG, awesome as always.
JoJo save your mother!
May 14, 2016 2:15 PM
Oct 2011
One of the interesting things about Kars as a villain is that he is a foil to Joseph. Both are highly pragmatic fighters, who understand that in battles to the death just about anything goes. THE DIFFERENCE is that Joseph has lines he is unwilling to cross. He WON'T abandon the innocent to save his own hide, and doesn't indulge in pointless cruelty. He also KEEPS his promises to friends, as shown when he refuses to take the antidote until he beats Wammu, as he feels to do otherwise would dishonor Caesar's memory. These differences are we we can simultaneously love Joseph while hating Kars.

Finally, on the Lisa Lisa note. The first time I read that scene I HATED It with a vengeance. Since then my perspective has changed, somewhat. While I still don't like it, I appreciate it for being a product of its time. I Also feel that if you have to take out a badass such as Lisa Lisa so easily this is the way to do it. With a trick so dirty not even Joseph himself would sink to it. It helps paint a picture of Kars as someone afraid to take Lisa Lisa on in a fair fight Although that might be overly generous of me.
Jun 30, 2016 1:44 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, that final form was really crazy.

But of course JoJo outsmarted Wamuu with that bandana and liquid trick to set him on fire, badass!

I can't believe he gave Wamuu some blood to ease his death at the end like he showed Caesar respect, but that was a lot of blood, looked like JoJo should've passed out or died.

Kars using a double was a cheap trick (that could've been a character name since it's a band lol). Then he stole the stone! pfft.

Stroheim and his army and the UV lights! that's clever.

Dangling Lisa Lisa! OMG and she is JoJo's mother D:

It's just as well JoJo was never attracted to her lol. Otherwise that would've been wrong and awkward lol.
Jul 17, 2016 8:39 PM

Dec 2014
This show really knows how to make villains likeable, except for Kars. Fucking scum.

And that plot-twist, I had a feeling Lisa-Lisa was related to Jojo, like being his aunt, but damn. And Jojo was doing some questionable things a few episodes earlier, and then you find out she's your mother? Damn
Sep 24, 2016 5:25 AM

Feb 2016
i already knew this spoiler from reading a discussion a few eps back where several commented it because some people are extremely selfish individuals who only want to express their feels and hence ruining it for everyone else. This is despite the fact I carefully rewatched and found zilch clues (obvious) that directly point to that conclusion. Being a hamon user is not necessarily just a genetic trait, the first affirmed joestar was not born with hamon abilities. He was physically ordinary like his father before him.

Even so, ponder this, maybe not everyone is as gifted as you special snowflakes to draw to that conclusion. Maybe don't be a colossal douche mcnugget and ruin it for everyone else?

Well thanks for that you particular guys and gals, thanks.

And no, adding ... to the end of your lame sentence doesn't make your comment any less insidious.
Cloud_IllusionsSep 24, 2016 6:05 AM
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Sep 30, 2016 4:07 AM

May 2016
"And that kids, is how I met my mother."- Joseph Joestar
He'll definitely have a story that will be passed on for generations.

Wamuu is an honorable man. His death made me respect him as a warrior indeed. I also give him my salute.

Kars on the other hand, has no honor at all. That damn cheater.

His only redeeming features are his hair and electric guitar skills (the luscious legs of a Hamon user counts, right?)

Dec 13, 2016 8:15 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Lisa Lisa is the Jojo´s mom!!!!
Dec 28, 2016 9:15 PM
Aug 2015
Wow what a great episode oh man
Jan 6, 2017 6:13 PM

May 2013
Wham >>>>>>>>>>>>> Cars

-.-
Jan 26, 2017 6:11 AM

Oct 2012
I wish Wamuu is the last boss, he's more likable than Kars

German Guile is too OP xD

Noiiceeee..
Joseph, you remember that one time you peeked?
Yeah... Noiceeee xD
"Signature removed"
Feb 17, 2017 1:28 PM

Aug 2015
To think JoJo had the hots for his mom...

That's some dank Oedipus shiz right there.
Feb 17, 2017 4:17 PM
Nov 2016
BlueSquaddy said:
To think JoJo had the hots for his mom...

That's some dank Oedipus shiz right there.
To be fair he had no idea she was his mom at the time.

This goes for Joseph and Oedipus.
Mar 28, 2017 10:03 AM

Dec 2015
Lisa got quite beat up, but wait she's Jojo's mom?! Wutttt??
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 1, 2017 10:07 PM

Jun 2010
So did Kars do guitar noises when he held up LisaLisa's legs in the original too? Because I just watched it on Toonami and I thought that was something they threw in because it's still kind of April Fool's yet.
Apr 2, 2017 5:37 AM
Nov 2016
PiRhoManiac said:
So did Kars do guitar noises when he held up LisaLisa's legs in the original too? Because I just watched it on Toonami and I thought that was something they threw in because it's still kind of April Fool's yet.
It's in the Japanese version as well. Though the dub makes it an elegtric guitar.
Apr 6, 2017 8:59 AM

Jul 2016
Von Stroheim!!!! He shall never die!
Apr 11, 2017 6:33 AM
Jun 2016
Really great episode. I'm really loving it since Wamuu vs Caesar fight, I wasn't that much involved in the show before that, but since then it has been a great watch. I liked the reveal of Cars' true nature, and I'm perfectly getting is point, this is a death battle, you can follow your principles if you want, but you shouldn't be surprised when someone use every advantage he have to win. The part when he was playing with Lisa Lisa's legs was so random and unexpected, it made me laugh out loud with a big "WTF ?". Oh, and Stroheim voice is still genius, those god damn high pitches note the voice actor hits are so funny haha.

I didn't remember that the baby Erina saved was the mother of Jojo, even if I know that they had this discussion about the babies in the first episode of the part 2, so it was a nice reveal for me, and sent shivers down my spine, I'm really caring about the characters now, especially JoJo and Caesar. This part is so much better than the first one, I'm glad I gave it a try
Apr 26, 2017 3:24 AM

Dec 2013
always wondered why JoJo's parents were just "dead" when Part 2 started, didn't think that Lisa Lisa would be his mother, but it's not that much of a surprise imo :D

great end to Wham who jumped around poking holes in vampires with his horned head, oh well lol
next episode should be interesting!
Apr 29, 2017 3:53 AM

Dec 2015
WamuuFEELS bible thump
~
Sep 9, 2017 1:10 AM

Apr 2013
is it me or does this remind anyone else of the Dio situation. One mad fighter, one noble warrior and finally the crafty boss.
and now that the reveal is explicit i do hope they tell why Lisa disappeared from Jojo's life and Speedy and Erina claimed she dies of a disease.
Sep 24, 2017 6:45 PM

Mar 2012
RIP Wham, was a pretty honorable villain. Then we have Cars who's a complete bastard.
Nov 16, 2017 1:53 AM

Jun 2016
I was like "Here comes my badass Lisa Lisa" then she got stabbed from behind by Kars. Goddamnit.

Joseph is just too dumb to realize Lisa Lisa is his mother, huh? Pffft. I guess the fight will always end with Kars and Joseph.

Fuck you, Kars! How dare you hurt my Lisa Lisa!?!

Von Stroheim's entrance, though. Daaaaamn!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 30, 2018 1:41 AM

Jan 2013
Cars is a bitch but he's hot. Not gonna lie.

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Jan 30, 2018 1:43 AM

Jan 2013
Raitei said:
also wow at her being Jojo's mother! Didn't expect that..

Seriously? That was obvious since she's this kid from 50 years ago. It was told in the first ep that this kid got married to Erina's son. Just watch more carefully. xd

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Sep 25, 2018 2:41 AM
Jun 2016
Damn, this was such a jam-packed episode. I loved it! The sequence which takes place after JoJo and Wham's fight was great. I loved how honorable both men are. Then we move to Cars who reveals that he's not a "honorable warrior" like Wham and AC/DC. There is also this scene where Stroheim, Speedwagon, Smokey, etc. came to JoJo's aid, which was epic and quite heartwarming.
Sep 25, 2018 9:29 PM

May 2015
Seeing Stroheim always put a smile on my face.
Oct 12, 2018 1:53 AM

Jan 2018
Damn it Kars!! Lisa Lisa better not die this season.
Oct 22, 2018 7:08 AM

Oct 2013
Kars and Lisa Lisa are both so beautiful.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 10, 2018 11:07 PM

Dec 2014
So lisa is Jojo.s mother... damn there is one twist after the other...seems like there is story behind jojo's father
Jan 7, 2019 5:09 PM

Aug 2008
That fight was rather anti-climatic. Guess we can't steal the main stars thunder by having someone else be badass and take out a major antagonist or at the very least put up a good fight. Nope, taken out quickly and turned into a damsel.
Feb 26, 2019 10:32 AM

Sep 2018
She is his mother......not so Naicuuu anymore

<- To be Continued
Mar 9, 2019 7:03 AM

Oct 2013
RIP Wamuu, such a great warrior with Pride and high sense of honor.

JoJo again showed his adultery as a fighter by paying a tribute to Wamuu.

Poor Lisa Lisa. :( Kars, unlike Wamuu and ACDC, is for winning by all means, even if it concerns cheating.

Stroheim's arrival = epic. And I'm glad that Smokey said out loud what we all have known since episode 21 already - that Lisa Lisa is in fact Joseph's mother.
Mar 10, 2019 8:50 PM
Apr 2018
God, this episode was so infuriating! I knew the battle vs Kars would be fought by Jojo but the way he defeated Lisa Lisa was so... arrgh. Kars is such a fucking idiot. On a side note, all hamon teachers really suck: most of them ended up being stomped.

Alright, now about the rest: the chariot race was quite awesome. It sure was creative.
Mar 28, 2019 11:42 AM

Oct 2014
Huh... I knew Lisa Lisa wouldn't win this fight, but what the hell was that? She was built up to be a badass and was easily defeated in a matter of seconds.... I was hoping for a good fight at least, but she was only reduced to a damsel in distress, how disappointing. Also how many times do these guys have to mention she's a woman like it's a bad thing, lmao But I really like that Kars isn't a fair player, we got enough of those already.
May 5, 2019 9:15 AM
Apr 2016
I felt bad for Wamuu, that he died, he was awesome... Kars on the otherhand is SCUM, good lord he's such a scum. Nice plot twist at the end...damn. Good episode.
Aug 5, 2019 5:02 AM

Jul 2016
LeMasta said:
This show really knows how to make villains likeable, except for Kars. Fucking scum.

And that plot-twist, I had a feeling Lisa-Lisa was related to Jojo, like being his aunt, but damn. And Jojo was doing some questionable things a few episodes earlier, and then you find out she's your mother? Damn

I like Kars.

He does whatever is needed to win.

How is that any different to Joseph?
Aug 17, 2019 1:32 AM

Feb 2019
RIP Whamu, such a great warrior

Goddamnit, i was excited to see a serious battle between LisaLisa and Cars, why did he have to ruin it.

Lisa Lisa is Joseph's mother...that's so weird, considering some perverted stuff he had done before....the fuck
Sep 9, 2019 6:51 PM
Jan 2016
Wham's death scene was unbelievably gar; I felt some real manly sadness during his death. The Lisa Lisa reveal came at the last minute, but the foreshadowing in the preceding episodes gave a pretty clear indication that something was up. That said, the "Ride of the Rohirrim" bit was a definite asspull, not that the series has been short on them. It is Joseph's gimmick, after all. I really liked this episode, and I'm looking forward to seeing this arc's resolution. The Pillar Men have been great antagonists, and Joseph's time in the spotlight has been a blast.
Sep 16, 2019 9:41 AM

Feb 2017
Oh man, I loved the way Lisa Lisa just kicked aside that pile of weapons, lol.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nidhoeggr - Jan 4, 2013

158 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Yesterday, 12:14 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nidhoeggr - Nov 30, 2012

209 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 24, 9:50 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KiraYoshikage - Nov 9, 2012

179 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 23, 12:28 AM

» why do people question the watch order?

Rye_the_Guy - Mar 20

31 by eli_shmeli »»
Apr 22, 12:23 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KiraYoshikage - Oct 19, 2012

254 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 18, 1:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.