Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 25, 2013 3:12 PM

Jan 2008
neontaster said:
Paul said:
I have no idea what the hell is going on.

Really? For the first time I actually feel like a got a good handle on what's happening.

I think it was all the references that confused me. Hell, the first half of the story I seriously thought Sasami was simply writing some fanfiction or something, she'd seem like someone who would. So I didn't take in anything seriously, so when it got to the end of the episode, I was just lost. I still enjoyed the episode overall though. Might rewatch it later.
Jan 25, 2013 3:28 PM

Nov 2011
Paul said:
I think it was all the references that confused me. Hell, the first half of the story I seriously thought Sasami was simply writing some fanfiction or something, she'd seem like someone who would. So I didn't take in anything seriously, so when it got to the end of the episode, I was just lost. I still enjoyed the episode overall though. Might rewatch it later.

So here's the deal the way I see it:

So there's Amaterasu who is a god (goddess, actually). Let's call her the God of our world. She has the power to change our reality. That's Tsurugi (redhead). Now, after being a god for however long, Amaterasu gets sick of it, and gives her powers of alteration to Sasami's ancestor of the Tsukuyomi family. She figures when he dies she'll resume her duties. But Tsukuyomi manages to pass the power to his offspring by practicing incest and keeping the DNA similar enough. So Amaterasu figures she's OK with this for now because they are helping the world and continues to just hang around.

So centuries pass and the Tsukuyomi family develops into a weird incest cult where the daughters become the bearers of Amaterasu's power and the sons become their slaves (this explains why Onii-chan is so subservient to Sasami and also sexually attracted to her). The daughters are also drugged to prevent them from having any desires, instead only using their powers to make the world better.

Eventually the power passes to Sasami and Kamiomi is her servant. But something happens and Sasami realizes what's going on and runs away to the real world, where she discovers the internet and stuff of that nature. She is captured and brought back but then escapes again with her brother.

Then something weird happens and Sasami loses the power of Amaterasu, which moves to her brother (or so she thinks). What actually happened was that Sasami wished for her brother to be happy, and the way this happened was be heeding HIS wish that Sasami live a normal life, thus leading to her powers being limited and her believing that her brother actually has those powers.

Meanwhile, Amaterasu herself (Tsurugi) creates another god from a part of herself - that's Tama (the blond). She calls Kamiomi "Papa-rin" because she thinks he has the power of Amaterasu and his thus like a father figure to her. Kagami (the robot) also came from a part of Tsurugi but was raised by someone evil. Eventually Tsurugi takes Kagami back and is raising her and Tama. They don't usually have human form, but they are there now because Sasami wished for them to protect her. Sasami also couldn't leave her house because of some evil god affecting her. Now she is once again aware that she still has Amaterasu's power so... I don't know. That's basically where episode 3 ended.

Um... That's basically it, I think. I'm pretty sure that's about right. Somebody correct me if I got any of this wrong.
neontasterJan 25, 2013 3:33 PM
Jan 25, 2013 3:47 PM

Oct 2011
Well, this episode explains all of the confusion now!! Wonder of there's anything left,
Signature
Jan 25, 2013 4:08 PM

Nov 2011
neontaster said:

Then something weird happens and Sasami loses the power of Amaterasu, which moves to her brother (or so she thinks). What actually happened was that Sasami wished for her brother to be happy, and the way this happened was be heeding HIS wish that Sasami live a normal life, thus leading to her powers being limited and her believing that her brother actually has those powers.

That's more or less it... When they last escaped the temple, Kamiomi offered to assume her burdens, which, in this case, happened to be godly powers. All the while, Sasami (subconsciously) was only wishing happiness for her brother, so the gods began favoring him, making it seem as though he'd actually taken over (like he offered to, in so many words).

Sasami's belief that Kamiomi had become the new god then inhibited the willful control of her abilities, which had never actually gone anywhere.

Really, I'm trying to think of any bit of craziness that the show hasn't explained in detail already, but I'm at a loss. Barring some twist or deception in later episodes, everything ought to be clear now.
Jan 25, 2013 4:08 PM

Jul 2010
This episode was a lot better than the previous one, a lot explanations and I'm really surprised that Sasami-san has such a dark and actually rather creppy background story, she was used as "vessel" + drugged all the time and her brother was kind of taught to be her slave and they were supposed to get children after a while. O.O"

About the plot;
It sure surprised me when Sasami-san realised she never actually lost her powers, and that instead she simply made the gods around her fulfill her brothers wishes, leading her to believe she lost her own powers. It's deeper than I intially thought and I wonder if we'll get more information on her time in the clan, it seems rather interesting, a little twisted but interesting nontheless.

I'm also very curious what'll happen in the next episode, even though the overall story seems a little random and without a real plot I enjoy this anime a lot. I have no idea in which direction the anime will be heading now the major secet about Sasami's powers + her inabillity to leave the house are gone.
Surprise me Shaft :)
Animefanx3Jan 25, 2013 4:13 PM
Jan 25, 2013 4:11 PM

Nov 2011
Blue_Monday said:
That's more or less it... When they last escaped the temple, Kamiomi offered to assume her burdens, which, in this case, happened to be godly powers. All the while, Sasami (subconsciously) was only wishing happiness for her brother, so the gods began favoring him, making it seem as though he'd actually taken over (like he offered to, in so many words).

Sasami's belief that Kamiomi had become the new god then inhibited the willful control of her abilities, which had never actually gone anywhere.

Really, I'm trying to think of any bit of craziness that the show hasn't explained in detail already, but I'm at a loss. Barring some twist or deception in later episodes, everything ought to be clear now.

Yeah that's it. And I was actually surprised by how much the weirdness was explained. I never imagined that the fact he was serving on her hand and foot and being "ecchi" around her would actually have a serious reason behind it. That's the sort of thing I was talking about when I said the previews for this show gave me troll vibes. And I'm saying that as a compliment.
Jan 25, 2013 5:45 PM

Feb 2012
Well this ep explained A LOT. Now it's not so confusing lol.

The rest is just shaft being shaft.

I wasn't too excited about this show after the first 2 eps, but that could change now after this ep. Curious what path the show will take from here on out.
Jan 25, 2013 5:57 PM

Feb 2012
Oosran said:
As usual, I'm befuddled as to just what the duck I'm watching.
Oh well, it's kind of fun watching something completely devoid of sense every once in a while.
Jan 25, 2013 6:36 PM

Aug 2012
Intereo said:
Those FLCL feels...

haha this..its trippy levels are approaching that of FLCL, which is probably why I'm enjoying it
Jan 25, 2013 6:37 PM

Oct 2010
OK so this what I understood. Sasami is a Goddess like Haruhi more or less in power level. She has Tsurugi whom is a Goddess herself that serves her as a protection obviously. Tsurugi created from her parts much like Zeus did Athena. One being a cursed part of her that of war/machinery most likely taken and developed implied the advent of weapons and wars from this most likely.

While the other one is more childish in version but has a great deal of strength. Meaning Tama herself. Both are parts of Tsurugi that are quite mutatively displayed in nice forms of her sisters.

Now that is a WTF MISH MASH of Gods and ruler-ship of land along with possession of people to have fun with them. Among them the inbreeding whom I remember in the bible referring to Nephilim hence why I never endorse any of it as to me it leads to unwanted mutative results as some stories were told in the Gods fables of what made Humans x Gods offspring. Whom some were positive. Those are ideal IMO. Same with this series for many parts.

Now that being said Sasami’s past was that of a maiden to be inbreed with a element that once she bears a child it will be a powerful incarnation of God. The medicine is merely something to relax and forget while the operation as weird as a ritual it may is done. The only problem I have of this is that they kill the breeding girl after. Whom I find disgusting.

About the references, there were many and I caught some with my brain. Here they are: Hare and Inaba:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hare_of_Inaba
Is indeed a real fable that concerns Sasami for who she is.

Matrix @ 4:05 was presented in the form of the screen from Sasami’s computer.

Roxio Media Burning icon at 4:07 was present on Sasami’s computer. The icon looks almost the same as the of the program IRL. Hence a reference to burning software.

Ninigi no Mikoto:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninigi_no_Mikoto
Actually was in the fables as the son of Ame no Oshihomimi no Mikoto. Interesting read for a religious reference.

A sarcoma:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcoma
When Sasami was referring to that it came surprising but made sense it was like a Cancer that extra hand.

Helicopter reference is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ah64_apache
Model used possible to be UK version. Indeed once checked what it’s equipment is.

Red bull energy is obviously there.

So that’s pretty much it and as you can see quite a good amount of religious references.

About the beginning, apart from the fable I found Sasami adorable as a rabbit whom I have many pics taken.

The shark being the brother is fine but pitiful when you get killed. Graceful when you see a Sasami God incarnation being nicely rendered in a nice art style.

About Sasami, for a while it was about her but I have loads of points that were cool to discuss around freely. First of all when Sasami was extending her feet, right away I was thinking,
http://myanimelist.net/character/33221/Sora_Kasugano
The very same scene where extended her legs like that. Strangely enough. Also from the way she tapped her foot on the ground.

Sasami’s face continue to be impressive and as usual her bath revealing as much as it does. However comes back to how amazing Sasami’s facial are.

It was quite hilarious how the brother was going on to expose himself naked and did quite the chest expose touche! Yeah pretty much.

About Sasami’s hand growing out, well I find it was pretty gross. My theory is that it’s baby/power that was never born and the God element she got. Just she never gave birth to any kid so it can enter it to be born again. Basically Sasami was a perfect Vessel DNA wise for that Supreme God. Since she is, she can choose to keep it inside and manifest herself through her blood stream and kinetically his powers. It makes quite sense when you think of it like that.

About the service, it was quite fine for what it showed. I mean so good old Sasami ass, Sasami DFC and BEST OF ALL DFC fondling by the brother, now there is something that was amiss in the service area. Well this episode fulfilled and yeah I GIFFED it easily.

About the cursing of the hand and the outside. I am thinking this part was done pretty well. For one the cursing really intrigued because it showed Sasami has quite a arsenal of religious goods that are rather quite advanced and very mystical.

For 2 the struggle outside was quite well shown. The colours were shown as to see the suffering the surroundings do on Sasami whom her own suffering is well shown through her expressions and sweat. It was quite fortunate of Tsurugi to come forth in helping Sasami.

About the shrine battle and monster. At first the monster itself was making me think:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/10490/Blood-C
Does it not look like those white things at the end of the series? Looks rather familiar IMO.

However what really takes the cake is the 3 sisters and their fight. First of Tsurugi herself was BOMB with her get in at the gate. Then Tama was terrific with her Energy drain and feeding while doing some damn weird dance. Then CREAMS OF CREAMS! KAGAMI BABY! OK Laser beams! Massive missiles. Massive missile dodging! TONS of action with her. Kagami was amazing. Kagami =
http://myanimelist.net/character/249/Yuki_Nagato
Plain and simple except less calm and more fun TBH. Only thing I HATED was the little rush around the action. Could have been more detailed and longer a little. It was fun, why the F would ruin it and not make it longer? The ways it ends up as.

About thee end, so I was quite WTF when the brother never turned out in the shrine but was ousted by the Head. However do know the servant and his 2 parts did know it was Sasami’s wish no matter what to get rid of that place. In her stories she expresses it quite well that she feels disgusted by that life and wanted out. Hence the history and erasure of the shrine was done. Perhaps at new it will be rebuild but never the same it would be as Sasami told in her story.

About Sasami’s curse, I was so wrong. It was that damn stupid ass statue and IS STILL KEPT….WTF? I would get rid of it right away! So it was that whom is cursed and the Evil God in it that was gave out weakness afflictions and illusions of rather realistic proportions to Sasami so that her powers may perhaps be contained? Hmm that makes sense if it’s a supreme power indeed. Remains to see who was the Evil God.

So I can safely put the following,

SASAMI IS BACK IN SCHOOL BABY! More happenings! Yuri stuff I hear? More different setups and events to really turn out full blast. With the hole crowd diversion of the school. There is bound to be full of adventure with Sasami. She looks really good in them school outfit.

About the ED, has its interesting share in showing Sasami in the snow and it shows quite well Sasami being into life such as studying. Going out to eat and crossing all sorts of town elements. What really intrigues is a fresh aspect of the sister, also getting ready for winter. Which makes sense considering the time of the year now.

On that point Sasami continues to intrigue! That’s all!

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 25, 2013 7:20 PM

Mar 2012
maxie said:

I fucking love headtilts. I love Tsurugi. Tsurugi headtilts? Excellent.

I was waiting for those ever since I started this anime.
TravSavageJan 26, 2013 1:17 AM
Jan 25, 2013 8:54 PM

Oct 2011
Well, now that everything makes quite a bit more sense, I'm actually looking forward to next week's episode.

Is this a direct adaption or did Shaft speed some of the plot up to keep viewer interest? Episode 2 seems completely unnecessary now.
Jan 25, 2013 11:36 PM

Aug 2011
The background art is probably one of the most stunning I've seen in anime.
Jan 26, 2013 12:03 AM

Jul 2012
What a surprisingly coherent storyline. Although maybe it just seems that way to me since I went into this with zero expectations.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Jan 26, 2013 12:12 AM

May 2011
Intereo said:
Those FLCL feels...

Nowhere near as great as FLCL, imo.
Jan 26, 2013 1:46 AM

Jan 2009
action was cool, lets see if how it goes from here now that the plot has been revealed
Jan 26, 2013 2:11 AM

Sep 2012
ITADAKIMASU!
Jan 26, 2013 2:24 AM

Jan 2013
Better than episode 2 but it's not yet sufficient to me. I liked the revelations, and Sasami's calling into question. But overall, I find it was kinda boring, even if the fights at the end were good. At least now all is very clear about the characters, and maybe episode 4 can have a great plot. And also, the relationship between Sasami and her broher, make me more and more uncomfortable. Am I the only one?! I mean, he touched her boobs this time even if it was not sexualised!
Jan 26, 2013 2:29 AM

Nov 2012
http://i.imgur.com/ABtyHGp.jpg

Sasami bunny stitch
Jan 26, 2013 7:49 AM
Jan 2010
I want to lick robot armpits
Jan 26, 2013 8:21 AM

Sep 2012
Oh, so Tsurugi is Amaterasu.
Oh. Oh !
Jan 26, 2013 9:04 AM

Jun 2009
well... everything is explained now..

Will have to see if it gets better from this point on. So far, outside of action sequence, it's been pretty average.

The dialogs didn't entertain me too much... Which is very unusual considering my past experience with Shinbou and SHAFT's work.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2013 10:42 AM

Jan 2011
What is this I don't even...
But seriously, that fits this series perfectly.
Somehow it's entertaining to watch, and I get the "story", kind of.
I'm looking forward to more of this though, the sheer unique-factor is enough to make me watch this.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 26, 2013 11:11 AM

May 2012
well a weird episode....
aww tama is so cute >.<

"This is a shrine after all."
Jan 26, 2013 11:12 AM

Feb 2010
MasterMeNL said:
What is this I don't even...
But seriously, that fits this series perfectly.
Somehow it's entertaining to watch, and I get the "story", kind of.
I'm looking forward to more of this though, the sheer unique-factor is enough to make me watch this.

...everything you said.
Jan 26, 2013 12:41 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm surprised they bothered to explain whats going on. I wonder what they're going to do now with the story.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 26, 2013 1:10 PM

Apr 2010
This anime gets weirder every week and remains very interesting despite that the story is also pretty clear with all the explanations.
I wonder if we will get to see more of Sasami's family especially know there temple is in ruins.
Jan 26, 2013 7:00 PM

Jul 2008
Awesome episode
Jan 26, 2013 7:38 PM

Jul 2012
I certainly like this episode. It's good that they explained a lot of the story.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jan 27, 2013 8:14 AM
Jan 2013
I wonder if we'll be seeing some panty shots soon.
Jan 27, 2013 8:27 AM

Oct 2012
Well all my questions from the past few episodes has been answered. Now what?
I'm curious to see what will happen next, not sure where else they can go. I guess it'll be interesting to see what happens when Sasami goes to schoo. Glad she can go outside again. c:
Jan 27, 2013 12:32 PM

Jul 2012
Still it doesn't make a lot of sence but i like the art so i'll keep watching.
Jan 27, 2013 5:47 PM
Jul 2018
MellowJello said:
Now that the entire plot's been seemingly unveiled, this show is..

Will see if it gets better anyway.

Yeah Agreed, Well Im sure it will get better later on anyways but still Hmmm... LOL
Jan 27, 2013 6:38 PM

Oct 2010
I like Sasami-san and her brother, but not so much the three sisters. :l
Jan 27, 2013 9:58 PM
Jul 2012
nil- said:
Pretty decent story. The backstory and development finally being introduced is a huge plus in its own right. However, it did feel a bit rushed given how the problems and conclusions were all done so quickly in one episode. I feel like they should have taken out E02 altogether (which was utter crap and contributed nothing to the series), and elaborated on all the fine details of this episode.

The drama was decent but nothing inherently interesting coming from how forced the whole thing feels. The sister trio introduction was done decently as well, but it still felt far more contrived than it should have been. E.g., so Kagami just happens to be an experimented upon human and our big moe Tama is also just a part of Tsurugi? SHAFT, you could at least put some effort into the supporting cast.. On a plus, the animation continues to be amazing, and with the crazy (albeit kind of useless) shrine battle, the visuals were an absolute delight to watch.

But that aside, I'm giving this episode a (6/10) for its decent characterization and overall good but flawed drama.

I don't think this is supposed to be a drama. I see romance, comedy, and supernatural in the genres, and although there's not really a romance going on, the comedy and supernatural are there 1000%
Jan 28, 2013 6:50 AM

May 2010
This has awesome animation though that incest part...
Jan 28, 2013 5:36 PM

Feb 2012
Nice episode. Everything's finally been revealed.

So... I wonder what Shaft still has in store for us~
Jan 28, 2013 7:06 PM

Jul 2009
...um ok LOL
Jan 29, 2013 10:32 AM

Sep 2007
Now that everything has been explained, I can hopefully watch the next episode without a deep furrow on my forehead ... and finally decide whether this series is as crap as I think it is so far ...

Jan 29, 2013 2:07 PM

Jan 2012
What in the flying f*ck did we watch? Homura and Kyoko singing ed theme this time, Jiraiya's voice doesn't suit the brother's voice at all.
Jan 30, 2013 1:35 PM

Jun 2010
I'm curious on how will it go from now on...
Feb 6, 2013 6:39 PM

Feb 2012
Not sure what to expect from now on.
Feb 6, 2013 7:24 PM
Feb 2013
I can't understand how people can dislike watching this so much, I know it's not the perfect show that has everything, but I think it's at least something interesting. Right now I'm furiously in love with this (but I'm obsessive).
Feb 6, 2013 7:25 PM

Nov 2010
have the feeling this show is going to get the usual "shaft-treatment" again...

most people drop it because their head is so far up their ass to even TRY and follow the show...

and most made themselves known after the first episode... i'm not giving points or voice an opinion untill the show has finished. i do however have some ideas of what might be happening. will see in the next 9 episodes.

oh and is it me or do the eps feel short? or is it me just wanting MORE!!!??
Mar 3, 2013 10:32 AM

Jun 2008
Blue_Monday said:
DoctorDoom said:
I guess I'm the only one loving the show in all its infinite weirdness.

Absolutely not. I adore this show so far.

Although "weird" =/= "hard to follow" or "senseless."

Actually now the show completely lost that angle because everything was explain in a sensible kind of way.
Don't know if i should feel pleased about the fact that everything has an explanation or feel disappointed that the sense of craziness is gone so easily.
i guess i would like the weirdness to be explained but maybe it was too soon.
Mar 24, 2013 5:49 PM

Jan 2010
MellowJello said:
Now that the entire plot's been seemingly unveiled, this show is..

Will see if it gets better anyway.

lmao your silly

Ok anyway, I'm guessing previous episodes were a sort of prologue and the real show starts in the next episode.
It seems the show makes more and more sense with each episode.
Episode 2 is still my favorite episode so far.
Apr 12, 2013 2:47 PM

Oct 2012
Wow, this show is great! And those stunning visuals! Now we finally now at least bit of what's going on! I like it! I like it so much! And also - FLCL reference, I laughed hard ^__^
Apr 17, 2013 4:29 AM

Jun 2010
Aha! We get an explanation here! But even explanation was boring to me.

Sasami has goddess powers, Tsurugi is a goddess, she created her sisters with a goddess powers too... All this goddess stuff makes me tired...

As for me, I'd rather prefer watching anime without this stupid explanation, but simply enjoying some random jokes (or even random battles) and trying to guess why all these girls are interested in Sasami-san.
Jun 3, 2013 11:54 AM

May 2012
Quite a funny episode again, pretty random action and damn I loved that ending :3
Jun 8, 2013 11:04 AM

Jul 2009
It got a bit better, the first ep was kinda bad. Let's see what will happen...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sasami-san@Ganbaranai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

381 by Infrasoul »»
Jan 24, 8:13 PM

Poll: » Sasami-san@Ganbaranai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

140 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:14 PM

Poll: » Sasami-san@Ganbaranai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

68 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 9, 2023 11:31 PM

Poll: » Sasami-san@Ganbaranai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

symbv - Mar 14, 2013

79 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 8, 2023 10:41 PM

Poll: » Sasami-san@Ganbaranai Episode 9 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 7, 2013

49 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 5, 2023 1:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.