Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 5, 2013 8:37 PM

Mar 2011
I'm not gonna complain about the generic part, because the more anime we see the bigger chance that other anime will look generic. Other than generic, the first ep is great and enjoyable. The animation and art looks great, I hope the quality will not drop after 3 or 4 eps, just what usually happen with other A-1 Pictures's anime last year
Jan 5, 2013 9:12 PM

Jul 2012
The first episode was fantastic. The music was also very nice. I was afraid for a second that Masuzu was really going to be that clingy female lead with the clueless male lead combo. Nice redemption at the end. Will watch.
Jan 5, 2013 9:14 PM

Jun 2010
Already liking this show. I knew I'd like it. Blackmail.

Jan 5, 2013 9:17 PM

Dec 2010
So what, are all japanese highschool boys masochists who liked to be toyed around with by women? because i've seen this setting way too many times.

no self respecting person would just do nothing like that.

anyway, overall it was generic, but the visuals were nice.
Jan 5, 2013 9:36 PM

Nov 2012
For once I can relate with an anime character!!!!!! Eita you earn my deepest of respect!!!!!!!

I'm an anti-love guy at my high school who finds to grades to be more important as well. People sometimes label as gay sometimes even though I find girls to be attractive.

I just don't have the time to invest in love rather wait till I'm older and have more freedom ^^

For a 1st episode , I enjoy it the most during the 2nd half. 1st half was bland but looking forward with this one ^^
Jan 5, 2013 9:58 PM

Aug 2012
No pantsu! O.O
Jan 5, 2013 10:03 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm, pretty good if you ask me. I actually expected worse, but this is A -1 pictures. They are good with anime like this, and the animation is great. I also love the creativity of the name burning fighting fighter
AnimeHAwk616Jan 5, 2013 10:07 PM
Jan 5, 2013 10:04 PM

Jan 2011
Amazing first episode imo. Animation is great as expected from A-1 Pictures. Eita is an awesome male lead, his voice really suits him too. He reminds me of Sorata from Sakurasou when he rages.
Loving Masuzu's character already and Yukari's voice is too good. Great adaptation so far. Gonna love Sundays again.
Also the OP is so colourful and cheerful lol. Yukari singing the ED, aww yeah!
Jan 5, 2013 10:10 PM

Jan 2011
hmm wasnt to bad. natsukawa's voice is different from what i was expecting from the manga but this anime looks fine. will follow this with discretion lol
this is my god damn signature.
Jan 5, 2013 10:20 PM

Oct 2012
EHH..Not bad so far. Rooting for childhood friend as of now. :3 Judgement may change as story goes on

Jan 5, 2013 10:45 PM

Jan 2011
Let's run down a little checklist for Eita:

1. Beautiful girl raised abroad so not constrained by Japanese cultural inhibitions: check!
2. Get's thrill from going nopan in school, probably an exhibitionist: check!
3. Totally amoral, willing to blackmail you to force you to fall in with her plans: check!
4: Says she's not in love with you, then says she is in love with you, makes plenty of physical contact and teases you: check!

Looks like you are in for one crazy ride....

(Actually she reminds me very much of someone I knew in the not too distant past that almost got me into an awful lot of trouble--but it was also a fun ride while it lasted.)
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jan 5, 2013 10:55 PM

Dec 2012
a lot of people saying this kind of school romance has been used can someone give me similar romance animes with this atomosphere plz ^^ ?
Jan 5, 2013 11:03 PM

Jul 2012
First thoughts after seeing opening="disguised" harem
After finishing episode=This has a bit of potential, although I could very easily see it being wasted. I hope this goes somewhere.
Already feeling bad for Chiwa, I hope she doesnt get left in the dark

Oh great, an ongoing source material. There goes the chances of a conclusive ending.
Well it could happen, but the chances are slim...
QuiGonJonJan 5, 2013 11:09 PM

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Jan 5, 2013 11:28 PM

Jan 2010
I enjoyed this episode! It definitely got better as it progressed and I like Eita's reason for being anti-love, as well as Masuzu for picking him for that. Poor Chiwa, though :(
Jan 5, 2013 11:31 PM

Sep 2011
For a Generic plot, it's not half bad. I enjoyed this episode compared to the other shows of Winter Season so far.

Also dat Death Note Resemblance book.
TyrelJan 5, 2013 11:42 PM
Jan 5, 2013 11:39 PM
Dec 2012
Not really good. Maybe just fair. 4/5. Silver-haired beauties are welcomed any time.
Jan 5, 2013 11:42 PM

Oct 2008
Exceeded expectations.
Then again, the line was set extremely low because I expected another one of those animes with "imouto" in the title...

Male lead isn't terribly likeable, and Chiwa and Masuzu do fall into stereotypes, but none of it actually set off my this "I can't stand this" alarm, and I actually found their interactions pleasantly enjoyable. Masuzu does have a sort of flair to her personality.

If this anime maintains its distance from blatant fanservice, this could be an enjoyable romantic comedy.
Jan 5, 2013 11:52 PM

Apr 2012
well.....that was a pretty solid episode. yes, it's generic but if it's well executed, then it's worth watching

only thing is i hope this show gets less predictable. From what I can see it's pretty much one of those light novel derived rom coms that flood the anime market every season. The main character was appealing at first since he actually had goals(wanted to get into medical school). But then the ending of the episode felt really contrived. Like oh the watchers are supposed to believe he left his embarrassing notebook behind when he shouldn't have brought it with him at the library/bookstore place he worked in the first place.Seriously,everything is like setting up to be really predictable. Oh so the main character is not interested in love. That's actually just temporary. He is going to contradict himself at the end of the show.Hm... can shows be more than just romance because it certainly seems like 70 percent of the shows every season focus solely on romance?

and also, yeah sure masuzu doesn't like eita...why else does she look so happy when she's walking home with him,grabbing his arm, it's hard to believe it's just acting... isn't this all just an excuse just to get close to eita. Furthermore how do rumors of her getting together with other guys become spread around when she doesn't even give other guys the time of day.And going out with eita is going to stop rumors of her? Also wouldn't it make more sense going out with a guy who is on a whole other league than regular guys. Wouldn't that dissuade the other guys from thinking they had a chance with her? She probably has a lot of male friends who are models or something.Damn, why are these animes so gimmicky?
omoikane27Jan 6, 2013 12:02 AM
Jan 6, 2013 12:06 AM

Aug 2010
kennikitty said:
... but in the end, it's either going to be kawaii-girl oder Ms White Mane. Who wants to place bets?

I'm gonna bet the ending will be "the more things change"
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jan 6, 2013 12:07 AM

Sep 2009
The childhood friend girl might be cute if she were around 10 years old.. but.. a high schooler? Annooooying @____@; Anyway, the art style is super cute, so I'll keep watching for now~ Plus.. I can't resist pink-haired girls >w>
Jan 6, 2013 1:19 AM

May 2010
2/5 for this episode. really nothing special or good.
Jan 6, 2013 1:23 AM
Feb 2010
This episode was good until the "notebook" part. Too cliche... Looks something very very similar to another anime, but I can't remember what..
Jan 6, 2013 2:05 AM

Aug 2012
Not bad for a "generic, overly-used cliche elements" anime, as most people refer to. I agree with most people here. The first half is really boring, but it makes up for it in the second half. Even though it gets somewhat boring in the succeeding episodes, I'll still not gonna drop it (Heck, I'm not the type of person who does that). Looking forward to the next episode.

My Youtube page: link
Jan 6, 2013 2:06 AM

Jul 2008
Can't... resist.... generic...anime.
Jan 6, 2013 2:13 AM

Apr 2011
Nice episode!

Jan 6, 2013 2:34 AM
Aug 2011
So, exactly how old is the loli?

Loving the art more than anything else right now... wait, MC is awesome too. He Follows the path of a studying-maniac.
Jan 6, 2013 3:01 AM

Nov 2012
Romantic story nothing more hmmm.
From the first episode was very boring ,is needed some kind of comedy or story.
To continue you watching it ,something to keep you entertain or interested in for my it has nothing that sort from episode 1 .

Jan 6, 2013 3:08 AM

Mar 2012
I like this. MC is the type that think "love is hinderance". Looking forward for next episode.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jan 6, 2013 5:54 AM
Dec 2012
First Episode was good and went better than expected from it.
Cant wait to see how the anime unfolds as more episodes are released.

Only downer was that The song at the start and end had no lyrics/subs.(hope it appears soon)
Jan 6, 2013 6:04 AM

Feb 2012
I think i seen an anime/game that has a MC that hates love and says: Love is useless,pointless,etc"...but forgot who it was...XD
The anime is pretty generic but has its charm..and Chiwa is cute :D...
Jan 6, 2013 6:42 AM

Jun 2012
It honestly feels like a mush up of onii chan, tonari, and chuunibyou.

You have the fanservice-like op of onii chan, your "studybug anti love" attitude from tonari, and that "embarrassing long time ago history" along with a devious popular girl who hides her attitude featured in chuunibyou.

Overall not liking how this is going, but I'll stick with it and see how the ride goes.
Jan 6, 2013 6:58 AM

Apr 2010
Can't judge for the light novel but the start of the manga was way better then this!!
Especially the first scene was out of place i have the say that name sounds even more awful then reading it in the manga tho.
Also got some question marks with the voices but as the episode progressed i thought that Masuzu's voice matched her.
It's also a shame that the didn't focus on the fact that Eita declined Masuzu's offer to walk home with her three days in a row.
Maybe my expectation of this anime where a bit to high.

Wordsmith said:
kennikitty said:
... but in the end, it's either going to be kawaii-girl oder Ms White Mane. Who wants to place bets?

I'm gonna bet the ending will be "the more things change"
It's just the start of this anime isn't it a bit to early to start making bets?
Jan 6, 2013 8:13 AM
Oct 2007
A harem version of Chuunibyou, and the main female is blackmailing the main guy with a death note
Jan 6, 2013 8:41 AM

Sep 2012
did anyone else see the death note reference through the book? well the look of it

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2013 8:46 AM

Jan 2010
Orsonius said:
First good show this season yay!
I'll agree with this. It looks good and the characters are fun.
Jan 6, 2013 9:05 AM
May 2012
At first it felt like tonari because of Kitou-> Shizuku and Masuzu -> Haru. But they were both anti-love. I don't know what's up with Masuzu but i'll keep watching this.
Jan 6, 2013 9:49 AM
Jan 2010
I don't know about this show
generic as pants
Jan 6, 2013 10:34 AM

Oct 2011
Well, I found it quite fun, whether it becomes more interesting or not is still hard to say.
Signature
Jan 6, 2013 10:35 AM

Sep 2010
Hmmm..... Male MC is not a wimpy love struck character as seen on most of harem romcoms..... And girls are not all over the MC..... Pretty interesting..... Let's see how it will turn....

3/5
Jan 6, 2013 11:04 AM
Dec 2012
i like it so far. Eita doesn't seem like a blank slate, so that's a plus.
Jan 6, 2013 11:19 AM
Dec 2012
Finally a likable harem MC but wicked annoying love interests >.> Not sure if im gonna watch this, next 2 eps will be the make or break
Jan 6, 2013 11:30 AM

Jul 2012
Seems it will be fun
Jan 6, 2013 12:29 PM

Mar 2010
I don't expect this to be great but i enjoyed this episode, it's alwasy nice to have a romcom in the watchlist...
Currently watching everything that comes out to avoid missing something good...

Jan 6, 2013 1:10 PM

Nov 2010
Hmm... Surprisingly this was quite better than I thought it would be. I thought it was going to be a complete waste of time but it managed to entertain me. Nice. Will watch till the end.
Jan 6, 2013 2:33 PM

Nov 2012
This episode seem kind of boring,I'll probably give the anime like 2 more episodes if I'm not interested by then I'ma drop this.Although that might just be because in comparison to the last anime I finished [K],this is really boring.
Jan 6, 2013 2:49 PM

Mar 2011
Hmmm.. a bit slow. I enjoyed Mayo Chiki which I've heard this compared to, but I think that was a little faster paced in the first ep.

Still, mite B cool so lets give it another couple of eps. I found Btoom really slow at first but loved the last few episodes so let's see.
Jan 6, 2013 3:12 PM

May 2012
Aaand we have another harem on our hands...whooohoo...

No but seriously, whohoo. T__T

xD
Jan 6, 2013 4:55 PM

Jun 2009
Interesting episode. So far I like the setting and the story so far. I hope that this anime stays more RomCom than Harem, but looking at this show poster, I´m having worries.

I also hope that this anime doesn´t turns out to be too general. Not too many cliché´s etc and a original story. Aah well we´ll see. So far I´m liking it.
Jan 6, 2013 5:08 PM

Feb 2012
Interesting ep. Masuzu is pretty cute, and I love how they dramatized her taking out the notebook like Death Note lol.

I like the premise of the show, but I think it's obvious that eventually Masuzu will fall in love with Eita and Chiwa will fight over it. Eita will likely break his code and fall in love as well.

Still, I look forward to seeing how it leads to it.
Jan 6, 2013 5:46 PM

Oct 2010
Catchy songs, interesting and good choices of art/animation, enjoyable characters surpringly even the "npcs" reactions were nicely handled(many different reactions). xD
"Boredom is like poison."

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

471 by Apratim »»
Apr 7, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2013

171 by Apratim »»
Apr 3, 10:24 AM

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2013

159 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 28, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2013

168 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

150 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 6:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.