Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 15, 2012 6:27 PM

Jan 2008
Only thing I've been enjoying from this anime so far is the eyes of the female character. They resemble Yuuki Hagure's design.
Jul 16, 2012 6:17 AM

Mar 2012
Woah this is interesting.. I'll keep watching these beautiful girls.. haha :D
Jul 18, 2012 10:50 AM

Sep 2010
Yosh, this show seems worth watching...
Jul 19, 2012 5:58 AM

Jul 2012
The main character kinda confuses me. At first he acts like an idiot, then he does something smart, then he does something smart that you wouldn't normally do if you were in that situation, and then he goes back to a perverted idiot. Then again it has harem written behind it in a way so I can't expect all that much.

There was quite a few lacks of important realism in this first episode. Not to mention the characters don't seem to be all that new or unique in any way. The animation was pretty top-notch and you can't deny that all the girls were really stunning. This show could turn into something pretty cool if it adds more to the characters and story.
Jul 19, 2012 9:43 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
noyoureinsane said:
The main character kinda confuses me. At first he acts like an idiot, then he does something smart, then he does something smart that you wouldn't normally do if you were in that situation, and then he goes back to a perverted idiot. Then again it has harem written behind it in a way so I can't expect all that much.

(shrug) The main character is a male teen from the modern world who sudden finds himself in feudal Japan, for all practical purposes an foreign world to him in terms of social norms and expectations. At first he thinks it is a dream even. Then he realizes it is not and he also realizes he is VERY familiar with the history of the period and could take advantage of it. There is a period of adjustment as he gets used to being in this new environment. 17 year old guys spend 90% of their time, awake or asleep, thinking about girls, so that in and of itself doesn't bother me. He does voice out about it a little more than he should and I would be happier if he controlled his outburst, but he is not what I consider out of hand as a character compared to most anime male leads - for instance, he has yet to accidentally grab somebody's boobs or have one of the girls sit on his face and he get a nose bleed or something.

noyoureinsane said:
There was quite a few lacks of important realism in this first episode.

It is VERY VERY hard to find ANY show, animated or live action, that is 100% realistic or accurate. What in particular bothered you? I noticed several small things, but nothing jumped out at me. If your concern is historical accuracy, to me the assumption is that this is an alternate history that is similar to, but not quite like, our our history.
Jul 30, 2012 4:28 PM

Aug 2010
Not my cup of tea.
Aug 3, 2012 9:41 PM

Jun 2012
Hmm, looks quite nice for a harem-like anime. Male lead doesn't look like a total idiot and has some worth in the plot. Comedy it's self wasn't bad and the art is fantastic (IMO).

Overall, looking forward to how this will turn out!
Aug 4, 2012 7:13 AM

Apr 2011
CrimsonLight said:
TMultimate said:
<--wants a loli ninja. =3
Aug 6, 2012 1:10 AM

Jun 2012
Good episode, although I can't quite understand the protagonist. I felt like when things got serious, it didn't fit the mood of the rest of the episode, which was fun and stuff. They also jumped straight into things, which felt like a lot of information and characters at once. Still, it wasn't bad. 3.5/5

Aug 8, 2012 2:49 AM

Nov 2008
It's a nice spin on the old harem story, with great animation quality. I'm looking forward to it.
Aug 8, 2012 5:12 PM

Mar 2012
Seems fun. Usually the main character is the leader of the group but i guess this time he's just an advisor
Aug 28, 2012 9:44 AM
Sep 2009
I'm game for more FemEd.
Sep 5, 2012 6:06 PM

Aug 2011
Wow, I'm usually not a fan of shows in the sengoku era and as a result I was debating whether to watch this show or not. I was so hellbent with comparing it to Sengoku Collection but I'm glad I took the plunge.

I enjoyed this episode very much and found the future-boy twist unexpected and entertaining. Nice characters too (I especially took a liking to the spear-loli myself).

From my first viewing, I love the OP very much, the ED was average. Overall, I'm looking forward to watching more.
Sep 18, 2012 7:47 AM

Feb 2010
Damn, Goemon! You're so kawaii.~
Sep 18, 2012 3:04 PM
Jul 2011
Rhypo-oniichan said:

My thoughts exactly! :D
Sep 24, 2012 7:02 PM

Jan 2012
Nothing against blondes but of all people Nobunaga (Nobuna) had to be blonde :/ It just doesn't fit. Also it didn't explain how the guy ended up in Sengoku period. And it's not very bright to go around saying you're from the future... it's just kinda dangerous if anyone know what I mean
Sep 28, 2012 1:04 AM

Sep 2011
Amazing first episode... loving the characters already. Nobuna is such a beauty, I think I'm in love. Like seriously.

A few other things,
- amazing opening theme
- amazing ending theme

Looking forward to the next episode! :D
Oct 14, 2012 5:32 PM

Jun 2012
Shiftah said:
Rhypo-oniichan said:

My thoughts exactly! :D

Same here

I WANT MOAR OF HER
Nov 19, 2012 5:36 PM

Sep 2011
Really really impressed, I mean this whole thing is ridiculous, but is so far very entertaining. Usually Anime like this tends to make me cringe everytime the MC does anything, but not this one!
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Dec 4, 2012 2:17 PM

Apr 2012
Not really sure what I think of this show yet. The characters don't seem like much yet, and I'm not sure I like "Monkey" at all. It does seem to hold some entertainment value though, so for now I'll keep on watching.
Feb 16, 2013 11:12 PM

May 2010
Am I the only one who felt this was kind of rushed? I mean what on earth just happened? I am so lost that i can't find the words to describe how empty i feel lol
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 15, 2013 11:35 PM

May 2012
Confucius said:
Am I the only one who felt this was kind of rushed? I mean what on earth just happened? I am so lost that i can't find the words to describe how empty i feel lol

+1
I don't know what I just watched or why this kid is in the past in the first place. Also, I don't have a problem with the gender bending but why is Nobunaga blonde? It makes no sense and I can't understand why they went with that over black. I'll give it three more episodes but right now this is looking like one of those rare anime I drop.
gettogaaraMay 16, 2013 12:51 AM
Jul 4, 2013 2:23 AM

Mar 2013
You know wat guys i can really relate to this anime reason because i played too much samurai warriors xD
Jul 5, 2013 8:10 PM

Oct 2009
The quality is so good in this, ignoring everything else!!!
Jul 6, 2013 6:01 PM

Sep 2011
I, for one, actually thought that this was a great first episode. I really liked it.
Sure, the basic setup of girl generals and leaders and whatnot in feudal japan is cheesy as hell, but it was still very enjoyable. I'm interested in seeing how Monkey will influence the coming events with his knowledge of history.
I know this is probably going to be a harem anime, but I think I'm still going to enjoy this a lot :)

I already like Nobuna a lot. Especially since she is voiced by Itou Kanae, one of my favorite seiyuu, who also voices my favorite female character (Ohana from HanaIro) :) So her voice is a huge bonus to Nobuna's already interesting personality.

The art and the character designs are great so far.

The OP and ED are decent. We'll see if it sticks to my mind or not.
Jul 13, 2013 2:58 PM

Oct 2009
wait a recent sengoku era sam. girls show that sounds like it doesnt fail after the 1st or 2nd eps. might hafta add to queue.

i liked ikki tousen S1, i kinda sam. girls S1, i tried sengoku otome left me disappointed DNF.
Sep 22, 2013 1:15 AM

Jul 2007
NavyCherub said:
prismheart said:
I still can't keep all the characters straight even though this is just another one like Sengoku Collection and the like.

Same. You'd figure after watching a decent handful of these Sengoku genderbending shows I could remember some names at least, but nope.

It helps A LOT to play Samurai Warriors first. You'll be playing those iconic characters instead of just watching them, so it's a lot easier to be familiar with them and their habitual traits.
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Oct 28, 2013 7:06 AM

Jan 2013
Wow so umm Sengoku Basara was not the best anime I watched.. but lol this anime will confuse it soo much :D.
So far so good :).
Jan 22, 2014 8:53 AM

Oct 2012
Great first episode, the Op is really amazing. New App : portable army ^^
Splendid looking character, he got presented a loli to marry ( lol) and got captured by a super cute loli-ninja never knew this would be amazing ^^. Nobuna in kimono look so good. Yoshiharu one thing telling the future isn't always a good thing but as you have a loli-ninja backing you from the shadow why don't you got ahead ?! So good episode this show look promising enough.
Feb 27, 2014 11:16 AM

Jun 2010
Why, Japan?
Jul 10, 2014 5:00 AM

Aug 2013
Re-watching because why not? :p As a fan of Nobunaga's Ambition and Sengoku Musou games, this setup is really hilarious XD
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 1, 2014 9:35 AM

May 2012
Pretty decent concept of having someone from the present go back in time, pretty interesting characters as well and I do wonder what the story will offer us!
Jan 5, 2015 3:24 AM

Dec 2014
Watching since the English dub is finally out ... This is really different from the light novel ... But still a great show ...
There’s no hope on the battlefield.
It has nothing but unspeakable despair.
Just a crime we call victory, paid for by the pain of the defeated.
Yet humanity has never recognized this truth.
And the reason for that is, in every era,
a dazzling hero has blinded people with their legends and prevented them from seeing the evil of bloodshed.
The true nature of humanity has not advanced a step beyond the Stone Age!
Apr 2, 2015 7:43 PM
Oct 2011
Also for those waitng for an explanation as to how he got here the Light Novels have yet to reveal one but I hope it will be good when it comes.
Jul 5, 2015 3:01 AM

Jan 2010
I got done with Nobunaga Concerto and started this. WTF is this shit? It is one thing to bend the genders, but why must these epic characters become hoes and moes? Dropping this POS anime.
Jul 28, 2015 11:09 PM

Dec 2014
When that loli ninja talk, i just burst out laughing. XD

Quite good 1st episode, imo.
Oct 20, 2015 7:49 AM
Dec 2009
I think I would enjoy this if it taught history a bit more.

Also I wonder what all these historic figures would think if they found out they were girls now. And imagine it done with other countries... like if this was the USA then George Washington would be Georgina Washington... ridiculous.

Dsrtstorm said:
Unless I missed something...how did he time travel back 450 years?

Yeah, they just kind of threw us into this with no explanation or set up whatsoever.
Jan 3, 2016 12:56 PM

Jan 2012
this remember me of Nobunaga Concerto but hero was male

Jan 25, 2016 7:40 AM
Jul 2018
It's rushed, a lot of characters are introduced at the same time, and the concept of the harem in this anime is dated at the time of this post, but I found this very entertaining. Maybe I'm a bit more lenient with all this but then again, I've watched my fair share of harem anime.

But the animation, art, and music are definitely on point. I haven't seen art that caught my attention like this in a long time. I also like the idea that the MC knows what will happen in the civil war era, so that makes him a somewhat important part of the show, depending on where this show goes.

For me, the pros outweigh the cons.
Feb 18, 2016 5:30 AM

Jul 2008
Okay he just randomly time traveled how?
Jun 19, 2016 6:02 AM

Jun 2016
Too many characters in one ep. I can't remember who is who :/
Sep 1, 2016 8:56 AM

Oct 2012
So it's Sengoku Era but with pretty girls and one time traveler
Okay.. Okay I'm interested xD

Oh yeah, in case Saru didn't understand.. He'll marry Nene, sooner or later, well history said so xD
"Signature removed"
Oct 7, 2016 1:06 PM

Sep 2013
With my limited knowledge of Japan's history, the characters and situations depicted in this anime are a bit hard to follow. I enjoyed the first episode though.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Apr 25, 2017 2:18 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Feels refreshing waatching something like this, I m expecting alot of fanserivice and cool ninja stuff~~
May 18, 2017 4:43 AM

Oct 2012
Damn. MC being stupid.

I'd have accepted the innkeeper's offer right away.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Oct 23, 2017 4:40 PM
May 2017
I'm not going to be able to keep track of all the lolis.
Sep 6, 2018 1:13 AM

Sep 2011
So, I wonder if they'll explain why he's there. It's an enterntaining series at least.

Oct 24, 2018 2:13 PM

Jun 2017
So rewatching this after seeing this on my completed list. Watched this when I was like 12 so I dont really remember anything about this and it seems I had watched this anime with my dick at the time based on the horrible first episode. Gave this 8 BTW.

Felt rushed and introduced way too many characters at once without really establishing them. MC almost feels the generic anime protagonist. Typical light novel adaptation.

The premise is stupid: Harem romcom with historical figures turned into hot girls and lolis. Not that I have problem with it ( ͡° ل͜ ͡°) . I might pick up the novel after finishing or dropping this anime

Also found myself laughing when Katsuie Shibatas boobs were jiggling INSIDE THE BREASTPLATE. Gotta love anime physics.
NEOOct 24, 2018 2:29 PM
May 22, 2020 6:47 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Average first episode but the settings made me laugh, Oda Nobunaga is now a blond young girl xD same for the others characters
Mar 8, 2021 1:46 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
So our dudes already got a stacked harem, and a lot of lolis, the twist is that they’re historical characters- but still indeed very tsundere. Thankfully our mc is pretty chad, possibly thot slayer and not afraid of speaking his mind. He’s gonna get beat up a lot down the road isn’t he. Pretty fast paced anime, things moved along swiftly with no time to linger, and animation is pretty damn solid. Think I saw just a short clip on Instagram that caught my attention and then looked down to check for the sauce and added it to the plan to watch. This may very well be a hidden gem of an anime, nothing to special or spectacular but I’m guessing I’m in for what’s simply a good time, fingers crossed.

Edit: post above from early 2020, post above that from 2018, and at the top of this PAGE are several from 2013. Not too popular of an anime is it? Understandable, definitely not a title I hear being thrown around.
BetaMaleUltraMar 8, 2021 1:49 AM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2012

118 by BensonOtaku »»
Apr 10, 2:59 AM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2012

283 by Rurihime »»
Mar 5, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2012

119 by Apratim »»
Jun 17, 2023 1:08 PM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2012

126 by Roch2001 »»
Apr 10, 2023 10:00 AM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2012

85 by Nagachi-Chan »»
Feb 26, 2023 3:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.