Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2012 8:33 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Unfortunately, they have managed to rape manga wholesale. They turned a silent manga into some Disney anime on low budget with speaking animals. It is quite painful to watch well drawn manga turn into budget CG with dialogue replacing interesting , yet short manga chapters. Also, full length (20'') eps.

Well, kids up to age of 7 should enjoy it though. Older audience should look elsewhere (e.g. Chi's).

Shame on them, instadropped.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Apr 3, 2012 12:47 PM
Aug 2011
I haven't seen the manga, but I found the anime very interesting
Apr 3, 2012 8:09 PM

Mar 2009
I assumed it wouldn't have words, so I assumed I didn't need to wait for a translation- it would have been nice if the synopsis said that there was talking, then I would have waited and watched for a sub >_>
So I'm a bit annoyed that it didn't say anything about there being dialogue- I'm sure someone MUST have known that there will be dialogue.
I haven't read the manga either- but from what I could see (And understand) it seemed really cute.
>_> but I won't know for sure till it's subbed- in any case, I happen to like a number of the OLDER Disney movies, so I'm assuming you meant the crap they've been coming out with in the recent years.
Apr 4, 2012 11:15 AM
Aug 2011
the subs aren't needed, the language here is the simplest possible
Apr 4, 2012 1:45 PM

Mar 2009
Unfortunately- while I can understand a small amount of Japanese(A few strings of words here and there without them talking fast), my mother can't understand more than a handful of words and she and I often watch anime together (She likes kids anime *Shrugs*) It's a way or us to spend time together and unwind- I watch things on my own, but that's neither here nor there.
It was still a shock to be hearing words when I didn't expect any >_> so it may be rudimentary Japanese, it would still be nice to have subs. It looks like a really cute anime.
Apr 5, 2012 12:17 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Pixarized.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 6, 2012 11:54 AM

Sep 2011
replaced with gintama and it's not even half good as gintama !
Apr 6, 2012 2:56 PM
Aug 2008
Gave up this piece of crap for Gintama... you got to be kidding me!
Apr 7, 2012 3:25 AM

May 2010
Read the manga before but not quite what I expected.
Too much anime to follow this season, put this into eternal on-hold.
Apr 8, 2012 9:23 PM

Feb 2008
This episode was pretty entertaining. I found it more enjoyable than most of those Disney/Pixar movies. They turned it into this for obvious reason. It'll sell more as a kids show than as seinen. Better have a wider audience.

I doubt that anyone will translate it (maybe one day, but not as ongoing) but it's watchable. Even if some words aren't understandable, it's a kids show. The surely aren't talking about politics and economy. Heck, it was originally intended to be silent (manga version), so watching it without understanding the voices would give that feel haha.

Also, looks like it will follow the manga's "plot" as in, the first chapter was about Gon's encounter with the bear, and the first episode is with the bear. The second chapter was with the lion if I'm not mistaken, and the second episode will be with a saber tooth tiger. Close enough, but I guess it'll try it's best to bring the story from the manga to the kids. Basically, each episode will be Gon's encounter with another species (for those who didn't read the manga).

@windeen-windy
A bit late response, but it was expected to be voiced, as the voice actors were known beforehand. At least on ANN.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 11, 2012 4:52 AM

Sep 2010
I think Gon is ok and lol poor bear. xD

This reminds me of Ice Age one of my favorite CG movies.

4/5
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Apr 11, 2012 9:43 AM
Aug 2010
The manga still had a children's storybook feel to it, but it was done in a really stylish and unique, not to mention wordless way and had amazing artwork. If you hate the anime, please give the manga a shot.
Apr 30, 2012 6:27 AM
Mar 2010
manga was def. better, but I like it
Jul 10, 2012 8:28 AM

Feb 2011
Everyone in the Japanese animal kingdom is a dick.

This really reminds me of Ice Age.

I'm dropping this as it's not suited to my tastes and it's 50 episodes, but I give it a 6/10.

The animation is better than most in the same style and the characters and conflicts are pretty interesting.
Feb 21, 2014 9:53 PM

Jul 2013
wow, this is just terrible.

Stick to the manga which is epic
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2015 10:21 AM

Nov 2013
Artego32rus said:
I haven't seen the manga, but I found the anime very interesting

Trust me, read the manga.
You all need to watch Nami.

Jul 9, 2015 9:20 AM

Apr 2014
whlie this series not spirit to original manga but this one remind me how fun when i watch some cartoon show before go to school.
Aug 5, 2015 2:17 PM

Jul 2009
Happened to stumble upon this one on my stay in Japan. It was very childish compared to the manga. The CG look doesn't help much either, as all CG animated series from the west sucks (Garfield, Inspector Gadget, etc)
Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle!
Dec 1, 2016 4:39 PM

Dec 2015
I feel like I just watched a show who bought the rights for a seinen to recycle the eponymous character and a few pictures (bear/bed) in a looneytunes-like 3DCGI show who lacks the original superb art.
Was it made to surf on the trend of all this post-2000 US comedy animation full of talking animals?

1/5 I won't watch more, it wasn't`made for the same public. The 16bits videogame and the old 3DCGI short looked more like the manga.

Score: - / 10
Apr 19, 7:33 AM

Aug 2017
Reply to Rei_III
I feel like I just watched a show who bought the rights for a seinen to recycle the eponymous character and a few pictures (bear/bed) in a looneytunes-like 3DCGI show who lacks the original superb art.
Was it made to surf on the trend of all this post-2000 US comedy animation full of talking animals?

1/5 I won't watch more, it wasn't`made for the same public. The 16bits videogame and the old 3DCGI short looked more like the manga.

Score: - / 10
Rei_III said:

There's some even older CGI short of Gon?

More topics from this board

» Kumerin the baby bear

Hulk10 - Mar 24, 2019

0 by Hulk10 »»
Mar 24, 2019 3:47 PM

» Gon from tecken ?

Apkopf - Jan 25, 2010

17 by Marloges »»
Jul 31, 2014 8:43 AM

Poll: » Gon Episode 2 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Apr 9, 2012

1 by CloudTsuchiya »»
May 23, 2012 3:59 PM

» To praise the little king

Johann - Apr 26, 2012

3 by Johann »»
Apr 28, 2012 9:53 AM

» air date?

thb - Aug 13, 2011

2 by arsonal »»
Mar 6, 2012 2:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.