Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 25, 2012 7:04 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So ends another show of most amazing light Yuri romance of friendship proportions and most EPIC mecha style and action. I am totally MINDFUCKED of this episode. Mainly by the following spoiler
WTF flower Wormhole? Some form of dimensional transponder warp hole? I am totally O_O at it’s SFX and setup though. The 2 things that really caught me up are:

1. Astelia’s chest in the following,

WTF do you see that symbol! It’s the same that appeared last episode on the onscreen of the Muginami and Lan’s Voxes. Surely can it mean that she is Master Pilot that can control at will all of them or is she the Yukine or part of Yukine’s powers receiver? Very want to know what is up.

2. Oh wow Earth in the following,

It’ now looks like Saturn with a green ring.

I find the scenery in the spoiler
to be totally breathtaking. It’s amazing that scenery and in general many more of them in this episode. Nice swimsuit stuff at the end.

In thee end it really gave out a EVA like feeling of things not being fulfilled, hence S2 will get better.

In overall from 8/10 to a 9/10 along with the BDs have no nipples on top of that so it's a good sign that fights and imperfections may be better in the BDs. The manga does have them but the anime obviously gave out the animation of the Mechas which more than enough should be better in the BDs. That being said Rinne distinguished itself from other animes by being Yuri light toned in a friendship manner with dramas aplenty and Mechas SFX with CGs brain orgasmic for me. As such it exceeded with a storyline that is some mysterious of colonial war and the use of new weapons whether developed by them or found by them suddenly left out and suddenly decided for the finder to use them with not knowing their full effects such as the tablet suggests. IMO that might be it with LeGranite's deal.

Lan will etched into the minds of many not only for her body but also her character and WAN! I can't get enough of that expression. Lan for me was a Pale White Skin girl that I have a fetish of for IRL girls hence it appealed to me.

However FEAR NOT ALL! An OVA is on its way:
(SOURCE) http://0taku.livedoor.biz/archives/4151221.html
Use Google translate if you want for it.
as news to console the many who T_T I RESPECT for in mourning the end of this S1 and awaiting S2. In general the comments were great and I had fun seeing this with my friends here. I tried for GIFs and all but never enough time to do all the ones I want. At least we have club on MAL of this.
Yumekichi11Mar 25, 2012 7:31 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 25, 2012 7:42 AM

Nov 2008
Astelia having that mark, things just got hotter, hopefully she has good intentions with all that power especially if she can control all voxes, I like her one piece swimsuit it makes her quite sexy.

5/5

9.5/10

Mar 25, 2012 7:54 AM

Aug 2010
I would rather have the two seasons combined as one. I'm going to miss this show. A lot of potential for the next seasons with Asteria having that mark and the spirit of Midori meeting Madoka.
Mar 25, 2012 8:08 AM

Nov 2010
This episode has a load of surprises that I laughed hard for real. Not too much, not too little, but just right.

And oh, Astelia... you know, you... Wow. :))

LOOKING FORWARD FOR THE NEXT SEASON!

O(^^)
I play, the haters lose.
Mar 25, 2012 8:16 AM

May 2010
very bland and forgettable anime overall. nothing special. i just LOL at the person who gave it 9/10

not gonna bother watching second half of it.

2/5
4/10
Mar 25, 2012 8:17 AM

Mar 2011
It's a nice ending
So I guess season 2 will focus w/ asteria, dizel and yurikano? I haz no idea but I will wait for it

Mar 25, 2012 8:20 AM

Mar 2011
Kerozinn said:
very bland and forgettable anime overall. nothing special. i just LOL at the person who gave it 9/10

2/5
4/10

I loled at your comment too...so basically our opinions differs on many things

Mar 25, 2012 8:24 AM

May 2010
ricardo241 said:
Kerozinn said:

2/5
4/10

looks like it.
Mar 25, 2012 8:49 AM

Mar 2010
Everyone is going to have different taste.

For me this was pretty entertaining to watch this season. I have't watched a mecha-type anime in............forever. I'll be waiting for the 2nd season.
Mar 25, 2012 9:02 AM
Oct 2010
i thougth it was one of the better series for the season. the end opened up some story for season 2. thought for a moment that they left the battle out completely. was great. reminded me of eva when madoka was talking to that one woman.
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 25, 2012 9:36 AM

May 2010
for me this show isnt even in the top 10 this season.
Mar 25, 2012 9:48 AM

May 2009
Disapointing mid series finale. Anyway for now 7/10.

Also - for a second I really thought that they kill off Googlevideo.
bastek66Mar 25, 2012 9:52 AM
Mar 25, 2012 9:53 AM

Nov 2010
Considering your sig, that is.
I play, the haters lose.
Mar 25, 2012 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
LOL @ confession even if it's fake (movie shoot). Lan probably was pissed.

Also, reverse opening hmm

Anyways, back to the real battle.

Tearful goodbye to Lan.

Also, great to hear the song: "Try Unite!" by Megumi Nakajima again.

Didn't see the cliffhanger as I thought I would predict but still interesting episode and first half of this epic mecha series.

8/10

Stark700Mar 25, 2012 11:04 AM
Mar 25, 2012 10:24 AM

Apr 2010
I have to say this was a beautiful ending really loved how they still managed to contact each other somehow.
And seeing Madoka cry was a bit unexpected.
I wonder if there will be a second season as this ending doesn't seem to be suggesting such tho there where a few things that did need a better explanation.
For instance who was the girl Madoka saw at that green ocean i was thinking that it could be Yurikano it was mentioned that she looked a lot like Madoka.
And that girl at the green ocean did seem like the older version of Madoka with the exemption of her breasts.
Then there was the meeting of Lan and Muginami aren't the ones they are working for enemy's?
And what will happen ones they return to Earth?
Mar 25, 2012 10:29 AM

Oct 2010
Unexpected ending scenario.
I think that unknown girl was madoka.Well i was giving this series a 6 but the last episode made it to 7.
Any one have any idea what they will show on the next season ?
Mar 25, 2012 10:43 AM

Oct 2010
Just saw it i do have to say out of all the recent animes that ending lately this one has the best ending.

I'm going to miss my sexy Madoko

Gets a 7/10 for me.
Mar 25, 2012 10:53 AM

Feb 2008
Kerozinn said:
ricardo241 said:
Kerozinn said:

2/5
4/10

looks like it.

so forgettable you remembered to post about it...
Mar 25, 2012 11:04 AM

Feb 2012
I watched episodes 1-11 in one sitting and I pretty much enjoyed it all the time, but this felt off. I didn't like how they started this episode, I was so confused that I went back to episode 11 to see if I missed something but I didn't. If I didn't know that there was a season 2 to look forward to this would be a-piece-of-shit-ending.
I think it's just me but I wasn't impressed at all by the giant flower and the beach, the visual quality seemed not that high, more average and seriously, Muginami wrote a fucking letter and sent it to Madoka, what the hel.
Oh, and Lan's brother killed how many people just like that, asshole.
Mar 25, 2012 11:13 AM

Mar 2009
6/10

Guess I'll watch the second season.
Mar 25, 2012 11:15 AM

Feb 2008
btw.... earth has a vox adn the other two has a vox. does that bring balance?
Mar 25, 2012 11:28 AM

Oct 2010
Zhou said:
Oh, and Lan's brother killed how many people just like that, asshole.
Yeah big FUCK YOU TO HIM! Little arrogant snot shit! I hate his little snobby ass Tom Cruise shit face. No offence to Tom but his face irks me sometimes as being fake well the same shit applies to the Brother. Totally agree with you that Lan's brother = SOB.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 25, 2012 11:55 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
I'll be impatiently waiting for season two.

"Woof"
Mar 25, 2012 12:15 PM

Jul 2010
The flow for the last episode of S1 felt weird. Sometimes it was confusing what was going on, but it managed to bring things to a close for now. Looking forward to the OVA and S2.
Mar 25, 2012 12:48 PM

May 2011
Ah...it was sad that Madoka is now alone.

Waiting for the next season now...
Mar 25, 2012 1:13 PM

Jun 2011
Lovely ending for the first season. I'm definitely gonna watch the second one once it comes out.
This was a pretty enjoyable episode it lets us know that there's a lot more thats gonna happen in the season to come
Mar 25, 2012 1:54 PM

May 2010
kisami said:
Kerozinn said:
ricardo241 said:
Kerozinn said:

2/5
4/10

looks like it.

thats because i posted rigth away after updating smartass.
are ur feelings hurt now cause i bashed ur anime ? seriously grow up.
Mar 25, 2012 2:28 PM

Sep 2009
Haters, they are always there. Great ending mainly because I was sure it would be more typical. And a lot of Yuri vibes Madoka x Lan. Will be waiting for S2
Mar 25, 2012 2:36 PM

Oct 2011
My thoughts on this series
Mar 25, 2012 2:46 PM

Apr 2009
The first scene was evil, although I knew it's too good to be true :d
This was a good last episode, there's so much to look forward to in the sequel
Mar 25, 2012 2:57 PM

Dec 2007
Kerozinn said:
kisami said:
Kerozinn said:
ricardo241 said:
Kerozinn said:

2/5
4/10

looks like it.

I think everyone's feelings in regards to your opinion, lean overwhelmingly towards, "Meh."
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Mar 25, 2012 3:04 PM

Apr 2008
Hahah, i liked seeing Madoka playing karuta in this episode. Where was Lan, she should have played too! (Lan and Chihaya from Chihayafuru have the same seiyuu, so that should have been pretty cool to see or this was done on purpose)

Really like the storytelling this episode, I was like "where's Muginami?" then it all made sense afterwards. Was that Yurikano that Madoka was talking to?

Good ending, probably the best so far. I had the least expectations for this show, so that's probably why I enjoyed it so much. 7/10
apolloisfineMar 25, 2012 3:14 PM
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Mar 25, 2012 3:06 PM

Jun 2009
The beginning was confusing a bit, for a while there i started to wonder if i missed an episode. Actual explaination about what happened after previous ep was around halfway through episode so, a bit late.
This was probably the best ending for S1 i could imagine though, of course i liked it.
Looking forward to next season and OAV episode very much.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 25, 2012 3:19 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode,just the beginning.

The first scene made me laugh...and horny to bad that it was fake :(

So in the end earth had some changes with that ring on it i most say it looks kinda cool.

Madoka meeting probably(future her,his mom or Midori spirit) that make her senses back,i still wonder what that big flower was for?? to absorb the storm??

Lan brother seems kinda dick he just kill hundreds of person like nothing,i can see him the final boss for next season.

The goodbye between Lan and Madoka was cute beyond the yuri vibes was funny specially the 4 "bye bye".

Asteria seems that it has an interesting past having the mark,what is she also she looked cute in swimsuit.

At the end Madoka back to the helping people and waiting for them to return.

Good anime it was entertained it had action comedy and yuri vibes so it was fun,8/10 cant wait for second season to see how this ends!!
Mar 25, 2012 3:53 PM
Dec 2007
Amazing episode, brilliantly directed with great narration and a very, very good ending for this first season. Overall, the first part of the season was kind of average but it really took off with the Villagiulio/Muginami part and the last 3 or 4 eps were really good. Great fights, characters and animation overall. 8/10 and I'll definitely watch the second season since it was way better than I anticipated.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 25, 2012 4:26 PM

Jan 2011
It was an ok ending, but somehow I'm just not connecting emotionally with any of the characters. I moved this down from an 8 to a 7 because of that (as I have Mouretsu Pirates for much the same reason--and of course the two shows have the same director). There are a lot of strong elements here, but it just isn't coming together for me. I will probably watch the second season, but at this point I much prefer Aquarion Evol (which covers pretty much the same territory).
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 25, 2012 4:32 PM
Mar 2012
Kerozinn said:

U mad that its better than shitty crown in just about, everything?
Mar 25, 2012 4:34 PM
Mar 2012
Well, all dark hints were half correct.

6/10 Pretty Good, at least it was enough to lift my hate for anime after Shitty crown.
Mar 25, 2012 4:53 PM
Oct 2010
Nothing out of the ordinary but good enough to keep me interested. Let's see what the second season brings.

Kerozinn said:
Seriously shut up. One post is enough to state your opinion. No need to spam it.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Mar 25, 2012 5:17 PM

Jan 2011
nice solid ending to a decent first season gonna miss all the gang and all those pretty sky effects!,but Lan's Bro what a dick! i don't care if he has cool looking vox hes still a dick! and i have a feeling hes gonna play a big roll next season which i'm looking forward to just hope it doesn't all happen in the same town again.
Mar 25, 2012 6:08 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Ok ending. More like intermission between the two seasons.

First 10 episodes or so are quite plain and boring though....

Will check out season 2 because things are left unresolved.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 25, 2012 6:20 PM

Dec 2007
Mmm, was hoping Madoka would go berserk mode but oh wells.

7/10 for this season.
Mar 25, 2012 6:38 PM

Nov 2011
9/10

Amazing series for me. I loved every episode.

Gotta say I was like "WTF" throughout the first 5 minutes, it being told in flashback (though with the yuri moment, I was like "Wait wait wait the director took out the yuri! HE TOOK OUT THE YURI! DON'T FALL FOR IT!" I almost did then "cut!"

The giant flower thing was weird. What was that all about...

Also, I'm willing to bet that that girl Madoka saw was Yurikano...

And woah! Moid's random freak-out scared the shit out of me! He was so crazy.

I almost cried a couple times in this episode. One was when Madoka broke down after saying goodbye to Ran, and the other was when the show ended where the show began. So fitting.

Poor Madoka. All alone now.

Funny how the three aliens became butlers (with one maid) at that place.

I can't wait for the next season! To go for the cliche, I hope it's Maru! :D
Mar 25, 2012 6:40 PM

Jan 2010
I'll watch the next season.

Woof Woof...open at your own risk
Ok™
Mar 25, 2012 7:15 PM

Nov 2007
I have to say I enjoyed the second half of the anime a lot. There are a lot of things unanswered, but hey, we have a second season for that! Hopefully.

7/10 from me and if the second season keeps it the way it has been, for the second part of this season, along with answering some of the questions many have, I won't mind coming back and bumping my rating to an 8/10 for this season.

Primarily because the girls in the anime is absolutely kawaii. Not only the three, but all of them in Kamogawa Girl's High. <3
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 25, 2012 7:47 PM

May 2011
Wasn't a huge fan of the flow for this episode, but everything was resolved and set up for S2 in a pretty squishy way. Nothing mindblowing or ridiculous, but definitely a cute show.

Kept hoping that Lan would throw in a "Woof!" farewell at the end, but was disappointed, alas.
Mar 25, 2012 7:50 PM

Dec 2011
Yume you might be on to something. Im thinking Asteria is one that shutdown Midori(Vox Aura). When I watched this, I felt like there was a gigantic hole from last to the beginning of this ep. Im happy they showed the last bit of the fight.

Cant wait for Season 2!!
Mar 25, 2012 7:59 PM

Apr 2011
Nice ending.

Seeing Yurikano talking to madoka and their conversations, could it be that Yurikano is just pretending to be dead and is here on earth? And why is she talking to Madoka? Hmm...there has to be a connection between the two.
MagitoMar 25, 2012 8:08 PM
Mar 25, 2012 8:28 PM

May 2010
danubeschiff said:
Kerozinn said:

U mad that its better than shitty crown in just about, everything?

u better chek the rating i gave shitty crown before saying this ^^

3/10 fyi

lol so funny everyone defending their anime.
Mar 25, 2012 9:07 PM

Mar 2010
Really Muginami?

FUCKING REALLY?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

prismheart - Feb 19, 2012

76 by martiantarhead »»
Oct 6, 2023 3:52 AM

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 18, 2012

61 by TheBigGuy »»
Nov 28, 2020 3:25 PM

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

prismheart - Mar 11, 2012

52 by TheBigGuy »»
Nov 22, 2020 2:01 PM

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 22, 2012

80 by Yuri-Crusader »»
Jun 16, 2020 4:55 PM

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 15, 2012

102 by Yuri-Crusader »»
Jun 16, 2020 3:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.