Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 18, 2012 7:44 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The most INSANE episode in this series with just the following,

THIRD IMPACT! So much EVA references. It almost looked like it was all over again EVA's impacts as they were shown in the EVA series. It’s good thing it was stopped cold by Kirius and company. Else the City might have been decimated totally. Crazy asses those who fired are!

The episode delivered what it never did in intense fighting along with character struggles and most of all Madoka. She defiled almost everything that was not supposed to be. Taking her Vox out when precisely she was not supposed and hence the Impact happened.

The fights were amazing. Especially Muginami shinned so bright that my eyes are teared out of sheer action satisfaction from Muginami's performance, slashes with her Vox and most of all her bravery in protecting Lan. Lan herself was nice with some moves of hers like that Freezing kind of power that affected Ovids as Madoka unleashes her super powers. It’s just plain sad a Ovid crushed and bled out Madoka’s considered like sister close relative. The emotional toll was too much in all that to contain thus BLOW OUT! It’s even more insane that all the other Voxes were controlled in all this BLOW OUT! So to speak.

Loads of action, struggles and SFX being most amazing than previously and this being the episode near the last one. Rinne once again impresses and shocks seriously the fans. It can now officially with the following,

Be said: SHIT HITS THE FANS HARD!. It looks like the whole Impact may make the Earth into the environment that planet where Muginami survived be. Very hard this episode and I wonder what do people think of the Impact? Does it give out EVA Apocalypses vibes or not? That is what I wonder for others.
Yumekichi11Mar 18, 2012 8:31 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 18, 2012 8:22 AM

Nov 2008
So Mugi's unit also has some small beam guns, sweet.

Lan can multi lock with her beam gun which is even better

Madoka got to pilot Midori again and managed to kick some serious ass then when one of the enemies ended up crashing on her sister, pretty much killing her seeing the flower landing on her at the end, she went insane EVA style and activated the Rinne ability which crystallized the enemies.

That save by Array, Izo, and Kirius was excellent, that was a reckless move by the fleet.

So this is the impact, hopefully all will end well.

Mar 18, 2012 8:34 AM

Oct 2010
Hoppy said:
I am not too sure about that. Madoka's cousin there might be dead so Madoka has no close relatives anymore, thus I hope the Loli might become the best thing to her.

The pic clearly shows that it looks like that Colony planet's environment of what it looked like back when the past of Muginami was revealed. That being said I see nothing but misery on Earth due to this change. At worst the town and area may be not liveable anymore.

IMO it might SUCK but now it would reveal a reason for the girls to fight. Quite simply REVENGE! And so S2 starts with a Total War out for revenge towards Kiss and those who hired them.

What do you think of those thoughts?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 18, 2012 9:02 AM

Nov 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Hoppy said:
I am not too sure about that. Madoka's cousin there might be dead so Madoka has no close relatives anymore, thus I hope the Loli might become the best thing to her.

The pic clearly shows that it looks like that Colony planet's environment of what it looked like back when the past of Muginami was revealed. That being said I see nothing but misery on Earth due to this change. At worst the town and area may be not liveable anymore.

IMO it might SUCK but now it would reveal a reason for the girls to fight. Quite simply REVENGE! And so S2 starts with a Total War out for revenge towards Kiss and those who hired them.

What do you think of those thoughts?

Astrelia I doubt it, this is a mecha series, when everyone close to a character dies the world becomes the only thing that matters to them. Even then not everyone she loved has died, she still has her friends both from school and Lan and Muginami, she could easily start fighting for them.

Yeah I noticed that but it could be temporary but yeah the shit has hit the fan enough that this scenario will be in place until S2 ends and it could have terrible consequences for the town if not the entire planet.

The end of this season will tell us if the reason to fight is for revenge or that they find a way to save the planet but they have to fight KISS and every other faction to find the method to save Earth. I believe that there is a way and this will be the reason for the war because the solution is in KISS and whoever elses' hands.

Mar 18, 2012 10:18 AM
Oct 2010
found this to be so much like eva lol. loved it though. thought the city was going bye bye but to see those three protect it was awesome :D

them destroying the enemy like nothing was sweet too.

shit got real towards the end with madoka going almost berserk seeing her laying there bleeding out. hope she lives D:

cant wait to see how this season ends
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 18, 2012 10:38 AM

Nov 2010
Can't say much but DAMN! This episode really drops the bomb, like KABOOM!
I play, the haters lose.
Mar 18, 2012 10:52 AM

Jun 2011
The best episode so far....damn it got intense
Mar 18, 2012 11:32 AM

Nov 2011
Intense episode is intense. Loved the mecha action that I missed in the previous few episodes:

Great episode overall. Can't wait for episode 12 next time that will conclude the first half of the series tbh.
Mar 18, 2012 11:40 AM

Apr 2010
Took a long time before Madoka finally got permission to lift of.
And the battle turned to there advantage so quickly seems Madoka boosts morale by allot.
That attack on the city was cowardly and a bit overpowered i mean from the distance they showed it and how big the explosion was it should have been way more powerfully then just destroying one city.
The entire region would have been gone.
Mar 18, 2012 12:07 PM

Aug 2010
Asteria really made a bad decision to wait so long to authorize Madoka to take off.
Mar 18, 2012 1:03 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
The Flowers are in full bloom; Spring has arrived.
Mar 18, 2012 2:51 PM

Jul 2010
Damn, that was one intense episode. Thought the town was done for when that Impact blast came shooting towards the town. Thank heavens for the trio stopping that.

Poor Madoka though. It seems the gang were a bit reckless shooting down the enemy machines that one crashed and severely, if not fatally, injured Yoko. She let her sorrow all out of her Vox, taking Mugi's and Lan's Voxes along. I am aching to see how S1 will end and how it will setup S2.
Mar 18, 2012 3:28 PM

May 2011
OH SHIT!! Things getting interesting!
And from the preview, it looks like the condition are in bad shape.

Wonder what will Madoka do seeing from the preview that she crawling on the edge of it?
Mar 18, 2012 3:49 PM

Oct 2011
Our Second Trio looked a bit scared in preview - or we may get to know why those flowers weren't bad thing, it seems to work on Ovids but there weren't any reactions from Earth humans.

it looks that enemy fleet will be running away from them - so maybe we will have change of enemy for second part - this time Le Galite will come for Voxes (they wanted them).
Death of Yoko just doesn't seem right.. ok she can be heavilly wounded but I hope she'll make it. Chairman would be a different matter.
ahh it was nice to see, that for once, defenses of base were usefull - ok for a moment but they did it.
Dalek-bakaMar 18, 2012 4:01 PM
Mar 18, 2012 4:30 PM

Dec 2011
I know there is 2nd season coming, but I hope this ends well. Madoka was pretty freaked after seeing her sister dead on the ground.
Mar 18, 2012 4:36 PM

Jun 2009
That was intense, thought we would get some mecha action and got it nicely delivered. I hope for explaination on what those blooming flowers are but i somehow don't think we'll hear about it in this season.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 18, 2012 5:08 PM
Oct 2010
When one of Madoka's flowers landed right on Yoko, did anyone else think that they might pull a cop-out and have the flower magically heal her?
Mar 18, 2012 5:17 PM

Oct 2011
randomperson2229 said:
When one of Madoka's flowers landed right on Yoko, did anyone else think that they might pull a cop-out and have the flower magically heal her?

Well I think that this might happen - ok it would be really nice.
Plus it could support her thesis that Voxes aren't so evil as they say.
Mar 18, 2012 5:36 PM

Jan 2011
I don't know about you guys but i fucking loved this epiosde and i hope Rinne is going in the direction i think it is a darker tone.. *we gave you all that light hearted goodness now it's time for shit to get real* would have been insane if Kamogawa really did get destroyed but seeing her sister getting hurt because of her had the same effect hope she dies and they don't cop out!.
Mar 18, 2012 6:07 PM

Jan 2011
The 3 bros protecting the city was the highlight of the episode for me.
[center]
Mar 18, 2012 6:08 PM

Mar 2011
katsu044 said:
I don't know about you guys but i fucking loved this epiosde and i hope Rinne is going in the direction i think it is a darker tone.. *we gave you all that light hearted goodness now it's time for shit to get real*

It might happen later in season 2.

Remember, this is from the creator of Nadesico, whose "sequel movie" consists of trying to be dark and grim (and everyone hated that).

If they are going for a darker route, let's hope it won't go the same way as the Nadesico movie.
Mar 18, 2012 6:29 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode,shit got real.

The first part was nice seeing what both Lan and Muginami Voids can do,i like multi fire from Lan and the double Lightsaber from Muginami.

The 3 man-trio was great this episode saving the city from the lazer of dead still love how Array looks with the maid cloths.

Madoka flight Midori again and begin to kick some ass until.....a robot hit Yoko and she went bersek!!!

It looks like shit will get serious next episode and if the preview is correct the world has change after this success....i like the way this is going!!!
Mar 18, 2012 6:31 PM

Sep 2011
randomperson2229 said:

I had the same feeling as well.
Mar 18, 2012 7:21 PM

Nov 2010
Cratex said:
The Flowers are in full bloom; Spring has arrived.

QFT. And someone said, "here comes Flower Power!"
I play, the haters lose.
Mar 18, 2012 7:57 PM

Jan 2011
TehYGuy said:
randomperson2229 said:

I had the same feeling as well.

I think there are a couple of subplots revolving around Yoko that still have to be resolved so my bet is on her reviving. I'm also thinking that next episode will end with the revelation that the real enemy is not KISS, so I doubt that a revenge scenario will be in place.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 18, 2012 8:06 PM

Apr 2010
SHIT JUST GOT REAL! I love this episode, I can't wait for next week. Looks like second season will be amazing if things continue this way.

VioLink said:

Me too xDD

Rand0mless's PokePet

Kuro the level 76 Umbreon!
Mar 18, 2012 9:17 PM

Jul 2011
loved the ep, the fighting and emotional struggles of madoka. But i swear, they better not have killed madoka's onee-chan :/ noo...unacceptable.

Dec 2007
Damn, when that beam came down I thought the city was doomed. After that a mech falls? Lol the suspense.

randomperson2229 said:

I think so too.

Jul 2011
randomperson2229 said:

I sure hope that's the case, that's what i was thinking, hoping.

Mar 19, 2012 1:00 AM

Aug 2010
VioLink said:

Yeah. Thought the city was gone for but then BAM: The two brothers and the sister *snickers* have their BIG DAMN HEROES! moment. Also, love the triple-brofist they had before.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Mar 19, 2012 4:17 AM

Apr 2011
Good to know the two brothers and the maid *giggle* are on the girls side

Too bad they remove the romance on this series
Mar 19, 2012 5:21 AM
Feb 2012
Madoka:Haruhi
Lan:Nagato
Muginami:Mikuru-Chan
Well, just saying.

A retro Anime's cliché, but young Anime fans might not know it. Pharos's barrier resembles that of Maginger Z's research center's. I remember a Sunrise's Anime before Gundam 0079, may be Daitaan 3 (sorry for my English spelling), saying "a giant robot used to have it's own research center" as an ironical joke.
The ending and the preview of the next episode are... Yes, EoE.
日本人です。海外の反応系のブログもいくつか見させてもらってますw 翻訳頑張ってくださいね。
Mar 19, 2012 6:25 AM

Sep 2008
Best episode so far.
Subspace shield of Phraos look'd like from Stargate Atlantis.
Those ships firing at Pharos reminded me of Sajuuk from Homeworld 2.
Aircraft mode of Voxes reminded me of Yukikaze.
Gosh, all my fetishes together :D
entauri.deviantart.com

Mar 19, 2012 9:20 AM

Feb 2008
VioLink said:

you didn't see that coming?

as for them going berserk.....they really should have explained exactly how those thing work. they are psychically linked so when one becomes like that....

and instead of the vox being evil, i think its the mental states of the pilots.
Mar 19, 2012 11:47 AM

Aug 2010
For a second I thought the city was done for. The story is still very weak, but at least we had some action. I wonder if they have the guts to finish off Yoko. 4/5.
Mar 19, 2012 12:32 PM

Jul 2010
The three guys made the right choice after all. Yet big sis still got hurt and Madoka activated the flower mode again.

Mar 19, 2012 5:03 PM

Nov 2011
Intense episode for sure.

I'm actually wondering if the first season could end on a bad note...leading to a good ending for the 2nd? I dunno, that last piece of the preview made things pretty grim....
Mar 20, 2012 8:09 AM

Jan 2011
Beedlebud said:
I'm actually wondering if the first season could end on a bad note...leading to a good ending for the 2nd? I dunno, that last piece of the preview made things pretty grim....

I was thinking about this too, it'll probably happen.

Episode was nice, lots of action.
Some strange things about the Voxes, they can read the pilot's mind.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 20, 2012 8:19 AM

May 2010
Best ep by far imo.
Mar 20, 2012 3:39 PM
Dec 2007
Great developments. Can't wait for the second season now.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 21, 2012 8:50 AM

Jul 2010
Uhh I forgot but what happens if Rinne is bloomed? some kind of catastrophic event will happen like the chairman said?

Mar 21, 2012 9:18 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
chococya96 said:
Uhh I forgot but what happens if Rinne is bloomed? some kind of catastrophic event will happen like the chairman said?

Yeah, those of us with seasonal allergies will be in Big Trouble for sure.

Seriously, I suspect it will only be bad for the bad guys, and may even have good side affects for the good guys.
CratexMar 21, 2012 9:29 AM
Mar 21, 2012 10:51 AM

Aug 2010

I wonder how many people she killed this episode.
Mar 21, 2012 11:13 AM
Jul 2009
I spent a lot of this episode mentally condemning Asteria.

At first, I wondered if she really saw the situation: both Voxes pinned down, and steadily losing ground; the orbital bombardment (the fact that it entered the atmosphere and reached the surface is bad enough); and Pharos' subspace shield succumbing--among other things. Was she really going to let everyone die out of fear that people/everyone would die at the hands of Vox Aura, somehow?

Then I saw that she had what appeared to be a backup plan--the extraterrestrial bros, who shielded Kamogawa. I condemned her less, as a result, but still wondered if she realized that she and her red tape on Aura could have killed countless people.

As for what happened at the end...well...people in this thread have said everything I was thinking, already.

It's hit the fan, for sure.

But I will say this: it wouldn't be bad/a cop-out if Yoko survived, or died but was resurrected. "True art is angsty" is a something of an blemish/infection in art/entertainment, itself. Sad endings aren't necessarily more meaningful than happy ones.

Even so, with the way this show's been...I wouldn't be surprised if that bloody sight stuck with her. Even if you get a second chance, you don't just walk away from the experience of failing (with grievous consequences) to protect someone you love without a "souvenir" of sorts.
Mar 22, 2012 2:37 AM

May 2010
This just gets better and better !!
Mar 22, 2012 6:56 AM

Feb 2008
Is it just me, or was this episode like Dynasty Warriors Gundam on easy? The enemies were barely doing anything except the "officer" who was fighting Mugi. As much as their fight was good, the grunt battle sucked.

About Yoko, she'll probably survive. I mean, she'll obviously survive after that flower scene. But to be honest, it would be better for the whole story if she died. She's cool, but her death would have a huge impact on Madoka's personality, and that would make the series a bit darker. Also, I wouldn't mind an End of Evangelion (Ideon: Be Invoked) ending for the second season, but that won't happen.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Mar 23, 2012 2:55 PM

May 2011
ZetaZaku said:
Is it just me, or was this episode like Dynasty Warriors Gundam on easy? The enemies were barely doing anything except the "officer" who was fighting Mugi. As much as their fight was good, the grunt battle sucked.

Haha yeah, I feel like they were mostly there to get blown up so we'd get to see some fireworks of the ovid variety :P

Loved the episode in terms of the action, and the three dudes brofisting it up, but the story could really use some support. :/ Hopefully we'll get all the details in S2 because right now the characters (Especially the Chairman!) seem to be making really odd decisions. Seriously, she just stood there watching shit get blown up and was just like "Stop calling me!!" Then again, it's just a little hard to take her seriously anyway.

Ending was fantastic. Can't wait for the finale!
Mar 24, 2012 9:55 AM

May 2011
What the hell is going to happen now that its raining flowers!?
Mar 24, 2012 10:04 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
ZeroZx said:
What the hell is going to happen now that its raining flowers!?

I suppose water will grow?

(sorry, couldn't help myself)

I AM very curious as to what is behind the flowers, more so than what they will do. I mean, how is it that the VOX are so much different from other mechs? Why do they have this special power and other mechs don't.
Mar 24, 2012 10:50 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Meh.

Hopefully next ep will be interesting enough for me to watch the second season...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

prismheart - Feb 19, 2012

76 by martiantarhead »»
Oct 6, 2023 3:52 AM

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 25, 2012

118 by Hyperdude144 »»
Aug 25, 2023 2:23 PM

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

prismheart - Mar 11, 2012

52 by TheBigGuy »»
Nov 22, 2020 2:01 PM

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 22, 2012

80 by Yuri-Crusader »»
Jun 16, 2020 4:55 PM

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 15, 2012

102 by Yuri-Crusader »»
Jun 16, 2020 3:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.