Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
May 2, 2012 8:04 AM

Dec 2009
WTF is up with Satan? Did he tell the truth or did he lie? Are we supposed to feel sympathetic towards him or despise him?
Jun 11, 2012 3:15 PM

Jul 2009
Yukio offers himself as the sacrifice instead ... dun dun dun! O_O The Messiah failed miserably and we have Bunny boy commentating ... uh, interesting? Lol :P
I hated their mother Yuri -_-" She pissed me off to no end ... WTF is this stupidly cliche "love" between humans and demons? Come on! Just letting Satan into her and getting pregnant?! OTL Plus I'm kinda confused ... if she died giving birth how did she get burned at the stake? O_O
Interesting that Fujimoto and Mephisto had a gamble going on there. Mephisto's awesome lol XD Although him just deciding to raise them seemed really sudden ... well, I don't think he'd be able to kill two babies at any rate :P
So Yukio becomes Satan's vessel at the end ... that's pretty cool lol O_O
Jun 25, 2012 11:24 AM
Apr 2009
It's getting more and more ridiculous with each episode. Such a shame. It had lots of potential, I'd give it an 8 or even a 9, but atrocious writing in the last episodes ruined it for me. All the "dramatic" and "epic" sequences had me rolling on the floor laughing.
AshesBornJun 25, 2012 11:45 AM
Jun 26, 2012 6:54 AM

Jun 2011
...Holy shit...
Jul 19, 2012 2:22 AM

Feb 2011
The fact that Yukio wanted to be used himself instead of Rin was predictable . What impressed me the most was the fact that i could sense the love between Satan and Yuri ...
Sep 25, 2012 2:16 PM

Jan 2012
I was curious about all that demon children birth, I'm glad they gave us that flashback. However the way Satan was shown, like a good guy, was hilarious.

Oct 1, 2012 12:01 PM

Jun 2012
Ok. I've never seen such a stupid character like Yuri. She's just so.. UNNNGHHH!!! Hey, Satan, wanna have my body? WTF?? I mean she ***** Satan O.o.. kinda. How can a cool guy like Rin have such a mother? I feel for him.
I hope the manga isn't like that.
Oct 16, 2012 4:56 PM

Sep 2010
I find it very interesting how many references are made to Christianity, starting with the “Vatican”, the exorcisms, Satan, and now at the start when they begin: “This is the wood of the cross in which hangs the savior of the world. Come let us worship”. Very interesting indeed.
Also, many questions were answered as to Rin and Yukio’s origins.
This is getting better and better.
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Oct 17, 2012 9:12 PM
Sep 2012
Loosha said:
Ok. I've never seen such a stupid character like Yuri. She's just so.. UNNNGHHH!!! Hey, Satan, wanna have my body? WTF?? I mean she ***** Satan O.o.. kinda. How can a cool guy like Rin have such a mother? I feel for him.
I hope the manga isn't like that.

This show has definitely gone full blown retard-which is a shame because it was getting good. I mean is this seriously trying to paint Satan, the ultimate evil, as some kind of misunderstood being?
Nov 5, 2012 12:19 AM
Jul 2018

Ruthless father. Now Yukio has gone mad.
Nov 24, 2012 6:52 PM

Sep 2011
Xhexania said:
Wow. Satan doesn't seem so satanic anymore. What happened to this series?
Nov 27, 2012 3:09 AM

Sep 2012
so satan's a good guy? wtf
Jan 29, 2013 4:23 PM

May 2012
Good guy Satan! Well that sure is a totally other side of what actually happened 16 years ago! It's funny how that bomb they worked for 15 years on didn't work at all xD

But yea lies and betrayal by that man... thought something like this would happen!
But damn Yukio seining with blue flames are well was quite awesome!

Either way great episode, lets see what's next!
Mar 10, 2013 7:35 AM

Dec 2012
I feel sad for satan now :(
Mar 17, 2013 4:22 AM

Jul 2010
Yuri must be on my top list of characters that should've died sooner and in the most painful way, she's an ignorant btch who'll sacrifice everything, even the happiness of her "children" and the people around her for her own believes, while lecturing others to respect and love each other and to treat demons and humans equally. It's fine is she believes that but not at the cost of innocent lives, not at the cost of 2 unborn children whom she has chained to a difficult and hard life right from the day they were born.
Did she honestly think for 1 second that the children of Satan, if they would even survive, would be treated normally? The anime may not be as dark as it should be but in reality Rin and Yukio would've been disposed off long before they could even have a chance to live. Saying that they'll teach people how to cooperate is just wishful thinking and not their responsibility, just the fact she can't accomplish it on her own doesn't make it right to shove the ideal down their throat.

I absolutely loathe characters in anime like her, the "tragic heroine" who understands the "lonely misunderstood" bad guy [aka fcking Satan here].
Apr 20, 2013 7:32 AM

Dec 2010
I admit that this episode was a bit touching even though I hated it for being the most horrible anime-manga deviation in the history of Anime.

I still hate it.
Jun 20, 2013 5:18 PM

Sep 2012
Takara was talking more than usual!
Jul 13, 2013 7:03 PM

Mar 2009
Finally the guy with the puppet speaks.
Jul 31, 2013 7:04 PM

May 2013
Ahhahaha. Satan cares for Yuri, eh? Went to save her, eh???

Nice try X] I don't know what else to say about this ;P
Jul 29, 2014 6:30 AM

Apr 2014
One word: Damn.
Aug 22, 2014 8:48 AM

Jul 2014
Amaimon spoke. I don't know anymore if this is creepy or cute or both.

For a moment there, in the beginning, I thought Shiro killed Yuri.

RD said:
I don't know if anyone has considered this possibility, but maybe Satan was tricking Yuri all along just so she would bear his children for him. This is so that he could gain full control of a body in Assiah just like he did here with Yukio. This would fit in perfectly with his evil character that we have all being assuming before.

That would actually make more sense than everything I've seen and read so far.

Two more episodes. Mephisto was so underutilized, that I'm mad. I fell in love with him the moment he appeared and I thought to myself "that character is gonna be damn awesome, can't wait". So much lost potential... Now I don't think they can redeem that in two episodes...
Sep 21, 2015 9:20 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
stevewiess01 said:
The flashback about Rin´s birth and his mother was nice, but the current storyline is still at mess. (Oh the cliffhanger! o_x)

this

Oct 15, 2015 5:18 AM
Apr 2015
I dont know what to say about this episode...it's just dont make sense...maybe I should drop at episode 24 and read the manga...why?why?why the fk would someone let a damn satan into their body and easily have sex??(just to prove that humans and demons can live together in harmony)SATAN WHO IS IMMORTAL IMO,LIVE FOR THOUSAND OF YEARS BUT DONT WHAT IS LIFE? clearly that satan wants to take advantage of any assiah woman so that they can rule gehenna and assiah by taking over a human body..sorry to say but I think Yuri is so stupid,she's just got deceived I think and she can be friend with low and unharmful demon but not to a demon who can release blue flame(she should know that flame can easily kill people)....plus why would she follow satan and not his FATHER?If I was the father I would not let satan took my daughter away,and if I was Yuri I will not forgive satan for killing my own fking father!!!!She is stupider than KANA from parasyte eventhough both are pretty!!!ARGHHHHH...now I'm sad and depressed from watching anime again :'((((((((
sorry for my english >,<
Jan 11, 2016 10:33 AM

Feb 2015
And so, the real reason of the blue night was uncovered. I would never have guessed that it was their crazy grandfather's fault.
Jul 21, 2016 7:14 PM

Mar 2016
*opens a gate for demons* "What the fuck??? Why are there demons coming out of this demon gate?"
Seriously stupid plan. You can't destroy the entirety of Gehenna any more than you can destroy the entire world over here. He practically played into Satan's plan.

Not fond of this love story bullshit. I suppose it makes sense in concept but it would've been nice to have it make it clear that is was deceit on Satan's part, because I don't believe for a second it wasn't.
Yuri's pretty stupid but she seems like she's still a teenager. She isn't entirely wrong either. It seems like a lot of the low-level demons are perfectly fine; tamer exorcists have made this clear ages ago. But she's clearly taking it too far. Even people can be evil so believing in Satan being evil isn't a stretch.

Also Fujimoto was cold-hearted? That makes no sense either. He's always been such a warm person and I can't believe Rin smiling at him could change every facet of his personality. Also no one was suspicious of him suddenly adopting twin boys smh.

Overall the concept was fine, execution was eh.
Oct 23, 2016 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
If the plot had immediately struck up this topic, shown only now, the quality of the anime he would have helped a lot. The only flaw is that he did not say anything about mephisto. Drawings, animations and soundtrack, which are more discrete.
Oct 24, 2016 5:33 PM
Jun 2013
I knew the hamster was this dude. whats the deal with satan? Is he good or bad or middle?
Dec 1, 2016 7:59 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I actually thought that the flashback was really good and informative. As soon as i got over Satan being caring, i grew to like it.

It does become inconsistent writing when like 5 mins later, he possesses Yukio's body. It would make sense though if Satan faked all of his shit to Yuri.

Dec 3, 2016 12:06 PM

Jun 2015
They are romanticizing Satan too much. Don't they realize that Satan is humanity's enemy. It's alright, he showed his true colors.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jan 2, 2017 2:10 PM

Nov 2010
Episode 23 -- [???]

OMG. Soooo. If Yukio had been the one to unsheath---THAT HAMSTER IS AMAIMON. HAHAHAHA---Kurikara then he would've been the one with all of the Demon powers. Instead it was Rin and look where he is now. I mean, YOU CAN'T FORGET THAT YUKIO ALSO IS A DEMON, TOO. His powers just had been supressed.

OH, DUDE. YUKIO HAS SNAPPED. DUUUDEEEEE. Shima. HAHA. what are you doing, mang? Uhh. What is happening. What is the crystal thing. Oh. The overvoice is the puppet kid. Now, we get to hear DADDY'S VOICE. Wait. iono. HAHA. So Grandpa totally killed off Yuri. The father killed his daughter. Whelp. Sort of knew it because Grandpa had said something about the Vatican getting rid----OMG. A YURI FLASHBACK. OMGGGG. She was the one who was impregnanted by Satan. I wonder if Shiro loved her, too. Yeah. The Vatican killed off Yuri and Ernest is pretty much the Vatican.

Yuri was resistant against the blue flames much like how Shiemi is. Yuri has always been kind of demons and this includes Satan. He lives in her. Everybody thought that Shiro was the one who impregnanted Yuri. I feel like I've seen this scene before where Ernest had been possessed by Satan.

So Yuri was able to give birth to both of the boys. She didn't seem too shocked that she had children. She named both boys even and Shiro was about to kill them but the children smiled at him. Mephisto laughed at first. Yeah. Shiro seemed to be some sort of badass and now he wanted to be the one who raised them. Mephisto did a bet and basically if both of them claimed their demonic powers than he gets to their life. Now both of them have their demonic powers now. WAIT. ISN'T MEPHISTO ALSO SATAN'S CHILD? I wonder what he thought of whenever he saw Yuri holding those children.

Wait. Is that Satan going to possess Yukio? Oh .Yup. That's Satan taking over Yukio's body. SO, WHAT. All of that kindness that Satan was showing to Yuri is now gone? What is happening.

TWO MORE EPISODES LEFT.
Jan 9, 2017 12:09 AM

Jan 2013
Is this Yuri story actually canon from the manga?
Sure going big for the final
Apr 12, 2017 12:42 AM

Dec 2012
Grandpa Egin doesn't like no mixed babies. No sir!

That flashback was the part I was most looking forward to on this re-watch. It's the anime original segment that's stuck with me the most even years later. Yuri's relationship with Satan blurred the black and white boundaries between humans and demons. What's more, it was particularly interesting how Satan didn't even understand the concept of life and death, as though his flames were but a natural extension of trying to reach out to touch the world around him.
Apr 23, 2017 8:07 PM

Jul 2013
Hmm so what happened during the ritual got showed. Yukio sacrificed his own blood to open the Gehenna gate and by the mix of his and Rins blood they had a better result as they ever had thought about.

That messiah bomb was an absolute joke but I could imagine that this would never be enough to destroy the "whole" demon world. A really naive mentalitiy.

But with this gate open satan had found his way back and had a really interesting conversation with Yukio. Nice that we could saw something about his and Rins mother and how it came to all of that. She was also an exorcist back in the days but came in contact with satan. She gave him the permission to go into her body. And with that at some point she became pregnant.

Was also cool to see which role Mephisto played in this story. He even helped Fujimoto with Rin and Yukio and sealed the blue flames into the katana.

The ending was pretty crazy. Satan taking control over Yukio. I have no idea what they can do now. It looks really desperate.

I also can't believe that there are only 2 episode left :(

Jun 26, 2017 5:08 PM
Apr 2017
the thing i don't like about anime is most the time there's a bad guy that's so evil that you hate them and then you find out they have a super mess-up backstory and you find out why they did all this bad stuff and that's how i feel about Satan because he caused the blue night but then you find out he only did that to obtain a body so that he could free Yuri (Rin and Yukio's Mother). But he also killed Shiro so now i've got mixed feelings about Satan should i feel sorry for Satan or should i still hate him?
/Users/jjohnson2/Desktop/Personal/Other/tumblr_nhd0wmMAE51rbrys3o3_500.gif
Aug 3, 2017 12:35 PM

May 2016
Finally, I can believe this is the truth about their past we got some important answers.
Oct 27, 2017 8:22 AM

Jun 2016
Can someone please stop Shiemi from running towards Yukio or Rin whenever they're like demons!?! Does she really think that running towards them and having a physical contact with them will solve anything? Ohmygod. I can barely remember being so fucking pissed at a character. Fuck this bitch. I'm so pissed off.

Now everything's clear on what happened exactly on the night where Satan "burned" all those exorcists even Rin's friends. Satan was looking for his vessel, but they all died because they're all not powerful. He wanted to save Yuri (Rin and Yukio's mother) from being burnt all because of her own father. THAT SCAR FACE GUY. Lmfao.

Their mother had sex with Satan, but how? Haha. Or was it like when Mary suddenly got pregnant because of some spirit? Huehue.

Yukio looks so much like his mother.

Great episode.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Mar 19, 2018 11:05 PM

Sep 2013
Shit's getting intense!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 16, 2019 1:08 PM

Jun 2015
so basically yuri sympathized with demons enough to fall in love with satan himself and actually banged him. so the blue night was actually satan trying to find a body to replace yuri for her death then.
and fujimoto was meant to kill the twins + yuri, what a twist that he ended up raising them. damn i'd understand if yuri fell in love with a normal demon but she fell in love with satan himself. like... girl..
i don't get why a show based on exorcists and christianity just kind of put satan in a sympathetic light.
Apr 11, 2019 2:28 PM
Oct 2018
How can people still put an « I love it » on this garbage. It’s become worst at every episode and it wasn’t even worst that at the beginning. I wait to see what the canon end gives but I find this one really shitty.
May 17, 2019 11:48 AM

Apr 2013
This episode felt kinda rushed, I think they could've made two episodes out of that flashback tbh.
Sep 27, 2019 2:39 PM
Oct 2018
Show has gone totally off the rails. What a shame.
Nov 2, 2019 8:26 PM
Apr 2016
Damn, the entire backstory was revealed, wasn't too disappointing; except it felt a bit random. The ending was...
Nov 23, 2019 6:09 AM

Feb 2019
The story about Satan and Yuri was quite sad :(

It's a shame that Satan possessed Yukio and turned evil, it would have been cool to see him show some love to his children
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Apr 24, 2020 12:04 AM

Jul 2008
So brother vs brother now.
Jun 19, 2020 5:37 PM
Oct 2019
Good lord this episode SUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED

Utter trash.

Satan was a somewhat benevolent demon...but turns evil again when he possesses his son's body? Fujimoto was an a-hole and struggled to kill low level demons in the snow? Yuri was a demon-loving moron?

Pure shit. AWFUL. And largely inconsistent with the earlier episodes. They should be embarrassed that they actually created this.

No need to even finish this filth. Dropping and going straight to season 2.

Pre-Grandpa Egin this series was 8/10. Even that rather pointless birthday party episode was "ok". But this episode is 3.5/10 levels of bad. Woof
Oct 6, 2020 6:09 AM

Mar 2019
Oh so apparently Mephisto's brother is not dead somehow...
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Dec 8, 2020 11:50 AM

Aug 2020
I can't tell if Yukio is just fucking crazy or if Satan is possessing him at the end there or what was happening. Now that I'm thinking about it, that was a lot to take in too. Finding out your grandfather basically murdered your mother damn.. I hope Rin is going to be okay. I know he was just lying there the whole episode but he has to be in mass amounts of pain. Hopefully if things are all figured out he can be treated because that torture could not be feeling good even for a demon.
I also hope Yukio chills out a little bit and doesn't just act on impulse.

Jul 9, 2021 10:24 PM

Jan 2020
Much better than last episode. The fujimoto flashback with yuri was quite interesting and I did like finally learning the truth of the brothers.

It felt like the plot was truly moving forward despite the anime original fact

Jul 20, 2021 8:09 AM
Sep 2017
Lol this is so surreal XD how this poop pond sucked in the magenta crystal. And with Yuri i am lost for words xD How, like HOW did she get pregnant?!
Jan 14, 2023 3:48 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Interesting backstory for Yuri and damn that is the grandfather that actually ordered it that's tough, now we have Yukio full possessed berserk and Rin gonna make a move soon I believe 
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 31, 2011

191 by XILG »»
Apr 16, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 22, 2011

202 by XILG »»
Apr 11, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Zeando - May 1, 2011

239 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Apr 24, 2011

310 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 17, 2011

302 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.