Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 18, 2011 11:57 PM

Jan 2011
A lesson about what happens when you only look at the bottom line and short term gain. By getting rid of full-time workers with a commitment to the business and replacing them with part-timers, you may save some costs, but don't expect them to reward you with loyalty.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 23, 2011 6:46 PM

Apr 2011
Yosuke is a douche, he needs to train some more on how to treat your staff.

I'm glad he got pwn in the end XD
Aug 4, 2011 2:37 PM

Aug 2008
Yuina has a fiance? She doesn't seem into him though.

And the fanboys' reaction at seeing Yuina and Minko in their swimsuits is epic!
Aug 14, 2011 3:55 AM

Nov 2010
Lol @ the amount of fanservice in this one. The start of the ED looked very pretty.
Aug 31, 2011 1:48 AM

Apr 2009
Haha, "Balut? What's that? Does that mean you'll go out with me?"
Oct 20, 2011 10:24 PM

Sep 2010
Balut!

Does that mean you'll go out with me?

*storms off*

That guy isn't going to give up I bet. xD

If I was them I would have quit too if the manager rather talk to his girlfriend than work and if the pay was crappy along with the work.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Nov 28, 2011 6:34 PM

Oct 2009
Yuina's great. Head clerk guy is a jerk.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2011 11:09 AM

Apr 2007
Iilia said:
While I admit the way he treated the part-timers was bad, I was happy to see he told them to turn off their cell phones while on the job. There's nothing I hate more than people taking personal calls during work hours.
Yeah they deserved to be scolded for that, especially considering their job.

Customer: Excuse me can I get a refill?
Waitress: Let me just finish this call first, k?

Also, Yuina, you have horrible timing girl.
Dec 13, 2011 10:46 AM

Jun 2011
I like this new OP compared to the previous one. Ohana suddenly sings enka song really cracked me up =D

LOL at Nako swimming in the middle of the night. And more about Yuina will be explained in this arc, that's for sure.
Dec 22, 2011 2:29 AM
Nov 2011
once again great character development. And yeah its a bit of a fan service episode, yet somehow the characters themselves were the stars of this episode, not the situation they found themselves in.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Feb 28, 2012 3:39 AM

Nov 2010
Strong Episode.
Yuina made some good remarks at the end.
Apr 23, 2012 11:19 AM

Nov 2011
The service reminds me of: "Hey, can I get some water?" "Water will be served when dinner is k?"

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Oct 16, 2012 4:54 PM

Apr 2012
New OP! Pretty good, though I like the first song better.

I'm glad Yuina stuck with what she wanted and didn't just go along with Yosuke's dream. She kind of reminds me of Satsuki in that way; she doesn't want to run and inn, so she turns her back on those who want her to. I liked that we got a little insight into her backstory, as she hasn't really been introduced properly in the series yet, imo.

Haha, couldn't help but think "there she goes, throwing herself on yet another guy unknowningly" when Ohana latched onto Yosuke to keep him back :P
Nov 23, 2012 6:17 AM

May 2012
Fieldtrip/beach episode just perfect and some nice fanservice :p The episode it self is quite nice and funny! The ending especially was quite interesting and a bit expected from the night scene at the beach! Still great episode I wonder what's next!

The new OP & ED are awesome as well and looking to the OP and seeing Ko in it I'm sure we'll be having another small arc concerning him!
Mar 25, 2013 9:32 PM

Jan 2013
Decent episode.
I'm feeling a mixture of annoyance and boredom with this anime lately.
Apr 23, 2013 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Not a bad beginning of this mini bow on Yuina, even if Ohana is always the host, while apparently a type irritating and frivolous, it can understand being the kind of guy who wants to live life without too much effort and having fun as much as possible ! Beautiful part of the narrative in which it must make a move to not lose against Ohana! Drawings fabulous!
Apr 28, 2013 2:42 PM

Jan 2013
i love the new op :3
Jul 3, 2013 8:37 PM

Nov 2012
yes new OP and ED XD damn it is beautiful.. XD I like it so much :3

btw minko looks cute in that swimsuit.. XD
yuina too.. and yes ohana lol XD too much fanservice for me :p

wonder whats gonna be happen next XD interesting :3
Aug 16, 2013 3:49 AM

Jul 2009
tsubasalover said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
New OP and ED!! New OP is a lot better than 1st OP!! New ED was ok.

Field trip time! Ohana's tone deaf! Yuina already have a fiance, but she hides about not wanting to do yokan job by being happy.

That wasn't tone deaf. That was enka lol
Nov 7, 2013 6:48 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Loved the Enka bit and Minchi doing her rejecting thing (gotta respect the guy hitting on her. He's got some balls).

The head clerk got hit bad at work and in love. Things are not going his way to say the least.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 15, 2014 10:45 AM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
I can't stand Yuina after this. She rejects a boy and she is happy about it , she doesn't care that he's hurt by it. She came off as snobby and selfish through out this episode and she just landed on my hate list.
Mar 26, 2014 6:14 AM

Apr 2009
The new OP song is balut! Seriously, this anime is lacking a good OP and ED song, I have no complaints on the story and characters though.

Kou-chan~ <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2014 7:41 PM

Jul 2014
get wrecked you piece of trash! Does yuina want to work at the inn? ahh, and that new ending!
Mar 18, 2015 1:54 PM

Jun 2013
Ending was kind of sad tbh
Jul 20, 2015 10:20 PM

Jul 2012
I asked for more Yuina, and I got it 😁

The animation for the new OP is okay. I like the old one better mostly because of the part where Ohana is putting on her uniform while running down the stairs :3
The song.. I like the first song more for now. Songs usually grow on me the more I listen to it.

I really like the snow globe-like effect of the start of the ED. The song is okay, but the animation compliments it well. I haven't watched a full ED that's that slow in a while.

This episode was nice. We got to find out more about Yuina. We also find out that her fiancé is a dick to his employees, but completely different to Yuina.

The beach was nice. Minko getting thrown into the water and then that public confession haha. Ohana being fascinated after seeing something splashing on the shore outside and then running out there like a kid. I love her xD
Sep 17, 2015 9:51 PM

Jan 2014
Fuck this guy, seriously. Also the OP and ED will be hard to adjust to.
Jul 6, 2016 2:31 PM
Jan 2012
Beach episode. Nice comedy moments.
Good moment see Ohana singing.
Oh. Then this is the Yosuke. Your seiyuu same of Kamui Kirito in psycho pass.
Stanza of this episode so beautiful.
Nakochi scene of swimming so make me a little laugh's.
I little surprised answer of Yuina.
I loved new Ending and new Opening.
RafaKojiroJul 6, 2016 2:51 PM
Aug 30, 2016 10:01 AM

Aug 2015
Yuina just roasted the shit out of her fiance lul in this ep. Minchi hiding her goods ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) for Tohru-san just for her friends to expose it to the masses, thanks guys.
Nov 22, 2016 6:33 PM

Jun 2016
This show didn't need a fan service episode. Also new op/ed weren't as strong as the old ones imo.
May 17, 2017 9:19 AM

Jun 2013
- Clicking image opens album.

Well, at least the Tohru clone got his comeuppance and Yuina gave him the boot, too. And there were a few relatable reactions courtesy of Minko. So at least there was something worthwhile here.

YabaBaga said:
A No-Tohru-Episode! Yay! ^_^ (as a guy I really don't like Tohru as the only reason people like him is his looks; no foundation has been laid for his legendary 'kindness')

nznz said:
Yet more time wasted on another uninteresting guy that's basically Tohru with different hair. They didn't even refer to the similarites in some way, so it felt just like reused material. At this point I think the show's pacing is too slow for the amount of characters it got, so they remain shallow for the most part.

Yeah... we'll never truly be rid of him. In some shape or form, he's always with us, even when he's not.

Anywho, it's kind of funny that Ohana, who initially took offense with Tohru's attitude (but later came to like him because everyone has to like the Gary Stu), didn't take notice of this guy's extremely similar behavior (she was even surprised when Yuina told him off), while Minko did, who is normally on the receiving end of Tohru's attitude.

It's no accident that I identified more with Minko in this episode. Ohana kind of annoyed me (and I usually like her), she was way too oblivious and she seemed obsessed with being a waitress, even though she was off the clock. If this is where her supposed character development is going, I'm a little worried. She's basically turning into an oblivious teen version of her grandmother, what with not having a life outside of work. Not exactly an uplifting coming of age story.

Also, the Minko abuse train doesn't seem to be stopping, it's only going faster. Choo choo! Ohana and Yuina strip her down against her will, then this weirdo just keeps accosting her even though she's already told him no. Then Yuina (accidentally) implies that Minko is the one who's being weird, that she should just be glad that someone tells her that they like her.
LeeTailorMay 17, 2017 10:27 AM
Jul 4, 2017 11:34 AM

Sep 2015
There was some stuff I really liked in this episode. Glad Yuina is finally getting a little focus. Her scenes with Ohana have always been very nice. And especially with the snuggling scene, their cuteness together was pretty damn solid this episode. And I'm glad that while I'm not sure where it's going next time. It doesn't seem like the show plans to condemn Yuina. For being spoiled or selfish or something. She just in contrast to the other girls. Doesn't have much interest in inns. You'd think in a series this obsessed with duty and doing your job. She'd be treated somewhat ... judgmentally? But there doesn't seem to be much indication that's where the story's headed.

The dumbest part of the episode I didn't mind was the kappa part. Nako in a swim suit is always welcome (I don't know why but I find one piece suits way cuter than two piece). And her Kappa like appearance coming out of the water was pretty funny. I did feel like there had to be a less stupid way to have Ohana overhear Yuina's conversation though. Like I (barely but do) remember that Nako's called "the kappa kid."It was so obvious it was her I thought Ohana was coming to make her stop swimming at night or something.

The dumbest part of the episode I did mind. Because it seems to be feeding into the conflict of the second part. Was the waitresses all quitting. They were just characterized as such boring flat spoiled brats. Is a manager really required to do as much work as all of you? Is there any job that you'll always enjoy doing? Such entitled characters. Exactly what I was worried Yuina would turn out to be when she was introduced. Just another example of this series forced and way too broad drama. Hope they can make something out of it next time. Because that cliffhanger did not inspire me.
Sep 5, 2017 2:34 AM

Dec 2010
A good episode, definitely not what I expected from the beach theme. The OP is definitely better, but I'm not sure about the ED.
Feb 22, 2018 5:46 PM

Jul 2015
The second half of the series starts with a school trip to another inn, Ohana reacting like if she was working was funny, it must really feel weird to being a customer when you work at this.

This episode put Yuina in the spotlight, as I was expecting, she doesn't really want to work in an inn in the future even if she has the spot secured in her family and she's also the fiancée of the future boss of the inn they went. That guy now has to deal with that discovery and that all his part-timers want to quit their job at the same time, I have a hard time judging that since he was pretty rude to them, but they also weren't exactly doing what was said properly.

The new OP is pretty good but I'm not sure if I will like it more than the first, the new ED was pretty bad, at least in a first impression, I didn't like much the first neither anyways.
Feb 27, 2018 7:54 PM

Mar 2014
Yuina could have been more gentle and chosen a better time to give her answer. Certainly both the head clerk and the part-timers could have behaved better though. I am sure they were not perfect and their part to piss him off.

And while he does seem to be earnest, why hadn't helearned that man management is also important when handling employees? And really, is the inn so shorthanded that 4 part timers quitting was a problem? They handled hundred's of people, I am sure there were other waitresses.
Feb 27, 2018 7:56 PM

Mar 2014
Iilia said:

Dang it, now I really want to go to the beach. It doesn't help that it's painfully hot out today, either.

Well, its winter now and in NY so the beach is out of the question. Welp.
Dec 23, 2018 4:40 PM

Nov 2016
New opening is good and we see Ko :> first one was better, tho

Episode was nice too and I'm kinda interested in the relationship of Yuina and Yousuke.

The latter came off as just a jerk at first and you can't deny that he has still a lot to learn, especially to be a good boss. But this is normal due to his inexperience, at least he's aware of that determined and also a hard worker.

The girls who quit are having a worse character imo. Sure they weren't treated that well, but you can't just quit without notice when the inn is full with guests, well you could if you're just a part timer or season worker without contract, still shows a lack of morality.

And Yuina just seems like a brat who doesn't know what she wants, would be cool if she undergoes some character development during this arc otherwise she and Yousuke aren't suited for each other at all.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 1, 2019 10:53 AM

Jul 2016
Despite being the typical beach episode, I'm glad it gave some development to both Ohana and Yuina's characters. Not to mention that it also set some interesting topics about the future and what you want to do for a living.

Regarding the fanservice, it was to be expected although some camera angles were pretty obvious but well. No Nakochi fanservice, what the hell?!

On a side note, Yousuke had it coming, being honest. There are ways and ways but you can't treat your employees like that and not expect them to quit and leave. He still has a lot to learn... management is not only about incomes. However, the part-time girls sure looked like they were there just because they couldn't find another job (with that attitude, I wonder why...). I'm not going to defend them but Yousuke wasn't the best dealing with them either.

Overall, it was a good episode.
Jan 31, 2021 5:33 AM

Feb 2012
At last a new OP. The first one annoyed me, particularly the out of tune beginning.

Pretty good for a beach episode since we got some character development, and Yuina's handling of the situation is contrasted with how Ohana's been handling her relationship with Ko as well as her duties at her inn. So it felt like an important scene in that it enables Ohana to see her own choices more clearly in the future.

I'm still not sure whether Yuina is a realistic character, being so happy-go-lucky and never second-guessing herself. I've known some people who've had everything handed to them like Yuina has, and she certainly has a similar outwardly impenetrable air to her, like nothing can shake her positivity. Perhaps seeing the character leaves me with the same question as in real life: how real is it?
Jun 20, 2021 10:02 AM

Mar 2019
New op and ed, though I like the previous one way more.

I really can't tell if Yuina is a horrible person or that's just how she is, but those 4 clown looking girls were kind of right. Yousuke is kinda of a trash for doing whatever he wants whenver he wants (well it's mostly Yuina's fault). And again, Yuina took the worst time to tell him that she doesn't want to work there which I'm 100% ok with. It's just not a great job, I'd hate working at an inn tbh, but still, you don't have to say it right at that time, but the timing was most likely planned.
Alex_TheForestJun 20, 2021 10:06 AM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 27, 2021 3:47 AM

Jun 2020
New OP nice still the catchy band from the first OP which I find pleasing for this series, Finally the beach episode this is what we've all been waiting for right? I mean I was waiting for this, They all look so cute with their swimsuits each one of them

Very unusual to see Ohana being the customer and not her being the one who works and also Minko and Nako, Yuina has a fiance and he's a successor to this Inn as well really had me surprised there

A problem occurred and the 4 workers are leaving while there's the school field trip that's going on that is going to be one big issue.
Jan 8, 6:16 PM
May 2020
new op! was nice that it was an unconventional beach ep, cuz regular beach eps are pretty dry. also cool seeing ohana and them as guests and yuina's comments were interesting too and it feels like she def rejected the head guy

also head guy was a shit boss, yeah the part timers were likely not suited to the job but he clearly knew nothing about management or leadership
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

metalsnakezero - Apr 17, 2011

256 by kirA_-_ »»
Apr 22, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 25, 2011

327 by SlammyHammy »»
Jan 31, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 18, 2011

110 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jrittmayer - Sep 11, 2011

120 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Sep 4, 2011

122 by Lazulite »»
Jan 10, 12:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.