Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 2, 2008 8:25 AM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Reinhard may have been too generous. I was expecting him to pardon Reuental but giving him so much power I hope doesn't come back to bite him.

Reinhard made a hard line resolution but with what Rubinsky is planning, I wonder if he can maintain it. Yang won't be easy to take down so the battle may draw on for a long while. If an attempt is made on his sister's life that could affect his resolve.

The end of the episode with the ED music playing gave me an uneasy feeling. They're preparing for another lopsided battle but many of the scenes shown were all happy ones with the crew smiling, joking, and what looks like love interest between Karin and Julian. Happy scenes before a battle always give me the feeling that someone's going to die. And with such a large cast as this show, there are a lot of potential candidates.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Aug 17, 2008 4:50 PM

Sep 2007
Indeed. It's just a matter of narrowing down who could die in the coming battle.

On the alliance side, Schenkopp seems like he could be a sacrifice. He's a lovable character, but he's kind of reckless. Julian and Karin are probably safe for now, since their romance hasn't developed yet. Poplan has been getting a lot of attention recently, so he's another candidate for death...

For the Imperials, I'm guessing Mittermyer or Hilda. If Mittermyer goes down, Reuntal might decide to abandon Reinhard, which would be an interesting development. It's possible that Rubinsky will get Annerose, but I don't think it's very likely. If he does, Reinhard is going to lose it and probably kill Rubinsky.
Sep 23, 2008 11:27 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah, the end of this episode really gave off an epic yet uneasy vibe that probably hints at some tragic events coming up. Seems like this could be one of the most important battles coming up in the series so far.
Dec 24, 2008 7:16 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
actually, Yang Wenli may the one dying... After all, his disciple Julian can never become a master if he only walks in Yang's shadow....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 7, 2009 6:18 AM

Apr 2009
Indeed Reinhard was too generous, I could understand disregarding the rumours against Reuenthal, but in his effort to make it clear that he trusts him and heal the rift that was created between them, he went too far.

Also the episode's ending is really good, its so melancholic and beatifull, though I was only able to discern its true significance after I watched some more episodes... and even more after I finished the series.
Jun 24, 2009 6:14 PM

Apr 2009
Something big is going to happen. It may not be next episode, but somebody sometime soon is going to turn sides, or die, or do something very significant that will change the course of action in a big way. I dont know the exact way this is going to happen, but the ending of this episode made it very obvious that its coming soon.

Sep 25, 2009 1:27 AM

Jan 2009
Definetly something big is going to happen, just look at their "Happy moments". Anyways, besides that awkward feeling, we will be able to see, once more, a clash between Reinhard and Yang.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Oct 26, 2009 12:41 AM

Jun 2009
Great episode, that ends with, imo, one of the most memorable scenes in the series so far. I'm like the others, I just know something bad is going to happen.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 3, 2009 7:14 AM

Jul 2008
this episode's ending was happy in a sadly way..because it indicated that the upcoming events will be tragic..

as much as I don't want Reuenthal to betray Rienhard..but given such powerful position..it may be a big possibility...
LovoNov 3, 2009 8:00 AM
Dec 20, 2009 10:06 AM

Dec 2008
After this happy yet sad ending, it's obvious something big is going to happen. Probably a handful of people will die.
Dec 28, 2009 2:43 PM

Oct 2009
This is pretty epic. I can't wait to watch next episodes, but I feel sad when I think, that many heroes will die on both sides...
Jan 20, 2010 12:23 AM

Jan 2009
Aside from receiving an insignificant punishment, Reuenthal landed himself a huge position as Governor of Neue Land. That surely went south of Rubinsky's expectations... but as far as that recent fire was concerned, it won't look like he'll have a hard time making use of the aftermath.

The one thing in this episode that really got me was the scene where everyone was preparing for the upcoming fight at Iserlohn. Although they were preparing for death, it appeared that they all seemed to be having fun.
Jan 25, 2010 5:08 AM

Apr 2009
Cowabunga said:
After this happy yet sad ending, it's obvious something big is going to happen. Probably a handful of people will die.

yeah, that ending was kinda touchy >_<

Julian seeing those flashbacks with them.. damn...dont die Yang
May 10, 2010 7:57 AM

Aug 2008
This was a great episode.

A bit more sentimental than many of the previous ones. Great ending, too, of course.
Sep 30, 2010 8:58 AM
Jun 2010
something ugly is going to happen soon...

Only 34 episodes left, I wonder how they will conclude the story.

Oct 16, 2010 1:56 PM

May 2010
hah hah, *only* 34 episodes left. That's longer than most series, I doubt they will have difficulty tying the story up :)

Gad damn is this getting interesting! There was lots of introspective dialogue, the sudden sappy song, and lots of other strange scenes to animate. The story-telling seems to have reached a new level recently. I'm totally pumped for this battle!
“Money can't buy dere”
Nov 3, 2010 3:00 PM

Jan 2010
wow the last few minutes were so awesome,i loved every bit of the montage

but i don't like that the narator said it will leave a deep impact for both of them :\
just please no deaths(who am i kidding,it's obvious that probably a few important characters will die)

now i'm really starting to wonder...come on episode 82,faster xd

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Dec 28, 2010 6:03 PM

May 2010
Rubinsky, you survived 76 episodes. But no worries, Reinhard's hair will kill you soon
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Feb 6, 2011 4:11 PM

Apr 2009
tainteddonut said:
The end of the episode with the ED music playing gave me an uneasy feeling. They're preparing for another lopsided battle but many of the scenes shown were all happy ones with the crew smiling, joking, and what looks like love interest between Karin and Julian. Happy scenes before a battle always give me the feeling that someone's going to die. And with such a large cast as this show, there are a lot of potential candidates.

I feel exactly the same D: And the way Julian looks at Yang's photo in the ED...I hope they didn't spoiler us that way, if you know what I mean. I would hate to see that. Hate.
But since I like Poplan very much, I think he is going to die. Yeah, it's just a thing I have, most of my favourite characters are usually screwed in one way or another...one such example being Kircheis. I just hope Mittermeyer is ok at the end xD
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Mar 15, 2011 8:45 PM
Jul 2010
Great ending

Reinhard really has changed, but not in the way that makes us say "Oh look he learned something." It's a lot more sad than that, and makes me think "If only Kircheis were alive..."
Aug 27, 2011 10:44 PM
Jun 2011
So Reuental is now the second most powerful man in the universe? I wonder what Oberstein thinks.
Dec 17, 2011 1:10 PM
Feb 2011
Wow this upcoming battle is gonna be epic. Yang usually sloths around when thinking up battle plans that floor Imperial admirals, and now we see him all serious at his desk. He knows this will be difficult.

Lots of deaths upcoming..
Jan 22, 2012 10:44 PM

Sep 2009
That ED being so calm and soul effecting really sets the tension up to eleven.
Feb 15, 2012 3:57 PM

Aug 2010
This episode was amazing. I KNOW something bad is going to happen.
Feb 23, 2012 6:06 AM
Aug 2010
Seabury said:
hah hah, *only* 34 episodes left

god I realize I also thought there was "only" 34 episodes left

this series is really grandiose

May 15, 2012 10:48 AM

Feb 2012
Reinhard and Emil's platonic relationship makes me laugh, if only because Reinhard is obviously asexual anyway.

naikou said:
On the alliance side, Schenkopp seems like he could be a sacrifice. He's a lovable character, but he's kind of reckless. Julian and Karin are probably safe for now, since their romance hasn't developed yet. Poplan has been getting a lot of attention recently, so he's another candidate for death...

For the Imperials, I'm guessing Mittermyer or Hilda. If Mittermyer goes down, Reuntal might decide to abandon Reinhard, which would be an interesting development. It's possible that Rubinsky will get Annerose, but I don't think it's very likely. If he does, Reinhard is going to lose it and probably kill Rubinsky.
wakka9ca said:
actually, Yang Wenli may the one dying... After all, his disciple Julian can never become a master if he only walks in Yang's shadow....

I consider most of these possibilities. Schenkopp finally meeting his daughter is a minor death flag, and Poplan would be easy to kill off because his role within the plot itself is fairly minor. Mittermeyer is a strong candidate -- symbolically, Reuenthal is bound to Reinhard through Mittermeyer (and I doubt the placement of that flashback in episode 75 was a coincidence), so if he died, nothing would be restraining Reuenthal. I agree that Annerose seems unlikely at this point, because we haven't even seen her in person this season.

As for Yang...I won't rule him out. I made the mistake of ruling Siegfried out before episode 26, so I won't make the mistake of ruling out any character again. Julian has become more than strong enough as a character to stand in Yang's place, even though he'd have to grow into that role.

Whatever does happen, I expect it to happen in the fabled episode 82.
Aug 4, 2013 9:59 PM

Jun 2013
That fire was CRAZY!

Someone needs to get that Rubinsky for real.....
Aug 5, 2013 6:55 PM

Aug 2008
I'm always slightly amused every time I see Hildegard with that slight look of frustration, bemusement and exasperation with Reinhard. Seriously, he needs to listen to her a bit more often but I suppose the all important need to unify the galaxy and to fight Yang means not listening to sense.
Sep 24, 2013 9:56 AM

Nov 2009
When they clash it is going to be sad . . . Their is no way both can have a "happy" ending, and to think things were going so good for Yang once he retired. Oh well.
Oct 11, 2013 9:34 PM

Jul 2011
Reinhard is very affectionate towards Emil... I mean giving his sleeprobe to him and sweeping his hair in a field a roses. Ahaha... :>

Well, I can't wait to see who will die in the next bit. I'm excited, yet I dread for episode 82 since it's been brought up quite a few times in the recent episodes.
Jan 5, 2014 5:27 AM
Oct 2011
OHMY GOD

LOGH PLeASE
Jan 12, 2014 4:04 AM

Sep 2013
Dang, this episode was really touching. That conversation with Reinhard and his servant was somehow so bittersweet. Then they switched to Iserlohn fortress and played my favorite ending song of perhaps all time, with that very silent walking and waiting for the upcoming battle. I could feel the tension in the air. This show is just so good.

I can already feel some big losses are going to happen. :O
Feb 6, 2014 6:02 AM
Feb 2011
gswelcome said:
I'm always slightly amused every time I see Hildegard with that slight look of frustration, bemusement and exasperation with Reinhard. Seriously, he needs to listen to her a bit more often but I suppose the all important need to unify the galaxy and to fight Yang means not listening to sense.
Who needs Hilda when he has little redhead Emil? But seriously, he just listens to what he wants to hear. Hilda deserves more love.

I just love the laxness of the Yang Fleet, preparing to "fight the battle with all their whim and foppery," but they all know the big picture ahead of them. Those logo designs were funny, too. I won't bother guessing who's gonna kick the bucket since I've been wrong way too many times.
Apr 2, 2014 12:03 AM

Sep 2008
Those preparing scenes in Isenlohn gives me very bad feeling. I am not sure if only one will die. I think it will be massacre and I would not be surprised if half of our cast would die.
Aug 9, 2014 6:26 AM

Nov 2013
The montage at the end was great c: Aside from katerose's walk animation missing anything remotely well animated, it was if she was doing some sort of reverse moonwalk O.o
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Oct 13, 2014 8:32 PM

Dec 2010
Honestly, this episode made me appreciate the third ED. It was just used so well in this ep, I can't even explain. Nonetheless, great episode here, and serves as a good bridge into the events that will inevitably end season 3.
I'm in a band! Check it here-
https://fanlink.to/tropicvibez
Nov 14, 2014 5:02 PM

Mar 2012
Kinda obvious now that Emil is Reinhard's mini Kircheis lol.
Mar 7, 2015 8:18 AM

Aug 2014
I can't wait to see how Reindhart is gonna beat Wenli!
Jun 3, 2015 2:33 AM
Nov 2014
It was so great to see Reinhard's development in this series, he has really turned into something of a legendary figure. Really liked that they add teh ED song while showing the alliance preparing themselves for war, I'm so hyped :P
Jun 19, 2015 7:13 AM

May 2012
Oh boy this episode felt like an ending of the series or something but well to be honest this was really great and I do wonder what will happen next!
Jul 17, 2015 5:22 AM

Dec 2013
Holy shit that fire was massive! The montage stuff towards the end was nice :)
Jun 21, 2016 4:00 PM

Aug 2014
Looks like Dominic has finally had it up to here with Rubinsky's shit, can't say I blame the girl lol.

Oberstein won't be pleased at all to hear about Reuenthal's promotion.
Jun 14, 2017 6:10 AM
Nov 2011
Nov 15, 2017 9:43 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The Rubinsky plan ended badly, but he has another plan in ready!!! a cruel man!!!
Feb 16, 2018 11:28 AM

May 2016
Gotta love that ending montange, the fact that Kaiser gave Reuntal a chance for rebellion is now established, I wonder if he would do something after all that fuss.

Apr 23, 2018 4:57 PM

Jul 2012
So.. something big is coming. This episode was quite heartwarming, Reinhard's decision was interesting. I may have something in my eyes after watching the credits with the song lyrics and those scenes on the screen :(
Why, you say... Don't you get it?

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.
May 14, 2018 12:44 PM
Apr 2018
So Reuental got promoted.... Yeah, that was unexpected. Wish I could have seen Lang's face! Oberstein had better watch out too!

We got confirmation that Reinhard prefers war to peace. Yeah, he's really not a good guy. He's a good ruler, but way too blood thirsty. Why can't he just give one planet independence and end the war right now?

Loved the conversation between the three admirals at Odin, they are some of my favourite people. Reinhard really is stretching his army too thinly and that will work against him.

Rubinksi is still plotting! He's going to try and stage an assassination of the sister. Good idea. No loss to me as I don't like her either. Will he use the church or the Goldenbalm's to do it?

The fire was an accident, but it was nice to see the PKC finally get what was coming to them!

Yeah, most of our main characters will eventually die I think. Julian will be the sole survivor.

Power rankings:

1) The Empire. Put aside the Reuental issues for now and it's time to attack!
2) Yang. Oh dear you guys are in trouble. Just keep using the Thor Hammer!Of course El Facil likely will be completely attacked as it is defenceless. I fear trying to protect that and the fortress will be their downfall.
3) Rubinski. Still plotting. But like Reinhard without an heir it's all pointless right? Dominic doesn't want her children to suffer like the previous heir.
4) The Earth Cult. Suffered big loses with the end of the PKC but don't count out the bishop just yet.
5) The Goldenbalm's. We finally got mention of these guys for the first time in forever! They are still around, somewhere...

MVP- Maybe Reinhard for ignoring the rumours about Reuental and promoting him... Though giving him this much power is surely a mistake... It wouldn't surprise me if he plotted having his girl say what she did so when the charges were dropped he'd get promoted. He is "aiming higher" after all....
Oct 30, 2018 3:24 AM
Apr 2018
Yep, Reinhard's decision on Reuental was too much. It'll definitely go against him. I can't wait for the whole universe to be known as "Reuental's Galactic Brothel".

I had forgotten about the PKC. I'm happy they were bodied by the empire, even if they were innocent.
Nov 8, 2018 10:55 PM

Feb 2017
Headpats from Kaiser Reinhard von Lohengramm are the greatest honour in the universe.
Nov 20, 2019 10:09 PM

Oct 2012
Seems like Reuntal got a pretty high position
I don't know if it's a really good idea, because if he did rebel for his "ambition"
There will be a lot of problems

No Rubinsky, you don't deserve easy death by your "son"

I'm kinda sad for Yang's army
I'm always rooting for him, but the odds are too small this time :(
The ending made me uneasy for some reasons
"Signature removed"
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 29, 2008

58 by ELuck42 »»
Yesterday, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.