Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 9:28 PM

Dec 2021
Big and bold via hologram. He probably wouldn't have done that face-to-face.

Does Higan not understand that, you know... being a ninja is being kept a secret? Why is he so calm about Mike casually revealing everything about ninjas to the public? Whatever, man, there are more issues than that when it comes to this show. Then you have Joseph clowning on the ninjas... like, do you not realize that without them, Higan would have been wiped out by you and your AUZA goons... right?? This whole Gusoku Gear really ruined anything the show had going for it in terms of fighting, like I didn't come for mechs, I came for hand-to-hand combat... what the heck is this?

At least something good came out of this episode with Mike and Emma being badasses. In most instances, I would be mad that they offscreened most of Higan and Big D's fight, but since it was a CG mech battle, maybe it was for the best. And yeah... there goes the only decent character in this show, all thanks to that Joseph prick. Emma and Mike had good chemistry too, so that's the saddest part... oh well, some character development is needed for Mike anyways, so woo-hoo.

In the end, at least Emma didn't die alone, but surrounded by people who care for her, face mask or not.

Apr 6, 11:19 PM

Mar 2014
NOOO why did they have to let Emma die :(

Feels like a step back in personal growth so now Higan's back in REVENGE mode
Apr 7, 1:15 AM
Dec 2023
RIP Emma
That barber probably getting PAID to cut 1 hair everyday
Apr 7, 3:31 AM
May 2021
Damn RIP Emma so that wasnt her true identity. Lets see what happens from here on out!
Apr 7, 3:46 AM

Jul 2020
good thing the mecha fight was short and unimposing, the iron man suits really need to go
Emma was my favorite character; it was clear that someone was gonna die soon, since the beginning of the episode I secretly hoped Mike would die instead of her though
Apr 7, 3:56 AM

May 2016
Emma was the best thing about the whole series, and now she's gone.... :P I'm sorry, but the remaining three dudes don't have enough chemistry to carry the show.
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Apr 7, 4:25 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Enma was the first in fall, sad!
kekeke
Apr 7, 4:32 AM
Sep 2015
3 episodes left, can't see how this's going to be better. The only thing it can do is trying not to get worse.
Apr 7, 4:57 AM

Sep 2023
This anime sure went downhill fast. The fights in this episode were really bad and everything else was just... kinda boring?
Apr 7, 5:09 AM
Nov 2020
This is one of the dumbest character deaths I have ever seen in anime. Ever since Emma saved Higan I have been wondering why she doesn't ever use her Iron Ninja suit(you know the one she was wearing ever since she was introduced and had her big fight in as well) and now I know if she continued wearing it there would be no way to kill her in a big dumb explosion. Even then it looked stupid because there were functioning Iron Ninja suits acting as meat shields. At this point, it feels like they didn't have any time to write a script and decided to just let chatGPT write the whole thing for them in a hurry and even the good 2D fight scenes that attracted me to this in the first place have been completely replaced by CGI ones. This series just keeps tumbling down a mountain with every single episode.
Apr 7, 6:20 AM

Jun 2014
Getting a fade every single day is insane lol. I know bro probably tips his barber well though.

Well after a fakeout death a few episodes ago, Emma dies for real this time. A shame, since she was a good character. Definitely feels like she didn't have to just stand there and take the explosion though. She's a ninja, she isn't fast enough to evade it? Even if not completely, at least enough to sustain some treatable injuries at worst. Well we're in the final stretch now, so let's see how the story wraps up.

IzanaSolos said:
Why is he so calm about Mike casually revealing everything about ninjas to the public?

I would assume that if Higan succeeds in taking down the organization, the ninjas can move on from that life and live freely. At that point I imagine the public knowing about them won't matter much.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 7, 7:21 AM
Nov 2019
masih menjadi ninja terbaik
My Candies :
Apr 7, 7:33 AM
Dec 2022
Man I can’t believe they let Emma go like that, RIP Emma🥲
Apr 7, 7:34 AM

Apr 2022
blud really getting fresh fades on the daily.
Apr 7, 7:52 AM

May 2021
Quality of animation went down since he started being a robot. First few episodes were heaven in coordination and readability. This new CGI shit, not so much.
Apr 7, 8:06 AM
Apr 2021
NOOOOOO not Emma man she was such a good character and for some strange reason she was looking EXTRA fine in this episode with that outfit she had on, maybe that’s why they made her look so pretty bc this was the last time we were gonna see her on the screen again😢

Idk how ppl are complains about the animation the 2D is still great and the CGI is some of the most fluid CGI I’ve seen it’s up there with Trigun Stampede imo, it’s just that some of you ppl don’t like mechs which is a shame bc this wasn’t a show that was gonna be primarily about ninjas it was said they live in a futuristic world
Apr 7, 10:18 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Emma died for real this time and Big D went out in a blaze of glory after loosing to Higan despite Auza's interference. Really feel bad for Mike as it looks like he lost two daughters that were close to him. Yamaji and AUZA CEO Joseph are clearly not on the same page and Joseph is starting to desperate as his plans is starting to fall apart. It looks like Zai has his own Gusoku Gear which he'll be using now that its complete.
Apr 7, 1:15 PM
Apr 2023
Ah man. That was a real tear jerker, and didn't expect Emma to go out like that, but she was amazing how she protected others until the end.

Didn't see it coming at all, but was then extra poignant from Emma and Mike talking about protecting each other so they can have a good life after it's all over 🥲🥲🥲
Apr 7, 4:26 PM

Mar 2010
I am waiting for the glasses enemy to get killed by the ninja leader lol. Yelling at him like that is like stepping on a dragons tail and these angry-type enemies... do not live long lol . I hope Zai will join Higan :/ but the show needs a final fight or something.

Well it sucks they kill the one with a decent backstory. :( Sad episode
StardewApr 7, 4:29 PM
Apr 7, 7:11 PM

Dec 2022
damn... thought that whole ep was just gonna be Predator-esque action schlock start to finish... damn... took me by surprise. sad!
Apr 7, 7:53 PM

Jan 2011
They let Big D and Emma die in the same episode.....that stings man but they did both deaths so well. They treated Big D well. He went out like a boss.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Apr 8, 12:30 AM

Mar 2019
I went from being disappointed at the recent story developments (the mechs) to now actually hating all of what I'm watching. That was so dumb. The ninja suits have the capability of being turned into mini nukes? How does that work?

I hated everything about this episode. The animation looks like ass now. Even the visuals that don't involve the mech suits looks comically bad.

And the show lost a lot of its edge. I don't mind a little bit of comedy and feel good moments, but they've been leaning too heavily into it the last 2 episodes or so. Mike and the hacker were amusing for an episode or two, but now they're annoying. They tried to get it all back on track with Emma's death and Higan's promise at the end to destroy the clan, but it doesn't feel the same. Only three episodes left so no point in dropping it, but goddamn what a nosedive.
Apr 8, 4:53 AM

Jul 2010
Reply to poemofdevil
I went from being disappointed at the recent story developments (the mechs) to now actually hating all of what I'm watching. That was so dumb. The ninja suits have the capability of being turned into mini nukes? How does that work?

I hated everything about this episode. The animation looks like ass now. Even the visuals that don't involve the mech suits looks comically bad.

And the show lost a lot of its edge. I don't mind a little bit of comedy and feel good moments, but they've been leaning too heavily into it the last 2 episodes or so. Mike and the hacker were amusing for an episode or two, but now they're annoying. They tried to get it all back on track with Emma's death and Higan's promise at the end to destroy the clan, but it doesn't feel the same. Only three episodes left so no point in dropping it, but goddamn what a nosedive.
@poemofdevil no truer words were spoken, and by Kenshiro himself nonetheless

I am a bit sad Emma died since it was the most interesting character in the entire show. But as you said, really not much point in dropping it, we must finish it, rate it 4-6/10 and forget it ever existed
Apr 8, 11:52 AM

Jan 2009
this is bullshit emma died now

and the animation is so weak now too
Apr 8, 12:54 PM
Jan 2021
Damn, Emma was a real one until the end. RIP Legend
Apr 9, 9:26 AM
Sep 2021
Sad that Emma is no more, the final battle & conclusion are remaining.
Apr 9, 9:59 AM

Jan 2024
Don't worry, I was sure Emma died before too while fighting against that pervert ninja. She will appear next episode again like nothing happened lol.
Apr 9, 12:29 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
RIP Emma. Her death felt a bit silly after all the expertise she's shown so far.

And yeah, the animation quality declined some
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 9, 5:38 PM

May 2021
Shoots at the face and gets hit somewhere near the stomach. I mean, it wasn't even visible.

Apr 10, 5:56 PM

May 2018
Emma... My ship for her and Higan just caught fire and crumbled into the sea.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Apr 10, 7:46 PM
Mar 2024
The death scene of one the characters was freaking stupid.
Apr 12, 4:25 PM

May 2009
Why did cylinder hair guy have his arms bound inside his powersuit?
Apr 12, 11:02 PM
Jun 2021
this show fell off man hurts to see it

gonna finish it cuz i got this far
Apr 13, 10:07 AM
Dec 2013
Oh, Emma died? Okay. But it's hard for me to feel sad or shocked about a death of a good guy character if I've known them for less than 15 episodes. Plus, I never liked Emma anyway.
wildhoodApr 13, 10:10 AM
Apr 14, 2:49 AM

Aug 2013
Could've gotten a kill with a headshot but went for the chest; strong plot armor.

Guess there'll be some more action coming up.
Apr 14, 8:32 AM

Dec 2018
Wow...way too sad. A good character deserves a good death and this was Emma's. So sad to see her go.
Apr 17, 6:06 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Okay episode, the cg mech battle was meh and Emma dying was probably the worst part of the episode
Apr 18, 4:31 PM
Feb 2014
😭Emma. Why fake out 💀 then real 💀?
Apr 19, 12:49 AM
Dec 2022
very big oh dear. rip one of the like 3 good characters in the show
Apr 20, 2:53 PM

Oct 2018
How could a fully trained ninja like Emma not run from that explosion?
Apr 21, 3:20 AM

May 2015
Ninjas doing ninja stuff!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 23, 11:46 AM
Oct 2018
This is the WORST TROPE WORST WRITING
I HATE THE FIRST BAIT EPISODE AGGGGHHHH
Apr 27, 9:46 AM

Jun 2021
Writers just really had to cut Emma out either way, sucksssss.
She will be missed, RIP
Apr 27, 6:09 PM
Dec 2022
cried like a baby at emma’s death

she will be missed dearly 🥲💔🥀
May 1, 8:36 AM
Dec 2022
They rushed the fights like crazy and the animation fell off

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 4

90 by CanoUnchained »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 4 Discussion

FireRifle64 - Mar 2

43 by xZabuzax »»
22 minutes ago

» When did this anime start going downhill?

xZabuzax - Yesterday

20 by sung_jinzero_69 »»
3 hours ago

» Mecha vs Powered armor suits

Hartm12 - Yesterday

8 by Hartm12 »»
Yesterday, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

IzanaSolos - Feb 10

218 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Yesterday, 11:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.