Forum Settings
Forums

Heyya~ How did you find your favorite anime?

New
Mar 28, 7:47 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Greetings everyone~

How did you stumble upon your favorite anime? Through lucky random watching? or someone's recommendation? or some unique ways you only experienced maybe? ^.^

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 28, 8:00 AM

Dec 2019
Netflix! I watched naruto and bleach growing up and I was just on netflix and I just randomly decided to watch an anime on netflix! So I watched deathnote(my fav) and thats when I truly got into anime
Mar 28, 8:03 AM

Feb 2020
"Heyya~ How did you find your favorite anime?"

Randomly from Google, I guess.
Mar 28, 8:08 AM

Dec 2022
Date A Live. I used to search on google for anime. And one day I searched "best harem anime to watch". And that's how I found DAL.

-Tohka is better than Kurumi. You can't change my mind. 

Mar 28, 8:10 AM
Oct 2019
Steins;Gate/Grisaia/Ben-To/Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S and high school dxd was when I brought them to build my collection end up becoming annual rewatch for the dear place they hold in my heart.

Hibike Euphonium/No Game No Life/High School of the dead/Gabriel Dropout/New Game/Ryouuo no Oshigoto and Sakura Quest just usual binging but end discovering gold that those still hold a place today.

Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata was in my first weekly seasonal I still remember watching the last episode on the way to work in the autobus with tear in the eyes but how much I just loved my time with the characters.

Neptunia discovered because of a meme end up becoming a hard supporter of the franchise afterward. To this day I still pre order every single release on console for the franchise and also brought again the franchise on Steam. Have the series twice (limited edition and essential) plus all regular edition for the games.
Mar 28, 8:11 AM

Dec 2023
I was just scrolling through a list of anime and found it
Mar 28, 8:14 AM

Nov 2017
"Heyya~ How did you find your favorite anime?"

I just downloaded some random animes from internet.
Mar 28, 8:14 AM

Apr 2023
i dont have a favorite anime but one anime is very special for me and it is my first anime in a same time i saw a one video of to love ru 5 year ago i was 13 when i saw it and i clicked it i saw momo devluke and i thougth she is preety then i watched it yeah my first anime was echi but i liked it so much then i start to watch anime
Mar 28, 8:29 AM

Apr 2019
I'm a list addict, the one i found most favorites on is Uber Elitist Club's Plebs list. https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3912/15229802082_bebf3a6032_o.png

Mar 28, 8:32 AM

Nov 2023
I saw, I watched, I liked, I added. Simple....
But it's so good, I've never known anybody like you
But it's so good, I've never dreamed of nobody like you
And I've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime
And I'm pretty sure that you are that love of mine
Mar 28, 8:47 AM

May 2018
How

With underwater sonar...a quite expensive piece of equipment I must say.
Mar 28, 9:06 AM

Nov 2021
Illegally downloaded it off of the internet after 4chan was talking about it.
Taiga best girl forever.
Mar 28, 9:35 AM

Jun 2020
I watched Bocchi after a long anime break because I wanted to hate on it since it looked like it was just another comedy pandering to losers..

But it’s love for music and great characters made me love it
Mar 28, 9:39 AM

Jan 2009
gurren lagann was very popular back in 2007 so i was curious and watch it too
Mar 28, 9:43 AM
Aug 2017
By tickling my butthole and sharting after eating too many hot pockets uwu
Mar 28, 10:30 AM
Feb 2024
I currently don't have a favorite anime so to speak, but I found my favorite manga through an anime so I'll use that. I found Akira through the Eldritch Transformation page in Tv Tropes.
Mar 28, 11:06 AM

Jul 2020
my fav anime is steins gate and i have no idea how i found it
Mar 28, 11:52 AM

Jul 2014
Oh, it's a pretty weird story, actually. I didn't have much internet access when I was a kid, but I was into anime regardless and would buy pretty much any DVD I thought looked interesting, especially since anime DVDs were something of a rarity in South Africa. Bought a copy of Ghost in the Shell and it had a trailer for End of Evangelion. I thought it looked cool but I kinda memory-holed it for a year or two until I found a second hand copy of Death and Rebirth at an outdoor market by the beach. The guy selling them told me it was a great series and that it’s a must for anyone into anime so ended up picking it up. I was 15 at the time, around Shinji's age.

I ended up watching it the very next morning and, while it was obviously a condensed recap, I was awestruck by a lot of the bizarre imagery and the dark, morose themes and subject matter. Ended up watching the full show a couple of months later and fell head over heels. It's been more than 10 years and I've yet to see something that resonates in the same way.
LoveLikeBloodMar 28, 11:55 AM
Take care of yourself

Mar 28, 11:58 AM

May 2020
My older brother introduced me to Steins Gate...

I love Okabe's antics at first but its not the reason why i love the show,

I love its timetravel plot...

Koe no Katachi on the other hand is the first non shounen jump movie i watched & its honestly relatable for me personally...

I mentioned 2 because both of them are tied in my number 1 spot...
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Mar 28, 12:03 PM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Randomly started watching it/them since they started airing and looked interesting. Quite simple as that.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Mar 28, 12:04 PM

Jan 2023
Think it was a mix of Pinterest photos of Lena and YouTube clips of 86. I honestly don’t remember.

"You win this round. You doggies."
Mar 28, 12:43 PM
Oct 2019
I think i started with "Ghost stories" on YouTube! Then i searched through the web and found amazing anime movies, and there i found the gems "Spirited Away" and "Howl's Moving Castle". These two movies will always be my favorite. And when i was finished with all the amazing anime movies, i started watching series and i somehow stumbled upon "Haikyu". Gosh i love that show so much!! There are many more like,

Natsume Yuujinchou
Mushishi
Xxxholic
Slam Dunk
Great Teacher Onizuka
Ghost hunt
City Hunter
Death Note
Monster
Parasyte the Maxim
Diamond no Ace
Yuri on Ice
Ballroom e Youkoso
Junjou Romantica
Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
Death Parade
Great Pretender
Banana fish
91 Days
Gangsta
Hajime no Ippo
Nana
Skip beat
Lovely Complex
Yawara
Kuragehime
Jigoku shoujo
Samurai champlo
Peacock1999Mar 28, 12:51 PM
Mar 28, 12:54 PM

Jan 2022
I asked some retard on telegram with an anime pfp for anime recommendations and he recommended some dogshit anime but he also recommended Konosuba and I watched that and I got into chain watching isekai anime.
I regret my life decisions.
Mar 28, 12:54 PM

Jun 2020
I found many great shows thanks to random compilations on youtube
Mar 28, 12:57 PM
Dec 2023
From randomly watching new seasonal animes.
Mar 28, 1:08 PM

Dec 2015
Sorted by most watched on a pirate anime website 10 years ago
Mar 28, 1:12 PM

Jul 2019
Probably mentions of it on Youtube or at random watching. I really don't remember.
Mar 28, 1:15 PM

May 2022
I found it from how popular it was and how much I hear about it all the time so I decided to start off the show with the 2003 one.
Mar 28, 1:18 PM

Feb 2014
I was a kid watching TV, and it began airing in my go-to children's cartoon TV channel.
Mar 28, 1:21 PM

Jun 2023
Madlax: Around 2007, I'd look at the synopsis for series on Robert's Anime Corner Store, and that's how I came across it.

Cowboy Bebop and Eva: [adult swim]

I honestly don't remember how I came across my other favorites.
Mar 28, 1:37 PM

Jul 2010
It was really popular back then, probably that's the reason.
Mar 28, 3:17 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
I had seen a bit of the Ghost in the shell movie back in the early 2000's and later when I really got into anime thought I'd actually watch the whole thing. I did, but then I also found out there was a TV anime.
Mar 28, 3:28 PM

May 2021
jjk s1 - just through mal and saw it has a decent score

Mar 28, 3:41 PM

Sep 2022
I found my favorite anime through random anime watching.
Mar 28, 3:47 PM

Nov 2017
idk, i just rewatch some of my list, and then i can't stop watching it, then i realize "oh i love this anime so much, and i don't even care how many times i rewatch it"
Mar 28, 4:23 PM
Aug 2016
I usually search by TOP ANIMES and then also by genres i like more. I also do a bit of looking to a lot of different profiles to see their top animes, i might like it as well.

From now on, i have more than +150 Plan To Watch. I tend to watch only "animes that i think i will like and that they are decently good, at least more than >6,5 rating, there are exceptions of course".

Also, if your favourite anime (i know u have more than 1, but is an example) is X. Then you can see, which people have rated that same anime with a 10-9. And watch their profiles. Because they will have the same taste as you (more or less) and they can know animes u havent watch.

So i found more or less all the animes by searching and searching.
Mar 28, 5:39 PM

May 2019
Randomly while watching gong base in 2012.
Mar 28, 6:02 PM

Mar 2024
my dad. we have the same taste in anime and i grew up watching it with him.

he recommends me stuff regularly. evangelion holds a special place in his heart (and mine now, too), and he was the one who convinced me to watch it. he recently gifted me his copies of the eva photography artbooks, which have been out-of-print for a long time now. i consider them to be my two most prized possessions.

we still regularly watch anime together, too. we're currently watching FMAB (he's just rewatching - don't ask how i never managed to see it, i don't know either) and just finished frieren.

the majority of my favorites were recommended/watched with him.

• FLCL
  • shinseki evangelion
  • mononoke hime
  • koe no katachi
  • sosou no frieren

Mar 28, 6:40 PM

Feb 2016
Ah yes, I was reading Death Note and Naruto and for some reason decided to do a little searching about "sadistic anime characters" (until this day I don't know why) and a few good looking Do-S fellas appeared, one of them left me like "Him, I want to see where he come from" and then I got the name of the anime and watched some of the openings of that anime and one thing led to another and thanks to Okita Sougo, that one picture of him on the list, Gintama is my favourite anime.

I miss Gintama...
Mar 28, 6:49 PM

Aug 2015
Shinsekai Yori.

I don't really remember clearly, but I think it was because a fansub that I liked at the time was finishing the project. I read the premise and I found it interesting.
Mar 28, 7:02 PM

Feb 2021
I didn't realize I was watching what would become my favorite anime, I just knew I was watching something great.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Mar 28, 7:45 PM
Aug 2023
I gave it a try after seeing some youtube vids about it lmao
Mar 28, 8:17 PM
Oct 2023
I'm not entirely sure how I just saw people on youtube talking about mob psycho 100 and thought it looked interesting lol
Mar 28, 8:19 PM
Jul 2023
I discovered samurai champloo from myanimelist and it is so good!
Mar 28, 9:51 PM

Oct 2010
death note - I was randomly browsing the tv stations till I saw it on animax, it looked cool
fmab - I read somewhere that fma will get a remake so I watched it
ghost in the shell - I saw it on animax because that's what was there was airing then
noein - I was browsing the top anime list and the synopsis looked interesting
evangelion - I saw a random youtube video which had asuka in it and I found her hot
rahxephon - it was recommended if you liked eva and I liked eva so I watched it
shingeki no kyojin - I knew about the manga but the art was trash, I decided to start it in order not to get spoiled because shingeki was everywhere in 2013 and I was intrigued about how beloved it was
Mar 28, 10:38 PM
Feb 2021
Gintama, I dropped it 2 times within 10 episodes because I thought that this type of comedy is not for me.

I remember it was college summer holidays and I decided to give Gintama one more chance, at that point I had watched a lot of anime.

After watching 20 something episodes Gintama just became something precious to me, and fast-forward to today, it's like home, whenever I feel lonely (which I do almost every day) I just go back to Gintama and feel really happy that this masterpiece exists.
Mar 28, 10:43 PM
Oct 2019
Honestly I was randomly going through my PTW list during the summer of COVID-19 and I’m so lucky I found “Re:Zero” <3 so hyped for SEASON 3 coming soon!
Mar 28, 10:49 PM

Aug 2010
Clannad AS: it was on MAL's Top 10 so I was always aware of it.. though I only started watching it because it was recommended + I know the story was written by the same person who did another anime that I really liked (Angel Beats!)
Mar 29, 7:33 AM

Feb 2018

Heyya~ How did you find your favorite anime?

SUPER-DIMENSIONAL FORTRESS MACROSS... by proxy of it's mid-80's US/WORLD Localization, "ROBOTECH"

a Nephew got me started by Happenstance when i was a young boy... giving me this transformable model kit
of the principal poster boy Mecha from the series;

half a dozen years on, - in my middle-teens -
my dad got me this smaller-scale, non-transformable model of the same Mecha, in one of it's three transformation modes;

in 1996, i began to find dual-episode ROBOTECH VHS Cassettes at my local mall's "SUNCOAST VIDEO"

in the same year, i found my very first Anime Magazine at SUNCOAST...
which piqued my interest so hard that it was a one-way road to OTAKUdom for me from thence onward;

[URL=https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/ll310/shaorin-chan/Patlabor-Animerica-October-1996-Cover.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
Mar 29, 7:48 AM

Nov 2023
1. Searched for a concept I had came up with and got inaccurate results,

2 a recommendation of an a show I found in the Made in Abyss recommendation

3. Youtube essays
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Why are so many ecchi enjoyers overweight?

EverRealm - 2 hours ago

17 by Shipfan66 »»
1 minute ago

» Best Trap Character in Anime? ( 1 2 )

GoatPieceLuffy - 2 hours ago

52 by Spunkert »»
4 minutes ago

» Categorize your Profile Favorite Characters as sadist, masochist, or switch

IpreferEcchi - 4 minutes ago

0 by IpreferEcchi »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - Yesterday

23 by epidemia78 »»
12 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

36 by epidemia78 »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.