Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 21, 2015 3:06 PM

Aug 2014
This Episode was perfect , so great and original i loved it . best episode yet.

OST is so beautiful .
Dec 2, 2015 4:08 PM
Feb 2015
This episode was fucking excellent

Akashi didn't appear tho
Jan 12, 2016 10:43 PM

Apr 2015
I'm going to have to agree with the general consensus here: this has been my favorite episode so far. While the episodes I think are just good but nothing great are keeping me from bumping my score on the series as a whole up anymore, this is definitely in my top 10 anime episodes of all time.

"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jan 15, 2016 5:28 PM

Jul 2013
This was a hilarious episode, love it so much. Poor Johnny, he had a hard life.
Jan 15, 2016 8:57 PM

Aug 2014
JOHNNY! Hang in there!~ This episode was funny xD
sup
Feb 1, 2016 8:07 AM

Apr 2015
This episode angered me so much, such an insane decision by watashi.
Feb 3, 2016 10:58 AM

Sep 2015
Oh my, this was the best episode so far, imo!!

All the scenes envolving Johnny were just so funny xD
Aug 17, 2016 4:03 AM

Jul 2008
Wait WHAT? Now he has the love doll?!
Aug 21, 2016 6:05 PM

Oct 2013
What an fun episode.

Dec 25, 2016 3:31 PM

Feb 2016
This episode was pure gold I couldn't stop laughing haha.
Jan 5, 2017 6:11 PM

Mar 2016
seems like akashi is appearing less and less with every episode. now there's just that little doll
lmao them johnny scenes though
Aure0linJan 5, 2017 6:22 PM
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Feb 4, 2017 2:27 AM

Oct 2012
Voice acting ++
Can't ask for better one xD

That monologue.. That was really deep
Johnny lol, hold it please
"Signature removed"
Mar 9, 2017 8:14 PM
Oct 2016
People keep saying no Akashi this time, but I'm almost certain Akashi was the pen pal person who wanted to meet with him.
Jul 17, 2017 3:04 PM

Mar 2014
this episode was the best I don't even know what comment. Ozu news, the drinking game and te whole johnny exchange were my favourite bits. This series is so witty and refreshing.
Nov 3, 2017 10:35 AM
Jul 2018
poor johnny. if only i was in that guys shoes gahahahahahaha

:(
May 10, 2018 1:18 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
vigil said:
This episode was the funniest so far. Hang in there Johnny!

True, definitly way better than last episode. Poor Johnny, and this folks is what we call cockblocked!
If I was on his situation, there would be no reason to hesitate, I mean that girl really wanted something, there is no reason to not give in and have some fun, as long as you know the boundaries.

For moments I was disgusted thinking it was Ozu all along in disguise, thankfully not.
May 12, 2018 11:40 PM

Jul 2012
That was the best episode so far. Masterfully done when he went to go drink with her and Jougasaki.

Some progress. I see where things are going. It'll probably dip into a more intense romance at the end since Akashi hasn't shown up much lately.
Aug 8, 2018 3:11 AM

May 2016
He finally realized dedicating two years of his life on focusing towards just one club is a massive waste of time so he decided to go all out with the multiple clubs and now he's at a romantic crossroads~

Hanuki and his passionately aggressive but emotional English were my favorite parts of the episode. It might sound ridiculous but the delivery connects to the listeners on a deeper level in a very amusing way.

It didn't come to me that the pervy dentist sent some sort of dick pic until his less than subtle thoughts about Hanuki fondling the Tokyo Tower and that even less subtle optical illusion with Jougasaki. Big Chin Higuchi being her boyfriend was a bigger surprise though.

I initially felt that the cowboy was really out of place right from the opening but when Johnny made his first appearance as his repressed sexual urges, it was quite a hilarious sight. Johnny's appearance being based on Woody is definitely appropriate.

Hanuki can definitely hold her liquor better than an elephant would. Despite the really naughty things that were happening including that gum massage that even surpassed my first impression of Nisemonogatari's toothbrush scene, he still didn't try to take advantage of her drunkeness. He wasnt getting on third base after all but at least she made the right call to trust him as a close friend and drinking buddy.

Sep 5, 2018 8:23 PM
Mar 2017
The gum massage reminded me a lot of the famous Monogatari toothbrush scene.
Hi!
Jan 18, 2019 12:25 AM

May 2015
I felt bad for Johnny and my Johnny.
Feb 12, 2019 1:44 PM

Aug 2017
1/5, another sh1tty ep. Pansy MC can't seal the deal with the hot dental hygienist. She's the best character too. This anime sucks.
Mar 12, 2019 3:17 PM
Apr 2014
At least we know where the Castella in the previous episodes came from now, and why he was eating it alone in his room. I'm gonna rewatch the shit out of this when I'm done. "Restarting merger negotiations" is the best sex metaphor I've ever heard.

TrumpMD said:
1/5, another sh1tty ep. Pansy MC can't seal the deal with the hot dental hygienist. She's the best character too. This anime sucks.

Thus forever proving that Trump fans can't even do being an anime fan right. What must it be like to live in such a small, constricting world, I wonder...
"Though mountains crack, and ice will thaw

Though walls will fall, to tooth and claw

Though stars will fade, and shadow spread

On the heights we stood, with iron red.

And as they died, they killed the dead.
May 31, 2019 6:38 AM
Jul 2018
>>

TrumpMD said:

Go to hell, Ozu.
Jun 17, 2019 5:43 PM

Jul 2014
Great animation when they're drunk. It reminded me somewhat of Samurai Champloo.
Aug 27, 2019 4:47 AM

Aug 2017
I really liked this episodes despite no Akashi being here.

Everything was just hilarious especially the cowboy and the moral battle in his mind. It seems that this episode was just to put things into perspective for Watashi.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 15, 2019 7:57 AM

May 2018
This is more on love, I thought this is about more on english circle. But yeah it changes from english circle to love real quick, which is probably the weakest part of this anime. The last part is not that bad at all, especially they introduced Johnny, I love that part along with the brain. This reminds me of toothbrush scene from Nisemonogatari. I was expecting Akashi to be in the 3 woman selection.

Nov 9, 2019 9:28 AM

Mar 2016
This ep is absolutely amazing, the funny scenes were also so hype too, so I was absolutely so into whatever is going on in the ep! Definitely my favourite ep so far!

ENGURISHU The first half of the ep was hilarious, with all the Engrish phrases being uttered. I actually felt happy Watashi fits into the English circle without any weird things going on all the while badmouthing Ozu. 2 in one, great! GO TO HERRU OZU!!!

Now that was some trippy revelation, 3 girls... A pen pal, a dental hygenist and... That damn sex doll, Kaori Jougasaki has, bruh.

Despite all the funny scenes in this ep, nothing compared to when ma boi Johnny chase for that opportunity to finally be let loose as he so deserved in the 20 years he's been caged. Not only was I laughing my ass off to Johnny's desire to go all out, I'm genuinely rooting for it to happen, not really because Hanuki was getting 'close' to Watashi, but just because it's truly about time Johnny be liberated. Aw man, too bad Watashi's determination of staying civil is too damn strong.

Not gonna lie that licking scene made me feel both uncomfortable yet interested... Hmmn...
Dec 24, 2019 9:19 AM

Apr 2016
This one and the second are the best episode until now. It's very good!
Jan 21, 2020 6:49 AM

Mar 2016
This has gotta be one of my favourite anime epsiodes of all time, that was amazing
wow
May 1, 2020 8:44 PM

Jan 2014
This was HILARIOUS. I was nearly crying at all the Johnny scenes. Inside out rated R! Glad I kept watching, it’s finally paying off
May 23, 2020 1:39 PM

Dec 2016
This is just getting better and better.
May 30, 2020 1:51 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Best cycle so far, because my doctor girl Hanuki comes to bring more happiness. However, since Watashi seems not interested to her, the world reset again and repeat to another miserable cycle. Why you do this Watashi?

Note: this episode doesn't had Akashi appearance, that makes me sad for a while. But, nothing can changes my view from Hanuki being my best girl.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 16, 2020 1:37 PM

Dec 2018
UnleashTheGoat said:
At least we know where the Castella in the previous episodes came from now, and why he was eating it alone in his room. I'm gonna rewatch the shit out of this when I'm done. "Restarting merger negotiations" is the best sex metaphor I've ever heard.

TrumpMD said:

Thus forever proving that Trump fans can't even do being an anime fan right. What must it be like to live in such a small, constricting world, I wonder...

what an idiotic and biased thing to say; people are allowed to have opinions on anime that's why we can all rate it differently and that's why there's a flipping forum

that said, i thought the episode was okay but the repetitive nature of it is too much to binge watch. gets tiring fast but the art is amazing.
StateofOhayoJun 16, 2020 1:47 PM
Jul 21, 2020 7:21 PM

Apr 2015
If I get licked like that I might have j1zzed in my pants lol
May 26, 2021 8:47 AM

May 2020
Between "I put in a lot of effort to waste my time in college" and "Despite being in the electrical engineering department, he hates electricity and electronics, as well as engineering", Ozu just might be my favourite character. Was not expecting to relate to him like this.

Good on Watashi for not taking advantage of Hanuki while she was drunk. He has his fair share of problems but at least he has some trace of decency.

Also interesting to see how this episode deviated from the usual "Watashi joins a circle, everything goes wrong" plot. I'm also starting to suspect that the episodes aren't in chronological order, especially since some previous episodes seem to reference this episode (I remember Watashi saying that Hanuki was dangerous while drunk in a previous episode. Or am I imagining that scene ?)
TitanInsaneMay 26, 2021 9:13 AM
Jun 6, 2021 10:03 PM

Aug 2011
so far I'm still a bit confused with this series. this ep made me feel the alcohol poisoning
desu desu binches
Aug 9, 2021 9:58 AM

May 2018
rip Johnny, may he ride another day.
Aug 9, 2021 10:11 AM

May 2018
UnleashTheGoat said:

TrumpMD said:

>Name is called Trump
>Immediately assumes Trump supporter

This is why the world is sick and tired of political zealots like you ruining every site you touch
Oct 8, 2021 4:09 AM

Aug 2018
This was pretty epic episode, of course the animation quality shines the most here
Oct 31, 2021 2:58 AM
Aug 2021
It's a good thing that Watashi didn't do it with Hanuki while she was drunk. That wouldn't have ended well. The drinking competition scene and Watashi talking shit about Ozu in English was hilarious.
And the personification of his dick as Johnny made me crack upXD
Mar 15, 2022 3:17 PM

Aug 2012
Ever since first spotting that cowboy in the OP I've been eagerly awaiting for his appearance in the show, it was better than I ever imagine. Johnny being the personification of his libido/penis was hilarious, and this was pretty easily the funniest episode of the series yet. Loved everything with Johnny, them having a dramatic moment where Johnny accepts he has to wait lmao. The inner brain meeting where they tried to figure out what to do, all of it was excellent. And I think the animation really stood out here, they did a fantastic job of showcasing the effects of inebriation through the designs.

Beyond that, certainly interesting plot decisions. Akashi's complete absence after her previous reduced role was interesting, I think Avenger-senpai's probably right in that perhaps the more time he loops back the closer he gets to losing her. And speaking of that, it's interesting to think we're getting the same loop so-to-speak multiple times in a row now. He chose three, so I guess the next two episodes will be another circle to explain the other girls and then what happens if he choses them instead of rescuing Hanuki?

And yeah, Hanuki's penchant for drunk licking peoples faces was already established in an earlier episode, I like seeing little details from different loops coming back into later ones. Wonder if there are perhaps other nods to future episodes in previous ones that I did miss.
Apr 15, 2022 10:40 AM

Oct 2020
It has been 2 months since I watched the last episode, but I really liked this episode. I didn't understand the bit about that doll tho :p

Hanuki is one weird and interesting woman. That scene when she put her fingers into the MC's mouth tho.... thought it was something else.

Still no Akashi :'(

4/5

"FALL OFF YOUR HORSE!" - Gyro Zeppeli
May 16, 2022 10:05 AM

Feb 2021
Lmao Hanuki-san and mc's engrish is actually pretty amazing.

MC fell as low as Jougasaki. The dude has a sex doll now. Honestly how even does one sitting with Kaori the sex doll compare to a potentially stable relationship with Hanuki-san or Keiko-san?

Those 'soft swellings' do be having a lot of control though.

I like how he calls and represents his pp as a cowboy named Johnny lol. I feel him.

I do love how professional he keeps himself with Hanuki san. MC might be a degenerate but he's a gentleman.

No Akashi-san today :(

Sep 28, 2022 1:14 AM
Apr 2022
HE BACKED OFF, NOOOOOO
Mar 5, 2023 12:16 PM
Apr 2021
horesy guy johhny pretty cool
Mar 27, 2023 12:17 AM
Jan 2023
Watching him go back and forth with his libido was hilarious and intensely engaging. Best episode yet!

And she literally gave him a gum massage 😂
Jun 1, 2023 4:01 AM

Jul 2022
This is the episode where it gets interesting, also very funny.
Aug 31, 2023 4:31 AM

Aug 2022
Such a hilarious episode.
Oct 5, 2023 12:01 AM

Mar 2023
Quite funny, good episode. I like how episodes are connected and Ozu's role in the world
Feb 4, 10:41 PM
Apr 2021
absolutely unhinged. love it.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Jun 3, 2010

98 by haydnwright »»
Apr 21, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Jun 10, 2010

92 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Apr 12, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

controlmajortom - May 6, 2010

127 by blinddig »»
Apr 10, 2:32 AM

Poll: » Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

born2badored - May 13, 2010

91 by haydnwright »»
Feb 1, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

dbaranyi - Jun 24, 2010

133 by DgenxZ »»
Oct 21, 2023 5:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.