Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sugar Apple Fairy Tale (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 4, 2023 11:02 PM
Mar 2016
Caught the AX premiere screening. Part one was great, but was sometimes frustrating to watch. I just want things to go well for our protagonists. Anyway, part two is more of the same, but the romance is still strong and good.
Jul 7, 2023 5:59 AM

Jul 2017
With Challe beng sent away as a price for Bridget while Anne got her justice, there was nothing that she could do as Keith became part of the problem. But now, as a certified Silver Sugar Master, Elliott Collins is offering her a way to get Challe back, even if it means conversing with the Paige Workshop back in Millsfield. Even with Mithril trying to comfirt Anne, she is doing it for herself, and Hugh comes in unnoticed with a request from Kat to assist her in getting Challe back and face the Paige Workshop's brutality. Though both Hugh and Kat are like cat and mouse, Anne's future as a Silver Sugar Master will be tough for the road ahead.

Going to the Paige Workshop, Anne gets a rather disturbing welcome, not just from the workshop's Head Artisan of Orland Langston, but of Bridget and her father Glen Paige, who is bedridden due to his heart illness. Acknowledging her Royal Medal, Anne attempts for Glen to accept her, though to his own daughter he will not accept being a suga artisan. But even if she had her Medal for only just the day before, Glen has high hopes for her being the next Head of Artisans, and in due time, will return Challe to her while Bridget is forced on the marriage with Elliott. It's two birds with one stone, and though Elloitt played the role of the villain, he hopes that Anne will change the face of the Paige Workshop, though this forces her hand for Challe to submit to her.

The harvest is plenty, but the workers are few, and Elliott hoping that Anne'll rebuild Paige Workhop, which has been in dire straits, from the ground up. And though Anne can't afford to have Challe suffer under Bridget's hands, she'll work her damnest to become a silver sugar master to save Challe.

I'm hoping that the romance drama will not sour Part 2 here, which I can predict will be plenty.
KANLen09Jul 7, 2023 6:27 AM
Jul 7, 2023 6:02 AM

Apr 2014
I forgot how much I hate Bitchget from the first season, now I can recall how much hatred I have towards her.
AkeZZZJul 7, 2023 6:30 AM
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 7, 2023 6:02 AM
Sep 2021
Anne will try her best in paige workshop to get back challe freedom. Nice to see this come back, let's see will anne be successful?
Jul 7, 2023 7:04 AM

Nov 2010
  • Although the eyes of the protagonist are not designed eraborately, it's beautiful as usual. Still I can't reach the secret of it.
  • The stalker fairy never miss the protagonist rambling at night.

Jul 7, 2023 7:36 AM
Mar 2021
Bridget needs to win an award for best villainess in a non villainess anime😂
Jul 7, 2023 7:42 AM

Feb 2021
Can't wait for the moment that Jonas suddenly appears in the story....
Jul 7, 2023 7:43 AM

Sep 2007
HERE WE GO.
The continuation of
"Bridget you need to fall off a cliff ASAP"

Even more so cuz of poor Elliot (I mean her nonexistent attitude towards him despite being engaged...)
...although him being manipulative makes me see him negatively as well...but not as much as Bridget. 
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jul 7, 2023 8:19 AM

Aug 2019
Loved it! I totally forgot just how excited I was for this next season, and if anything I was kind of hesitant to start it but this was a nice first episode for the second season! But man I forgot just how much I HATE Bridget LOL I seriously hope she gets messed up by the end of this season
Jul 7, 2023 8:26 AM
Jul 2017
Wow I thought we were done with the sexist crap and the manipulative disgusting ass men in this series but I guess not

Also no amount of childhood trauma is gonna make me sympathize with Bridget, she's just a spoiled little brat, like a child whining that their toy is going to be taken away that they stole in the first place

I am a fan of Sugar Apple but I gotta say this first episode didn't make me excited to see more, especially after the sour taste the first season's finale left in my mouth, things better start improving soon
Jul 7, 2023 8:48 AM
May 2021
i forgot just how much i hate bridget, but this episode reminded me that i really really hate her.

im so glad glen said he'd give challe back to anne if she does ger job well, because we all know that if there's one thing anne can do well, it's make and craft silver sugar. i do feel bad for elliott though because he had to marry that nasty, good for nothing bridgett.

so glad that at the end of the episode we got to dee challe and anne together. i wasn't sure if challe would go to see her because of bridgett's threat, but i should've known that challe wouldn't listen to her and would go see anne no matter what.

i hope they're able to be together again before the end of this season. the sweethearts need to be with eachother again and forever.
My 2023 candies:
Jul 7, 2023 8:49 AM

Feb 2019
People have already score bombed this to below a 7 🤦🏽‍♂️ childish.

I guess the episode wanted to make us feel bad for Bridget? Fuck her. She’s a manipulative and abusive POS. She complains about everyone deciding things for her, then she goes off and does just that for Challe and Anne by splitting them apart lol. You think that’s gonna make him like you or something? 😂

Finding out this was all a 4D chess move by Eliot is a little annoying tho Ngl lol.

seeing a lot of complaints about sexism in the series and that’s like.. kind of the point? It’s a fictionalized 18th century European setting, sexism was a big thing back then so yes it’s going to be a big part of Anne’s struggles because realistically that’s what a woman would’ve faced. It would be weirder if it weren’t in the story.

Challe coming to see Anne of his own accord was so sweet. I like how he’s grown much more openly emotional towards her since the beginning of season 1. That hug was so pure.

Solid opening ep for the second season
Marinate1016Jul 7, 2023 8:56 AM
Jul 7, 2023 9:16 AM

Mar 2013
Wow, I'm glad to see the second part getting aired so early this year. Oh, wait.. Is it still early? Still, I am one of those who are excited for this.

Fortunately, and gladly, the animation seems to be a great and smooth one when compared to the first part.

While I somehow dislike Bridget's attitude towards her surroundings, I can more or less understand her own feelings of not having the chance or opportunity to choose her own path or dreams when she was still at a young age AFTER watching this first episode! but watching Anne getting her feelings hurt are really hard to watch.

I can't wait for Bridget's character development, if there's some. I hope she can be friends with Anne very soon...

R.I.P. Elliot. 🤣😅 I probably know what his thoughts are. Hope, huh. lmao

(P.S. I didn't read any source material.)
CrazyButNot4UJul 7, 2023 9:50 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jul 7, 2023 9:24 AM

Mar 2020
Well, this series is back, and it was an okay premiere, with Anne taking on a new job to save Shall at the Paige house. Some of the characters are still very frustrating to watch, especially Bridget. I don’t see any redemption that would be too meaningful at the moment. Just please, don’t have Jonas randomly show up. Aesthetics still look solid, so it has that going for it, but hopefully the drama feels a bit less shallow this time around.
Jul 7, 2023 9:34 AM
Sep 2015
I said I wouldn't watch this season but here I am LOL

Anyway, I love what's going on between Hugh and Kat, even though it's just a joke, but I still believe...
Jul 7, 2023 10:03 AM

May 2015
Awww, that was cute!

I almost thought they won't see each other for several episodes yet, but Shall doesn't give a damn about what that Bridget woman orders him to do. He only listens to Anne because he wants to.

And they hugged, uwu.
Jul 7, 2023 11:56 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice I was waiting for the continuation! Time to work and free Challe now
Jul 7, 2023 12:13 PM
Apr 2020
I hope they don't drag this out and make the audience suffer finish this quickly please. Also bad signs that anne is pitying bridget because she has no freedom
Jul 7, 2023 12:48 PM

Dec 2013
Looks like sugar's back on the menu boys!

It was great to see Anne so assertive but man if she doesn't have the worst luck meeting people, all of them are some nasty pieces of work, it was really cute to see Shall trying to appear all serious and distant when in reality he was the one who wanted to see Anne's face the most.
Jul 7, 2023 1:27 PM

Jul 2019
Talk about putting a lot of pressure on top of Anne's shoulders to rescue Paige Workshop...hopefully, she can do that, just so she can free Challe. I also hope Bridget's life would become a bit better because this really gave more insight into her position and the fact she isn't just a mean girl...
Good start for the second season!
Other places where to find me:

☆ AO3/FF/tumblr/YouTube: Tuliharja
☆ Pixiv: Tuliharja/72847426
☆ DA: Tuliharja-art
☆ Instagram: tuliharja_art
Jul 7, 2023 1:30 PM

Jun 2015
We back. For the record I would like challe to get his wing back and keep good on his promise of annihilated everyone affecting MC but I guess we need to save such things for Magical Girl Rising.

However, everyone barring the blond girl seems onside, although this eps did give her some decent back story where she is basically an animal to sell off for breeding to another. Its kinda understandle she would want a strong protector in this situation. Looks like shit is about to kick off and the sugar confections are about to start hitting the fan!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jul 7, 2023 1:41 PM

Jun 2015
texasfangirl1999 said:
Wow I thought we were done with the sexist crap and the manipulative disgusting ass men in this series but I guess not

Also no amount of childhood trauma is gonna make me sympathize with Bridget, she's just a spoiled little brat, like a child whining that their toy is going to be taken away that they stole in the first place

I am a fan of Sugar Apple but I gotta say this first episode didn't make me excited to see more, especially after the sour taste the first season's finale left in my mouth, things better start improving soon

Would you you change your mind if you weren't allowed to do what you want to do as a job and enforced a marriage on you with someone you didnt want to marry. If this is acceptable to you, then fair enough. But this first eps, Im kinda thinking Bridget might be redeemable.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jul 7, 2023 1:54 PM
Apr 2017
I thank god every day that I watched season 1 like a month ago so that I didn't have to wait long after that horrible s1 cliffhanger. Back to my hating Bridget agenda. You could give any tragic backstory to her, and I still won't like her hahah
Jul 7, 2023 2:33 PM

Jun 2021
It's nice to be back. I've been waiting for this since the frustrating end of part 1. It's all Bridget's fault. Despite her having Challe's wing, he ignored her order and still did meet Ann! I guess it's not that powerful compared to his strong feelings. I'm so happy because I thought they won't meet anytime soon.
Jul 7, 2023 4:37 PM

Jul 2011
Damn! I missed this one more than I thought I would.

Now Anne will Atelier series that workshop out.

So I believe, Bridget is basically Keith situation, but with sexism.

I want what Anne and Shall have, in that last scene.
Jul 7, 2023 5:03 PM

Mar 2007
How is it episode 1 and I already hate Bridget and Elliott even more than before?

• Bridget: "boo hoo nobody cares what I want" in the meantime using the wing to torture Challe her SLAVE. WTF hypocrite
  • Elliott: At least he's being honest about using Anne
  • Paige: Duty schmuty, he's probably WHY his school is going down the tubes and needs help, STAT

Honestly this was hard to watch, I admit I'm only in it for Challe. He's doing the right thing, Anne is kinda stupid enough to be the heroine. I don't like her but there are way more detestable characters out there.
Jul 7, 2023 5:54 PM
May 2017
Very good beginning episode! Every amount of netorare Bridget is able to produce is not enough to break Anne's will to get Shall Fen Shall back!
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jul 7, 2023 6:12 PM

Sep 2011
bitchget rekindling our hatred for her. i await for karma served.
Jul 7, 2023 8:34 PM
Jul 2022
Gostei bastante do episódio de volta. Eu amo um Shipp com cenas fofas juntinhos e tals, mas confesso que seria legal ver o reencontro deles só no segundo episódio ou terceiro pra dar aquela segurada na emoção... ❤️
Jul 8, 2023 1:54 AM

Jan 2021
Yaaaay! After WataKekkon, the other romance I've been waiting for this season is finally airing too! Shinigami Bocchan will also air next week and all these sugar-filled romances I've been waiting for this season will satisfy me :') this makes me so happy! ♡

Speaking of sugar, yes, Sugar Apple Fairy Tale, even in the first episode, I'm already smiling with excitement at the sweetness of seeing Shall and Ann hugging each other. Yep, hugging each other because Shall actually embraced Ann (I always go "ha! look at your pathetic self!" at Bridgett whenever I see her hugging Shall alone because Shall never wants to embrace her). What Bridgett experienced and felt did not make me feel sorry for her at all.

If in the first season we had Jonas as the one who wanted to harm Ann, then I'm pretty sure Jonas' role will be replaced by Bridgett in this season. I don't know what she'll do to Ann, but whatever it is I think that Orland will be by Ann's side.

Looking forward to seeing Ann show her skills again!

Jul 8, 2023 2:07 AM

Apr 2018
the end of ep1 made me feel smth
candies :

bone us:
Jul 8, 2023 7:07 AM
Apr 2022
yes sugar is back, i hope i can be giddy like a little girl
Jul 8, 2023 10:06 AM

Sep 2020
This time it's going to be her saving Shall instead, looking forward to it how she will use her skills to do that, and the op is really great~
Jul 8, 2023 10:36 AM
Jul 2023
made up for the season one's finale
Jul 8, 2023 1:40 PM
Aug 2017
PART 2 IS FINALLY HERE. I MISSED MY ANNE X SHALL SO MUCH!! That ending scene hug T...T my heaaaart.

Unfortunately, I was reminded of Bridget's existence. Honestly, I couldn't care less about her sob story, after the shit she did previously? no ty.

The opening was adorable but honestly, I miss the dance between Anne and Shall that the previous opening had T...T

Can't wait to see our Anne rescuing her fairy!

The animation looked just as stunning as in the first cour.
Jul 8, 2023 2:31 PM

Oct 2008
Alright! the romance is slowly increasing!! (last part was lovely as well as the OST)
5/5.

Jul 8, 2023 11:53 PM
Feb 2015
They reunite was sweet and now new beginning in the factory of Paige arc begin.
Jul 9, 2023 1:02 AM

Nov 2012
He certainly ignored that order. I'm surprised Bridget doesn't tie him up at night for various purposes.
Jul 9, 2023 2:36 AM

Jul 2020
alright one of the best shows from winter 2023 is back and it surely started with a bang, the ending was so sweet it made my heart flutter. I damn hope Bridget doesn't find out that Challe ignored her orders but something tells me that sooner or later she will
Jul 9, 2023 3:26 AM

Nov 2013
Lovely first episode. Shall ignored Bridget's direct order. Was nice to see.
Jul 9, 2023 5:58 AM

Feb 2015
I'm so happy to see their subtle romance still going strong even during this bad time. It was nice to continue watching this series. It's not the most amazing thing, but I like it and it's a fun watch every week. Also Challe slowly expressing himself more just makes me wait for the climax where at some point Anne and him tell each other how they feel. <3
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

Jul 9, 2023 1:05 PM
Mar 2023
"I understand...you were decieved,robbed,you lost person that means much for you....want me to press and bring him back..ann?"
Anns answer-"No.....no need....its my fault that they robbed and decieved me,and enslaved him....my sugar honour do not allow me to accept your help.,ill free him on my own...after he be slave for months..and after that i finally will rescue him!!"
-"....I knew that womans logic will prevail,cat lose!!"
And someone,please,put last picture of Shall standing there and saying-"Bakaa"
Jul 9, 2023 2:05 PM
Jan 2021
well i already hate bridget but it seems theres more to her than evil and selfish. 
Jul 9, 2023 9:33 PM

Aug 2014
THE ENDING IM SCREAMING CCRYING HHHHHHHHHHHH

Jul 9, 2023 11:08 PM

Oct 2011
Ahhhhhhhhhhh I LOVE THIS ANIME SO MUCH. Anne x Challe are just the cutest. <3
Jul 11, 2023 3:15 AM

Nov 2012
This was pretty good!
It may go this way: Elliot expectes Ann to change Glen's way of think about her daughter and the workshop, also helping Bridget to set her mind and goals, maybe even being able to go for the artisan way if Ann changes things in the Page domains, and for the last, helping him with his relation with Bridget, it looks like he really likes her or wants her to be happy or pursuit her dreams, be free to do so.
That last scene!!!! kyaaaaaaa!!!!! My otome heart haha
Shall gives a F about everbody except Ann, and those eyes man... can't wait for the next ep.

My Candies:

Jul 12, 2023 4:38 AM
Jan 2019
Its making me squeel so much, its so satisfying after that major clifhanger, definitely a great start
Jul 15, 2023 12:31 AM

Aug 2020
I simply can't stand bridget but I'm glad challe and anne met again
Jul 21, 2023 8:18 AM

May 2017
NGL I was kind of dying at the end at that hug owwwwwwwww ;;;;

(until the last frame... is he literally holding her so she's just dangling there? lmfao)
Jul 22, 2023 7:31 AM
✦⋆𓆩melily𓆪⋆✦

Aug 2020
whatttt!!!?? I was so disappointed with the ending of the first season but omg, they slayed The first episode of the second season!!! hello the end!! lemme binge the other 2 eps that are out atm.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2023

46 by Sushi_died »»
Jun 12, 1:23 PM

» This is my prediction about Bridgett…

Skoorb - Jul 7, 2023

20 by CarbonMD »»
Jan 15, 1:30 PM

» Season 2???

RjtheGreat14 - Nov 22, 2023

9 by CarbonMD »»
Jan 15, 1:29 PM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2023

31 by jumbosan »»
Dec 23, 2023 5:55 AM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2023

29 by jumbosan »»
Dec 23, 2023 5:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.