Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 17, 6:24 PM
#1
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Offline
Aug 2007
5906

Event #1: Personalized Anime Recommendations
Event #2: Personalized Manga Recommendations
Request an anime/manga rec (based on certain criteria) and gift a personalized rec to another user!

Event #3: Personalized MAL Images
Request a custom-made/shopped image to use on MAL (profile picture, forum signature, etc.)
and gift a personalized MAL image to another user!



2022 Profile Badges
For good Santas who follow elf directions and send their gifts on time,
we'll be offering a special ornament badge for your profile!




Note: You only need to sign up for one gift exchange event.


Important Dates
Sign-Up Deadline: Sunday, Dec 4
Confirmations by: Tuesday, Dec 6
Santas Receive Names: Saturday, Dec 10-ish
Gift Deadline: Sunday, Dec 18
Present Opening: Dec 24 ~ Dec 26
Secret Santa Reveal: Dec 31 ~ Jan 2



Sign-Up Here
#1: Anime Recommendations
#2: Manga Recommendations
#3: Images

These threads also contain more details about how the event works!


 
Santa's Workshop Needs Elves

A few of our elves are otherwise occupied (too much glühwein...) and we need volunteers to help:

 ❅ verify matches so each Santa has something to recommend (must know many anime)
 ❅ quality check gifts to be sure the Santa followed directions (manual inspection)
 ❅ send an ungodly number of event PMs (copy paste baby)
 ❅ write elf notes for naughty Santas who didn't explain their gifts properly (tsk tsk)
 ❅ make last-minute backup gifts for very naughty Santas (it ain't Christmas til it's done)

Only serious volunteers who know many anime and have a lot of free time to help!
To volunteer, please say so in this thread and join MAL's Discord server.
 



Frequent Questions
KinetaNov 19, 11:12 PM
Nov 20, 12:24 AM
#2
(^• ω •^)V●ᴥ●V

Offline
Mar 2010
13178
That penguin badge is so cute!! I am looking forward to this year's secret santa!
Nov 20, 2:52 AM
#3

Offline
Mar 2016
1236
I would like to help as an Elf
AWCC is the best
Nov 20, 3:27 AM
#4
No.1 Rias Simp ♥

Offline
Feb 2021
307
Lets go
Nov 20, 4:36 AM
#5
a lil bean

Offline
Feb 2011
15914
woohooo it's time!


the Image Edition has 2021 on the title, instead of 2022
SheyCroixNov 20, 4:45 AM


HiScoreLoScoreHiScore (esp)

PTCTurn-Ins
Nov 20, 7:07 AM
#7

Offline
Dec 2020
255
Nice....!





◇─◇──◇─◇
♚Collection
♚Anime List
♚Manga list

◇─◇──◇─◇
Nov 20, 8:30 AM
#8

Offline
Jul 2022
146
It looks interesting!
Nov 20, 9:46 AM
#9
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Offline
Nov 2018
338
I would like to volunteer as an elf!
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Nov 20, 11:00 AM

Offline
Sep 2016
18
I would like to volunteer as a manga elf!
Nov 20, 12:34 PM

Offline
Feb 2010
540
I'd like to volunteer as an elf

“Sometimes living can be hard! But it’s only because we’re alive that we can make each other laugh, cry, and be happy!”
Nov 20, 5:20 PM
Offline
Jan 2016
57
I would like to volunteer as an elf!
Nov 20, 9:10 PM

Offline
Oct 2020
1807
volunteering to be an elf!
(esp for back-up gifts!)

✧ PRAYERS TRANSCEND TIME, YOUR BRAVE SHINE ✧ FORUM SET BY :SAINTZEPH

Nov 20, 10:36 PM

Offline
Aug 2009
3391
Cool, this is going to be my first time joining this Christmas event. =) Hoping to get a good anime rec out of this.
Nov 20, 11:35 PM
Offline
Oct 2021
33
I'm so excited :D
Nov 20, 11:56 PM

Offline
Sep 2016
75
The most fun event of the year is here!
Looking forward to making (and receiving) some great gifts againt this year, and getting to know some new people!
Nov 21, 4:52 AM

Offline
Aug 2019
157
Welp if you need the extra anime elf hands, that would be simple enough for me to do (open for elfdom)

I do like spreading the Christmas spirit
Twintail_DaemonNov 21, 4:19 PM
2022 MALoween

Main Candy:
Bonus Candy: Toilet, Idol, Van Ghost, Festival, Mangaka x2, Logic Gate x2, Odds/Ends, Staircase x2
Nov 21, 5:50 AM

Offline
Dec 2012
62020
Nov 21, 6:07 AM

Offline
Aug 2021
9481
Excited.
Nov 21, 12:01 PM

Offline
Jul 2008
641
I can help as an elf if you still need people.
Nov 21, 12:49 PM

Offline
Mar 2016
1236
YayakoChii said:
I would like to help as an Elf


Is there any reason why I didnt get any reply to this while others did? :(
AWCC is the best
Nov 21, 1:40 PM
Offline
Jan 2022
6
I wanna an Elf bt I haven't got any Elf's Cap!! I hope u guyz cn help me for be an Elf....
Nov 21, 4:16 PM

Offline
Aug 2019
157
@YayakoChii I imagine it's just a matter of being patient and seeing how things turn out, I'm sure you're not the only one
2022 MALoween

Main Candy:
Bonus Candy: Toilet, Idol, Van Ghost, Festival, Mangaka x2, Logic Gate x2, Odds/Ends, Staircase x2
Nov 21, 5:27 PM

Offline
Apr 2020
1
I'd like to volunteer as an elf
Nov 22, 2:28 AM

Offline
Jan 2021
207
Well, let's see.


Nov 22, 5:03 AM
Offline
Apr 2018
8
Hi, I would like to participate as an elf for the Anime recommendations Secret Santa.
Nov 22, 8:53 AM

Offline
Jul 2016
1799
yeeeey I love Secret Santa Event <3
Nov 22, 12:49 PM

Offline
Aug 2018
526
I'd like to volunteer as elf.
Maloween 2020 candies

Main candies:

Nov 23, 5:11 AM

Offline
Jul 2015
423
I'd love to volunteer as an elf! Love this event <3
Nov 23, 6:59 AM
Community Mod
lost in montana~

Offline
Feb 2016
1570
Finally that time of the year again :D, I always look forward to this event
Nov 23, 8:08 PM
Offline
Nov 2022
1
Great, let's go and see...
Nov 24, 1:28 AM

Offline
Nov 2021
13
This is the first time i'm seeing the event but i'd like to join in:)
Nov 24, 4:04 PM
Offline
Jun 2021
45
3rd year doing this. The last 2 years I’ve had people who didn’t watch or comment about my recommendation, so maybe 3rd time is the charm.

Willing to help as an elf. Can’t verify in the Discord though, as the automod doesn’t work. @Kineta will that be a problem?
BlakexEkalbNov 24, 5:12 PM
Nov 24, 4:16 PM

Offline
Sep 2020
71
I would like to help as an Elf
Nov 24, 4:21 PM

Offline
Sep 2020
373
This year Christmas comes with Hexa from Brazil ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
ᅠ❄❄❄ Xenovia Quarta deseja-lhe Feliz Natal! ❄❄❄ᅠ
Nov 24, 4:47 PM

Offline
May 2021
1162
SECRET SANTAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!
Nov 24, 5:15 PM
Offline
Jan 2021
13
How do I gift a personalized MAL image to another user and what even is that image?
Nov 24, 6:27 PM

Offline
Sep 2020
71
ewiwiemie said:
How do I gift a personalized MAL image to another user and what even is that image?


sign-up in images event, the images are edits made by users for other users, they can be: Profile picture, About me, Profile set, or Forum set
Nov 24, 8:13 PM

Offline
Nov 2021
51
Let’s glow
Nov 24, 8:34 PM
Offline
Feb 2019
8
Min-Max length: any
Likes: Attention to detail and references to previous chapters. Example of this is in Kaguya-sama: There's a 4-chapter ministory revolving around Fujiwara eating ramen and meeting the 4 ramen emperors.
The first chapter was in the beginning of the manga and the last was 20 chapters before the end. (Manga is like 280 chapters long) I felt like the author was paying a lot of attention to detail due the the numerous references to small details he put in in previous chapters.
I'm open to any genre except the ones I put in Dislikes.
Check my 10s and 9s in MAL and you'll get a picture.

Dislikes:
I don't like Yaoi.

I don't like it when I can't see character development (they don't learn from previous chapters).

I dislike manga that have a serious tone but no story and characters to back it up. Here I'm looking at most edgy manga, such as death games and Akame Ga kill.

I dislike gag comedy with no depth (emphasis on no depth: Grand Blue and Prison school are gag manga that have in-depth characters and well thought settings)

I heavily dislike dumb characters where their dumb actions cause misunderstandings which severely derail the story (I'm okay with characters that know less about a particular topic but when there is an obvious solution to a problem and a misunderstanding makes it progress backwards it's really annoying) (exceptions to dumb characters are when they aren't an obstacle to the main thread of the story, for example when Luffy is dumb AF but it doesn't stop them from adventuring, or when Miko Iino's naive as fuck it doesn't stop the character development in Kaguya-sama.)

Check my 6 and belows on MAL to get an idea.


Any availability restrictions?: No

Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Read list? (Yes or No): No

Number of Completed entries on your manga list:
108 completed
358 total (excluding plan to read)


Does your list include everything you've read?: Yes
Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/RemiKG?status=2&order=4&order2=0

Choose one Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge)
RemiKGNov 24, 8:38 PM
Nov 24, 9:44 PM

Offline
Jun 2021
226
Question, When you mean that we have to send our gifts to your "elves" what do you mean and how and where will we do it?

I don't know if they're going to give me the Halloween badge but ok
Nov 24, 11:14 PM

Offline
Sep 2019
78
Oh my gosh, that sounds like such an exciting event! Sign me up!
Nov 24, 11:16 PM

Offline
Sep 2019
78
RemiKG said:
Min-Max length: any
Likes: Attention to detail and references to previous chapters. Example of this is in Kaguya-sama: There's a 4-chapter ministory revolving around Fujiwara eating ramen and meeting the 4 ramen emperors.
The first chapter was in the beginning of the manga and the last was 20 chapters before the end. (Manga is like 280 chapters long) I felt like the author was paying a lot of attention to detail due the the numerous references to small details he put in in previous chapters.
I'm open to any genre except the ones I put in Dislikes.
Check my 10s and 9s in MAL and you'll get a picture.

Dislikes:
I don't like Yaoi.

I don't like it when I can't see character development (they don't learn from previous chapters).

I dislike manga that have a serious tone but no story and characters to back it up. Here I'm looking at most edgy manga, such as death games and Akame Ga kill.

I dislike gag comedy with no depth (emphasis on no depth: Grand Blue and Prison school are gag manga that have in-depth characters and well thought settings)

I heavily dislike dumb characters where their dumb actions cause misunderstandings which severely derail the story (I'm okay with characters that know less about a particular topic but when there is an obvious solution to a problem and a misunderstanding makes it progress backwards it's really annoying) (exceptions to dumb characters are when they aren't an obstacle to the main thread of the story, for example when Luffy is dumb AF but it doesn't stop them from adventuring, or when Miko Iino's naive as fuck it doesn't stop the character development in Kaguya-sama.)

Check my 6 and belows on MAL to get an idea.


Any availability restrictions?: No

Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Read list? (Yes or No): No

Number of Completed entries on your manga list:
108 completed
358 total (excluding plan to read)


Does your list include everything you've read?: Yes
Link to manga list: https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/RemiKG?status=2&order=4&order2=0

Choose one Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge)


Are we not supposed to submit these in the specific threads for the recommendations (anime/manga/images)? And not in this thread that introduces the event?
Nov 24, 11:42 PM

Offline
Feb 2020
582
I skipped it last year. I'll take the badge this time
Nov 25, 12:34 AM
Offline
Sep 2022
1
Hello everyone! I will volunteer this year to be an elf!
Nov 25, 12:59 AM

Offline
Aug 2020
41
Last year was my first time participating and I think it was wonderful! This year I'll also join the Images event for the first time so I'm curious how that's going to work out for me haha
Nov 25, 1:49 AM

Offline
Dec 2018
3921
Let’s hope the ani rec I get this year is good ^.^ last years one was a bit disappointing

Also that penguin badge is soooo cute 🥰




Nov 25, 1:58 AM

Offline
Aug 2018
1023
Is it that time already? Let's hope some elf volunteer doesn't threat me like shit like last year just because that person was incapable with my thought process whith still makes perfect sense in some aspect, but you require open mindfullness to understand it.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Nov 25, 2:23 AM
Pecadorrr

Offline
Oct 2014
3312
Niophoria said:

Are we not supposed to submit these in the specific threads for the recommendations (anime/manga/images)? And not in this thread that introduces the event?

That is correct. @RemiK please copy your request and paste it on the proper thread before a mod deletes it so that you don't have to rewrite it.

Nov 25, 2:25 AM
Offline
Jan 2020
5
MistyBlue said:
Cool, this is going to be my first time joining this Christmas event. =) Hoping to get a good anime rec out of this.
me too. i don't normally come to mal. it my first time seeing mal have Christmas events.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» [Update Nov 7] Anime List Notes: Easily share thoughts with friends ( 1 2 )

Kineta - Sep 26

79 by DHancock »»
Nov 24, 1:21 AM

» MAL Game "Fantasy Anime League" Opens for Spring 2022 ( 1 2 )

Kineta - Mar 20

51 by AliciaStinson »»
Nov 23, 2:15 AM

» Company Page Edits Released; People Comments Closed ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Oct 7

134 by MysticStrider »»
Nov 21, 11:57 PM

» Manga DB Expands: More webtoons & digital-only manga to be added ( 1 2 )

Kineta - Jul 24

85 by Yoshane »»
Nov 21, 5:26 AM

» Anime NYC 2022: MixBox meets MyAnimeList

Kineta - Nov 16

6 by Memore »»
Nov 21, 1:05 AM