Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 8, 2022 6:25 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post and reduce spoilers.
The thread will be unlocked at approximately 00:30 (JST) This thread is now unlocked

A reminder of some rules:
  • Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Refrain from multi-posting consecutively. Use the edit button if necessary.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here.
anime-primeNov 8, 2022 7:30 AM
Nov 8, 2022 7:30 AM

May 2020
Whatever you see isn't reality, that's the hard truth about life. See Denji for an instance, thought he would squeeze those honkers but what came in the end was that familiar feeling of patting over a cardboard. Though dude's lucky, got titillated by Makima of all people just the next day. Feels good to revisit those iconic scenes once again.. no less than chef’s kiss for Mappa.

Big bad villain Gun devil got mentioned, will see and hear more about him going forward. Though for now there’s the deal for Denji, kill the Gun devil and Makima will grant him a request, any request btw, so that’s another motivation to pump yourself up. A bit about Aki’s past too, kinda explains his grudge against the gun devil too.

Hotel mini-arc or whatever the name is here, with the whole of Aki and Himeno’s squad partaking. Himeno promised about the french kiss, so that’s a thing to look forward to the most for the time being. Problems already welling up though, they’re floor trapped.

5th ED, and this was some music to ears.
Nov 8, 2022 7:30 AM

Jul 2017
3 squeezes, and you're out Denji! Too bad it wasn't real as Power was wearing breast pads lols, at least for a touch and two-fer being real, but not enough to leave him dazed at the absurd feel that feels like it wasn't a big deal than he once thought. But there's Makima, who renewed his dream with the real thing, teaching him what it means to be sexually aroused, feeling REAL boobs for the first time in his life to leave him mesmerized to remember. You can have the WOOF WOOF all day Makima.

Only one request: defeat the Gun Devil, whom appeared in America that's so strong that Devil Hunters have a hard time defeating it, relishing it in countries with little to no gun violence control. Denji might be able for the job, and if he does, Makima would grant him ANY wish true, even sex. The Gun Devil is a menace to anyone in its path, destroying millions of lives, even Aki's family, in mere minutes. Finding it is a cinch thanks to the gun fragment they already have but finding more of it willl definitely help them lead to the original.

Sending Public Safety Division 4 to a hotel where a devil is sighted that contains a part of the Gun Devil, and despite concerns about Denji and Power, a lil' motivation keeps them going, and Denji is just doing the job for Makima's favour, rather than Himeno offering her kiss on the cheek, and add an extra French kiss for a tease. Though overall, the Fiend, the chainsaw man, Arai and Kobeni might not look like much as rookies, but trust in them is better than nothing, and the relationship between veterans Himeno and Aki have been episodes on life and death.

Facing a Devil isn't as easy as one would hope, but Himeno's contract with the Ghost Devil for a sleight of hand is a damn useful power. Walking along the 8th Floor where it endlessly loops, Arai has found a loophole...that they're hopelessly trapped in the hotel.

Syudou's ED just feels decent, the weakest ED so far with the same imbued values. has some style to it that foreshadows the manga, though it's definitely Syudou's feel when it comes to his repertoire.
KANLen09Nov 10, 2022 10:30 AM
Nov 8, 2022 7:31 AM

Jun 2019
Man... what an episode. Definitely worth being called Cinema at its finest. That direction... that storyboarding. Incredible. Loved it so much. It was great to see Aki's backstory and even nicer to see Himeno and Kobeni. That erotic scene with Makima was so fricking good.

Also, it was nice to see how Himeno and Aki met and her powers were shown a little. Kishibe made his debut as well. They're stuck on the 8th floor. And, that ED was great as well.
Nov 8, 2022 7:34 AM

Nov 2011
Oh man, that hand scene....I bet Denji had a million thoughts going on in his head.

Happy to see Himeno and she's such an energetic person. Glad to see her make an appearance this episode with that personality of hers. Power had too much fun this episode in that fight lol
Nov 8, 2022 7:42 AM

Nov 2016
Denji touring bases in non chronological order. Hilarious how he was running around like a panting dog lmao

Just too bad that the close up shot was skipped

Himeno is BAD

Mod Edit: Added image tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeNov 8, 2022 8:54 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 8, 2022 7:43 AM

Apr 2021
wow great episode mappa it's really great studio and chanisaw man it's so good
[jmg align=right]https://i.imgur.com/XLRDPsi.png?1[/img]
anime list
manga list
blog posts

Nov 8, 2022 7:49 AM
May 2016
That ED was absolutely stunning, did they REALLY have to flex that hard with the visuals???
Nov 8, 2022 7:58 AM

Oct 2021
lol how could they possibly outdid the previous ending visuals each time new episode comes.
Nov 8, 2022 9:03 AM
Jun 2022
all I can say is DAMN I like it a lot and the ending of it
I really wanna know why are they still on the 8th floor
anyways good episode as always
Nov 8, 2022 9:11 AM

Apr 2018
Gun boy just casually killed 1.2 million people in less than 5 minute, that thing is worthy of being a future antagonist of the story lol.
Nov 8, 2022 9:12 AM
Sep 2015
I'm glad that Denji finally get what he want, and find a new life goal in a short period of time. I feel like virginity is a part of his charm, don't lose it!

Anyway, the second part is very interesting. I always wonder that since devil's strength is determined by how people fear the object it possess, then how strong can a possessed gun can be. We all know gun is the most feared object in the world, it doesn't have a destrutive power of nuclear, but it is very easy to find and very easy to use. People get killed by gun everyday, and in some counties where people can buy gun easier than buying a car, a mass shooting happened every month or so. So I'm not surprised to hear that Gun Devil kill 1.2 million people in 5 minutes (including Aki's family), that number somehow seem reasonable to me.
Nov 8, 2022 9:14 AM
Jan 2022
I LOVED THE ENDING, MY FAVORITE ENDING SO FAR
Nov 8, 2022 9:14 AM

Apr 2013
Seeing Aki in the snow and the Gun devil being mentioned makes me so hyped for season 2. The follow up on that is often viewed as the peak of part 1.

Now the fun starts; Kobeni and Himeno will finally each have their time to shine over the next 3 episodes. The ED5 is once again solid and focuses mostly on the eternity devil & future devil.

reals > fakes

KneelBeforeMeNov 8, 2022 9:44 AM
Nov 8, 2022 9:25 AM
Oct 2022
Pretty entertaining still waiting for things to pick up
Nov 8, 2022 9:30 AM
๐ŸฅŠ CHAMPION ๐ŸฅŠ

Apr 2016
Gun Demon, I supposse it will be a large work!!! kekeke
Aug 2021
Banger ending, banger episode, banger boobs.

Feb 2021
Ok so we got to see Aki's backstory as well as a little of the gun devil.

We also saw a glimpse of Kishibe and I can't wait to see more of him.

So the next episode will pretty much be the hotel mini arc and I'm really excited for it.

Jul 2017
Denji you lucky mf, I love how hot the boob-touching scene was, Thank you MAPPA.

And KOBENI WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

And the ending was beautiful, loved the how they presetened "4 horsemen of the apocalypse"
Nov 8, 2022 9:31 AM

Jun 2016
Himeno is amazing. I like that it was a slow episode to start with the Infinite Demon in the next episode.
Senpai

May 2021
Nice dude. denji gets what he wants and has new Motivation now :D
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
May 2021
Lmaooo homeboy was made disappointed and stopped working entirely.

I also forgot how sad Aki’s past truly is. Can’t wait to see the reactions when the later chapters are adapted.

ED is ONCE AGAIN… a banger
Nov 8, 2022 9:33 AM
Jul 2018
This was a really good episode. it was nice to see Aki's backstory animated. Also I think it's hilarious the gun devil is from America
Nov 8, 2022 9:33 AM

Mar 2020
Not a whole lot to say about this episode, since it was more of a buildup for perhaps a bigger fight against the Gun Devil later on. We did get to see more of the Devil Hunters in action, and Himeno is definitely an intriguing character, with her dark backstory and all, along with Aki's past. Character dynamics are great, and Makima has Denji all motivated and raring to go, as always. Also, poor Kobeni, can't catch a break.

Not as cinematic as last episode, but this episode was good nonetheless, focused more on character dynamics and a setup for the next episodes to come. Syudou's ED was very good visually, more average song-wise.
Nov 8, 2022 9:34 AM
Apr 2020
yes I agree I liked it
Nov 8, 2022 9:35 AM

Nov 2019
Of course, the gun devil originates from America. Who could've seen it coming.

Seems like Aki got some personal vendetta against said devils; but that was quite brutal, that scene during the flashback

Jan 2019
Was really looking forward to the Aki backstory and Gun devil introduction and they nailed it! We now have our goons all together for the seemingly endless hotel floor, I already love Kobeni's VA

Oct 2022
Denji truly is lucky...
So we learn about the gun devil and Aki's past was really sad ;_;
Also glad to see Kobeni she's just the cutest. Excited for next weeks episode already
Nov 8, 2022 9:36 AM

Oct 2013
Lmao, I'm dead. First it was boobs and now sex. Powerful motivators in life hahaha
Nov 8, 2022 9:37 AM

May 2021
Kinda cool how they both introduced the gun devil and gave us an Aki backstory in one flashback. Not surprising at all that the Gun Devil appeared in America, you can guess who must have been in power. And boy, that directing when Makima seduced Denji...

Nov 8, 2022 9:38 AM
Jul 2015
Good episode. Animation is top notch. Gun devil seems too strong. Idk why but for some reason while watching this episode I just kept thinking about highschool dxd.
Nov 8, 2022 9:39 AM

Apr 2019
Amazing episode. The animation was really good in this episode. The boob grabbing arc is over and people can finally stop bitching about it. The main storyline starts from this episode. I like how Aki's backstory was done in this episode. As for the gun devil introduction, I feel that the manga did it better. It happened way too fast in the anime.

Next up we have the
arc. Can't wait.
Nov 8, 2022 9:40 AM
Jun 2017
Boobs, breasts even
Nov 8, 2022 9:40 AM

Jan 2009
sad backstory of Aki the Gun Devil killed his family when he was young

Himeno one of the best girl is finally having more screen time and her contract with the Ghost Devil is cool

Denji reach his goal of touching boobs but he feels nothing lol

degNov 8, 2022 9:46 AM
Nov 8, 2022 9:43 AM
Mar 2021
snowball fight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 8, 2022 9:44 AM

May 2016
Denji got some more motivation thanks to Makima.
Nov 8, 2022 9:44 AM

Dec 2020
Would have been cool if they also included the deaths from other countries from the gun devil like in the manga but other than that its been a perfect episode 10/10

That ed is amazing they keep outdoing themselves each week with the visuals and it hasn't even been half of them yet
DeFa-Nov 8, 2022 9:48 AM

๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฏ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ฎ ๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ฐ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ฟ๐“ช๐“ต๐“พ๐“ฎ.
๐“˜๐“ท ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ผ ๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“น๐“ฝ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต,
๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ผ ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ.

Nov 8, 2022 9:45 AM
Mar 2021
Finally the best character (Kobeni) is here!
Nov 8, 2022 9:48 AM
Oct 2016
As someone whom begrudgingly read the manga after it was hyped to oblivion and back, I gotta say I forgot how horrible these early arcs are. Later on it gets decently good, or at least better than the early parts. But like this stuff right now is trash. Denji has got to be the most pea brained protagonist ever made. His sole motivation is sexy time of any capacity. Not even exclusively with Makima like we just saw. Dude doesn't even have any loyalty. As soon as Himeno mentioned tongue Denji folded and completely forgot about his promise with Makima. Dude is the literal definition of a caveman. Sees hot girl, falls head over heals for hot girl, completely forgets everything else. Its really dumb. Denji is absolutely the worst part of this show right now. Thank god for Aki, that dude saves this thing in the early days. He's like the only motivation I have for watching as the early arcs get adapted. Power gets better later too but even her right now is annoying. This is just a real slog and I'm pretty sure this first season won't get to anything good yet. Maybe a certain arc after this one but idk.
Nov 8, 2022 9:48 AM

Jan 2021
Damn, that was hype af
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Nov 8, 2022 9:49 AM

Jun 2015
The main plot finally started. Makima's tease got me at the edge of my seat
Nov 8, 2022 9:50 AM
Feb 2017
Kobeni made too many noises this episode
It's Aiko!!!!
Nov 8, 2022 9:51 AM

Jul 2017
Another really well directed episode for the most part, except maybe one little scene with Denji and Arai running, which looked a little stiff and off. Besides that, the storyboarding and directing for this whole episode was great, Power's scene with Denji was well directed but the Makima-Denji scene was next level. Something was missing intentionally when Denji got his reward of grabbing Power's breasts, but with the Makima scene, the erotic and alluring feel to the mood rose massively with how everything was portrayed here in the anime with her seduction showcase here. The staff knew what they were doing with these kind of scenes and how to make it feel as cinematic and impactful with what is happening as possible. Even the Gun Devil flashback was great, and the buildup to this new arc was solid too. Even nice to see Himeno tease Denji a bit and get to see more of the characters (especially Kobeni) and the chemistry be explored as a whole as a unit. Denji had an underwhelming feeling to accomplishing his previous goal, but with his interests fully dialed in for Makima after her seducing him like that, he's got a long way to go for her. At least he did get a more satisfactory experience with her than with Power for the same thing.

I'm just glad that I got to see an episode on-time for once and not have to worry about being spoiled with screenshots because this episode normally airs right when I have a lecture, thanks to reading week. ED song isn't the best, but the visuals are great. I think the person that directed the Da Wang Mao Ring opening did this one since I can tell some similarities, that OP was fantastically animated/directed too.

The writing overall isn't peak levels by any means, especially in this portion of the series. But watching 20+ minutes of this weekly still feels like a nice palate cleanser for my day, it's a solid and fun enough watch 5 episodes in.
Nov 8, 2022 9:51 AM
May 2021
Wow what a banger of an ep!! Denji touching some oppais!!! His dream came thru lmaoo. Cant wait for no ep!! Wooo
Nov 8, 2022 9:54 AM
Nov 2022
Ofcourse the gun man is from america, only in ohio
Nov 8, 2022 9:54 AM

May 2020
denji been really lucky this ep....

Nov 8, 2022 9:55 AM
Jun 2022
Denji dream came true but with a twist
Nov 8, 2022 9:56 AM
Nov 2021
kobeni<3 also bitter choco decoration vibes from the ending
Nov 8, 2022 9:57 AM
Jun 2019
Finally can see Kobeni in motion!
Nov 8, 2022 9:58 AM
Jul 2016
First time watching an episode without it lagging!!!

Anyway, episode was more of precursor to the crazy shit yet to come.

Damn Aki's backstory gave me goosebumps, and I only get goosebumps to songs I really like. So MAPPA gets an A++ on that!

Also manga spoiler

Ending song looked good. Himeno, Kobeni, and Arai had some fun interactions! Also the infamous gum scene got animated!!!!

Feels like episode 2 again! But with a little more devil carnage.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

YoshePlays - Oct 7, 2022

2656 by PokefanPT »»
Yesterday, 12:11 PM

» Blu Ray sales aren't everything

CreepHazard - Feb 1, 2023

39 by EastIndiaCompany »»
Yesterday, 7:30 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1139 by xSake »»
Apr 23, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 6, 2022

581 by Dark_zarich »»
Apr 21, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 22, 2022

730 by Dark_zarich »»
Apr 21, 9:49 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.