Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 6, 2022 4:50 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post and reduce spoilers.
The thread will be unlocked at approximately 00:30 (JST) This thread is now unlocked

A reminder of some rules:
  • Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Refrain from multi-posting consecutively. Use the edit button if necessary.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here.
anime-primeDec 6, 2022 7:30 AM
Dec 6, 2022 7:30 AM

May 2020
Though Himeno's dead, but that ghost hand did one last thing, waking Denji up. He’s damn late in the party, but still that minute segment with 3rd ED in the background and him announcing his arrival was straight up heat. But sad to say the coolness didn’t live long as his opponent Katana Man isn’t some pushover… man splitted Denji in exact half. DAMN.

Undertaker waking from dead was a usual sight back in the day, but to see the same with Makima.. no wait, we still aren’t done as the iconic shrine moment with life-sentenced convicts glorified the second half. The moment which made Makima the deadliest Devil Hunter of the series, made her name synonymous with the term “OP” itself, saw its perfect adaptation. Sasuga Mappa.

Kobeni making Katana Man and Sawatari leave with their tails between their legs a certified badass moment. Though she wants to leave this job right off lol.

This episode was everything Chainsaw Man will be going forward. Also nice ED from Aimer.

Jun 2019
How cruel of MAPPA to start the episode with the same Himeno scene to make me emotional once again. The fight between Denji and Samurai Sword was awesome. But, once again, sad to see all the people we just got to knew died. The terrifying might of Makima's power was perfectly shown in this episode.

RIP to all the members of Devil Hunter org. Kobeni was so cool in this episode. She rescued Denji which was great to see. And, the ED by Aimer was really beautiful as well. I'll miss Himeno. Great episode. Look forward to much more insane shit coming everyone's way.

Jul 2017
Akane Sawatari with her Snake Devil and Katana Man successfully manages to subdue Himeno shielding Aki, but definitely not Denji, who has transformed into Chainsaw Man. And Katana Man alone with all that firepower against Denji, it's only calling for reinforcements that both manage to lay waste on him.

While the rest of the Devil Hunters getting shot in cold blood, as for Makima, she wouldn't be just dead that easily, and the train to Kyoto is just like the Train in Busan, with full-on blood and carcasses ravaging. Both Kurose and Tendo here as backups to help Makima shield Denji from the enemy, which he was captured by the same organization of people hiring goons to do the assassination job.

Even for a moment, one of them getting just balloon-burst in blood...and subsequently one by one, Akane's teams get decimated by Makima just awaiting at the shrine with a fresh set of clothing and life-sentenced convicts exchanged for power, which is one of the key highlight scenes shown in the teaser PVs. And true than not, Makima's power with all not knowing which devil(s) she had contracted with, it's a fair game of Makima being Death Note's Light Yagami, calling out names and getting killed on the spot. DAMN, Makima's power is fearsome, making both Akane and Katana Man sweat buckets.

Kobeni going all crazy to racing to save Denji from the clutches of Sawatari and Katana Man, it's a "tit for tat" karma to draw out this fight, her John Wick-like last blood to fight for her life in this batshit insane job. As the fight against the Gun Devil draws near, so too are the Public Safety people dwindling in resignation to avoid getting killed, such is the case of Madoka for personnel shortage. Even both Kurose and Tendo getting shivers at this job, they know that their time is near in this job full of secrets and lies.

Aimer's ED picks up with TK's song last episode being very soul-feeling, drenched in blood. Easily one of the best EDs showcasing Makima's ability and the foreshadowing so far.

But man, the episodes are brutality upon brutality, and shit gets deeper than ever before.
KANLen09Dec 7, 2022 7:57 AM
Dec 6, 2022 7:31 AM

Oct 2017
Makima's ability is just insane and love her demeanor. Kobeni was pretty cool too.

Episode 9 ED:

https://twitter.com/CHAINSAWMAN_PR/status/1600150571901665289?t=er0a-9x115OcVjDwNdYJyA&s=19
MegamiRemDec 8, 2022 4:27 AM
Dec 6, 2022 7:31 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, no mercy at all. But I have to admit, Denji himself was also ruthless this episode.

Bodies fell to the floor, blood spilled. This episode is a Chainsaw Man classic if you ask me. And Aimer's theme song is fantastic.
Dec 6, 2022 7:35 AM
Community Mod
💧Focalors💧

Mar 2022
It was Kobeni's time to shine, and she did not disappoint!!

Makima certainly is terrifying, that was brutal.

Dec 6, 2022 7:39 AM

Dec 2020
So they stopped exactly where I thought they would. Another great episode. We got to see Makima and Kobeni's powers.
Dec 6, 2022 7:47 AM

Sep 2020
Nice usage of ending 3 that song is literally anthem of chainsaw man. Kobeni's scene was absolutely nuts lol they even added the scene of her killing that old lady.. And makima ass shots are what I live for. Absolute cinema
One Piece Episodes 1018 & 1027 were a mistake and 1033 brought salvation. -DrippySid

Dec 6, 2022 7:52 AM

Jan 2009
Watching this show weekly as anime-only is turning out to be not-so-wise haha
The ride keeps getting crazier and better, loving it!
Dec 6, 2022 7:56 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This thread has been cleaned.

Please keep posts on topic of the episode itself. Posts focusing on the ratings of the episode thread instead of the contents of the episode itself will be removed without notice.
Dec 6, 2022 7:56 AM

Jul 2020
God f**king dammit crappa, I knew the episode would look like shit based on hints of cgi from the preview
Why does freaking Kobeni get better direction and animation than chainsaw vs katana
Dec 6, 2022 8:04 AM
Apr 2021
Amazing and very brutal episode
Dec 6, 2022 8:22 AM

Apr 2020
blood bath everywhere

denji mf is so late to the party

they didnt need to start with himeno again .....its cruel
Dec 6, 2022 8:25 AM

Apr 2018
The third ending is the best, it's used every single time now. Denji woke up through the curse of Himeno (Ghost Hand). And we've got to see Katana Man fight against, dude's just a lil bit strong tbh.
Aside from that, Kobeni had some pretty good action scenes too. But, the best scene of the whole episode was surely Makima at the shrine. The moment you actually can't deny that she is the most evil person out there living as an innocent woman. A great ending by Aimer, not the best, but it's fine.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Dec 6, 2022 8:38 AM

Nov 2016
Makima's showing was on another level, but put some respect on Kobeni 😤

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 6, 2022 8:38 AM
Dec 2021
Kobeni got that John Wick devil
My Candies:
Dec 6, 2022 8:40 AM
Sep 2015
Best episode yet, however, the sound mixing in Kobeni's fight scene is very bad.

Makima's power is quite interesting, and there seems to be more (like how she survive), and I'm sure there are many more powerful Devil Hunter in the organization, and even though with all that power, they're still dancing in the palm of Gun Devil's hand.

The trio Denji-Aki-Power get no role in this episode. It's dedicated to the fight exclusively between "higher-up" characters. Those trio have to climb the rank higher before joining the fun.
Dec 6, 2022 8:43 AM
Jul 2022
ObamaSensei said:
God f**king dammit crappa, I knew the episode would look like shit based on hints of cgi from the preview
Why does freaking Kobeni get better direction and animation than chainsaw vs katana
I haven't watched it yet, they really ruined Chainsaw vs Katana? kek
Dec 6, 2022 8:46 AM

Jul 2022
Fight in the beginning was so great, but I feel like these episodes are wasting so much time to make things feel more cinematic.
Dec 6, 2022 8:55 AM

Nov 2019
Should we tell Kobeni about Himeno?

Power is MIA, Aki is probably still on the roof, Denji is, uhm...And Kobeni is still around I guess

Dec 6, 2022 8:58 AM
Nov 2022
-Filtodein- said:
ObamaSensei said:

no bro, this eps for makima and kobeni, round2 for katana man and denji in eps 12 so it's okay and fight in eps 9 is great to
Dec 6, 2022 9:00 AM

Oct 2022
With this episode we got to witness the fight between the katana man and denji and also got to know about makima's true powers.
Jun 2015
excellent all around. the animation gets a little awkward and ugly at times but i don't mind, i'd take bad animation over whatever the fuck mappa is already putting it's animators through for this. no notes. aimer's voice gorgeous as usual thanks queen
Jul 2022
asamitaka16 said:
-Filtodein- said:

no bro, this eps for makima and kobeni, round2 for katana man and denji in eps 12 so it's okay and fight in eps 9 is great to
I haven't watched it, but I'm pretty sure Chainsaw vs Katana happens in this episode. I'm not talking about the rematch (that will obviously happen in Episode 12).
Dec 6, 2022 9:08 AM

Jul 2012
This story is insane. So Himeno and Arai are really gone. Makima is terrifying. Kobeni is surprising. What an intense episode and the music really heightened some of those scenes. This time the ED feels kind of sad.
Dec 6, 2022 9:12 AM
Sep 2020
couldn't ask for more from mappa
Dec 6, 2022 9:12 AM

Feb 2012
The greatness continues! I love the twist and turns of the plot and characters, even Kobeni is so complex!
Dec 6, 2022 9:23 AM

Apr 2020
For some reason I just can't handle Kobeni in anime form, she's nowhere near as annoying in the manga as she is here. Those strange noises the VA does are just so off-putting and really takes me out of it. Maybe I just don't like the VA choice in general. Also, the, uh, music? Those sounds that were used during the Kobeni fight were so abyssmal and they just kept looping for such a long time. It was so distracting. Everything else was good though.
Dec 6, 2022 9:28 AM

Nov 2016
RIP Arai, he was too good of a person for the Devil Hunters.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 6, 2022 9:29 AM
May 2021
Pure peakness!! Woww! Mappa did amazing on this ep! & what a beautiful ending too!
Dec 6, 2022 9:29 AM
Sep 2022
That laugh tho at the beginning... It gave me fcking goosebumps
Dec 6, 2022 9:30 AM

Apr 2013
Hybrids fight part 1 was good; not necessarily the greatest sakuga but still solid and teases the rematch. Makima's fuckery at the shrine and Kobeni finally channeling her crazy to kill some folks were the highlights of the episode. Daddy Kishibe will finally have his time to shine next week.
jaunis said:
For some reason I just can't handle Kobeni in anime form, she's nowhere near as annoying in the manga as she is here. Those strange noises the VA does are just so off-putting and really takes me out of it. Maybe I just don't like the VA choice in general. Also, the, uh, music? Those sounds that were used during the Kobeni fight were so abyssmal and they just kept looping for such a long time. It was so distracting. Everything else was good though.
Kobeni is literally the same person in the manga, there's just no sound when you read panels. Her entire character is being a socially awkward nervous mess.

Mod Edit: Added image tags.
KneelBeforeMeDec 6, 2022 10:15 AM
Dec 6, 2022 9:31 AM

Apr 2019
Green_Giorno said:
Fight in the beginning was so great, but I feel like these episodes are wasting so much time to make things feel more cinematic.

They are adapting at a pace of 3.5 chapters per episode. It's already pretty fast in my opinion. How much faster do you want them to go? They aren't cutting anything and adding a few extra scenes as well. The manga has those cinematic scenes as well. They are just trying to do it justice.
Dec 6, 2022 9:33 AM

Dec 2020
What a an amazing episode, makima and kobeni moments was also amazing.

Ed 9 was from Aimer really deep and great. RIp himeno and all of the squad members who died.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Dec 6, 2022 9:33 AM

Apr 2019
Another great episode. The adaptation is going good so far. Hope the next episode is good as well.
Dec 6, 2022 9:34 AM

Nov 2014
Ngl, girls won this episode for me. Both Makima's and Kobeni's scenes were much better than Chainsaw fight. And for that matter, I thought Kobeni is just some random to kill off - and here she is, not only surviving, but also kicking ass?
Dec 6, 2022 9:34 AM
Aug 2022
the episode was good. We got to see denji in action just to get his ass kicked.

So far it is the most bloodiest episode in the series and tbh that's also the main reason I'm watching this anime.

In total, A lot happened in one episode. We got to see makima in action, denji in deadpool pose, the new girl showing off her parkour skills without context, American normal things in a nutsell and finally useless aki.
Dec 6, 2022 9:36 AM

Apr 2021
i absolutely LOVED the fight scene between denji and samurai sword, the animation for that scene was fantastic (still dont get why ppl say the animation of this show sucks).

kobeni was so badass in this episode, i loved how she used denjis severed corpse as a shield to parry the gunshots, such a creative scene imo.

new ed was a fucking banger, way better than the first one.

this episode really lived up to all my expectations, looking forward to what happens next.
beep!
MAL's Little Raccoon #2
made by hearingnote

matching w/ sekai-

Dec 6, 2022 9:43 AM
Apr 2022
That episode was so slow
Dec 6, 2022 9:44 AM

Nov 2021
Kobeni the GOAT, love the adaptation so far. New ED every episode is a godsend
Dec 6, 2022 9:45 AM
Jan 2022
KOBENI IS MONKEY!!!??? CONFIRM!!!
Dec 6, 2022 9:46 AM

Mar 2020
Everyone is dead... until they're not. We got to see Makima wreak havoc on the Akane and the Katana Devil, and their subordinates, and it's definitely a strange power she has. Kobeni also had her time to shine, and this job is really taking a toll on her mental state, since she seems to be the most "normal" of the bunch, with her gift being her quick movements. Arai is gone, Himeno is gone, and who else is gone at this point?

Makima's powers are definitely the subject of further speculation, and there's a lot of mystery shrouding her. As for the ED, it was good, but a bit underwhelming for an Aimer song.
Dec 6, 2022 9:46 AM

Feb 2022
EACH CHAPTER EXCEEDS THE PREVIOUS ONE

As I say in the title, this chapter becomes my favorite so far (I have already said this 8 times before) of this series due to many factors

First, they show us in more detail what Himeno sacrifices in order to save Aki and the others, giving her life in exchange, something we saw last episode but not with as many emotional scenes as this one.

They show us the animation section of the fights such as Katana Man and Chainsaw Man with their level of animation worthy of this series

What I liked the most about the episode was Kobeni's fight against Sawatari and the Katana bearer (I don't remember the name, sorry) and how he was quite affected by the death of Arai, a very influential character for Kobeni because he was his devil hunter couple, and how this character acts, doing things that she doesn't even imagine, which by the way is the most human character in the play, according to me, for this I love it and without forgetting that when Kobeni fights, everything is epic

Now let's talk about Makima, Makima has a great power unknown to us since not even the same people we see in this series know with which demon she is making a contract and even so she left us very surprised with the massacre she did with Sawatari's "Companions" and without forgetting that anyone who only watches the anime and does not read the manga should not have been very surprised that Makima was alive since it is good to see Makima dead is almost impossible although I also had this impression with the manga

Undoubtedly a 10/10 episode, which by the way was a very good ending for Aimer, reminded me of the ending 2 of Made in abyss

Mappa as always doing a great job
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Dec 6, 2022 9:49 AM

Jul 2017
Kobeni and Makima stood out in this episode big time, the series continuing from the previous episode and just having everything go insane basically, from Makima showcasing her abilities there in such a twisted fashion, to Kobeni breaking down more and more as she saw her partner in Arai die next to her like that, all this after she was losing it in the Hotel with attempting to kill Denji. The Denji-Katana Man was fine but nothing special for me, but the other scenes were more interesting for sure, even if it felt somewhat slower. Good to see this episode at home for once and not be in university, having to wait while not dealing with potential spoilers or clips along the way to get home.

The Aimer ED was good, at least glad to see her deliver here and not let me down with my expectations, but I do love most of her stuff anyway. 3rd ED song I've liked from this anime, besides 1 and 3. Maximum the Hormone's song being used in this episode at the start was dope.
Dec 6, 2022 9:50 AM
Jan 2018
Writing on point, music hits different. Visuals are amazing
Dec 6, 2022 9:50 AM
Sep 2021
Sad for himeno but makima really stole the episode and kobeni at the end was a little surprise, let's see where things go from here.
I give it 6/10.
Dec 6, 2022 9:52 AM
May 2019
Good ending by Aimer catJAM
Dec 6, 2022 9:53 AM
Oct 2014
Anyone shitting on the CGI at this point is just hating. The models look spectacular and are animated well. What even is good CG to you people?

(Yes, I have seen Land of the Lustrous and Beastars)
Dec 6, 2022 9:53 AM

Jul 2019
Pretty good, i would have preferred less cgi at the beginning, but it is what it is.
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1139 by xSake »»
Yesterday, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 22, 2022

730 by Dark_zarich »»
Apr 21, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Who else thinks Ryu Nakayama did an amazing job with Chainsaw Man S1?

GoatPieceLuffy - Jan 8

45 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Apr 20, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 1, 2022

781 by XxSkullPistolzxX »»
Apr 19, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 29, 2022

1015 by dgashti »»
Apr 19, 3:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.