Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 14, 2022 10:25 AM
Jul 2018
I like JRPGs so anime must be better than Western TV too!

I wanted to get my Completed list up.

To find le date with shared interest.

To have gifs to post on Tumblr.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 14, 2022 10:41 AM

Feb 2018
I watched Serial Experiments Lain because it had cool cover art, I mean I still like the cover art, it's good art and I like the anime too, so basically I judged the book by it's cover and it payed off.
Sep 14, 2022 10:52 AM

Dec 2021
I watched an anime called ‘Peach Girl: Super Pop Love Hurricane’ solely based on the name alone. Who couldn’t resist a name like that? xD

I also started watching Cross Ange on a whim one day, just because I had seen a picture of the main character on MAL somewhere a few weeks before and I thought she looked kinda cute haha (^_^;)

Edit: Oh yeah, I also watched Akira because it’s Kanye West’s favourite movie.
SaiteiDaOretteSep 14, 2022 11:01 AM
Sep 14, 2022 10:56 AM

Dec 2021
I watched Gamers! for the "School Club Showcase" interest stack challenge or something to get the badge.
Sep 14, 2022 10:56 AM

Jul 2019
I watched Ladies versus Butlers! because I saw a gif featuring a wardrobe malfuntion and I liked the way they animated the jiggle...
Sep 14, 2022 11:00 AM

Oct 2018
I watched an anime because I enjoyed an insert song, watched all 13 episodes and the insert song played only once.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Sep 14, 2022 11:07 AM

Jun 2014
I'm not sure if it's considered stupid, but I started watching "My Hero Academia" because somebody gave me t-shirts that had characters from the anime on them. I then thought to myself, "Maybe I'll give this show a try," and I did, and it turns out that it's really good. I can't wait for the 6th season.

Sep 14, 2022 11:09 AM

Jan 2021
Because I saw a pic with a girl with big breasts and with little clothes. I have watched more than 1 anime for that very same reason.
Sep 14, 2022 11:09 AM
Aug 2021
i watched an anime because i'm a completionist.
Sep 14, 2022 11:15 AM

Sep 2020
I watched Haiykuu because I used to be a volleyball player. Also, every time I was watching any volleyball video on youtube the whole comment section was about Hakiyuu and I got curious about it.
Sep 14, 2022 11:19 AM

Sep 2018
I watched some old music videos to make my score/years chart on malgraph neater (for example, when you've only watched one anime from a certain year and rated it 1 or 10 the chart becomes messed up).

Okubyou na Venus is the most noteworthy.
Sep 14, 2022 11:20 AM

Nov 2016
Phosphophyllita said:
I watched an anime because I enjoyed an insert song, watched all 13 episodes and the insert song played only once.

Yeah, kind of the same for me. I've watched some anime like Maid-sama only based on one track featured on the soundtrack without knowing much else about the show. But I'm not sure if it's really that stupid even if the insert song isn't that heavily used as I find the soundtrack to be really important as it usually reflects the show's mood and might even save a show for me.
Sep 14, 2022 11:22 AM

Dec 2015
Back in the days, if i saw breast, i watched it.

Sep 14, 2022 11:29 AM

Aug 2012
I've finished anime that I hated because at one point I was a completionist (I was a dumb as hell back then).
Sep 14, 2022 11:32 AM

Sep 2020
I once watched an anime because its ed is so amazing.
Sep 14, 2022 11:35 AM

May 2021
I watched Euphoria because someone said how disgusting it was and how it's not for the weak and to prove how unfazed and desensitized my mind is I watched it. (Also it was really disgusting, at least one particular scene was.)
AstrollythSep 14, 2022 6:35 PM

“๐˜๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ, ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜บ ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜บ๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ. ๐˜๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ซ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ณ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฃ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ด “๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ”. ๐˜๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ง ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ “๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ” ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฆ๐˜น๐˜ค๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ.” – ๐˜š๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ช ๐˜ž๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฆ
สแด€sแดœสœแด€ - า“สŸสแด…แด€ส แด„สœษชษดแด€แด›แดแดกษด

Sep 14, 2022 12:19 PM

Mar 2022
I watched Free because I thought the guys were hot. (Came for the guys, stayed for the plot and character relationships.)
The siren of a flightless bird

Quietly destroying its cage

Dance, until tonight, with a raised voice-

For I don't want to lose hope!

-Utsuro wo Aogu, Vivid BAS SQUAD
Sep 14, 2022 12:34 PM

Mar 2021
i watched billionaire detective because the art style reminded me of spy x family, which i was heavily anticipating at the time
Sep 14, 2022 12:35 PM

Feb 2020
I watched Bunny Girl Senpai not because of the title, but because I saw a clip of it in a "indirect kisses in anime" video on youtube way back in the day (aka 2019...). Not my proudest moment, but I think I've come a long way.
Please sign up for MangAlert! It's a little project I made that I'd really like to see the light of day and some users.

MangAlert! (please sign up!)
GitHub Repo (please star!)
Sep 14, 2022 12:59 PM

Jun 2017
I watch a lot of things just to get MalGraph awards.

I watched School Days and a few other ecchi comedies specifically because they had nudity and at the time i knew nothing about anime so my logic was "If i don't like it, i can at least see tits".

I decided to watch GUndam Buld Fighters because for some reason, there;s a ton of hentai with Rinko Iori
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Sep 14, 2022 2:03 PM
Dec 2021
We watched Madoka Magica just to hate it.

Rebellion completely changed our minds.
Sep 14, 2022 2:10 PM

Jan 2022
I watch anime solely based on how quality the memes of the show are in r/animememes.
-insert NGE meme here-
Sep 14, 2022 2:45 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
The most stupid reason for watching anime was absolutely no reason at all

Sep 14, 2022 3:01 PM

Jun 2022
If I see a nice op on YouTube I'm usually motivated to check out the anime, it's worked out less than 1 out of 7 times so far.

A lot of people online were talking about how Hametsu no Mars and Ex-arm were the worst anime ever and a complete waste of time. Guess what, I checked both of them out and they are both the worst and a complete waste of time.
Sep 14, 2022 3:10 PM

May 2021
I watched an ep of ex-arm to laugh at crunchy roll
Inhales oxygen
Sep 14, 2022 4:43 PM

Jul 2016
I watched Keijo because I'm an ass-man.
Sep 14, 2022 4:47 PM

Dec 2012
I started Space Brothers because I wanted to point and laugh at how ugly and "uncool" it was. Ten years later, it's one of my all time favorites.
Sep 14, 2022 4:55 PM

Jan 2018
I've watched many because I had heard they where the worse of the worse an I just had to see it with own eyes.
Sep 14, 2022 4:57 PM
Jul 2018
I expected a sex scene in a non-hentai anime lured by the cover.
Sep 14, 2022 5:04 PM

Oct 2015
I've watched many anime only cause I liked their openings and wanted to get them show up on the Anime Music Quiz game

Stepped out from the darkness I contained in me.
Released myself form the shackles I helped create.

I've got the power of life in my hands,
and I intend to keep it.

My life has meaning after all.

Sep 14, 2022 5:18 PM
Mar 2017
I didn't do this (why would I, I have standards) but thought to myself even though I'd never even seen the series to watch a movie to a series I hadn't seen because I'd never seen an anime movie in cinemas especially where I live because only big stuff makes it here, so any anime i actually cared about would be too less popular and only be in the state cities of around 1-3 cinemas (which is a surprise itself that it releases in the west at all). Glad it was a thought and I left it as a thought I have standards and will laugh about it.

I'll take the anime movies I actually care about on DVD/blu-ray instead not seeing a random one in cinemas and it not be authentic.

I wouldn't waste my time doing that and never will. I would have thought if big slice of life anime I like did, but no thanks couldn't care less to watch a series I hadn't already seen before in cinemas just to say 'I watched an anime in cinemas' XD.

I'm surprised by what niche games even get a visual novel physical release and if it even comes to the west at all let alone a movie in western cinemas.

It's why I hate seeing anime movie announcements and them appearing so much later online for us western audiences to see especially as they are Japanese only releases and I have to wait months/years to see them same as OVAs (which is why beach/onsen ovas are not worth waiting for months later to see) than airing tv series that are so easy to access.

So I always groan when anime movies are announced especially the ones to end off the series (like waiting for parts 4-6 of the Girls Und Panzer movies I felt it even with all of the first 3 movies).

Otherwise I can't think of any other reasons that were stupid as I just watch anything of interest no matter how trash it is.

I don't see anime based on an image of a character or scene on social media or videos at all. I only look for the description of an anime on Anichart/Livechart or MAL. When it comes to Hentai it's just description on MAL or whatever is on the site of interest.

I don't even watch Top Ten videos anymore.

I used to look at Yahoo answers when I first got into anime but I've found other ways to find series these days that suit me same as finding games based on developers past titles or a genre/console library list on wikipedia or metacritic (not because I'm looking for the scores just because I'm researching what companies made or what is on that console or part of that genre and seems interesting to me for niche games besides any collectors showcase in videos).

I just watch/read whatever I see on MAL when I search with 1 word and check the other results, MAL recommendations (the rare times of seeing no reviews/no recommendations is always nice to see so I can make my own review to fill in the gap) or from manga apps where many results are visible.
Suntanned_Duck2Sep 14, 2022 5:25 PM
Sep 14, 2022 5:21 PM

Apr 2022
I tried watching Satsuriku no Tenshi cause of fanart I saw that was used as a background image on Nightblue music yt channel
Started playing Girl's Frontline for a same reason
Sep 14, 2022 5:42 PM

May 2021
A random clip I found somewhere on Facebook made me watch Etotama.

Sep 14, 2022 6:58 PM

Aug 2019
I watched '1' (is that even an anime?) to get the 001 malbadge achievement

Sep 14, 2022 7:03 PM

Sep 2022
I saw a character I thought was hot and decided to watch it to understand said character and come to a conclusion as to if I still liked her or not.
There was also JoJo. You can probably guess why I watched JoJo.
yeah i'd kick a baby for a dollar
Sep 14, 2022 7:43 PM

Feb 2021
I'm currently watching ikkitousen and Queen's Blade because I heard the two have girls urinating moments.

Don't judge.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Sep 15, 2022 4:15 AM

Jul 2007
I made this mistake of watching K-On because I was under the impression that it was going to be an anime about music.
โ˜†โ˜†โ˜†
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
โ˜†โ˜†โ˜†

Sep 25, 2022 5:30 PM
Dec 2017
Scarlet Nexus why? because i was bored thats why.
EndlessMaria said:
I made this mistake of watching K-On because I was under the impression that it was going to be an anime about music.

Read Buzzy Noise, you'll like that quite a bit as well as its unique artstyle.

Sep 25, 2022 5:31 PM

Jan 2021
IronGhost115 said:
I watched Serial Experiments Lain because it had cool cover art, I mean I still like the cover art, it's good art and I like the anime too, so basically I judged the book by it's cover and it payed off.

hooo boy this is common. I'm with you there on so many series.
yo
Sep 25, 2022 5:43 PM

Dec 2012
-In my early days of anime watching I picked up several things off the DVD rack for the cool cover
-I've picked up random shows on streaming services just 'cause I was bored
-I've picked up some things for having good looking female characters
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Sep 25, 2022 6:19 PM

Aug 2016
Crow_Black said:
Scarlet Nexus why? because i was bored thats why.
EndlessMaria said:

Read Buzzy Noise, you'll like that quite a bit as well as its unique artstyle.

As someone who has an idea of how music bands and music production works, K-ON has a much more mature and genuine approach to music than Buzzy Noise. Anyway, if you are going full hardcore with music, you have to see outside anime: Whiplash!
:v
Sep 25, 2022 11:29 PM

Oct 2008
I watched all of "Gundam Build Fighters", just to be able to enjoy the doujinshi.
Sep 29, 2022 3:37 AM
Jul 2018
_-_Sally_-_ said:
I'm not sure if it's considered stupid, but I started watching "My Hero Academia" because somebody gave me t-shirts that had characters from the anime on them. I then thought to myself, "Maybe I'll give this show a try," and I did, and it turns out that it's really good. I can't wait for the 6th season.

I'm surprised you like Hero Academia. Not meant in a judging way ofc, but I'm surprised you like it. It doesn't seem to fit your overall taste.

Interesting / good looking character designs and I wanted to know if I like the characters or only the designs. Is it a stupid reason? I dunno.
Sep 29, 2022 3:55 AM

Aug 2022
SouthRzVa said:

Same, but I'm only planning to do it.
Sep 29, 2022 3:59 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
It's pretty stupid if you need a reason to watch Japan's greatest creations
ryo-sanSep 29, 2022 4:07 AM

Sep 29, 2022 4:02 AM

May 2013
The only reason to watch anime is for cute anime girls

Sep 29, 2022 4:07 AM

Aug 2020
Usually for romance because my irl romance doesn't go right
Sep 29, 2022 4:11 AM

Dec 2021
I watched "Scums wish " because I saw in a youtube video where the youtuber said its the number #1 fucked up anime. (This anime wasn't that bad tho)

Hope to find that distinct person.
Sep 29, 2022 4:12 AM

Jul 2014
I've enjoyed the hentai doujinshis lmao
Sep 29, 2022 4:16 AM

Dec 2021
SouthRzVa said:

Us.
I also watched keijo back in 2018, just to saw butts & butt fights.
I guess, that time I was a damn pervert๐Ÿ˜€
Hope to find that distinct person.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» What are you watching right now??

Nashiro18 - Apr 21

41 by Horshu »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » is anime an escapism for you?

deg - Apr 21

29 by Horshu »»
5 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

133 by APolygons2 »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 2 hours ago

16 by mentalmondai »»
6 minutes ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

47 by Horshu »»
7 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.