Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 10, 2022 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
Takina and the other looks ready for some serious business this episode.

This episode seems to have the road path to the final climax. Bodies dropping and blood being spilled. The public has never felt less safe than ever now. Chisato still went about her usual business of shooting and fighting in style.

Majima is a tricky opponent tbh, never know what he's really thinking.
Sep 10, 2022 8:19 AM

Nov 2010
Setting a dark place as the battle field, Majima used his echo location ability fully this time. The click sound made by tongue worked as the ping of active SONAR.
kuroneko99 said:
Majima's listening ability and Chisato's watching ability contrast well. If they are to confront each other in a dark place, Majima has an advantage over Chisato.
My guess was not bad.

--- edit ---
  • If the scene of the explosion at the new tower is played frame-by-frame, you can easily see girls' bags eject air bags. (The idea is fine, but the retraction depicted in the OP is implausible.)
  • Google street view can display old views like Kurumi did. Just a tip.
kuroneko99Sep 13, 2022 6:21 AM
Sep 10, 2022 8:41 AM

Feb 2020
Great action-packed episode as expected. I loved every second.
Sep 10, 2022 9:27 AM

Jul 2017
So now Takina knows about Chisato joining the operation to subdue Majima, while the latter joins Mika with Robota's intervention and begin on their way heading towards Majima to save Yoshimatsu.

Even till the end, I just love Mizuki being tricked, as is the plane ticket out provided by Walnut/Kurumi, and at this juncture, the intelligent hacker herself tracking Yoshimatsu's advances with Chisato, and turns out that Chisato's heart has a double that's an improved version from the Alan Institute? This is some next level planning.

With DA infiltrating Enkuboku trying to get a trace of Majima, together with Yoshimatsu being kidnapped by the mass murderer entrapped in the old radio tower, this sure seems a probability of a double trap. Even Takina has to make a Trolley problem's decision of choosing to stay with DA or save Chisato, and it doesn't take a genius to know what her decision will be.

Time for Majima's Act Two, and this one is a damning indictment towards exposing the Lycoris in broad daylight, but there's some truth in Majima's words as well of a world shadowed by lies and false belief. With Chisato's entrance marks Act Three, and her solo effort is already so much better than the entirety of DA put altogether, though against Majima she stands no chance for his intention to rough up Alan Institute.

It's Takina to the rescue, and it's the deciding battle of the two leads vs. Majima, which only gets more pumped.
2 more episodes to go, and it's gonna be exhilarating.
Sep 10, 2022 9:33 AM

Sep 2012
As I said, heart in briefcase. Great action episode
Sep 10, 2022 9:34 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Takina has heard about Chisato and is now rushing over to the cafe.
Meanwhile, Kurumi says bye to Mizuki who unfortunately has an economy ticket xD.
Wen Takina arrives, seems Chisato isn't there and she suspects Majima.
'Your daughter who was separated at birth is waiting for you.' Mizuki is annoyed she won't get to meet her boyfriend but the situation is urgent and Kurumi needs her lol.
She tells Takina there is another of Chisato's hearts! And Yoshimatsu most likely has it.
Seems it is an improved version of Chisato's.
The only problem is they don't know where Yoshimatsu is...
They work out Chisato is going to the person who has the heart. Though Takina thinks it may be a trap...
Fuki is being an idiot. I hope she gets isekai'd by a truck. What a stupid unneeded loser.
In the end idiotic Fuki lets Takina go luckily.
Majima is telling the public about Lycoris.
Citizens are shooting each other...
Meanwhile, Chisato has now entered the building by herself.
Them people shooting at her whilst she was hanging from the metal construction stationary should be fired.
Chisato finds Yoshimatsu but Majima is also there...
He shoots Yoshimatsu and says if Chisato dodges he will shoot him again.
Chisato is getting beaten pretty badly and because she's a coward she refuses to shoot him with live ammo when she has the chance xD.
Luckily Takina is here too!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Sep 10, 2022 9:36 AM

Feb 2021
Wow this episode was insane.

The action scenes specially were very thrilling.
The scene with Kurumi in the airport was really funny.

Just two more episodes to go, I really wanna see what happens next.
Sep 10, 2022 9:37 AM
Aug 2021
yo what is this anime btw
Sep 10, 2022 9:39 AM

Jan 2022
This was a good episode!! Glad to see that Chisato still loves living life on the edge. Takina came at the perfect time. I'm still hoping green hair dude wants to help Chisato out by getting her heart replaced. I'm wondering what happened to Yoshi though
This never updates so that's cool
Sep 10, 2022 9:41 AM

Mar 2021
Fantastic episode so much action , thankfully Takina managed to get to Chisato at the old radio tower to help her with the showdown with Majima
Sep 10, 2022 9:41 AM

May 2020
Dodging bullets in this series is as easy as breathing lol. Though for all that build-up we had in last episode, we capitalized each and every second of it this time.

Chisato x Takina against Majima for the one final time now, can already sense the epicness awaiting us in that penultimate episode next time.
Sep 10, 2022 9:44 AM

Sep 2021
I really, really loved this episode! And surprisingly for me, Majima was such a highlight during it~
His continuous exposure of the lies that the DA perpetuates through the Lycoris is super intriguing to watch, and like someone else said, you never really know what he's thinking, which makes every scene with him so much more intense. Painting the DA (and the Lycoris, by extension) as the true enemy was pretty chilling to watch.

Our Walnut was also great this episode, it was so funny seeing her doing super-involved hacker stuff with the flight attendant being like "please put your little toys away before takeoff". Actually, another thing I liked was the balance between humor and super heavy/intense moments, something that Lycoris Recoil has been really great with all season. It would be really easy for them to make this episode super dark and oppressive throughout. And while parts of it definitely were, it still managed to have the trademark moments of levity that I think Lycoris Recoil has become known for.

Chisato was also really pushed to her limits of being non-lethal here, and I felt like that undercurrent really carried us through her climb, going out of her way to make sure everyone was safe at the expense of her own safety. And Majima toying with her was just the icing on that cake; he knows how much more dangerous it makes situations for her, and he really uses that to his advantage.

Obviously I'm rooting for Chisato and Takina all the way, but I also love that Majima is bringing everything full circle from when we first saw consequences of Chisato's non-lethal stance. Really excited for next week, it's time for the showdown finale, just two episodes left~

We can always go somewhere again.
✧✧✧✧✧✧
profilewatchingart credit

Sep 10, 2022 9:46 AM

Jan 2009
superior eyesight (Chisato) vs superior hearing (Majima)

and confirmed the content of the bag is an artificial heart for Chisato and its a better version of the old one

and go Takina i believe in you

Dec 2020
Yo takina came at the best moment so majima his technique is the sound good that takina has make light in the room.
So there is a better heart for heart i hope its there.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Mar 2020
People are awoken to the cruel reality that their peace was all a lie this whole time, and it gets nasty in the streets. Takina just couldn't leave Chisato behind unprotected, and she saved the day, at least for now. Wonder what else Majima has up his sleeve.

Who lives and who meets their demise, the last two episodes are sure to be impactful and provide probably a good means to an end.
Sep 10, 2022 9:48 AM

Jun 2020
what a beautiful episode! takina joins the arena :D
forum avi: sia_job00 on twt

Sep 10, 2022 9:48 AM
Jan 2018
Chisato and Takina vs Majima let's go.

But how did Takina manage to break through those wards that kept sunlight out?
Sep 10, 2022 9:50 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Majima's whole idea of exposing the Lycoris system followed by challenging the Alan Institute feels like a little too much on his plate. And with Takina to the rescue now, it's almost inevitable what the result will come out to be. I'm just hoping lovely Chisato-san won't be taken out though, just don't drag her with you Majima...

Yoshi-san managing to get out of the bind despite the gunshot was a little surprising, I didn't think he'd be adept at this sort of thing too. Looks like thee's trouble in the streets too, I wonder how the Major will try and justify it this time.

Airport scene feat. Kurumi and Mizuki-san was fun to watch. Almost first class honor and the separated-at-birth reference, lol. Possible boyfriend in Canada though, that's an interesting series of development xD.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 10, 2022 9:51 AM

May 2021
Kurum's hacking abilities make her feel less like a hacker and more like a god that can see through time. Pretty ridiculous. Her being the separated-at-birth-daughter cracked me up though.

Also, like I guessed, Majima did indeed trap Chisato in a dark place to get the advantage. Too bad Takina's here to save the day, classic role reversal.

Sep 10, 2022 9:52 AM

Oct 2017
There is hope for Chisato, there's an upgraded new heart. Good job finding it out Kurumi. Chisato vs Majima was lit and Takina's entrance was epic. Wonder what'll happen to the lycoris after this mission though. Also what were those middle epi cards lol.
Sep 10, 2022 10:00 AM

Jun 2014
Majima is causing full scale disruption to their peaceful society, this dude is a step ahead of DA at every turn. Also, I knew Mizuki and Kurumi would come back to help in some capacity.

Thank god Takina showed up at the end to lend a hand to Chisato, this final showdown is gonna be epic.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 10, 2022 10:01 AM

Jul 2011
You discover that there's a security agency that keep the peace, that is something between the CIA and FBI, first thing you do, is shoot? Like, that cop have a gun! Shoot him!

I hope no or not some many Lycoris died there, that will be added to Chisato's old tower attack tab.
Really I wish Yoshimatsu had died there, just as plot device.
Sep 10, 2022 10:03 AM
May 2021
This is an insane episode.

Takina got the MVP for this episode.
Sep 10, 2022 10:08 AM

Jul 2020
it was as predictable as it gets tbh but I still loved the action scenes
Sep 10, 2022 10:12 AM
Jul 2020
Nice cap, sad, and interesting.
Sep 10, 2022 10:14 AM
Mar 2020
I'M SPEECHLESS WITH THIS EPISODE! >.<
Sep 10, 2022 10:17 AM

Apr 2021
This episode was pretty good. I really liked the last scene where Takina just jumps into the fight and the ed starts playing. I guess the next episode may be the final showdown. Can't wait to see it!!!
Sep 10, 2022 10:19 AM

Apr 2022
Sep 10, 2022 10:23 AM

Dec 2015
The things Kurumi could do with her skill is terrifying. Reminded me of how that one guy found out where an idol lives through images of her pupils. Takina's dynamic entry was awesome. Looking forward to them teaming up to take Majima down. On another note, I'm curious where Yoshimatsu scurried off to. Hopefully he encounters Mika on the way.
Sep 10, 2022 10:24 AM

May 2021
PyGno_ said:

I think he wanted to destroy the image of peace that the civilians had which is a bit different than Johan's perfect suicide.

Sep 10, 2022 10:25 AM

Apr 2022
RioFS said:
PyGno_ said:

I think he wanted to destroy the image of peace that the civilians had which is a bit different than Johan's perfect suicide.

but the process, with which he aims to achieve it is quite similar
Sep 10, 2022 10:26 AM

Nov 2015
Takina once again defies the DA, and once again is right. The rest of the Lycoris walk straight into a trap, and get exposed completely to the public. Good luck unringing that bell, DA!

The one jarring part was the scene with the guy in the street. "Hey, here's one of those people who are supposedly armed and extremely dangerous. You know what I should do? Let's pull out this gun I randomly found and have no training in the use of, and try shooting at her!" That made no sense at all.
Risk something, take back what's yours
Say something they know they might attack you for.
--Linkin Park, "Hands Held High"
Sep 10, 2022 10:27 AM

May 2021
PyGno_ said:
RioFS said:

but the process, with which he aims to achieve it is quite similar

Will have to say that it is a pure coincidence since they have different motivations for doing so and both fit in the narrative. Plus, so far only one Lycoris and one civilian have been killed.

Sep 10, 2022 10:31 AM
Jun 2020
yes majima make them suffer!
Sep 10, 2022 10:31 AM
Nov 2019
Takina to the rescue
Sep 10, 2022 10:37 AM

Jan 2021
looks like real war is about to break out.

Glad to see that Takina came to save Chisato, Majima is something else but such an good villain.

I never knew that there was another replacement heart, maybe that can save Chisato but who knows.

With 2 episodes left its interesting to see where it will lead.
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Secret's out and it will be almost impossible to put it back in the bag.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 2011
Episode was GOATED from start to finish.

Nice to see Kurumi's hacking skills in full force! Damn that shit was so cool. I also enjoyed when she found the heart and her running off the plane lol.

Damn Lycoris ousted and they're getting shot in the streets now...crazy.

Majima is SUCH A GOOD VILLAIN good god.

TAKINA BUSTING THROUGH THAT GATE!!!!!! LET'S GO!!!!

Crazy episode.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 2022
Meh. Predictable, but as long as the action is good I guess.
Sep 10, 2022 10:44 AM

Mar 2016
The way Majima is being handled as an antagonistic force has been honestly impressive and his VA is really killing it as usual. Also, that sequence with him overpowering Chisato pretty much dispels the latter having problematic plot armor, cause her ability is so reliant on sight that depriving her of that sense by turning off the main lights. Meanwhie, Majima himself has exceptionally strong hearing, which makes him wearing that band around his eyes during the flashback understandable. When our primary sense of sight as human beings is obstructed, we're forced or obligated to use and focus on our other senses which are not as strong. In short, Majima is the stronger fighting in the shadows, since his stronger sense of hearing is better utilized with light no longer being a distraction. So when Takina busted in to save the day, the initially shadowy haze is drowned out with light, turning the tide somewhat in favor of her and Chisato for the final faceoff.

Next two episodes will be a doozy. At this point, unless it royally fucks up somehow in the end, Lycoris Recoil is my AOTY without a doubt, even counting sequels.
Sep 10, 2022 10:47 AM

Jun 2015
Total bad ass episode. Love it, and it brought me full in dark Biden meme vibes, Why not declare Biden Americans enemy of the state. The liberal left hate us because we free think. If you vote for Biden pm me because I consider you retarded. Id love to understand you choice us global stability vs Biswn. I feel happy to dscusss, but right now americansa aRE DESTROYING OUR WORLD.

i LIKE TEH RANDOM CAPS############!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 10, 2022 10:47 AM

Jan 2009
my only disappointment for this show so far is the lack of consistency in the animation quality like this episode just have average animation and no sakuga
Sep 10, 2022 10:48 AM
Aug 2021
Majima beat those wannabees lycorris soo called lame girls walking on the street with guns
Sep 10, 2022 10:49 AM

Oct 2018
DON'T YOU DARE TO TOUCH MY GIRLFRIEND
-Takina

If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Sep 10, 2022 10:50 AM

Jul 2008
Overall plot and bad guy are just....bad

But I love me some Chisato and Takina.
Sep 10, 2022 10:55 AM

Jun 2015
[quote=Roch2001 message=67422926]Total bad ass episode. Love it, and it brought me full in dark Biden meme vibes, Why not declare Biden Americans enemy of the state. The liberal left hate us because we free think. If you vote for Biden pm me because I consider you retarded. Id love to understand you choice us global stability vs Biswn. I feel happy to dscusss, but right now americansa aRE DESTROYING OUR WORLD.
i LIKE TEH RANDOM CAPS#####

I did say this but I also said more. This space we talking in is totally corrupt so please remove me from it good bye all you cuntsatbles ;0
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 10, 2022 10:57 AM
Aug 2021
takina came for the W + chisato has hope lesgoooo
Sep 10, 2022 11:01 AM
Oct 2021
Welp, this episode did very little for characters. Takina deciding to defy orders and leave the mission is, I guess, a character moment. But it's nothing that we didn't already know she was going to do. I'm surprised she even bothered to tell Fuki that's she's leaving. And the same girl she saved hugs her and apologize for everything. Nice try young lady but it's too late to become an actual character now.

As per usual, nothing makes a lick of fucking sense. Not the action. Not the DA's plans. Not the logistics of how everything happens. Though the braindead civilians is a new thing that I enjoying laughing at since last episode. The highly trained lycoris gets owned by a guy who holds a gun for the first time lmao. Enemies are stormtroopers that can't hit a fucking stationary target dangling in fornt of them. This show is a briliant comedy.

What in hell is this god-forasaken country's army doing during all of this?
Sep 10, 2022 11:01 AM

Jan 2009
Roch2001 said:
Total bad ass episode. Love it, and it brought me full in dark Biden meme vibes, Why not declare Biden Americans enemy of the state. The liberal left hate us because we free think. If you vote for Biden pm me because I consider you retarded. Id love to understand you choice us global stability vs Biswn. I feel happy to dscusss, but right now americansa aRE DESTROYING OUR WORLD.

i LIKE TEH RANDOM CAPS############!

wtf Majima wants the State of Nature or he thinks natural is good when in fact natural is not always good according to appeal to nature and naturalistic fallacy
Sep 10, 2022 11:03 AM

Nov 2016
TeamYuriwork makes the dream work

deg said:
my only disappointment for this show so far is the lack of consistency in the animation quality like this episode just have average animation and no sakuga

Action sequences were decent enough, in particular the fight against Makima. Chisato was in motion (jumping and running around) and there were barely any stils, which makes it already better than majority of anime nowadays. But it's true that this episode was nothing special. Hope they saved the best for last.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2022

338 by PYuyles »»
Apr 19, 11:45 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2022

441 by AnthonyParrett »»
Apr 16, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2022

218 by Mat2468xk »»
Apr 6, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2022

200 by Mat2468xk »»
Apr 4, 11:32 AM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2022

222 by Mat2468xk »»
Apr 4, 10:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.