Do you believe that death is final?
Yes
60.0%
No
40.0%
40 votes
May 25, 2022 10:35 AM

Mar 2021
Do you believe that we live once and die once and that's it? Also, while you're here have you been baptised or would you get baptised? What do you think of baptism?

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2019345
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2017845
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2018310
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2018531
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2018568

GenshinRosariaJun 5, 2022 2:00 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 25, 2022 11:39 AM

Dec 2015
Well cause I am agnostic I don't believe nor deny in any of afterlife beliefs from any faith/religion but I do have my own interpratation of what is after the deat so in nutshell I don't think the death is the final route in addition why I don't think the death is the final step is because I do believe in something which you would call "fate" or "destiny" and my own experiences with quite impressive prophetic dreams (I believe it is called in english "Oneiromancy") which for me only confirms my thoughts on this.

Excluding the theories of life being the simulation my own way of seeing what is after death is something of being put into your own "little universe" something as you would be trapped in your own world/imagination for the rest of time where you can recreate a world and manipulate it so you can relife in any era in past or future (and it wouldn't affect the real world as it would be fictionary in your own universe), you would be able to put yourself into universes of fiction into your fav movies/anime/video games or whatever, making stuff you would like so you would become literally a God of your own universe, in addition I would see the possibility there to contact/"visit" other's afterlifes of people you've known in your life it can be your friends/family/ancestors etc.

I don't think it would be true but that's what I would love to experience after passing away x)

Was baptized in age of around 7-8 I believe and well whatever, I don't take it seriously and if someone's believe hardly in christianity than I guess you would consider this as a sacred act/ritual, for me it's just an act/show which doesn't have any deeper meaning to be honest.
ZettaikenMay 25, 2022 11:44 AM
May 25, 2022 11:42 AM
Jul 2018
not baptised. never getting baptised. i dont get the symbolism of baptism. proclamation of faith shouldnt be thru passive ritual.
May 25, 2022 11:53 AM

Feb 2020
Not religious, but have experienced related things to it. Not baptized either. I somewhat believe in an afterlife, but don't know enough about it either. 100% believe in Ghosts though, many of my family members have seen & experienced them, me included. My Mother saw her Father looking out of our family home as she was about to visit him (she found him dead when she got there), and the place where she worked had Ghosts, my Mother said she saw a person sitting on one of the patient's beds (none of them could even walk, they were handicapped), and other Nurses would hear footsteps through the Hospital when nobody was on duty, and one time they all heard something switch the Kettle on, when nobody was in the room, and they found that the Kettle had indeed boiled.
May 25, 2022 12:09 PM

May 2022
when u die, it's just eternal nothingness. ur consciousness is gone and there's no soul. kinda like what u were before u were born. both a terrifying and relieving thought, but it makes u focus on being good in ur life for the sake of being good rather than constantly aiming for a divine positive outcome, like Heaven.
────── ☠ ☠ ☠ ──────
❝𝕴𝖙’𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖑𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙’𝖘 𝖒𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖊𝖉 𝖚𝖕;
𝖎𝖙’𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖘𝖊 𝖔𝖋 𝖚𝖘 𝖎𝖓 𝖎𝖙.❞

────── ☠ ☠ ☠ ──────
May 25, 2022 12:25 PM

Mar 2015
Lemme find out real quick ;)

I have been baptised.
May 25, 2022 12:28 PM

Jan 2009
fantasy - we gonna get rebirth

reality - we become nothing like when we are not born yet

terror management theory
May 25, 2022 12:30 PM
Jul 2018
I believe death is final. I was baptized as a baby and took confirmation before I started questioning my faith.

I'm not baptizing my own children. I want them to decide for themselves when they're older.
May 26, 2022 9:40 AM
Jul 2018
I did all the christian rituals but I'm not a believer. I like to get panic attacks over the fact that at some point I'll stop existing forever. It's fun.
May 26, 2022 2:58 PM

Mar 2008
I don't really spend my time focusing on any afterlife for me. Makes everything feel more hopeless to think death wont end how I feel.

Verthandi11 said:
not baptised. never getting baptised. i dont get the symbolism of baptism. proclamation of faith shouldnt be thru passive ritual.

Baptism predates Christianity. It's related to various pagan rituals of purification. That's it's real origin. It for Christians originally was about cleansing away sin but then took on added meaning later. Why some do it on babies probably started with the notion of the original sin. Jews and Muslims also have water based purification rituals.
May 26, 2022 3:21 PM

Mar 2018
I wish there was a place in which one finds himself after death. A place in which mongrels do my bidding, just like they do here. Albeit, a place where I can off them without getting in trouble.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
May 26, 2022 3:35 PM
Mar 2022
Death is final for hylics, and they know it; their spiritless flesh tells them it's so. (Which is why they're mostly dogmatically atheist).
Pneumatics get another go in the material world until they finally awaken as psychics.
May 26, 2022 6:25 PM
Apr 2022
Boring as it may sound, I reject any beliefs regarding afterlife. I guess it's fun to imagine what it would be like tho.

Got baptized when I was a baby, but hadn't thought much about it. I mean, I pour water on my head everyday, so I don't see any deeper meaning behind this ceremony.
May 26, 2022 6:30 PM

May 2022
I think that there is an objective measurement who had the most pain throughout life, maybe there actually even is an objective measurement method of pain, for example you could analyse brain patterns and brainchemistry and derive some indicators from that and after analysing you could maybe make a scoreboard on who has the shittiest life in the world. In some ways it already feels like a pity competition because the losers think they get compensation here on earth but all the losers are really left to do is to wait until they die and hope to get some justice there, at least thats what I think. Since I am a loser I believe there is a heaven and I believe I will enter heaven because compared to all other people my life is the most fucked
May 26, 2022 8:21 PM
Jul 2018
I believe in a sort of pseudo-reincarnation. Not something as silly as the transference of the soul, but that when our consciousness ends, a new consciousness begins somewhere at another place and time. The alternative is that death is just infinite nothing, which I somehow find harder to believe. But to be fair, the human brain can't truly comprehend such an abstract concept, so in all likelihood, I'm wrong.
May 27, 2022 2:28 PM

Jul 2021
When we die, I think we go to the same place we are before we are born. Just nothingness.

I think all the concepts of afterlife are people trying to comfort themselves and the masses. If people in ancient civilizations thought that death was final, they would revolt and fuck over the guys in charge. 100 pro soldiers with old armor and weaps would control 5,000 unmotivated citizens. But if the 5,000 thought that it was all over after death, they could go crazy and kill the 100 soldiers.
May 27, 2022 3:02 PM

Jun 2019
Once more, atheists prove their shameful inability to think. Céline is more alive today on his 128th birthday than any of you will ever be...
May 28, 2022 7:37 AM
Jul 2018
traed said:
I don't really spend my time focusing on any afterlife for me. Makes everything feel more hopeless to think death wont end how I feel.

Verthandi11 said:

Baptism predates Christianity. It's related to various pagan rituals of purification. That's it's real origin. It for Christians originally was about cleansing away sin but then took on added meaning later. Why some do it on babies probably started with the notion of the original sin. Jews and Muslims also have water based purification rituals.
yeah my bad i hadnt realized it was a ritual to signify purification

the muslim water based purification has nothing to do with purifying the soul and is only meant to clean the body before prayer. the only ritual that is said (by some) to wash away sins is pilgrimage to makkah n that is also debated
May 28, 2022 10:39 AM

Oct 2019
Death is the final point for a person after which they can't do anything with their life. I even consider some people in today's world who appears to be alive, but are in a period of time which make dead on the inside.

May 28, 2022 12:15 PM

Mar 2008
Verthandi11 said:
traed said:

the muslim water based purification has nothing to do with purifying the soul and is only meant to clean the body before prayer. the only ritual that is said (by some) to wash away sins is pilgrimage to makkah n that is also debated

You were partially right though it took on meaning later by some of "saved by Jesus" or something along those lines which makes no sense with infants when infants cant consent. That bit likely has to do with something said in Genesis I believe about God's breath flowing over water (Im assuming this is an old attempt to explain waves or merely being poetic)

I felt no need to distinguish body and soul since earlier in Abrahamic religions there was no real distinction to my recall. Your body was your soul. The distinction came about later. Though I have made the mistake of not considering where Islam's ritual purification stemmed from which it actually comes from the Zoroastrians who ritually cleansed five times a day. The pilgrimage you describe predates Islam too as a a pagan ritual which even is acknowledged in a Hadith as such origin.
May 28, 2022 4:50 PM
Aug 2018
I dont really know what to think atm and it stresses me out to think about it lol

I've come to the conclusion of "idk idc" basically

May 28, 2022 6:38 PM

Mar 2021
All the weebs and witches against me on MAL are feeling the burn. Sorry, I forgot to turn the other cheek 4head. Coming at me in every thread and post I make only for me to make them look silly. meusnier, spaceslut, maneki, orangeiswhite, judevin, numbers, verthandi11, endlessmaria, ipreferecchi and whoever else I forgot. And for what? Just because I shine a little too brightly for their liking. Go get a job.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2019081
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2019173
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2016962
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2019074
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2018547
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2010587
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2019182
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2018953
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2019062
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2018769
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2018132
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2018802

GenshinRosariaMay 28, 2022 7:03 PM
May 29, 2022 3:10 AM
Jul 2018
traed said:
Verthandi11 said:

You were partially right though it took on meaning later by some of "saved by Jesus" or something along those lines which makes no sense with infants when infants cant consent. That bit likely has to do with something said in Genesis I believe about God's breath flowing over water (Im assuming this is an old attempt to explain waves or merely being poetic)

I felt no need to distinguish body and soul since earlier in Abrahamic religions there was no real distinction to my recall. Your body was your soul. The distinction came about later. Though I have made the mistake of not considering where Islam's ritual purification stemmed from which it actually comes from the Zoroastrians who ritually cleansed five times a day. The pilgrimage you describe predates Islam too as a a pagan ritual which even is acknowledged in a Hadith as such origin.
yeah i was confused by when ppl say "im not christian im not even baptised"

oh no islam clearly distinguishes between the body n soul. wudhu only cleans the body before prayer. no physical ritual can clean the soul in islam. only true repentance can, which happens in the mind n heart (not literally). doesnt matter if wudhu was inspired does it ?

yup acc to islam, abraham constructed kaaba. then it was taken over by pagans over time n claimed by muslims later on who continued pilgrimage. again, origin does not affect the meaning of the ritual. pilgrimage is a ritual to signal submission to god thru the willingness of sacrificing ones time n money to make the journey.
May 29, 2022 3:34 AM

Mar 2008
Verthandi11 said:
traed said:

yeah i was confused by when ppl say "im not christian im not even baptised"

oh no islam clearly distinguishes between the body n soul. wudhu only cleans the body before prayer. no physical ritual can clean the soul in islam. only true repentance can, which happens in the mind n heart (not literally). doesnt matter if wudhu was inspired does it ?

yup acc to islam, abraham constructed kaaba. then it was taken over by pagans over time n claimed by muslims later on who continued pilgrimage. again, origin does not affect the meaning of the ritual. pilgrimage is a ritual to signal submission to god thru the willingness of sacrificing ones time n money to make the journey.

That's why some denominations do post death baptism though I know less about it. I think it's more a special circimstance thing not a specific ritual.

I was saying in general not that each religion developed seporate concepts of soul at different times. I know Islam distinguishes body, soul and spirit. Though to my understanding spirit is like the connector between body and soul. That is why I corrected myself that Islam has a different origin of it's ritual not tied to the Christian one at least not directly.
May 29, 2022 3:48 AM

Jan 2009
traed said:
I was saying in general not that each religion developed seporate concepts of soul at different times. I know Islam distinguishes body, soul and spirit. Though to my understanding spirit is like the connector between body and soul. That is why I corrected myself that Islam has a different origin of it's ritual not tied to the Christian one at least not directly.
Christianity does also differentiate between body, soul and spirit. The spirit is your consciousness, the soul are your emotions and your body is the present of God that allows you to move on Earth

You can also look up astral travels or out-of-body experiences
May 29, 2022 4:01 AM

Dec 2018
I don’t know what happens after we die, nor do I really care. That’s an issue for dead me to figure out. I just try to live my life as best as I can and hopefully along the way I can make a meaningful positive impact on someone.
May 29, 2022 4:08 AM

Mar 2008
Noboru said:
Christianity does also differentiate between body, soul and spirit. The spirit is your consciousness, the soul are your emotions and your body is the present of God that allows you to move on Earth

You can also look up astral travels or out-of-body experiences

Yes, I know but I was speaking about historically the development of the concept of the soul being detachable from the body. Head hurts too much to go into detail now.

Im well familiar with OOBEs and astral travel.
May 29, 2022 4:09 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
I have been baptized, and whether or not you believe in any form of afterlife, death is technically the end of something.

Like for example in most spiritual beliefs death is the end of your mortal affairs (or current mortal affairs in the case of reincarnation)

┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
May 29, 2022 8:31 AM

Mar 2021
shedevri said:
Idk if I count as a christian, I was baptized at birth. live in an orthodox family, still follow the traditions, but I lost belief in god a few months ago so I proclaim myself as an atheist. IMO, after death there is nothing at all. You just die, your body gets disposed and its the end.

What triggered this crisis of faith?
May 29, 2022 8:34 AM

Feb 2022
The idea of soul probably needs to assume a non-deterministic universe, so that you can have a concept of free will and thus a space for a soul or sense of self to act.

As for the difference between animals and Humans (why humans have souls/conciusness/mind (whatever you wanna call it) but animals are biological robots):

Bicameralism operates with the same starting assumption you're starting from, that there's a fundamental difference between human consciousness vs. the cognitive processes of other animals in need of explaining.
It's borderline pseudoscience and not at all a standard psychology paradigm, but it makes for an interesting read anyway:
http://s-fwalker.org.uk/pubsebooks/pdfs/Julian_Jaynes_The_Origin_of_Consciousness.pdf

The tl;dr on that hypothesized difference is that mankind wasn't conscious at all for a large chunk of history and it was a special kind of behavior that emerged from the precursor of bicameralism where the two brain hemispheres were more distinct from each other and the right hemisphere basically shouted command hallucinations which the ancient non-conscious people would follow without any self-awareness, up until the point when society got large and complex enough for this way of acting to no longer work well (e.g. there would begin to be inconsistencies between what your own god was telling you to do vs. what everyone else's were telling them to do) and this crisis of complexity led to a breakdown where people started becoming self-aware and talking to themselves instead of automatically reacting to verbal brain activity from their god hemispheres.

Sounds crazy as fuck, but Jaynes does a good job qualifying heavily what he means by "conscious" and walking you through all the ways people today aren't conscious yet are still engaging in X cognitive activity e.g. he uses the example of driving a car where you're not really deliberately doing anything and just going off of habit and has you imagine ancient people as on auto-pilot in that same way except constantly for their entire lives.
LoliAnchormanMay 29, 2022 8:40 AM
Die like you did by the lake on Naboo.
May 29, 2022 12:34 PM

Jan 2009
traed said:
Yes, I know but I was speaking about historically the development of the concept of the soul being detachable from the body.
The concept of psyche comes from Greek, the original language of the books in the New Testament
May 29, 2022 1:53 PM

Jan 2022
As someone who has come from the brink of death before, when I was much younger, it didn't really seem like there was anything was beyond our material world.

But who knows, I wouldn't mind an afterlife.

𝘣𝘰𝘫𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘮𝘦

May 29, 2022 1:59 PM
Sep 2019
Also had an instance where I nearly died...but can't tell you if there is or is not an afterlife. Either way, I don't really care about what comes after life.

I'm of the belief that after it all ends, you'll be at true peace - but you'd never know b/c you'd cease to experience anything. It'll be the closest thing to our concept of "nothingness".

So it's just a theory, but your positive or negative thoughts just before death are what people think is them going to heaven or hell...but I think it is just what your mind is fixated on at that very moment when it knows death is imminent. B/c after you've ceased all bodily function, there is nothing else to think about. You've no mind to think anymore.

Of course, it's just a wild theory. There could be a final place to go...or you get reincarnated, or you none of the above.
May 29, 2022 2:07 PM

Jun 2019
traed said:
Verthandi11 said:

Nonsense, the fact that Jesus brings back people to life or comes back to life Himself after three days already shows that the body is not everything. How can you be harrowing Hell with your body left back on Earth?...

Otherwise, baptism does not allow one to wash away his sins for one cannot cease to be tainted by the original sin. If people baptise babies, this is to make Christians of them, and as such, susceptible to access to Heaven. Nowhere do St. John the Baptist or Jesus Christ say that baptism will allow them to redeem from their sins, it is merely the occasion to repent but cannot suffice.

Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan,
And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.

I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. But he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

Matthew 3:5-6, 11-12
May 29, 2022 2:11 PM

Jul 2007
Meusnier said:
Once more, atheists prove their shameful inability to think. Céline is more alive today on his 128th birthday than any of you will ever be...

Damn I didn't know GenshinRosaria was secretly an atheist who is trolling pretending to be a Christian. It all makes sense now.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

May 29, 2022 2:20 PM

Jun 2019
EndlessMaria said:
Meusnier said:

Damn I didn't know GenshinRosaria was secretly an atheist who is trolling pretending to be a Christian. It all makes sense now.

I don't think that Christians typically boast about their dick length on anime forums, but I might be wrong. Normally, they only try to show that the Earth is flat or devote themselves to similar superior causes, using a noble crusader loli avatar.
May 29, 2022 2:27 PM

Nov 2017
Regarding this life on earth, it definitely is.

I'd like to get baptized. I plan on getting baptized in Lake Minnetonka!~
May 29, 2022 3:17 PM

Jun 2021
I believe there is just a void after death. You don't party with god in heaven, nor do you burn in hell. As for baptism, I am not a Christian and I was named in a very weird way. So read ahead if you want to hear the full story.

So my parents believe in snake worship. When I was to be named, they took me to a forest in South India, which I still visit to this day. Its a dense uninhabited forest in the middle of nowhere. Only families who worship that particular snake god know the route exactly, unless you stumble upon it while roaming the forest. Yes there are different snake gods for different groups of families. I still can't go on my own and my parents also don't know the path clearly. So my aunt guides me. Once you reach the spot, there is no temple as such, but there are stone carved snake deities placed on a raised platform. There are no lit candles or decorations, giving the place a desolated look. They say the snake god loves peace and quiet, so his natural habitat ie. the part of the forest surrounding the platform is unaltered.

Twice a year or so, members of these families gather here for a small festivity. This is a rare occasion when this place receives human presence in large numbers. Some women with long hair sit in a circle and swing their hair to a music played using chenda and pungi. They look crazy to non believers. During this, believers ask them questions or seek their blessings as it is believed that snakes possess them during the ceremony. So my parents handed baby Zaygo to these women during one such ceremony. They passed me among themselves, whispered words into my ears and at the end, one of them halted the ceremony, raised me in the air and gave me my name which contained the prefix naga (meaning snake). Eg. Nagazaygo.

Later while registering my official name my mom removed the prefix as she felt a shorter name will do me good. Of course she was a believer, but not at the sake of her baby having an uncool name lol. But yes all in all, my name was given to me by snake women. As you might have guessed from my belief regarding afterlife, I am not a religious person. But I still like visiting that forest when I get a chance. When I walk in that forest, I feel as if I have a bond to that place and its just so calm and quiet, just what you need in a busy life.
May 29, 2022 3:53 PM

Feb 2022
Zaygo said:
I believe there is just a void after death. You don't party with god in heaven, nor do you burn in hell. As for baptism, I am not a Christian and I was named in a very weird way. So read ahead if you want to hear the full story.

So my parents believe in snake worship. When I was to be named, they took me to a forest in South India, which I still visit to this day. Its a dense uninhabited forest in the middle of nowhere. Only families who worship that particular snake god know the route exactly, unless you stumble upon it while roaming the forest. Yes there are different snake gods for different groups of families. I still can't go on my own and my parents also don't know the path clearly. So my aunt guides me. Once you reach the spot, there is no temple as such, but there are stone carved snake deities placed on a raised platform. There are no lit candles or decorations, giving the place a desolated look. They say the snake god loves peace and quiet, so his natural habitat ie. the part of the forest surrounding the platform is unaltered.

Twice a year or so, members of these families gather here for a small festivity. This is a rare occasion when this place receives human presence in large numbers. Some women with long hair sit in a circle and swing their hair to a music played using chenda and pungi. They look crazy to non believers. During this, believers ask them questions or seek their blessings as it is believed that snakes possess them during the ceremony. So my parents handed baby Zaygo to these women during one such ceremony. They passed me among themselves, whispered words into my ears and at the end, one of them halted the ceremony, raised me in the air and gave me my name which contained the prefix naga (meaning snake). Eg. Nagazaygo.

Later while registering my official name my mom removed the prefix as she felt a shorter name will do me good. Of course she was a believer, but not at the sake of her baby having an uncool name lol. But yes all in all, my name was given to me by snake women. As you might have guessed from my belief regarding afterlife, I am not a religious person. But I still like visiting that forest when I get a chance. When I walk in that forest, I feel as if I have a bond to that place and its just so calm and quiet, just what you need in a busy life.
Man that must be awkward living in Ireland where St. Patrick killed all the snakes.
May 29, 2022 4:07 PM

May 2013
It's really fascinating that there are so many people who are so confident about their beliefs on the afterlife or lack there of.

In reality it doesnt matter because it is a thing we will all go through eventually that we will never know or understand until it happens.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
May 29, 2022 5:55 PM

Jun 2021
LoliAnchorman said:
Man that must be awkward living in Ireland where St. Patrick killed all the snakes.

Damn, I didn't know that! I need to read more about him but ya google does confirm the legend that he banished all the snakes into the sea. But scientists seem to agree that there were no snakes to begin with in Ireland, as no fossils have ever been found.
May 29, 2022 6:26 PM

Jul 2015
as far as we know, it is. Everything else is cope. Cope harder
"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
May 30, 2022 12:08 AM

Mar 2008
@Noboru
@Meusnier
I don't mean that there is belief body and soul meaning exact same no but rather views among Jews and Christians both can see body and soul as detached concepts or instead a unified whole depending on opinion.
May 30, 2022 7:19 AM

Jul 2013
I don't know, but maybe a thanatologist would know. Thanatology is a relatively new science and there are still a lot of mysteries behind death, even paranormal activity.

One thing for sure, is that once light gets sucked into a black hole, it'll never come back to this realm.

Even if reanimation like in Gungrave were possible, you may not be the exact same person you once were before your demise. Still, if you got caught in an explosion, you may never come back, that's when reanimation gets hairy.
Kurt_IrvingMay 30, 2022 7:28 AM
May 30, 2022 8:09 AM

Feb 2022
Zaygo said:
LoliAnchorman said:

Damn, I didn't know that! I need to read more about him but ya google does confirm the legend that he banished all the snakes into the sea. But scientists seem to agree that there were no snakes to begin with in Ireland, as no fossils have ever been found.
I mean, you're named after some Snake God and Ireland worships a guy who killed snakes (Catholic pray to Saints).

That's some giant Cosmic Joke there.
May 30, 2022 8:09 AM

Sep 2017
For those of you who are afraid of death but don't wanna buy the afterlife stuff, here's my boi Epicurus coming to your rescue :

E for Ero said:
Death is nothing to us. When we exist, death is not; and when death exists, we are not. All sensation and consciousness ends with death and therefore in death there is neither pleasure nor pain. The fear of death arises from the belief that in death, there is awareness.

You don't have to fear what you'll never feel ;)
May 30, 2022 10:58 AM

Jun 2017
I like to think so. I hope there's an afterlife or i get reincarnated somewhere better. I never really had much a chance for success. I was physically handicapped and could never play sports, i was a bad student, and my family was always broke so i never could bribe my way into fancy universities.
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
May 30, 2022 11:37 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Yes, it's all over. There's no magical part of us that survives our death.

As for baptism: I haven't been baptized, though it wouldn't make a difference if I had... as is the case for all religious rituals. It's just for show.
Jun 5, 2022 1:50 PM

Mar 2021
Meusnier said:
EndlessMaria said:

I don't think that Christians typically boast about their dick length on anime forums, but I might be wrong. Normally, they only try to show that the Earth is flat or devote themselves to similar superior causes, using a noble crusader loli avatar.

I have never met a Christian irl who believed in flat Earth. Only seen two users on MAL forums who are Christian and believe in that.
Jun 5, 2022 1:52 PM
Jul 2018
Nah, I think its only the start of the real fun.

Also yeah I am baptized but I wish I wasn't.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What's the most illegal thing you've ever done? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Mar 15

52 by 707supremacist »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Is intelligence overrated?

pludel2 - Mar 29

29 by cody »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Worst social media

IpreferEcchi - Mar 19

31 by cody »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - 5 hours ago

10 by cody »»
20 minutes ago

» which country would you NOT want to visit? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 27

68 by Dracowyn »»
29 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.