Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Honor Student at Magic High School
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2021 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They went with a really safe finale lol

WIth all the drama over (at least this arc), Miyuki shared a sweet tender moment with Tatusya. It wasn't a bad episode overall but they just played it really safe to give the show a safe sendoff.

Looks like everyone is back at school after the fighting and competitions.

Reminsince Edition/Arc anime confirmed for Winter 2022

https://twitter.com/mahouka_anime/status/1441779528699949059
Stark700Sep 25, 2021 8:03 AM
Sep 25, 2021 7:59 AM

Nov 2007
Tsuioku-hen airing in Winter.
https://twitter.com/mahouka_anime/status/1441779526153879565
https://twitter.com/mahouka_anime/status/1441779528699949059

tsubasaloverSep 25, 2021 10:47 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 25, 2021 8:00 AM

Feb 2014
Finally it's over! I didn't really enjoy this as much as the main series...
Sep 25, 2021 9:20 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This is not something I wanted to rewatch but well, it was still nice to rediscover the story's debut with another perspective, and Miyuki is sure cute as always xD
Sep 25, 2021 9:40 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
And so the long awaited faceoff between Miyuki and Airi is finally here. Mass issue of flying type magic though really was reckless. Still its actual skill with it that really counts as shown by Miyuki. The contest between Miyuki and Airi though during the climax sure was pretty. In a way both girls have equally strong reasons to win the match that showed well the loyalty that they had for their friends and comrades. All of which served to make that match damm entertaining. While Miyuki and Airi and their friends celebrate Tatsuya is off vaping the one's responsible for the trouble huh what a contrast. But in the aftermath its nice to see Miyuki and Airi bond over their experiences. Ending the series with the final dance though was a nice move as it gave the cast a well deserved opportunity to have fun and let off some steam. Overall as Finale's go it did an excellent job at ending the series on a high note and resolving the rivalry between Airi and Miyuki in the best way possible. Based on the ending looks like we'll be getting a sequel that features Lina.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2021 10:01 AM

May 2020
So it ends. I felt like its not as good as the main series partly because i was hoping to see something new. I haven't read the source material for this particular version, but i was hoping more Miyuki, her friends and more of the student council. What i got was some of the parts were new to me and most of it was filler from the main series. Maybe if someone hasn't seen the main series would be confused as hell watching this.

But all in all a decent but a bit disappointing show. Maybe i am being a bit too negative.
Sep 25, 2021 10:10 AM

Apr 2014
Great grand final battle between Miyuki and Airi. The onsen scenes were good as always, even they were short. Ending the anime with the introduction of Angelina, not bad

See ya in the Reminiscence arc.
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 25, 2021 10:11 AM

Feb 2020
Too bad that this felt more of a recap than an anime completely from Miyuki's POV. Even then, the original already showcased her POV anyway, so it only cut out the main plot points in contrast to the original, AND her side didn't appeal much to me in the long run, compared to Tatsuya's badass parts, most of which were cut out or drastically reduced. Of course this was expected but it generally was disappointing too

Also apparently Eimi was in Rettousei but I'm finding it quite hard to remember what her purpose was in it, or if she even had comparable spotlight like in Yuutousei. In any case, her character was a nice addition to this.

Looking forward to the prequel series or film(?). Maybe a 3rd season of Rettousei after?
Sep 25, 2021 10:21 AM

Oct 2017
Miyuki's just on a league of her own, congratz. The dance was nice and they ended this with Lina's arrival.

Honestly I dunno how to feel about this, this was basically recap of sorts.
Sep 25, 2021 10:34 AM

Apr 2018
Miyuki won once again and that's pretty normal. She's unstoppable whenever she sees her brother. The fanservice was great once again and everything has been resolved on the other side with the Black Dragons. Some chadsuya action right there. It was pretty alright, not something I'd recommend but the amount of Honoka fanservice we got was incalculable.

4-5-5/10

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 25, 2021 10:46 AM

Jan 2014
6/10 simply very mediocre & lackluster to put it mildly compared to the main parrent show, feel like i'm being generous with my score since i love the main show and have re-watched it several times.
Very very disappointed that this show turned out so bad since i had high hopes for it to be good.
Sep 25, 2021 10:54 AM
Mar 2019
Does any1 know the soundtrack name when miyuki goes all out?
The soundtrack is in episode 12 too at the end of the ep, i been trying to find it on youtube but i can't it only shows up rettousei soundtracks..
Sep 25, 2021 11:43 AM

Jun 2014
Since this was basically S1 of the main series from Miyuki's perspective I already knew not to expect much in terms of anything new. It was average for me, definitely not something that you HAVE to watch but if you're a Mahouka fan this might be some nice little fanservice I suppose.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 25, 2021 11:57 AM

Aug 2013
The Mirage Bat ending up just being Miyuki vs Airi. It was great seeing it.

Good to see some news about Reminiscence Arc for winter 2022.

Sep 25, 2021 1:54 PM

Apr 2020
Meh... Not the best watch I had.
5/10 for the animation and the few cool moments.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Sep 25, 2021 5:49 PM

Aug 2019
The series wasn't as good as the main series. Finally it's finished and the Reminiscence arc is confirmed for 2022 cannot wait for that one
Sep 25, 2021 7:58 PM
Apr 2019
The base characters and the story was Good, however the pacing on this was just way to rushed. They could have made this a 24 episode show with the same story arcs, expand the training arcs/flashbacks a little bit more and it would have been Fantastic.

The New Characters were not as fleshed out as they could have been, and the existing characters from the earlier shows could have made more cameos even it was just them passing in the background without any major speaking roles, this made the show feel more detached from the original that it probably should have been considering how often the siblings were hanging out together.

7/10
Sep 25, 2021 10:20 PM
Jul 2020
I'm glad they brought back Vespertine Bloom from S1 OST, good chance for s2 of this series in Angelina came
Sep 26, 2021 12:28 AM

Nov 2019
A fine finale of this show. Not bad, to be honest.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Sep 26, 2021 4:04 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Was okay i guess, tho it really was just a retelling, just done worse.

smoochie smoochie

Sep 26, 2021 8:36 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
A fine finale to the fine spin-off based on Miyuki's and girls perspective. The final match actually a bit of underwhelming. As an overall, everything just speed running, though its understandable considering this is just like a side dish for the main series to fill a gap of the story that never get a detail put in there. I honestly felt fine with this, its not that bad. A lot of new information acquired too, such as the origin of weed and bloom classes of the first high actually comes from such a stupid story. I believe i never get that information from the main one (cut me some slack if i am wrong). Moreover with that political marriage. Damn, man, considering i already read some part of it, i wonder what will it comes in anime form?

Well, no matter what happen in the future for the Mahouka franchises, i am just okay enough with this one only. Then, yeah, can't wait for the next anime related to this franchise. See you later.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 26, 2021 8:50 AM
Feb 2016
I think this was better than the original. It felt like an actual character-driven story.
Sep 26, 2021 9:42 AM

May 2018
Nice ending. Overall I love Miyuki so I like this adaptation but really was this even necessary in the first place? 5/10
Sep 26, 2021 12:38 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
So the whole tension between Classes 1 & 2 is because of a misunderstanding which was conveniently set aside? Not really sure how to react to this, lol.

All the extra focus on the opponent was interesting but there was absolutely no chance so it didn’t really hit all that much. In any case, it was nice to see some fight though.

Second half with the celebrations was not bad, Masaki couldn’t get that dance. Why did they make him so pathetic here, I remember him getting a dance with Misumi in the OG.

Jumonji x Shiba, lmao. Some wild imagination, that. Angelina introduction to close things off, I wonder if this is hinting at a sequel for the side series.

All in all, this has been a mixed journey though. Started off interesting but kind of got lame and essentially became a recap of sorts. I do like Mayuko but this gets a 5/10 from me.

Looking forward to S3 of the OG now!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 26, 2021 1:18 PM

Jan 2021
Everything in this show is so bad ugh. Every character is poorly written or just written wrongly like masaki. He isn’t that pathetic. Everything feels awkwardly off and the final dance,my last hope for this show. They ended it like everything else when they think the user isn’t getting what’s happening and with that I mean miyuki explaining her feelings with an overvoice. Why couldn’t they just play Verspertine Bloom and let the scene speak for itself ugh it’s so much exposition that even in the last scene of the anime Miyuki has to explain what she feels. Everything feels just superficial and looks more like a cash grab to the fans of mahouka “universe” i wanted this to be good but this was bad just bad
Sep 27, 2021 5:33 AM

Feb 2014
I laughed a lot when Azusa and Saegusa thought that Tatsuya and Jumonji's meeting alone at the courtyard was something yaoi related. XD

Overall, this final episode was decent, as was for the spin-off series overall. I enjoyed it quite a bit from Miyuki's POV as well as seeing Honoka and Shizuku getting more attention. Eimi was a bundle of joy whenever she was around and do want to see more of her in the future. One thing that this spin-off did great was the fanservice scenes and we got plenty of that, didn't we? =3

However, it does feel like a downgrade compared to the main series and the first few episodes felt a bit on the weak side because of it. Overall, I would give it a 6.5/10, which is roughly where the current score for this spin-off is right now.

I do look forward to more of the main series airing at the start of next year, though. =)
Sep 27, 2021 12:53 PM

Nov 2014
That sure was disappointing. I guess it's partially my fault for hoping for something on Railgun level, despite Miyuki being always somewhere near action during the main series. In the end it just turned out into a recap with some fillers and a bunch of annoying new characters.

On the bright side, it was nice to see our lord and savior Tatsuya being badass.
Oct 3, 2021 3:58 PM
Jul 2008
Expecting a Railgun or Accelerator series, turned out to be a glorified recap.

You can't even watch this as standalone because important scenes were not shown.
Oct 3, 2021 11:40 PM

Dec 2016
Mayumi and Azusa's fantasy about Jumonji and Tatsuya tho, that was so bizarrely random XD

Didn't know there was a time Ichijou embarrassed himself in front of Miyuki like that. In the first season he danced with Miyuki in the most civilized manner XD

Everyone dancing with each other was beautiful and relaxing to see.

About the post credit scene how Lina showed up, was it the beginning of the second season? But I don't remember seeing Eimi in any of the previous seasons.

Anyway, it was ok. Was quite boring actually. Couldn't feel the nostalgia cuz it hasn't been that long since the season 2 ended. But it was fun to watch.

Overall 6/10
Rickydory123Oct 3, 2021 11:47 PM
Oct 19, 2021 8:19 PM

May 2020
Love Mayumi Saegusa more. She is just pretty as she is. How to know joking Tatsuya so well. Enjoy the whole show.
Nov 7, 2021 6:30 AM

Feb 2014
Uh, found it pretty boring and hard to finish, appreciate all the focus on the girls and the fanservice tho, specially Miyuki's, 5/10.
Feb 5, 2022 5:53 AM

Mar 2013
What a dramatic and enjoyable ending. This is more entertaining to watch because of so many characters having their own story and not just focused on the two main MC of the first season.

As a spin-off it was really an enjoyable series to watch. I can't believe this series have such a low score but it's 7-8/10 for me. What I'm really looking forward to was seeing the other supporting characters in action that was mostly non-existent in the prequel. Especially, Eimi or Amelia.
CrazyButNot4UFeb 5, 2022 6:03 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 28, 2022 10:56 PM

Sep 2018
Pretty good spin off, focusing on the female side characters and their day to day life/events they participated in at the tournament. The first season up to a certain point, told through a different perspective. Not as enjoyable as the original, but only slightly. 7/10.
Apr 27, 2022 5:15 PM

Mar 2019
Lmao, I love the impersonation in this spin-off and this last one with Juumonji and Tatsuya was just on another level, probably my favorite thing from this.

Nice finale I guess between Airi and Miyuki but I still much prefer the original ending with no drama-ish twist to it. At least they also show the great elimination mission that Tatsuya had. All in all, a pretty average spin-off, just like I expected and based on that ending with Lina, I REALLY hope there won't be a 2nd season, calm down CONNECT.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

May 10, 2022 9:03 AM

Apr 2011
Its finally over. Nice to know what happen in the series on Miyuki's side of things. An average spin-off in my own opinion. Honestly, I couldn't feel anything about the third high students. Not liking them one bit. It feels good Tatsuya disintegrated those Mofos who caused trouble in the competition They deserve onii-sama's wrath. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Also, the character designs are dull compared to the first and second seaosn of the main anime.

A average show for me just to see Tatsuya and the others. Already watched the prequel OVA and I'm looking forward to a third season that was announced.

5/10
Dec 3, 2022 5:48 AM

Apr 2013
So this is tagged as spin-off, but it was more of a mix between a spin-off and a recap. Would've been more enjoyable if they just ignored Godsuya and only focused on the girls, but I guess ignoring onii-sama is a total no-go in this franchise. 4/10
Dec 24, 2022 1:35 AM
Dec 2022
Recap version is boaring
Jan 27, 2023 10:19 AM

Nov 2016
guess it wasnt my cup of coffee, it was very boring for me. the world was void of adults. i thought the last person in the intro was the principal, but it turned out she was another student

wonder where the adults went when the terrorists were dancing around, thrice i guess
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Aug 21, 2023 9:21 AM

Nov 2010
Ichijou's obsession with Miyuki in this spin-off is far more apparent & comical than in the main series. If I were him, I'd go for Airi, which is equally as hot & tappable as Miyuki. Haha

The scene of Airi going all out gave me goosebumps. That was an excellent try for the win. They both looked so beautiful during the match, especially Miyuki.

Good fanservice. Seeing sexy bodies never gets old!
Interesting flashback about Miyuki getting killed and the shortage of emblems that gave rise to elitism.
2096 already? I wonder who is that chick in the end.

This show reinforced the reality that having talent is usually enough to succeed and overshadow everyone else. Talented people don't need to try as hard as the average person. The only way to beat them is if they're complacent. This world is so f*cking unfair. I dream of a world where everyone is equal.

Spin off > S1 main series. At least I didn't have to take power naps this time.

More topics from this board

» Should I skip this or it's canon

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Apr 8

11 by Dr_Harem_VII »»
Apr 12, 9:18 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Yuutousei Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

39 by MiaAyende »»
Mar 10, 11:32 PM

» What does this cover ? No Spoilers

xnub - Aug 24, 2023

7 by baymaxemon »»
Jan 8, 11:55 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Yuutousei Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2021

24 by GooseHybrid »»
Nov 1, 2023 7:38 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Yuutousei Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

26 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 21, 2023 8:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.