Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 4, 2021 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, when you can't get into a castle, resort to force and siege it.

I also feel bad for Kazuya since he's pretty much left with no choice but to open the doors. Not surprising how events developed like this seeing how there were disagreements among the higher ups. This is like one of thos episodes where Kazuya had to make hard choices even at great risks.

Sep 4, 2021 10:34 AM

Apr 2010
Honestly the animators went all out with making the corrupt nobles as ugly as possible.

So far i am enjoying the battle scenes tho it's some of the things from the novel where left out not that i blame them for it.
Things are looking good so i am looking forward to next week.
Sep 4, 2021 10:48 AM

Apr 2016
Yeah, who needs canons when you have elves.

Imagine waiting for gates to be opened ... because some dude who you don't even know is telling you he will open them. How stupid one can be. But i guess one is required to be a numbskull for mc-kun to be able to marry your daughter (i did not read the LN/manga, but im 100% sure it will be like that).
Sep 4, 2021 10:55 AM

Jul 2017
This war indeed is the most interesting to come out of this show, being taken from the LN/manga.

Sizeable kingdoms like Castor's and Carmine's feel threatened from even smaller armies like Kazuya's, they will win by numbers, but Kazuya's Elfreiden makes up in firepower. It's a do-or-die affiair of Excel and Kazuya vs. Castor and Carmine's forces. To pry against smaller dukes hoping for them to gain entry by opening the gate, the enemy knows no literacy behind the strategy and plan to make it work.

The best trickery of Kazuya's is one sole battleship: the Battlehip Albert to storm Castor's Red Dragon City. Worse case, they should've known not to trifle with Kazuya, because it was a fake, and who knows what Kazuya has in mind for more trickery up his sleeve to lead the opposing forces astray.

Nonetheless, I'm excited for more since this show has somehow also strayed away from the LN a few times more than not in the past.
KANLen09Sep 4, 2021 11:00 AM
Sep 4, 2021 11:05 AM
Oct 2016
Souma continues to show these arrogant dukes how he's the smartest guy in the kingdom. Completely out thinking them at every turn and using their preconceived notions against them. Would've never thought he'd take that giant battleship and wheel it across land like a cart. Truly a genius idea that no one saw coming. On top of that he basically sacrificed the ship so he could use it as a distraction leading away the main air force troops that way he could then take the castle. Over and over Souma proves why he's fit to lead but Vargas and Carmine won't relinquish their stubborn ideals. Hopefully once Souma has captured red dragon City Vargas will come around. Which I'm gonna guess he does then sending those air force troops to the fort we saw earlier. Souma playing chess while there all playing checkers.
Sep 4, 2021 11:05 AM

Jun 2019
With each episode, I'm getting more and more invested in Kazuya's strategies and how smoothly he handles every situation even tho it's a battle situation. His kingdom is stuck between two rocks and all he can do is juggle with them simultaneously.

Kazuya is a 5Head. That battleship was just a trap to lure them in where he himself is just focusing on the castle where one of the Dukes is present. What's gonna happen next? Kazuya is such a great king and strategist.
Sep 4, 2021 11:06 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
A civil war and a foreign invasion huh tough odds for Souma this time round. A instant fortress was a pretty neat idea. The dark elves reinforcements sure was timely. Thats some crazy accuracy though. Using Excel as a means to bolster resistance among the enemies advance corridor was a smart move on Souma's part. It's pretty comedic seeing the leader of an invading army wait in front of his army though. But using his sole battleship as a means to threaten Vargas's fortress was quite the gutsy move. Carla's low level attack though really was daring. Overall a pretty decent ep that while featuring some good action via the siege of the fortress also had some pretty good intrigue via Souma's machinations. Featuring the air force's attack before showing what happened prior really served to add some tension to that scene and keep us guessing to their true allegiance. Can't wait till next week now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2021 11:26 AM

Feb 2021
Wow! This anime is really getting better and better with each episode huh.
Sep 4, 2021 11:36 AM

Apr 2018
The war arc is going pretty good, really like the strategy plays.
Numbers don't matter if you have an intillegent strategist/leader. Souma will pull through this with only 10k.
War arcs are usually animated with tons of CGI but the animation is pretty good so far.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 4, 2021 11:43 AM
Jul 2014
Wait, what happened, I had to recheck the previous episode because I thought I missed something.

That's the biggest temporal ellipse I've seen in a long time
Sep 4, 2021 12:06 PM

Oct 2017
The war begins and Souma is dominating them. I want to see more brutality, he needs to completely crush those fools.
Sep 4, 2021 12:08 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This is truly epic right now, and they're underestimating Souma, they'll gonna regret soon for sure, the corrupted nobles are so ridiculous xD
Sep 4, 2021 12:31 PM

Jan 2021
40,000 vs. 10,000. It's indeed an unfair battle, but with good management and strategy there are possibilities, and if Souma is the king, it's a guaranteed victory xd

What a play from Souma at the end hahah. He's got some balls, I mean, not long ago he lived in a world where you get cancelled on Twitter for anything and now look at him, no fear of the attackers hsaha
Sep 4, 2021 12:53 PM
Sep 2015
Gotta praise Soma for being peaceful against multi-side war. Let's hope the casualty is as minimum as possible. This is such an unnecessary war. There's no real enemy in this anime. Even the dark lord kingdom is negotiable if the difference in language can be solved.
Sep 4, 2021 1:00 PM
Jul 2021
Pre_Yum said:
With each episode, I'm getting more and more invested in Kazuya's strategies and how smoothly he handles every situation even tho it's a battle situation. His kingdom is stuck between two rocks and all he can do is juggle with them simultaneously.

Kazuya is a 5Head. That battleship was just a trap to lure them in where he himself is just focusing on the castle where one of the Dukes is present. What's gonna happen next? Kazuya is such a great king and strategist.

Right? Seriously though, Considering how much I really love this show, and that it's got an LN(isn't that where it comes from) and just how much it has strategies and stuff about it that I really enjoy makes me REALLY think and feel this show could have been MUCH better served if it was a 20-24 episode Anime instead of the 12 I think it's getting. I mean in most cases I'd much rather have a SOLID 12-13 than a stretched out 24, but I really feel like this series could have stretched out his backstory more, the stuff with the Kingdom, his strategies, this battle and what's to come if they didn't have to shove it into 12 episodes.. Regardless I hope it's popular enough to get another season so bad.
Sep 4, 2021 1:02 PM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
atleast something happend for once, hope that the last episodes are as good.

smoochie smoochie

Sep 4, 2021 1:13 PM

Aug 2013
Finally reaching this part of the story.. I hope the anime can fully adapt and show how Souma control the whole civil and nation war. I gotta pick up and read the novel again from where i left off after the anime ends.
Sep 4, 2021 1:38 PM
Jun 2021
Aversa said:
Honestly the animators went all out with making the corrupt nobles as ugly as possible.

So far i am enjoying the battle scenes tho it's some of the things from the novel where left out not that i blame them for it.
Things are looking good so i am looking forward to next week.
TBH I don't care about the animation lmao...if the story has good plot and characters I'll watch it...the animation just shouldn't be so bad that we can't even watch it
Sep 4, 2021 1:54 PM

Feb 2007
Way too much skipping between this episode and the last, for a moment I thought I had missed an episode here... Still doing a great enough job at adapting the LN, though, I guess there just wasn't enough time to show every step that led to building the fort or to Amidonia arriving at Altromura in one season. The former was not that much of a loss, the latter however included one of Souma's more interesting tricks so I do miss seeing that...
Sep 4, 2021 2:36 PM
Jan 2013
Swagernator said:
Yeah, who needs canons when you have elves.

Imagine waiting for gates to be opened ... because some dude who you don't even know is telling you he will open them. How stupid one can be. But i guess one is required to be a numbskull for mc-kun to be able to marry your daughter (i did not read the LN/manga, but im 100% sure it will be like that).

Did you really watch the episode? Because they explained why they didnt just enter the stronghold by force lol

Sep 4, 2021 4:04 PM

Apr 2015
Souma actually used his living poltergeist against his opponent by controlling a battle ship. They underestimated him big time there. I am mostly curious to know what range that spell has.
Sep 4, 2021 4:33 PM
Jul 2018
Ah yes, leaders wasting human life for pitiful reasons, I wonder where they got that inspiration from :)
Sep 4, 2021 4:58 PM

Jun 2021
Souma is out here pulling a Bobby Fischer and sacrificing his queen (the flagship of his navy, not his literal queen Liscia) just to take back control of the air force.
Sep 4, 2021 5:54 PM
Jul 2018
Although Souma had war strategy the animation battles in the episode were good compared to the previous episode,The corrupted nobles, Souma will have to defeat them in this war.
Sep 4, 2021 7:06 PM
Jan 2021
Dukino said:
Souma continues to show these arrogant dukes how he's the smartest guy in the kingdom. Completely out thinking them at every turn and using their preconceived notions against them. Would've never thought he'd take that giant battleship and wheel it across land like a cart. Truly a genius idea that no one saw coming. On top of that he basically sacrificed the ship so he could use it as a distraction leading away the main air force troops that way he could then take the castle. Over and over Souma proves why he's fit to lead but Vargas and Carmine won't relinquish their stubborn ideals. Hopefully once Souma has captured red dragon City Vargas will come around. Which I'm gonna guess he does then sending those air force troops to the fort we saw earlier. Souma playing chess while there all playing checkers.

Think about whose forces are attacking the prefab fort.
hint: it's not Carmine's troops in the front lines.
Sep 4, 2021 7:08 PM
Dec 2020
Chad Subaru outsmarted lame Lelouch.
Sep 4, 2021 7:12 PM

Nov 2009
CeddyyBearr said:
Souma actually used his living poltergeist against his opponent by controlling a battle ship. They underestimated him big time there. I am mostly curious to know what range that spell has.

A lot of details were cut on numerous aspects (budget and cramming 2 LN volumes into a 13-ep cour, I suppose), but according to the LN:

Sep 4, 2021 7:15 PM
Apr 2021
this is the kind of stuff that deserves to be animated.
everything else so far felt like it had absolutely no real need to be adapted into anime form. If anything, the rest of the show is probably more enjoyable as a book simply because the exposition would flow much nicer - which was 99% of the show up till now.

But I've always wanted a good war strategy anime (Code Geass was a little too nonsensical for my liking). Although this episode certainly wasn't perfect, it did a good job of remaining grounded within the world and only using abilities that have been set up beforehand, while at the same time adding interesting twists that keep you guessing.
Sep 4, 2021 9:17 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Alright finally they reach an interesting part of the story.

But, ugh, i can't fuckin believe that Invader from the neighboring nation named Amidonia dare to wait that shit long, only for the sake of a little gold dust and some sweet talk from those great lord of those stronghold city. I mean, his son had a point, but not that long, ffs. Because you will get a hit hard consequence with that decision. Oh man. But, forget about them already. The interesting part here when they created a fort right in front of the face of Carmine's force in the limited time offered. Looks like from the off screen Tomoe ability helped the situations very well done. Idk about that other two-by-four system Souma got. But, looks like its works out. So, in the other side, the lion has been figure out that Souma wasn't there, but to the red dragon city. Its just too late. Because its happen, one night before, when suddenly a one simple platoon of wyvern ride appeared on the battlefield. Its the reinforcement they need.

The previous battleship explanations finally made its sense here, when unexpectedly the flag battleship, Albert, from the Lagoon city came in far to the inland of the red dragon city tugged by the rhinosaurus and lots of heavy wheels. The plan using that vehicle ironically works out to lured the airforces guard out of the city, while Souma and the rest of the battleship soldiers capturing the city and Vargas silently.

Awkward and silly at one times. But honestly this manage to be quite interesting with how things turn out.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 4, 2021 10:08 PM

Sep 2020
it was awesome episode but unfortunately they skipped some parts of preparation for war but still it was good
i really liked the anti air rocket idea and cant wait to see when souma put his feet on that lion face monkey
but i agree with everyone that this show deserve to get 20-24 episode
cant wait for next season
Sep 5, 2021 3:50 AM

Oct 2016
Great episode! I really hope we get a season 2.

Souma out here with the easy to build Ikea forts. Who needs cannons when you have elves. I hope Souma's army makes it in time, would be a shame for jiggle Walter Excel to die. Castor pretty much already accepts Souma, but he ain't going down without a fight, I can respect that, foolish, but I can respect it. That's a great way to use living poltergeist, Souma's really making good use of his ability, rip to Albert though. Fuck that cliffhanger, really looking forward to the next episode.
Sep 5, 2021 4:43 AM

Jun 2016
finally a great and awesome episode after a few boring episode !!
Sep 5, 2021 5:21 AM
Mar 2012
insane war tactics there Souma. Vs Castor land warship needs 20+ crew usually, but he uses puppets instead. Also Castor/Carla side been wavering already.
And Sunomata Castle built overnight lol right outside Carmine's frontyard.
Sep 5, 2021 5:23 AM

Dec 2013
This felt like I missed an episode and the pacing of this one was all over the place. It's a bit of a shame because I like the wyvern fight.
Sep 5, 2021 6:28 AM
Dec 2019
Until now nothing has really happened in this show so I'm glad.
Sep 5, 2021 6:40 AM

Oct 2013
This should have been a 24 episode anime cause man they crammed a lot into one episode. In the manga and LN it shows how he slows down invading armies and comes up with reinforcements like the rhinos for transportation or hiring adventures, among other stuff.

I really do recommend the manga. It's 100% better than this anime. I hear LN is even better and I will restarting that soon I loved the story so much.
Sep 5, 2021 7:26 AM
Jun 2020
MegamiRem said:
The war begins and Souma is dominating them. I want to see more brutality, he needs to completely crush those fools.

We would need a second season to be able to see the executions
Sep 5, 2021 8:47 AM

Nov 2011
Souma's strategies are becoming more and more interesting! I am interested in seeing what will happen at the strong hold with Walter being there as well.

Aw man Hal and Kaede are really cute together. You could tell she wants him to protect her at all costs. So Sweet.

Damn Souma up to something at the Red Dragon estate! I am super excited for next weeks episode.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 5, 2021 10:55 AM
Jan 2021
when you are dealing with fools, it makes sense that you will have a comfortable victory! normal result! who would sit outside a city, which wants to conquer, believing some of its people, who would probably want to delay the conqueror in this way, so that reinforcements can come! really from the first two to three minutes of this episode you understand, who will win!
Sep 5, 2021 12:36 PM

May 2018
Nice strategies from Kazuya. Nice slideshows for the battles too xD
Sep 10, 2021 2:04 PM

Aug 2013
Shitty nobles are always useless.

Things seem to be going well for Kazuya though I wonder what Carmine is planning.

Sep 12, 2021 8:44 AM

Dec 2020
Indeed, Souma played in his palm. Miraculous Red Dragon City. Very funny.
Sep 20, 2021 4:37 AM

Jan 2018
The animation is better than what I expected. Ig they put their budget near the end of the series.
Oct 2, 2021 9:42 AM

Apr 2009
Crap the civil war is just starting but the foreigners are already here! Duchess Excel is using all that gold, and Weist's kowtowing ability for her dilatory tactics. How will they defend Altomura? Vargas might have already turned to Souma's side after he checkmated him on his own castle so the air units mightl be assaulting Carmine rather than assisting him?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Nov 7, 2021 9:56 PM

Oct 2019
So the country is busy fighting a civil war while being invaded by a foreign army at the same time; an invasion that no-one is talking about, by the way. Kind of like an elephant in a small room that nobody mentions is there. Historically civil wars have followed wars with foreign adversaries. That's the general rule.

For both to happen at the same time is unique and, quite frankly, stupid*. This show started strong but unfortunately its plot has been weakening with each episode :/

*Unless Duke Georg Carmine set a trap on Amidania's king and lured him and his army to that city on purpose. It would be smart to be the one to defeat them there rather than Souma, and he would also take the credit for doing so. He would make a name for himself and go down in history as a patriot and hero, which is really what he wants.
That would be smart writing which would make far more sense than fighting a civil war with foreign invaders on their soil. I wonder if that's what the Duke meant when he asked that Wolf-man if everything was ready.
Feb 10, 2022 9:42 AM

Jun 2020
I appreciate the zoom-in on Sur’s muscles. Omg he’s so cute.

Castor’s smirk ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°

I dead ass thought Nojima Kenji’s character would at least suspect or question something???? He was too cautious for their own good. Or maybe I expected too much lol

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

May 6, 2022 10:02 PM

Dec 2018
this show is just great all around, it maybe isn't super artsy or 2deep4me but it's thoughtful, interesting, fun, enjoyment is a 10/10
May 12, 2022 11:34 AM

Sep 2012
that's 1hell of a decoy souma lol
Sugram22Jun 5, 2022 6:12 AM
Jun 2, 2022 3:08 AM

Jul 2015
Slapping wheels on a battleship and using that as decoy, quite the 5head move by king Souma.

Sep 5, 2022 7:01 PM

Sep 2013
Amazing tactics. Souma's dark magic coming into play like that was awesome. Tactics ftw.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

91 by Archean-Return »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

87 by Archean-Return »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2021

99 by Archean-Return »»
Today, 7:48 AM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2021

140 by Archean-Return »»
Yesterday, 10:19 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

146 by Archean-Return »»
Yesterday, 9:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.