Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 19, 2021 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They deserve this little vacation tbh. In particular, Kukuru worked hard and being able to keep the aquarium open is a big accomplishment. I'm proud of her.

Seems there's some drama among the locals. Kids in their community can be a bit too excited. Great episode, kept me entertained as usual.
Aug 19, 2021 8:28 AM

Jul 2017
With last episode's ice-shaving bar and touch pool session a success with the social media traction, Gama Gama Aquarium is just getting the dream started with the small visitor count they have.

And when you think of Summer, you can effectively call this a beach episode of sorts, now and then they do need to have some rest time after working so hard. Fuuka definitely looked great in that swimsuit, befitting of a former idol's stature and still being a clear Okinawa tourist. Going diving in the Okinawa ocean that looks like the Great Barrier Reef indeed is very elegant. Just forget about work for once, Kukuru! While the BBQ spot is just right behind Gama Gama Aquarium.

Kai's little sister Maho has also come to enjoy the summer, and therein lies the jealousy between her and Kukuru over Fuuka, talk about Yuri supremacy and Kai's marriage recommendation lols. More ice cream...and Kukuru's memories surface, the bond between siblings that she's jealous of having. Director Gramps is already considering Gama Gama Aquarium's writing on the wall at the end of August, with Kuuya clearly having a problematic situation on his hand. Whatever problems that Kukuru may have, Fuuka will always be there to comfort her, from start to finish.

WELL WELL, Maho's classmate Rui Chinen sure is a man in a child's body, even calling Kai "Onii-san" in a gentlemanly manner, as if he's earned a place in her heart as her boyfriend. MAN, RUI'S BOLD AS HECK right out of a Shoujo manga, being a kids' regular in Gama Gama Aquarium. But against Kuuya, these two have their petty arguments over fish knowledge, and Karin proposes a man-to-man challenge between both guys....which leads to the episode's opener, which contrary to expecting results, Kuuya won outright. But he doesn't give up, the girls are truly expecting the expression of love of youth from young between Rui and Maho.

At the end of the day, everyone's got their own problems, but one I treasure most is the frenemy relationship between Kai and Kuuya, and Karin being a 3rd party perspective of the problems that we see Kuuya show his traits be in Gama Gama Aquarium. Hold it all together everyone.

A truly enjoyable relaxation episode that's no less of introspectives.
KANLen09Aug 19, 2021 10:22 AM
Aug 19, 2021 9:21 AM

Apr 2010
Kuuya's past seems pretty dark, people can be pretty cruel to each other.

Anyway Maho was pretty fun and the way Kukuru react to her was great, she certainly was fond on Fuuka.
And the way the girls reacted to that made things pretty interesting.
Aug 19, 2021 9:46 AM

Apr 2016
We have anime set in Okinawa, OKINAWA and only now, we got a swimsuit/beach episode. Disappointed. Regarding Kuuya ... no wonder he acts like he hates the very concept of life, with a past like that who wouldn't. But yeah, everyone has their own circumstances.

Anyway, the grandpa is right, celebrate free days till you have them. Also, Kukuru's talk about siblings .. wasn't that kind of a foreshadowing of whats to come ... Or they just baiting us hard.
Aug 19, 2021 9:48 AM

Feb 2020
The obligatory beach episode. It was about time. xD Fuuka and Kukuru looked pretty in their swimsuits.

Poor Kuuya... His past is really sad.

That pout face. xD

SerafosAug 20, 2021 6:03 AM
Aug 19, 2021 9:49 AM

Jul 2020
Shock horror, an anime about an aquarium has a beach episode? Jokes aside episode was fun as usual with some great banter and seems like gama gama is getting off to a great start with social media fame, but turbulent times are ahead
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Aug 19, 2021 9:50 AM

Apr 2012
Swagernator said:
We have anime set in Okinawa, OKINAWA and only now, we got a swimsuit/beach episode. Disappointed. Regarding Kuuya ... no wonder he acts like he hates the very concept of life, with a past like that who wouldn't.

Anyway, the grandpa is right, celebrate free days till you have them. Also, Kukuru's talk about siblings .. wasn't that kind of a foreshadowing of whats to come ... Or they just baiting us hard.

Well, this is progress to some extent. Usually anime about Okinawa try to occupy all the screen time with the beach and hot young people in swimsuits and swimming trunks. This is something of an anime version of California.
Aug 19, 2021 10:02 AM

Apr 2014
It wouldn't be Okinawa without a swimsuit. The Kumaka Island also looks very beautiful.
Fuuka is like Kururu's sister, is this some more hint?! Let's see... 🤔
Kuuya's past was pretty dark. The Gamagama Aquarium gave him opportunities and changes him, no wonder why he doesn't want the aquarium to be close.
何それ?意味分かんない
Aug 19, 2021 10:04 AM

Dec 2020
Kuuya past is really sad life can always change very quickly.

I hope that kukuru can stay positive and can prevent that the aquarium get closed.
Very wholesome episode.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Aug 19, 2021 10:06 AM

Dec 2012
I hope we'll see Imouto again

Aug 19, 2021 10:24 AM

Sep 2019
beach!!!! Fuuka looked very cute in her swimsuit, the others looked good too but I wish they had worn swimsuits as well
Aug 19, 2021 10:31 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its nice that despite the pressure that their attempt to bring in more visitors is working. Still the gran is right in that rest is also important. Kukuru though is such a workaholic. She's cute when she pouts though. Komaka island though looks soo nice and provided an excellent backdrop for their beach trip. Wow Maho has quite the attitude on her though. Given her personality its no wonder Fuuka's popular with kids while making her an excellent older sister type character. Rui's intro as Maho's potential BF sure was fun. Kuuya's nature sure serves to add some good tension with that race with Rui. Overall a pretty calm and relaxing ep that served to allow the cast to enjoy some downtime and bond with each other. Its curious but its interesting to see Kukuru start to open up to Fuuka and start seeing her as a older sister like figure. Its good that Kuuya managed to get some much needed expansion. In a way every member of the cast despite not all working there has their own stake on the aquarium ones that they want to maintain for as long as they can. Feels like things are starting to come to the head with it though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2021 10:42 AM

Jul 2017
Kukuru: "Look at how amazing of a director I am!"
also Kukuru: "lol imma work you to death no breaks for yuo peasant"

at this point her ignorance is natural :P

Rui is definitely growing up to be a shoujo love rival lmao. That or one of those MC's that are over possessive towards the heroine.

also damn how did it take only half an ep to make Kuuya the most interesting character in this series so far? ngl my ship senses are tingling with kuuya x karin
Aug 19, 2021 10:46 AM

Apr 2012
Short_Circut said:

Rui is definitely growing up to be a shoujo love rival lmao. That or one of those MC's that are over possessive towards the heroine.

also damn how did it take only half an ep to make Kuuya the most interesting character in this series so far? ngl my ship senses are tingling with kuuya x karin

You ignored all of his interactions with Kukuru and Kai before that, but once a new side character got on the show, you instantly decided that his main ship would be with them?
Aug 19, 2021 10:53 AM

Jul 2017
RobertBobert said:
Short_Circut said:

You ignored all of his interactions with Kukuru and Kai before that, but once a new side character got on the show, you instantly decided that his main ship would be with them?

a.) when did I mention anything about it being a main ship?

b.) I said it was a tingling feeling.

c.) they've known each other since hs (also have a close enough relationship) and she knows about his past trauma. It's not rocket science to know that's a super-easy way to start a pairing

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
ArdanazAug 19, 2021 11:44 AM
Aug 19, 2021 10:57 AM

Apr 2012
Short_Circut said:
RobertBobert said:

c.) they've known each other since hs (also have a close enough relationship) and she knows about his past trauma. It's not rocket science to know that's a super-easy way to start a pairing

We are both white, I don't think it is appropriate to use the N-word in this situation. But okay. Dude, this is episode 7 and literally her first appearance on the show. You can take it very personally, but at the moment, regardless of gay or het routes, he has a better chance of getting in a relationship with someone from their "four".

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
ArdanazAug 19, 2021 11:45 AM
Aug 19, 2021 11:00 AM

Jul 2017
RobertBobert said:
Short_Circut said:

We are both white, I don't think it is appropriate to use the N-word in this situation. But okay. Dude, this is episode 7 and literally her first appearance on the show. You can take it very personally, but at the moment, regardless of gay or het routes, he has a better chance of getting in a relationship with someone from their "four".

first I'm American and now I'm white? shit my whole life's a lie I guess

Aug 19, 2021 11:04 AM

Apr 2012
Short_Circut said:
RobertBobert said:

first I'm American and now I'm white? shit my whole life's a lie I guess

Let's admit. But I am white with Slavic and Semitic roots. What is the point of using this word in my address?

Aug 19, 2021 11:35 AM

Jan 2019
Kai and Fuuka are now officially shipped by Maho :D
And Fuuka is called to be like a sister for Kukuru by Karin.
I believe, that this is intentional. A further hint, that both could be real sisters.

And again we see, that Kukuru and Kuuya are really similar. Even if Kukuru acts more open to fight for the aquarium, Kuuya is not less dedicated. both are not willing to have a break in fear, that the aquarium could be closed. Again I say, that they will find together.

I really like this episode. Both childs are great and I really like the tension of them between Kai or Kuuya. It is just great!
And a beach episode in an anime, where sands is even in the name... It is suprisingly (in a good way), that we didn't had more bikini scenes until now!
Aug 19, 2021 12:09 PM

Sep 2011
It was an interesting episode... Now, we know more about Kuuya and his sad past. The imouto was so cute, I hope we will see her again :D
Aug 19, 2021 12:14 PM

Apr 2015
A pretty relaxing episode, with a break for all the young ones at the aquarium to enjoy themselves. It's a nice change of pace.

Okinawa and beach is perfectly normal in the same sentence, which ultimately leads to SWIMSUITS.. and the majority wasn't wearing any T_T Only Fuuka was wearing one cause for her it is normal to do so on a beach, while the local girls knew better cause of them living there. This also is kind of a nice change though.

Kukuru overheard Kuuya and Gramps at the worst possible time. Deep down she knows it though, why she is working ever so hard for the aquarium and why she needed this break.

Kuuya's past hits different, that's just horrible to go through and the school not even backing him up and also thrown him into the problem child category. Yeah can't blame him for quitting school after all that. Explains his distance towards the girls.

When Kukuru and Udon-chan had their conversation about siblings, I was expecting Kukuru to go into the second baby handbook she found, but perhaps that is for another time.
Aug 19, 2021 12:28 PM

Jan 2021
Heeeh, I wasn't expecting beach scenes here, I'm not complaining o.o

Kuuya's past, it wasn't what I expected .-.
Aug 19, 2021 12:39 PM
Jul 2020
I loved this ep sm since we learned more about Kuuya whos definetely my fav character so far,best boy
im also worried about Kukuru and gama gama closing as well T-T
Aug 19, 2021 12:42 PM

Apr 2021
My favorite episode so far, especially nice since the last one was my least favorite so far... I wasn't expecting this show to deliver laughs but grandpa's "Kukuru might drop by too" when she's hiding right behind the door was a really good one.

Kuuya going full Boris Johnson on the new kid at the beach was awkward as hell, he just can't or won't read the air. I second Short_Circuit and kozunxko, he's the most interesting character at this point.
Aug 19, 2021 12:45 PM

Nov 2016
This was a pretty half-assed beach episode, if can you even label this one as such. Also, they had to create a scenario where Fuuka would get embarassed wearing a swimsuit. I can honestly do without that trope.

In terms of visuals and character focus it was pretty nice again, tho. In particular when it came to Kuuya. Competing with a child was a bit cringey. However, they did ma boy really dirty in the past. It can get uncomfortable if you reject the wrong girl or date her if you catch my drift. Well, in the end he still found a nice place, but it will require a collective effort to keep it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 19, 2021 1:08 PM

Jul 2011
Im impressed that took 7 episodes for a beach episode to happen.

Let me throw a wild guess: In a couple episode the girl who bullied Kuuya, will appear and begin a anti-Gama Gama campaign. Or at least say to next Kuuya job that he sexually assaulted her.
Aug 19, 2021 1:20 PM
Nov 2019
very nice episode, we got introduced to some new characters and also got some insight on kuuyas past. unfortunately he got involved with some evil girls and their schemes.. I do ship him with karin tho.

also fuuka in a swimsuit looks stunning
Aug 19, 2021 1:21 PM
Apr 2020
another fantastic episode i'm loving this anime, the animation WAS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! once again.
Aug 19, 2021 1:27 PM

Feb 2014
Seven episodes into this series and we finally get a beach-focused episode! XD

Although Fuuka was sadly the only girl to show off her bikini (It looked really cute and beautiful on her!), I can see why the other girls didn't strip down to their own swimwear either, although it felt like a missed opportunity to me. Maybe some promotional art for Megami magazine could solve this issue... =P

What this episode did great was focusing on Kuuya and why he did NOTHING wrong. Not only did he put that wannabe chad in his place in a 1v1 sprint race on the beach, but we also got to know as to why he's not fond of girls. He was popular at school, but because he turned down a girl who was part of a dodgy group, they didn't take that answer well and made his life hell up to the point where he couldn't take it anymore and quit high school altogether.

What makes this more sad was that the school treated him like a problem child and didn't make any effort into helping him, despite that fact that he was the victim in all of this. It's thanks to Kukuru's grandpa that he got his life back on track, so it would be sad to lose him if Gama Gama Aquarium does close its doors for good. =(

On a side note, the animation quality of Kuuya skimming stones across the water's surface was really impressive, as was the visuals for the episode all throughout.
Aug 19, 2021 2:11 PM
May 2021
It's good to know a little bit more of Kuuya, obviously there was a reason that he is so quiet. I'm worried what will happen to Kuuya and Kukuru if Gama Gama is closed, lets see what is next.
Aug 19, 2021 2:47 PM

Jul 2015
Damn. Kuuya got done dirty in the past.

Aug 19, 2021 3:36 PM

Dec 2016
I always wonder why Kuuya doesn't stand being near a girl, now I know :( It's sad how a simple girl can treat someone like garbage, and I felt bad for how he was treated back at high school. No one deserve that kind of treatment. What that mean girl needs is some karma knocking at her door :)

Great episode by the way! :D Also, Kuuya could have been nicer to those kids ^^;

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Aug 19, 2021 3:41 PM

Nov 2018
Not much really happened this episode. But I'm glad they got a chance to comfort each other, and that impulsive embrace was great. Someone mentioned sisters, but I think they both know they're starting to become much more than that. There are so many more episodes to go. Can't wait to see how close their relationship gets!
Aug 19, 2021 4:04 PM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
Kuuya quickly became my favourite character after this episode.
Aug 19, 2021 4:19 PM

Oct 2020
Heh, Kukuru really loves working. After all the hard work, this vacation is really well deserved. The beach segment was pretty nice, though I would've preferred more swimsuits. Damn, Kuuya's backstory was pretty goddamn sad. He really got done dirty.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2021 4:22 PM
Jul 2018
episode with beach, aquarium looks like it's going to close even though I hope Fuuka does something against it.
Aug 19, 2021 4:44 PM

Sep 2015
Well they finally explained why Kuuya acted the way he did from previous episodes.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Aug 19, 2021 5:08 PM

Jun 2021
I guess this is the Kuuya episode, which was OK.

Still, I wish there was some movement on the overall story, as the pacing is starting to get pretty slow-moving.
Aug 19, 2021 5:58 PM

Jan 2020
This was fun. I really liked the beach part and it's nice seeing the characters happy

I have a feeling gama gama will indeed close down and it's something I don't want :(

it's gonna be sad

Aug 19, 2021 8:26 PM

Jan 2017
The melancholic vibe when Kukuru and Udon-chan were discussing about how nice it could be if they had siblings... T_T

With a shitty memory of highschool like that, no wonder Kuuya became the way he is now. What I'm surprised is that he was not only a model student but ALSO a good athlete as well
Aug 19, 2021 8:35 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yeah summer break will not be a summer break without a beach part. However, this is still a beautiful episode, without much depiction and did the less focus on the usual fan service trope at the beach, except for Fuuka case. She is the mascot of beauty and elegancy, so for sure everything around her must ended up at a different note than the others. Yup, the swimsuit is so fuckin perfect for her nice body, ngl. The kids also give a fun nuance to their vacation. That's good, they were having lotta fun!

Story wise building up some good moments and straight development. Kuuya got a nice little additional background story, and its really good to know more about him and his trueself. Different but hold some same meaning with Kukuru's case with the aquarium matters. Plus her little thought about sister. Can they hold up their ground when everything turned out to be fail in the end? Well, let everything slide in right to your great sister, Fuuka-chan. But, take it slow, 3 weeks still awaiting you all....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 19, 2021 9:02 PM
Apr 2021
Kuuya's backstory makes him probably the most interesting of the main cast in retrospect. Kukuru is so bland and single minded about the aquarium she's basically on the level of a shounen protagonist. Kai could be good if there was more drama between him and kukuru
Fuuka started off interesting but she's pretty much been a blank slate for most of the story. When you leave a quiet character without any challenges to face in the story their character development dies out completely. Other more vibrant characters can still work off interaction alone, but Fuuka barely interacts with the other characters, and when she does it just really feels empty
Udon and the other female supporting cast are all pretty much generic cliches. There's nothing really to them aside from the fact that they're all kinda bored of the small town lifestyle.
so then returning to Kuuya, he always felt distinct from all the other characters, but he just didn't have any development to make him interesting. Now with this backstory he's very much a relatable and distinct - two important traits for making a good character. However they will need to continually develop him from here on out for it to work.
Aug 19, 2021 11:06 PM

Apr 2012
Tigerle said:
Kai and Fuuka are now officially shipped by Maho :D
And Fuuka is called to be like a sister for Kukuru by Karin.
I believe, that this is intentional. A further hint, that both could be real sisters.

And again we see, that Kukuru and Kuuya are really similar. Even if Kukuru acts more open to fight for the aquarium, Kuuya is not less dedicated. both are not willing to have a break in fear, that the aquarium could be closed. Again I say, that they will find together.

I really like this episode. Both childs are great and I really like the tension of them between Kai or Kuuya. It is just great!
And a beach episode in an anime, where sands is even in the name... It is suprisingly (in a good way), that we didn't had more bikini scenes until now!

Huh, I love how the yuri shippers reacted to this. I feel like if this trend continues, then this show will really get some Eupho-level denial.
Aug 20, 2021 1:43 AM

Jan 2021
Ah, this episode is quite emotional.

At first I was a bit like... when Kukuru said it was as if there was no day off because the current situation is urgent and I agreed with Kuuya who felt too tired and need a day off, but I know and understand that both Kukuru and Kuuya are very worried and afraid Gama Gama Aquarium will be completely closed.

Kukuru and Udon-chan's conversation about the joys of having a sibling/sister.. it's nice to see Kukuru like having an older sister when she's with Fuuka.

Kuuya's past was also very sad, now we finally know why he acts like that. I liked him since the first time he appeared.

Didn't know beach episode can be this emotional. But at least we got Fuuka in swimsuit. She is so pretty, no wonder she is an (ex) idol.

Aug 20, 2021 4:13 AM
Dec 2018
Yuri and Yaoi Bait.

. .
My Candies:

Aug 20, 2021 5:08 AM

Jun 2020
I actually like Kuuya since his first appeared, now I understand why he can't stand girls, that was really sad and I hope they can explain it more.

Man swimsuit Fuuka is nice but the sea scenery is so beautiful it makes me want to go to beach again.
Aug 20, 2021 5:16 AM

Oct 2007
lol. Kukuru does not like the loli.

that kid runs fast. He caused Kuuya to run seriously in their game.

Fuuka in a bit of awkward situation, she's the only one with a swimsuit in their group. Thankfully, tourists also wearing swimsuit, so things worked out fine.

looking forward to next week!
Aug 20, 2021 5:17 AM

Oct 2016
Probably the most bittersweet beach episode I've ever seen. Another really great episode! I feel ya Kai, definitely don't think Kukuru can handle Gama Gama closing, I am not ready for the feels once that happens, cause the way things are going, Kukuru's gramps is sure about closing it down.

At least we also got some moments of fun this episode, Fuuka looks great in her swimsuit. Maho and that green haired kid was also really entertaining. Kuuya definitely don't hold back, fuck them kids.

That explains Kuuya's behavior all this time, pretty sad about what happened to him in high school, some people really just fucking sucks. Well, dodged a bullet there, wouldn't wanna date someone like that.

Fuuka definitely having that mature older sister vibes this episode. Also, this is one of the most adorable pouts ever.

Must protecc Kukuru, and must protecc aquarium. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Aug 20, 2021 5:42 AM

Dec 2020
What. WWWWWHAT? we're going with the "shes like a sister to me🥺💓" path? we could've had sapphics here but no ig💔

didnt expect kuuya's past to be like that. a bit dramatic and "anime"-y but im glad his "i cant stand girls" persona isnt just because of something shallow
Aug 20, 2021 5:46 AM

Apr 2012
lizzziziz said:
What. WWWWWHAT? we're going with the "shes like a sister to me🥺💓" path? we could've had sapphics here but no ig💔

didnt expect kuuya's past to be like that. a bit dramatic and "anime"-y but im glad his "i cant stand girls" persona isnt just because of something shallow

That is why I ask folks to closely follow the development of the plot and its context, and not to make things too personal, shouting "they hugged each other, absolute lesbians!"
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2021

138 by basskiller »»
Dec 11, 2023 5:15 PM

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2021

78 by basskiller »»
Dec 10, 2023 6:06 PM

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2021

74 by basskiller »»
Dec 10, 2023 12:00 AM

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2021

85 by basskiller »»
Dec 8, 2023 5:35 PM

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2021

105 by basskiller »»
Dec 5, 2023 1:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.