Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... X Episode 2 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 9, 2021 10:08 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's almost like Catarina was destind to play her role this episode on stage. Really, she has such a level of charisma that's hard to take eyes off of.

Her dance session with Mary was also comedy gold. Speaking of dances, I'm glad to see the episode gave the dance floor to all the relevant characters, until they were interrupted that is. This episode felt like watching a play.

Jul 9, 2021 10:08 AM

Jul 2017
Bakarina got into a queasy situation of performing in a stage play similar to Cinderella...and her instincts told her to flee ASAP. But with all the princes and princesses around, the villainess can't afford to turn her tail, run away and reject their offer. And because it's on a very short notice, Catarina who cannot act, fears she would forget her lines onstage, so a hidden placard to remember her lines, and some cookies from Keith to help draw off that nervousness. And let the stage play begin! Expectations are high.

As expected, the play is pretty much a parody of Cinderella that's obviously penned in Catarina's style with Sophia's scriptwriting help...and without the placard Catarina's of no help, but she has to depend on Mary to help get back on track...which fails spectacularly, even if it isn't a doom flag. So it's off to the villainess's improvisation to do the job as the evil stepsister, which definitely did the trick.

For the rest of the improvised play that tunes to more of Sophia's abrupt story change for effect, it goes off without a hitch...that turns into an all-out fest between Geordo, Nicol and Keith for Catarina's affection, all while the villainess herself only scraped the best of her ability to finish the play proper and keeping the heart of the original alive. Call that a play of the weirdest proportions that luckily executed well.

Catarina...got kidnapped...in the dark...? Welp, what will happen to her?
KANLen09Jul 9, 2021 11:39 AM
Jul 9, 2021 10:50 AM

Jul 2020
I was dying at the dance scene, god what was that! If I don't ever comment again, just know I died from laughter and blame hamefura for my death
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Jul 9, 2021 10:57 AM
Jul 2016
Sofia just rewrote the script to insert Nicol. And everyone battle for Katarina. Poor Alan, he has to play piano.
Jul 9, 2021 11:14 AM
Nov 2019
that's what im wondering too. should be on Crunchyroll soon tho
Jul 9, 2021 11:16 AM

Jun 2019
Looks like even Bakarina has stage fear like most people, like me which is pretty normal but since she's so cheerful, it's quite a surprise. Poor Katarina couldn't even escape from there because of everyone out there who just die for her. LOL

Also, the Cinderalla play was funny and cute in my opinion with a bit of Katarina's spice. Once again, Katarina made me adore her once again in this episode. Everything she does feels like it's a little kid's doing and you can't help but smile watching her. I guess that's how all of her friends feel about her. I loved the play overall.

No, don't kidnap my sweet Bakarina. Leave her alone. I hope it isn't anything too extreme.
Jul 9, 2021 11:30 AM

Apr 2014
When the stage plays suddenly changes into real life. Everyone fight for Katarina. I love this performance. 😂👍
Acted as a nasty sister-in-law? Just be your usual villainous self, Bakarina and you will able to do it with ease.

Katarina was kidnapped?!! I really looking forward to the next episode.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 9, 2021 11:44 AM
Nov 2019
I wonder who kidnapped her in the end . maybe one of the jealous guys ?
Jul 9, 2021 11:50 AM
Oct 2016
That whole play turned into a hot mess. I laughed the whole time they were just editing the script to fit around Catarina stupidity. Keith, Nicol and Geordo all fighting for real over Catarina was hilarious, they went a but beyond acting. Catarina having to resort to the person she thought was gone forever, her evil self! Loved the whole play going array but somehow still being a success. Sophia making a whole new character just so Nicol can get close to Catarina. Catarina did better than expected considering her record on messing things up. That ending though, now we're getting to the meat of this season. Who's abducting Catarina.
Jul 9, 2021 11:50 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Pretty catchy opening. Popularity sure can be a double edged sword huh. The stage play though was pretty fun. Mary's decision to adapt a new scene in to get to the lines sure was creative. Sophia's countering of everyone's attempt to secure the new character sure was fun. Wow Joker sure travelled far to steal this treasure. Though the play sure got more heated than even she expected. Katarina's villainess side though sure added a nice contrast to the scenes but in the end it was exactly what the play needed and i have to say i really enjoyed their take on a classic tale. The ending sure introduced quite an unique situation though. Quite curious to see what happens next week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2021 11:56 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Interesting to see them all doing theater play, of course there are romantic tensions when they take it seriously... and wow, I didn't expect this end of episode, kidnapping on Katarina uh? The ending theme is pretty good also.
Jul 9, 2021 11:59 AM
May 2021
I did theatre in high school, so my theatre instincts were kicking in, thinking, “just improvise, do this” all that, but it was still a good play scene.
Jul 9, 2021 12:06 PM

Jan 2014
Damn, this is gonna be full of cliffhangers that is just gonna keep you on the edge of your seat. Nice. What a lovely play, had me laughing with how some were reacting haha.
Jul 9, 2021 12:21 PM

Nov 2016
Bakarina acting like a real villainess on stage was funny to see.

And is she really getting abducted?

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 9, 2021 12:28 PM

Jan 2017
Loved every second of this episode! Also, that ED slaps hard!
Jul 9, 2021 12:32 PM

Jul 2014
I feel like I've seen enough instances of characters fucking up plays and having to comedically improvise the whole thing that this ended up falling more or less completely flat for me. Katarina playing the villainess she has always tried to avoid being to survive should have been funny, but it just didn't work for me (not least because there would have been actual stakes to it if Katarina had been forced to act like that before clearing her death flags). And Sophia's rewrites ended up playing out as another variant of the same old beats between Keith, Geordo and Nicol that we've seen more than enough times already.

Even with this kidnapping cliffhanger, it feels like this second season is already struggling for ways to justify its existence and for ways to justify the story continuing beyond where season 1 ended (and where the narrative as a whole would have been just fine ending).
Jul 9, 2021 12:58 PM

Jul 2013
This episode was hilarious. The moment Sophia started talking about a romance subplot with the Sailor Moon's Tuxedo Mask I was already laughing out loud. The moment those three started fighting on the stage I couldn't control myself.
A truly satisfying episode so I don't really get why we need this new drama. Just them doing silly things and interacting would be enough for me, and I am sure, a lot of other fans too.

At any case, the plot is starting. I wonder why she got kidnapped; perhaps a new member of the harem? Geordo will go bald from stress lol

Lastly, that ending. Just wow. I don't remember when was the last time I saw such a stylishly animated ending credits sequence. If there was a competition for the best ending (lol) Bakarina would win by a landslide.
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Jul 9, 2021 1:06 PM

May 2018
I agree, bakarina is the best villainess ever haha
Jul 9, 2021 1:07 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Well, that was some play. Playing the Akuyaku role is what Catarina's all about and there's proof of that from here xD, she's really got the talent to be an actress. Hilarious how the other three got caught up in their real battles out of the blue.

Interesting twist with the Dark Knight and whatnot, just seeing the end of the play like that just made it seem poor lol.

But wait, more importantly, Catarina kidnapped? I knew something wasn't right with the girl leading given how half her face was shaded.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 9, 2021 1:41 PM
Apr 2020
Katarina being kidnapped in the ending. Seems like there might be some potential drama in the next episode
Jul 9, 2021 2:16 PM

Sep 2019
Their dance was hilarious. Why am I not surprised at her getting kidnapped at all lmao
Jul 9, 2021 3:33 PM

Mar 2010
This episode was hilarious. Catarina almost did ruin the play by being there lol
Jul 9, 2021 3:44 PM

Dec 2013
Was this Sophia's plan all along? she had the costume and everything.
Jul 9, 2021 3:52 PM

Jul 2016
Entertaining but was honestly expecting more from the stage play. Especially since I really wanted to see more of villainess Katarina and not Geordo losing his composure for the umpteenth time.
Anyways, the whole deal with Sophia re-arranging the script with the sole purpose of including her brother in it was still hilarious.
Jul 9, 2021 4:16 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Whew, I thought that stage play was going to end up as a disaster, lol. I cringed a bit at the sudden unexpected rearrangements at the stage play, which turned out for the best, I guess. Characters such as Katarina who is perfect for the villainess role surely stood out in the stage play. I'm glad that Sophia was incredibly happy at how the stage play turned out.

I love the visuals of the new ED. It looks super stylish!
Jul 9, 2021 4:42 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Bakarina was forced to play the role of evil stepsister for the play that Sophia created. Since Bakarina forgot her lines, she had no choice to ad lib by adapting the Villainess role from the game that she knows so well. It worked so well for her since that was the role she was meant to play anyway to trigger her doom flags. Things got out of hand very quickly when Geordo, Nicol, and Keith started fighting over Bakarina for real so she had to step in and put the spotlight back on her so that she can make Maria look good as the main heroine. The play ending up being a success with Bakarina being the star of the show. However, someone has targeted Bakarina by luring her away and kidnapping her.

The ED looks like another anisong club banger.
AddaeAkonoJul 9, 2021 4:46 PM
Jul 9, 2021 5:18 PM

Apr 2015
There's no better role fitting for Catarina than an evil stepsister. Even without memorizing her lines, it was the perfect match and improvising her lines made it one crazy play. The boys couldn't handle each other standing next to Catarina again, that was too funny.

Oh dear, Catarina getting herself in trouble again, I felt it coming, but didn't expect her to get kidnapped...
Jul 9, 2021 6:00 PM

May 2020
This was pure gold, seeing Katarina as an actual villaines was awesome!
Jul 9, 2021 6:52 PM
Oct 2019
Can we just talk about how good the ending is? Not only is the theme catchy but the visuals are so beautiful.
Jul 9, 2021 7:06 PM

Feb 2019
Lmao so things went off script today, Nichol and Keith’s fight was hilarious. I love how Sophia is just orchestrating things from behind the scenes.

Nice little preview of the ultimate confrontation we’ll have to get one day for Bakarina’s heart.
Jul 9, 2021 7:07 PM
Jul 2018
this episode shows how bad the situation is when you forget some phrase or role of lines that is already something tense for solution as in the performance of Catarina that was amazing for the plot.
Jul 9, 2021 8:05 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Gotta love play scenes in anime, this was a great one. Mary and Katarina’s ad-libbed dance to try and get her cue card was really nice, also loved how she had to embrace her villainess side to accommodate for her lack of lines. And you know it’s a Katarina moment when the play turns into a duel over her lol.

Lastly, that ending was a little unexpected, but looking at it afterward it, it was a very Katarina thing to do, following a mysterious person down a dark path, what could go wrong. That ED was really nice too, the song will have to grow on me but those visuals were very good. Can’t wait for the next episode.
Jul 9, 2021 9:00 PM

Jul 2019
Season is a pleasant of surprise thus far. I'm really loving the creativeness this season has. It's quite amusing to watch there characters put in different scenarios.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jul 9, 2021 9:17 PM

Dec 2020
the guys fighting for katarina at the play was kinda eh but alan just playing the piano + keith fighting with a gardening hoe really got me
Jul 9, 2021 9:19 PM

Jun 2021
Meh, didn't really need an entire episode of a mediocre Cinderella cover.
At least it ended on a cliffhanger, so hopefully next episode will be better
Jul 9, 2021 10:08 PM

Jun 2020
Evil Bakarina is actually so cool. I want her to step on me!!!! Lololllll. Sophia dead ass rejecting all of them wanting to play the new role just so she could get Nicol to play Katarina’s love interest. Villager can’t change costumes in time. Pianist has to continue playing. Stepmother won’t work. Neither will the prince plot twist work. What a plan trolllololll.

LOL!!!!!!!!! Keith had me CACKLING. That was so chaotic it was hilarious. Even Alan was really getting into it at the piano lol. Poor Sophia, they were just throwing the entire play off due to their thirst over Katarina xD

I’m enjoying it so far but tbh, these felt like OVA episodes. Nothing really happened. Of course, till the end of this episode. We’ll see!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jul 9, 2021 11:31 PM

Oct 2016
The play was amazing lmao, the way they just improvised and improvised fucking killed me. Probably the most hilarious episode of the series so far. One hundred percent sure that was all according to Sophia's keikaku so she she can sail the Katarina x Nicol ship lmao. Damn Katarina, that's like the second time you've been kidnapped. Looking forward to the next episode.

The ED is a banger once again.
Jul 9, 2021 11:53 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Best stage drama play and action i've ever seen. Thrilling and exciting. Thats a simple way to sum up this perfect episode. Thanks to Catarina greatness and charm as a villain, everything went right through the plan. However, its cost her much, having herself got kidnapped by some unknown new characters.
Well, the story become so wackily fun. So, yeah, can't wait to see more of this!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 10, 2021 12:36 AM

Dec 2014
tis a blessed season for me, Hayami being in 4 of the animes i'm watching this season lol
Jul 10, 2021 1:31 AM

Oct 2008
the butai was chaotic but its very fun adlibbing!
5/5.

Jul 10, 2021 5:43 AM

Aug 2013
Katarina fit well with her role as a villainess. The play was funny.

And now she got herself kidnapped.

Jul 10, 2021 6:46 AM

Oct 2014
I feel so embarassed watching Catarina on stage. I'm glad it all went well. Or else she will met his doom by her own mother lmao.

That cliff hanger at the end. Its too early for drama so my guess is that was one of the main characters who captures her. Theyre just playing tricks on her.

Cant wait for episode 3
Jul 10, 2021 7:13 AM

Oct 2017
Lol ofc even the play turns out to be a war for Katarina which was hilarious. Katarina got kidnapped? By who? For what reason?
Jul 10, 2021 8:32 AM

Jul 2021
This episode felt like an extra or OVA.

I enjoy the piano though. It's as wonderful as always.

Overall, an okay episode.
Jul 10, 2021 10:25 AM

Apr 2021
There had better be a major catfight for Katarina in the next episode to balance out that stage confrontation.
Jul 10, 2021 11:26 AM

Nov 2011
Good improv from Bakarina. But It looks like the show has now taken a serious turn! Hyped to see what happens next week.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 10, 2021 12:49 PM

Nov 2013
LoL Sophia CONVENIENTLY having black-knight costume that fits his brother only - this part was hilarious.
And guys getting serious when fighting for Katarina xD
Only Alan was preoccupied with something else (music) to care.

Truly the funniest anime this season.
Jul 10, 2021 3:34 PM
Aug 2020
This episode had some highlights, but overall I was kinda bored watching this. It feels kind of lacking compared of season 1 so far. I think this needs a sense of direction or overarching plot.
Jul 10, 2021 10:01 PM
May 2019
Their two things I want from this show after this episode the first thing is for the whole love triangle thing to stop it's been really annoying since it started In the adult arc. And two for everyone in the friend circle to come together in a comedic rescue attempt.
Jul 10, 2021 11:02 PM

Mar 2009
tfw Catarina the villainess will never step on you.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... X Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2021

76 by Shocked »»
Apr 22, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... X Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2021

86 by Shocked »»
Apr 22, 5:47 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... X Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2021

106 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... X Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2021

66 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 9:17 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... X Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2021

85 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 6, 12:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.