Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... X Episode 3 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 16, 2021 9:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I really like the way Mary is protrayed in this episode with her believable human behavior and feelings.

Catalina got taken away but she keeps her cool as usual. Also got to see Selena's past but her personality feels like a contrast compared to Calalina. I like how Catalina helps Selena build confidence to her character even though she got 'kidnapped'.

What a great person.
Jul 16, 2021 11:09 AM

Jun 2019
Bakarina has been kidnapped but surprisingly she has been treated very dearly by her kidnappers for some reason. She's basically having a lot of fun there for someone who's been kidnapped and above all, she can have all the sweets. Nice. She even forgot that she was kidnapped. LOL

The conversation between Mary and Alan was an interesting one. Both confessed to each other that they love someone else and none of them has any problem with that. Everyone's really worried about Katarina. She also helped Selena even tho she was jealous of Katarina. Another reason we can't stop loving Katarina. We also saw some of Selena's side of the story and how she fell in love with Ian.
Jul 16, 2021 11:44 AM

Feb 2019
Lmao bakarina can even make kidnappers fall in love with her. What can’t this girl do. Figures that Selena wasn’t really behind everything. Hopefully Geordo and everyone can get there in time.
Marinate1016Jul 16, 2021 11:47 AM
Jul 16, 2021 11:45 AM

Jul 2017
Katarina got kidnapped captured by the older siblings and fiancées of Princes Alan and Geordo, and therefore starts a frenzy between all parties. And in true Bakarina fashion, getting won over by sweets and being so comfortable and such while forgetting that she's been kidnapped, such simpleness handled by the maid in-service Lana.

Selena is a good and nurtured girl no doubt...except that everyone else are manipulative towards her, as such from the people who are jealous of Bakarina and are scared that she could take a place as the betrothed of Geordo. Seriously though, both Selena and Katarina are two peas in the same pod...used to, and the latter pushes for the former to get recognized by Ian, love that encouragement.

Alan and Mary admitting to each other that they both have feelings and admire Katarina, now that's a collective effort between all parties while juggling a heavy call to the throne and also contending with dark magic if need be that's evident from Season 1. Even Raphael gives the assurance that the villainess will be safe, so there's that.

Trouble starts with the butler Rufus, so how will both Katarina and Selena ride this one out? Better save her before she vanishes!
Jul 16, 2021 11:49 AM
Oct 2016
Catarina almost had this whole abduction situation solved right there at the end of the episode. But whoever this guy is with his dark magic controlling Selena isn't done with Catarina yet. The talk that the two had was really sweet, Catarina relating to how Selena felt regarding Prince Ian since Catarina herself has always felt inadequate next to Geordo. Selena is a very sweet girl just trying to be with the guy she has loved for a long time. Not wanting to be a disappointment in his eyes and Selena is very worried about that. Catarina said the right things telling her to just talk to Ian about how she feels. Catarina completely forgetting she was kidnapped made me laugh, Bakarina strikes again. She got caught up in the sweets and being lazy just forgetting about her abduction. Whoever this guy is manipulating things wanting the princes gone, hes up to something.
Jul 16, 2021 11:53 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Kidnapped but yet treated like a guest instead of a hostage how curious. Even more so though was Rufus's powers. So their demands was political rather than greed. Bakurina though sure is enjoying her time there though. The contrast in thoughts between Selena and Bakurina though was hillarious. Its nice to see Mary get some development though. Selena's low self esteem sure gave the dark mage the perfect entry point for his plan. The first encounter of Selena and Ian though was cute. But Katarina's words to Selena sure were excellent ones. At the end of the day you should live your live the way you want it and not be dictated by the wills of others. Its nice seeing her power to befriend anyone break through the insecurities that surrounded Selena. Looks like Rufus's goals go beyond simply forcing Geordo to relinquish his right to the throne. Though my money's on the last prince being the true culprit. Overall an interesting ep that combined excellent tension with some decent character expansion via Selena and Mary's development. Curious to see where this will go next.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2021 12:10 PM

Aug 2013
Bakarina as a saint? No way. XD

Things were about to get resolved with Selena till that guy showed up. I wonder what his true aim is.

Jul 16, 2021 1:05 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
At least it was a "good" kidnapping and she's been perfectly treated with books and sweets xD too bad that Selena girl is manipulated by that other ugly guy, I hope that they'll be able to take him down
Jul 16, 2021 1:47 PM
Feb 2021
How the fuck Gerard becomes Geordo?
Jul 16, 2021 1:47 PM

Mar 2020
This was a funny episode, Katarina being so oblivious and forgetful that she's getting kidnapped is hilarious.

The conversation between Alan and Mary is interesting, they both admit that they love Katarina but are willing to stay with each other if they can't get her to return their feelings. Katarina really has a bisexual harem, what a legend. Also I'm at least 90% sure that Lana will also join Katarina's harem real soon.

Rufus is a dick but I'm curious what his reason to pull this shit is, because Selena is obviously a pawn in his plan instead of him being a pawn for her. Pretty sure he is a love target though, or has the potential to become one.

Looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 16, 2021 2:05 PM
Aug 2020
Aight, it took 3 episodes, but this series is back to the expected greatness. I might put this on hold and binge the rest once all episodes are out, looks like the plot is gonna kick into high gear from now on!

EDIT: Also, gee, a guy voiced by Dio turns out to be shady, who would have thought!
Storm1988Jul 16, 2021 2:08 PM
Jul 16, 2021 2:09 PM

May 2018
so Bakarina got captured... and enjoys the sweets lmao. that butler guy looks like bad news though
Jul 16, 2021 2:13 PM
Jun 2021
Plot wise the episode seemed great. It was the usual comedy and little bit of serious vibes here and there. I must say I liked this episode quite a lot. 1st ep was absolutely great, 2nd was just fine and 3rd great. The only thing that's missing is really that the name of this show just don't match with what's going on as of now. Apart from the lack of an overarching theme,I'd say it's going fine.
Jul 16, 2021 2:25 PM

Apr 2015
Surprised to see that Mary and Alan were honest towards each other, but I love the fact they both don't know they are talking about the very same person.

Yeah the butler of Selena is some bad news alright, feel sorry for the girl. Does this butler want to have the throne to himself? To have both Selena and Catarina disappear with their fiancé..
Jul 16, 2021 2:53 PM

Nov 2013
The question is... for HOW LONG will the butler resist Bakarina's gravitational pull?
Jul 16, 2021 3:18 PM

Jun 2021
I wasn't too crazy about S1 so I had mix feelings going into S2, but I think this will be the last episode I'll watch.

The scene between Alan and Mary was nice, but I wish it wasn't done as a flashback. I feel like that was an important scene that they could have spent more time with. Other than that, I just don't find the story to be that interesting and the plot is pretty predictable.

Jul 16, 2021 3:24 PM

Jul 2014
I think I'm going to have to drop this second season, as it's just not working for me at all. The style of comedy hasn't changed at all, yet it's no longer vibing with me in any way. Besides that, there is still no justification whatsoever for why the story is continuing, and that just makes all these stakeless events even more tedious than they already are: any stakes and humour that this kidnapping could have led to were instantly erased by how Katarina was explicitly told in detail that she was in no danger whatsoever from the start.

To be perfectly blunt, this second season does not need to exist and I cannot recommend it to anyone who was satisfied with season 1 as an ending point. It's truly a shame that it's ended this way for me, as I did very much enjoy Katarina and co's antics in season 1.
Jul 16, 2021 3:42 PM

Jul 2016
If Selena doesn't fall for Katarina after that speech, I would be quite surprised.
Jul 16, 2021 4:14 PM

Dec 2013
Poor Selena, she is an angel.
Jul 16, 2021 4:41 PM
Aug 2020
Atavistic said:
I think I'm going to have to drop this second season, as it's just not working for me at all. The style of comedy hasn't changed at all, yet it's no longer vibing with me in any way. Besides that, there is still no justification whatsoever for why the story is continuing, and that just makes all these stakeless events even more tedious than they already are: any stakes and humour that this kidnapping could have led to were instantly erased by how Katarina was explicitly told in detail that she was in no danger whatsoever from the start.

To be perfectly blunt, this second season does not need to exist and I cannot recommend it to anyone who was satisfied with season 1 as an ending point. It's truly a shame that it's ended this way for me, as I did very much enjoy Katarina and co's antics in season 1.

This is what happens when the author literally gets pushed by the fans to write more, even though they wrote a perfect ending point for the story.
Jul 16, 2021 4:48 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
This episode was so boring that it put me to sleep not once, not twice, but three times. You can tell the creator is grasping at straws trying to make this interesting, but its not working for me. All the tension of Bakarina's kidnapping got sucked out of the window thanks to her antics and Geordo still hasn't found out who the culprit is. I'm going to give this show one more chance and if it fails to entertain me then I'm going to drop it.
Jul 16, 2021 5:14 PM

Jul 2019
A good episode overall. As usual, Katarina is this typical happy go lucky type of person. She still hasn't changed. The most interesting is that there's seems to be "risk" for Katarina as the anime title suggest.

Ngl, the cast is just as mediocre as Katarina.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jul 16, 2021 6:27 PM
Jul 2018
Katarina's kidnapping is already something unexpected as will she escape the dark magic once again.
Jul 16, 2021 8:59 PM

Jan 2013
+1 to harem xD
This is officially the most chill kidnapping, i do wonder how Katarina will randomly escape lmao

On the other hand, Katarina's "unaware" personality was really bad in this episode...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 16, 2021 9:12 PM

Jul 2012
Yeah, I guess I'll be dropping this.
The first couple of episodes of S1 were really good and hooked me instantly... After that it started to lose steam and it became stale. And this second season is no improvement.
With the premise completed in S1, I don't see the point of continuing the story, the title doesn't even match the show anymore. And if I was already bored with it, without the original premise and the fact that I don't find any of the characters interesting in the least... There's no point in keep trying with this one.
Jul 16, 2021 11:53 PM

Dec 2020
not a fan of the ass conflict drama we're in rn but whatever the butler's hot ill take it
Jul 17, 2021 12:41 AM
Oct 2020
Lol did anyone get the black butler reference. When the butler was pouring her drink and She called him Sebastian.
Jul 17, 2021 2:24 AM
Jan 2021
I totally not expecting them to revealing the antagonist for this 2nd season this early though ngl
Because on the last season, the antagonist got revealed on like the last 3 or 4 eps left remaining
Unless if somehow they were gonna put like...idk, the true mastermind or something like that. I feel like rufus is the main antagonist for this season

Yes i'm fully aware that it is way too early to judged it off like this. But we'll see how it goes from here
They might put a plot twist on it. Idk
Jul 17, 2021 3:24 AM

Jan 2015
lmao at Bakarina calling him Sebastian, it was hilarious. "he looks like a Sebastian to me".
Jul 17, 2021 5:55 AM

Oct 2016
Pretty good episode! Absolutely based Katarina forgetting she was kidnapped lmao. Besides Maria, Mary and Alan are definitely my favorites in Katarina's harem and this episode solidified that.

Feel bad for Selena but, roses are red violets are blue Selena is now part of Katarina's harem. Selena was most likely just brainwashed or manipulated into kidnapping Katarina, Rufus probably works for Jeffrey is my guess, so he can get the throne all to himself.
Jul 17, 2021 6:21 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
After being a villain, Bakarina finally found herself as the real heroine to be considered, kidnapped for an unexpected reason. The twist at the end also really a nice addition, really confusing me. For those who bark where's the plot, where's the plot, there, you all got what you want. I wonder if his reason really hold some same meaning like Raphael did last season, considering the ed part. Well, lets see how its goes....

Shall i mention Mary-Alan hilarious talk loving the same person but still hold the engagement for that 'reason'? Bakarina being a usual glutton Bakarina? Or Selena kid that actually cute af? That Lana acting sus af? Well, too bad there's no op this time, which may holding the meaning, here we got some story for yah....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 17, 2021 9:29 AM

Jun 2016
Even whilst kidnapped, Katarina has a knack for making and forming bonds with people, alongside mass eating and marathoning romantic novels. Almost makes you think she hasn't been kidnapped.

All her friends are worried about her, and I'm sitting here thinking this is quite boring. Last ep, I said this would be a minor problem, and in a sense, this ep did confirm that. Next ep tho something interesting might happen.

Jul 18, 2021 11:52 AM

Mar 2010
Lol more like swept away to safety but now shit has hit da fan.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 18, 2021 12:22 PM
Nov 2019
Catarina being kidnapped but having such a good time she forgot is hilariously in character. I did have a feeling Geordo's sibling was behind it and that it wasn't all his fiancé and the end looks like it might go in that direction. The scene with Mary and Alan was interesting. Why do I get the feeling they'll end up together anyway?
Jul 18, 2021 4:28 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
It’s a shame to hear some people aren’t into this season, but I’m still really enjoying it. More Katarina hilarity has ensued, turning her own kidnapping into a real good time lol, and even adding Selena to her harem. I really liked that one on one scene they had together. I’m interested in Rufus as a villain, excited to see where it goes next week.
Jul 18, 2021 10:17 PM

Jan 2021
In the previous episode I had said this
hanakocheeks said:
I just realized in the OP there is a new male character who seems to be falling in love with Katarina later.

and the person has appeared now.

Is he a bad person? Or does he work for Jeffrey? We still don't know what his purpose is, let's see.

Ah~ I love the moment when Mary and Alan are being honest with each other... even though it was funny because they don't know they're talking about the same person.

Jul 18, 2021 11:31 PM
May 2019
Good episode but I'm gonna bring it up every time the show does. I really wish they would stop having everyone in the (Friend Group) want to date Katrina it's getting annoying. That being said I found this episode to be pretty good.
Jul 19, 2021 6:48 AM

Oct 2017
Lmao Katarina was so comfortable living there that she forgot she was kidnapped. That's so like her. This episode ended on a serious note thou. I wonder if the first prince is disguised as that butler.
Jul 19, 2021 8:12 AM

Jun 2020
More Alan screentime is always a good thing♡

Geordo would give up his throne over & over for Catarina. Swoon!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jul 19, 2021 9:54 AM

Apr 2010
On what days are new episodes for this one? I have just caught up with season 1 plus 34 Chapters of manga.
Forever hold this heart that I will give to you
Forever I will live for you
Jul 19, 2021 11:48 PM

Feb 2014
In terms of kidnappings, this is definitely one of the most chill and laid-back ones I've seen in anime. Just give Catarina some sweets and romance novels and she'll be fine almost anywhere! XD

It's good that Catarina's charm and persuasion was enough to convince Selena, as she did feel very guilty for having Catarina kidnapped in the first place. However, the butler has other ideas and intervened. Even if Raphael did say that Catarina will be fine, I'm not so sure about that now.

I can understand why some users can't get into this season as the first season felt somewhat complete as it is and that continuations like this one can be rather hard to pull off successfully, but so far, I think this second season as done a good job about it. Hopefully it'll stay that way for the remaining 9 episodes. =P
Jul 20, 2021 9:05 AM

Apr 2010
Can' t believe she forgot she was kidnapped XD Looks interesting.

Jul 20, 2021 9:30 AM

Oct 2016
Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle, basically.
Jul 20, 2021 9:14 PM

Mar 2010
I really don't understand everyone liking her kek. Guess i don't understand any harem anime.. This episode felt pretty long.
StardewJul 20, 2021 9:18 PM
Jul 21, 2021 4:37 AM

Aug 2018
motherfuckers that are evil for the sake of being evil

Jul 21, 2021 6:29 AM

Aug 2014
A character that doesn't fall in love with Catarina?! That's new.
Maria really is the worst character in the anime, isn't she?

tbf, this season has been slow but at least we finally get a decent episode. The drama feels forced but I guess we should wait to see how it wraps up.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jul 21, 2021 9:18 PM

Jan 2021
Is it me, or is this anime getting worse. The comedy doesn’t really hit too well.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Jul 24, 2021 9:10 PM

Aug 2019
Things are getting interesting, a lot more seems to be behind this kidnapping then simply capturing Katarina and using her as ransom for the throne. This butler is definitely more then meets the eye, and who ever is planning this seems to know what they are doing.

The gang out here trying to solve this seemingly impossibly kidnapping case with 0 leads, while Katarina eats another bakery away and living her best life. Gotta hand it to her here, she's making the most out of her situation.

Katarina doubling down her skill points on charisma on her imaginary skill tree really has paid off, she's very good with her words and swaying people but gosh, could of spared a few more points on intelligence xD her monologue reactions during Selena's emotional talk about her love life was truly a certified bakarina moment.
Jul 25, 2021 8:39 AM

Dec 2008
Boring plot in this episode, I hope this will move to some other action soon.
Jul 26, 2021 11:24 PM

Jul 2021
Mary really is fun to watch and I just can't get enough of Katarina's denseness.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... X Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2021

76 by Shocked »»
Apr 22, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... X Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2021

86 by Shocked »»
Apr 22, 5:47 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... X Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2021

106 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... X Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2021

85 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 6, 12:49 AM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... X Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2021

75 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 6, 12:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.