Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2021 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah yes, Joe has been looking forward to his match against Mack. All those history also came rushing back to him after all these years.

On Mack's side, he's also been going through some rough times and with his family. Life can hit hit where you least expected...
Jun 13, 2021 8:26 AM

Jun 2019
Man... that president bastard is really getting on my nerves at this point. He doesn't give a shit about anyone's life and family. He's literally playing with people's lives here and all he cares about is his profit of the company. How pathetic can you be to destroy someone's life like that? Mac and his family are literally his test subjects to be thrown away at the end and move on to the new ones when the time comes.

Joe and the Team nowhere are back and running and this time Joe said there'll be no secrets between them and for this last fight with Mac, he's going to wear Chief's gear to honor his kid and his legacy which was really admirable. Yuri is back as well and is going to train him for the fight.

Mac finally found out what's wrong with him and how he's behaving all this time. It can really be dangerous for him and his family nearby. But, confronting the president didn't help him in the least, all he could do was listen to what the president had to say because he saved his kid's life. I'm worried about him with what's gonna happen in the upcoming last couple of episodes.
Jun 13, 2021 8:27 AM

Jul 2017
The consolation with Chief mentioning' that Joe will one day go back to the ring, and the true reason why Joe has suppressed himself to painkillers for drugs from the after-effects of boxing.

To see Joe recover as well as the grown-up kids supporting him with the renovation of Team Nowhere's gym, all is coming well. Everything is looking as if it's back to the old days with Nanbu, just with the timeskip and without Nanbu around, and the existential sharing of his Nomad journey within these 7 years to everyone involved, coming clean of his tainted past. Working with everyone is Joe's last wish for the impending match against Mac with Chief's Gear, the one last hurrah of the "Gearless" legend.

The same could not be said however about Mac, which Yukiko's assistant broke the news to his wife Maya and child Miguel. Of course, Sakuma has to be jogged on stage to make a fine impression on the sponsors behind the BES project.

Nevertheless, the set-up match between Joe and Mac is on, and Sakuma is prepared to sacrifice the guinea pig Mac for his gain no matter what, the BES chip implanted within Mac...has already destroyed his family, and now his own humanity. Maya's proposition that ROSCO help with his recovery, but at the cost of their son's treatment.

It's a damning indictment that sees Mac confront Sakuma, but fame and recognition got too much of the liar's game, there's simply no turning back for the "fake" hero.

Would be interesting to see how the Nomad and Hummingbird story will apply to Joe and Mac, not just by the storybook terms. The match is set, and the Nomad will hum the Hummingbird's song.
Jun 13, 2021 8:40 AM
Oct 2016
Its officially official, Mac and Joe will have their match. I doubt things will go smoothly since Joe headaches are back and Sakuma has gone complete villain controlling Mac. Making his fight even though now Mac sees its a horrible idea after what the brain chip has made him become. The table talk that Joe had with everyone from team nowhere was sweet, resolving why he wants to fight Mac and getting everyone's blessing. Yuri coming to help Joe train for the match. I like that Joe will use Chief gear for the fight to carry his legacy. Sakuma cozying up with those military guys is bad news, after him basically shutting Mac down and saying that the chip will hit the open market soon, they'll have an unimaginable number of people to use as slaves. I hope that other doctor from the development team leaks the data to Shirato so Sakuma can be exposed. I suppose this fight will still happen but it won't be pretty.
Jun 13, 2021 8:49 AM
Sep 2015
They really pull out a high quality episode one after one, even if this episode doesn't have any fighting scene!

Even though this is a fictional world, characters feel so real it's almost as if they're alive.

And another real issue is the punch drunk syndrome, it's found mostly in combat sports, contact sports, and even in semi-contact sports. Unfortunately almost every popular sports fall into these categories. Even with the advancement in technology we can only detect the sign earlier, but not fully prevent it, let alone cure it.

Everyone knows the risk, including Joe and his company. And I can only hope that the blessing gear will protect him from the worst. But Mac situation is also severe, he's the nomad in the hummingbird part 2 story.
Jun 13, 2021 9:08 AM
Jun 2021
Probably one of the best episode for me so far. The revelation of Mac Time, Nowhere reunion and Yuri appearance definitely built up the hype. But what really important here is Joe willing to fight using Chief’s gear to honor him and his son, no longer bounded by any of the prestigious “Gearless Joe” showed how he has grown throughout his journeys. The next fight will definitely tough for both Joe and Mac, one with the headache from the remnant of his drugs, one being overload by the chip controlled by the POS. Definitely great episode overal
Jun 13, 2021 9:28 AM
Nov 2017
About the situation of Mac and the president, I just say, damn bard with 20 charisma, theoretically (considering real life) the president can't just take that poll out of the magazine, just make a smokescreen so fewer people see it than would be the Mac VS Joe fight

I'm scared of the fate of Mac and Joe, each one has a huge death flag that I don't know when it's going to explode
Jun 13, 2021 10:30 AM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
Jeez what an episode
I feel like one of the two (Mac or Joe) will die in this match. They may both die
Jun 13, 2021 10:43 AM

Apr 2019
Chris_Concept said:
Jeez what an episode
I feel like one of the two (Mac or Joe) will die in this match. They may both die

True, I can see that happening since the series is coming to a closure soon
Jun 13, 2021 11:07 AM

Jul 2015
they are hyping this last fight like hell!
also.. i'm glad that Joe decided to take on Nomad.. cuz he lost his Joe title in his fight with Liu.. and now Nomad wears a gear.. man.. this is hype!
Jun 13, 2021 11:15 AM

Jul 2011
For the most I love the main plot of Joe and boxing.
I'm too into the subplot of how Shirato will handle, and escape the sinking ship that is this partnership with Roscoe.

The Mac situation realization was more soft than I thought it would be. Like a teared book is lot more optimal than physical confrontation.
Jun 13, 2021 11:57 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Man, the atmosphere in the buildup. This show is sooo good!!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 13, 2021 3:37 PM

Jul 2015
Calling it now, Joe and Mac will both die.

Jun 13, 2021 4:13 PM

Mar 2013
Just came here to say Shirato looks so pretty...

Turns out Sakuma is no different than those top rated scums who operate deviously in business world. I thought he was more sensible guy when he was introduced, but I guess not.

I feel bad for Mac. Even after finding the truth, he has no choice but to keep on going. And it's easy to figure the match will be deathly for him. Same goes for Joe.

I wanted Joe to fight w/o gear and remain true to his legend, but, it seems the gear he got from chief fits well in the plot after all. Not bad.
Jun 13, 2021 5:18 PM

Sep 2020
The only prediction that I can make for the final episode is that the Rosco's president will get slammed to hell and back from all fronts.
He deserves that and even worse.
Jun 13, 2021 6:53 PM
Dec 2020
if it goes like Ashita no Joe, then Joe will probably gonna die in his final match. now the question is, will Mac die too or not?
Jun 13, 2021 8:44 PM

Feb 2018
If there was ever a boxing match that should not be happening, it's this Joe vs Mac one. It's a Greek tragedy waiting to happen in that ring.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Jun 13, 2021 8:46 PM

Aug 2016
I feel like I've said this before but this show is so underrated. The build-up for this last battle has been incredible and I hope these last two episodes will live up to that hype.

Great episode for such a great anime overall, I can't wait for next week!
Jun 13, 2021 9:10 PM

Jul 2016
MitchellMi said:
Calling it now, Joe and Mac will both die.

I thought this earlier on but am now ccan see just joe dying while Mac ends up back in a coma/vegetable state.
Jun 13, 2021 10:02 PM

Sep 2011
Thematically I think it fits better for Joe to live, but I feel like all signs are rushing towards him dying. Gonna be a stressful couple weeks.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 13, 2021 10:32 PM
Jul 2018
Joe decided to live for everyone and he officially returned their place. Bonds are strong.
I was thinking Sakuma has demonic plan. Actually it was right. Poor Mac. The "hero" for him isn't this.
Jun 14, 2021 3:38 AM

Oct 2008
oh nice! only Sachio is the one that not softening-up to Joe other like Oicho already softened-up! but as what Bonjiri said! not once but twice so if they lose Joe the kids lives will be a lot more miserable emotionally so that's why the kids are 50:50 on letting Joe fight.
5/5.

Jun 14, 2021 7:19 AM

Oct 2016
What a fantastic episode, especially the first half. Joe talking to everyone is such an amazing moment and Joe deciding to use Chief's gear almost made me cry man, that was so good.

Sakuma needs to get fucking mac timed, what a piece of shit. I hope his assistant will do the right thing and tell Shirato the inhumane shit Sakuma is doing. I really hope Joe doesn't die and I think that's better thematically for this season as well for him to live the rest of his life peacefully with the kids. I also don't want Mac to die though, I don't want him to leave his family behind. But either way, this season has been so amazing so far. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Jun 14, 2021 8:14 AM

Oct 2015
Man. This anime just keeps getting better and better. Loved that episode and was really sad to see it end. I hate having to wait a week for the next episode. My brother and i made the correlation to the fact of symbolism being shown how the story of the hummingbird is being shifted towards joe. I love the contrast in Macs story to joes as well. Seems things are going up for one person and down for the other. I really don't know what's going to happen next and i can't wait to find out next week.

Latest Blog: BLARE FEST 2023
Latest Review: Hyouka

Jun 14, 2021 1:12 PM
Jul 2019
I just came here to say that I cried like a baby when Joe was talking about Cheif and how he's going to fight with his gear. The Nomad will sing the hummingbird's song and I hope Mac gets some sort of redemption from ROSCO's chains.
Jun 14, 2021 1:25 PM

Jan 2009
Joe might die eh lets see i hope his gear that is a good luck charm of Chief can save him though

Oicho x Sachio it seems since Oicho is usually worried about him

lets see if Mac can survive too
Jun 14, 2021 7:34 PM
Mar 2015
The death flags are unfurled for both boxers and could take both of them when they fight
Jun 14, 2021 11:09 PM

Jul 2016
Damn. Joe's death flags couldn't be more notorious after this episode but this said, the way in how Chief's gear was re-introduced as a "lucky charm" might hint at a different fate for our protagonist. We'll see.

Overall and leaving the one-dimensional Sakuma aside, this was another pretty nice episode. Joe stopped being "Gearless" to become "Nomad", huh? Can't wait to see him honoring my man Chief next week.
SouthRzVaJun 14, 2021 11:12 PM
Jun 15, 2021 1:30 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Things are getting better for Joe, but it still looks like his condition is bad, I just hope he will be fine if he attempts the match.
And for the whole Mac drama it hurts, it's clear that he's condemned at this point, I just expect him to die at the end, sadly.
Jun 15, 2021 2:31 AM

Aug 2018
Joe, it's okay(THANKS). Although he has it a little complicated, but he is going to fight for the last time with everyone's support. LET'S GO!!!
Now, the one who is in a bad situation is Mac, poor guy. Let's see what he will do
Very good episode.
Jun 15, 2021 9:30 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So the stage is set for the Joe vs. Mac match although Joe would be entering the ring for the last time using Chief's gear. Mac continues to suffer from the effects of the BES system, but Sakuma doesn't care since he tricked Mac's wife into having her husband and son go through with the surgery. Sakuma is desperate to get that military contract for Rosco. I have a feeling that either Joe or Mac is going to die in the ring.

"Cuando te quitas la armadura que no te podías quitar, brotan las semillas de la miseria y de la dicha"/"When removing the armor that cannot be taken off, the seed of fortune and misfortune sprout"

Jun 15, 2021 10:13 AM
Apr 2019
idk what to feel anymore, if they both die or one of them dies it would still make a good story but the thing is, I don't want anyone to die. I cant handle it man, I dont think im ready for what is coming but I have to watch it. This is why I love megalobox its because i havent felt this way before for a long time now. I stopped watching anime for 2 years and came back just for this. Megalobox will always have a place in my heart.
Jun 15, 2021 7:09 PM
Nov 2020
So are the gears catered to each individual fighter? i.e. can Joe really use Chief's gear with no problem? Also, why does it seem like a death flag has risen and Joe will eventually "pull a Chief" on us? Hoping that won't happen...
Jun 16, 2021 8:53 AM

May 2016
Plain beautiful nothing more nothing less.
Jun 16, 2021 5:29 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Finally everyone gets closure, it was a much needed episode and honestly not only perfect timing in terms of pacing, but very satisfying and heartwarming. I like how Joe asks everyone to help him decide because he didn't want to make the decision on his own without telling them like last time. Bonjiri not wanting Joe to fight because Joe might die was realistic, it does hurt to think about that possibility. However, Joe wanting to use Chief's gear to fight as himself (and not as Gearless Joe, which is a team) was significant. Additionally, he's doing it because he wants to live and come back home, spending the rest of his life with everybody. I'm crying just thinking about it again.

As for Mac's side of the story...his anger is understandable, especially because he just found out about what Maya hid from from. However, I'm sure if he took a step back and really thought about it, he might actually agree with Maya, that saving their son Miguel was the right choice (even if it was at the cost of Mac having to rely on BES). Well, perhaps most of his anger is towards Sakuma, who took advantage of his family's situation so that he could use Mac as a guinea pig. It definitely would've been devastating to hear that he could've recovered through extensive physical therapy instead of having to rely on technology.
Jun 17, 2021 8:28 PM

Feb 2021
Changed my mind about the show 7/10
Jun 21, 2021 1:58 PM

Mar 2009
What a stellar episode.
Jun 21, 2021 8:25 PM

Apr 2015
"I'm getting the Band back together." - The Blues Brothers (1980)

Damn good show.
Jun 22, 2021 11:06 PM
Nov 2018
I haven’t been keeping up with this season’s shows, but man I’m glad that I’m watching this one. Feeling all sorts of emotions from this show, a feeing I haven’t felt since I first really started getting into anime. Fuck sakuma
Jun 25, 2021 12:02 AM
Jun 2020
What a good episode. I hope the casa town's people attend Joe's fight or Joe reunites with them in a later episode. Hopefully, ROSCO gets exposed!
Jun 25, 2021 5:40 PM

Apr 2020
At this point, Mac is set to carry on with the fight along with his flaws and his son crying, damn Sakuma is pushing too far with this BeS technology.

Team Nowhere has officially reunited, and you know what I'm not complaining as Joe would not be Gearless in his official last fight. I hope that this will be all worth it in the end.

And would the Shiratos & Mac's wife Maya be able to make critical moves as the fight draws near? You know we'll know in the next episode. Truly a remarkable arc so far with some few things that I'm uncomfortable with.
Jun 29, 2021 3:31 PM

Apr 2018
Joe's speech made my heart move. I'm glad that they're all back together on good terms. Joe will be fighting the ''Hero'' as his last battle. Kuzama or Sakuma or whatever his name is, is a bastard. Using humans as guinea pigs for his own experiments.. Hopefully we'll see him go to jail in the next 2 episodes.
Once again, they tell us a story about the hummingbird. I get it for a bit, but it's still a mystery.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 30, 2021 9:16 AM

Mar 2020
I haven't read or watched Ashita no Joe, but that last scene with Joe walking into the city actually felt like it was almost directly taken from this specific Ashita no Joe's picture:

Aug 15, 2021 6:11 AM

Feb 2018
Yuuri is helping with Joe's training and his family fully accepted him back. He's no longer Gearless Joe because now he's his family and Chief fighting along side :')
As for Mac, Maya did him dirty but then again she was afraid she would lose both her husband and her son so she took the chance.. Sakuma better pay!
Sep 6, 2021 3:00 PM

Jul 2015
Joe really has grown a lot seeing his speech on shedding away his 'gearless' title and using Chief's gear. I really hope neither Mac or Joe dies in the upcoming highstakes fight but I got the feeling they might follow what happened to Joe Yabuki in the end of Ashita no Joe (2).

Oct 4, 2021 12:36 PM

May 2018
Joe has finally come clean with everyone. I guess this will be the final match for both Joe and Mac.
Oct 4, 2021 12:37 PM

May 2018
raiderublaze said:
At this point, Mac is set to carry on with the fight along with his flaws and his son crying, damn Sakuma is pushing too far with this BeS technology.

Team Nowhere has officially reunited, and you know what I'm not complaining as Joe would not be Gearless in his official last fight. I hope that this will be all worth it in the end.

And would the Shiratos & Mac's wife Maya be able to make critical moves as the fight draws near? You know we'll know in the next episode. Truly a remarkable arc so far with some few things that I'm uncomfortable with.

Bes technology more like BS technology amirite
Nov 8, 2021 8:15 AM

Feb 2021
Team Nowhere is officially back together bois. Their team reunion was just satisfying and wholesome.

On the other hand, Mac's condition is deteriorating rapidly and he finally gets it. That bs tech is hella harmful for him. Seriously Sakuma is such a deplorable asshole. I just can't stand him.

Feb 15, 2022 1:40 AM

Jun 2020
The first part was so wholesome but since this is megalo box i guess the second half had to be like that... wow. I have an uneasy feeling that the both of them aren't going to make it out of this match.

Rewatch Edit: Wow I never realized how big these death flags actually were. Well I guess I did in my old post lol. The final battle is truly fitting: Someone who rose to the top without technology, and someone who rose to the top with technology that was faulty the entire time.
DumbAug 28, 2023 7:24 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nomad: Megalo Box 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2021

126 by Belsel »»
Apr 17, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Nomad: Megalo Box 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2021

116 by Meritas »»
Mar 22, 3:21 AM

» Where is Sachio going exactly?

fitSuhaimi - Jun 30, 2021

3 by Ultraobsolete »»
Sep 25, 2023 10:16 PM

Poll: » Nomad: Megalo Box 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2021

154 by Ultraobsolete »»
Sep 25, 2023 10:15 PM

Poll: » Nomad: Megalo Box 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2021

63 by Dumb »»
Aug 28, 2023 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.