Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 16, 2021 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
William's clever mind has no bounds in this show. Glad to see more of his work in this episode with that contract.

Regardless what age he is, William's analytical ability is very impressive. The way he played around in that courtroom was like his own playground.
May 16, 2021 7:23 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Incredible backstory, that was one of the best trial I've ever seen, William Moriarty was so clever but extremely creepy at the same time... he really forced this dude to admit everything and took all his fortune, and yeah it seems like the situation is so tense that they have to kill Milverton
May 16, 2021 7:28 AM

Jun 2019
William at his age was such a responsible kid. Thinking not about himself and his brothers but the whole orphanage. Baxter, on the other hand, a delinquent rich scum who's going around loafing off of other's money and in this case, even an orphanage.

It was such a pleasant feeling of seeing Baxter losing his shit in the court like that. William came prepared in the court. Every single question he prepared had a purpose behind it. Truly magnificent and to think at his age. He didn't give Baxter a chance at all. Apparently, he has to spill every single bean he was sprouting on the basis of his lies.
May 16, 2021 7:28 AM

Jul 2017
William James Moriarty has one more hidden enemy: Charles Augustus Milverton. But that story can be left said going forward.

For now, covering more of the Moriarty Family's backstory, William has displayed his mathematical genius and sly valour even from his young days, that's why you call William James Moriarty the "Lord of Crime".

The exchange with the orphanage that both William and Louis resided in with this aristocrat Lord Baxter con merchant, and the case of the un-returned money that has a hidden contract, it's more than just re-enacting one of the most notorious stageplays in history: William Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice, but delivering justice in the most simple, yet cunning of ways to get the court to side with him with the hidden evidence available.

A thriller mystery with justice served in the coldest of ways possible. Deal with the problem man that is Charles, all put on high guard to eliminate this eneny.
May 16, 2021 7:42 AM

Dec 2014
Epic episode, that was intense and absolutely brutal. William completely destroyed that crappy merchant with a cunning plan.

The ties in to Merchant of Venice was really nice and the way William just nonchalantly asks for the flesh was crazy.

Charles seems to have put two and two together to figure out William's true identity, very curious how things are going to play out between the two of them right now.
May 16, 2021 8:18 AM

Aug 2020
Lousy excuses like that won't do it when it comes to William.
May 16, 2021 8:23 AM

Jan 2014
Even though, I know/are used to his methods, and how he handles is business, but damn. Brutal stuff.
May 16, 2021 8:25 AM
Dec 2020
Damn boi, our cunning blondie fucked that scum up.
May 16, 2021 8:41 AM

Feb 2019
Another amazing episode. We already knew, but even as a child William was a demon. The look on Lord Baxter’s eyes when he knew he fucked up with the contract was so satisfying. No sympathy from me after he tried scamming an orphanage for kids who already have nothing. Deserved every bit of emotional and financial trouble he got.

Now we’ve finally got the big conflict set up. Milverton and Moriarty both know that they’re each other’s enemies. Now, time to do something about it.
May 16, 2021 8:41 AM

Jun 2020
Loved the reference to Merchant of Venice. William is so dope. This was a great episode, it’s in true Yuukoku no Moriarty fashion. No frills, no excessive action, just pure William brilliance.

I do miss Sherly, tho. We haven’t been seeing much of him.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

May 16, 2021 8:46 AM

Sep 2019
So that's how they became rich again. William destroyed that dude's whole life. Seeing William's red eyes like that was great.
May 16, 2021 9:07 AM

Jun 2014
Even as a kid, William was such a cunning brilliant mastermind. Milverton is declaring William as his enemy, so I can't wait to see how the Moriarty group plans to counter him.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 16, 2021 9:21 AM

Nov 2016
Baxter was just pathetic.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 16, 2021 9:22 AM
Feb 2020
THIS EPISODE WAS SO GOODD!!! I love seeing their young selves be badasses

May 16, 2021 9:29 AM

Aug 2018
Today's Ace Attorney episode is great as usual
May 16, 2021 10:16 AM

Mar 2020
Finally a good episode, seems like the story from when they were children is more interesting to me than the main plot.
DONDAKE!!
May 16, 2021 10:23 AM

Mar 2013
Didn't think the judge would allow a child to cut pieces of flesh from the other guy in the middle of the courtroom but I guess things worked differently back then.

It's surprising the man didn't even try to defend himself from the knife. I love that the Merchant of Venice story that was incorporated.

I wonder why Milverton counts Moriarty as his enemy. This is interesting.
May 16, 2021 10:49 AM

Apr 2015
Probably my favorite episode this season. I wasn't too invested in the previous episodes, but the court trial was so damn entertaining to watch. Moriarty is just too much of a genius even at such a young age. Love the Shakespeare references as well. But would the judge and defense attorney really have allowed Moriarty to cut the noble's flesh in the middle of a courtroom? Lol. Anyways, looks like it's going to be a James William Moriarty vs. Charles Augustus Milverton showdown in the upcoming episodes. Seems like Moriarty already has a plan given he doesn't care too much about hiding his past (who are we kidding, he always has a plan), looking forward to it!

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
May 16, 2021 11:44 AM

Dec 2015
I guess it is normal to carry weapons inside court.
May 16, 2021 11:58 AM

Jun 2019
The flashbacks to kid Moriarty are my least favorite parts of this series. They aren’t bad, but they always feel somewhat pointless because of how long they take. The pound of flesh trial was entertaining, it’s just that I don’t feel it was really necessary to take up an entire episode for something that likely won’t have much significance in the long run.
May 16, 2021 2:49 PM
Jul 2018
Seeing William's past events are a sight to behold. I love how complex everything is in this episode, to be expected from a show that focuses on detective and mistery genres, but this show just does it the best imo. I'm eagerly waiting for every action William is going to take and he never disappoints.

--To those who keep asking themselves why William was able to bring a knife to the court, or why can he cut a nobles flesh in front of everyones eyes.
James Moriarty was born in 1835 and died in 1891, I think that we can all agree that rules and punishments were quite different than what we have now.
Punishments like this, cruel and unusual, started in the Early Modern Era 1450AD-1720 AD. So it's not quite a shock that this punishment mentioned in the episode could have happened. There were others just as worse. Just not that many in the 18th century though.
May 16, 2021 3:05 PM

Jul 2014
Now this was a return to the Moriarty I enjoy, a look into their pasts and one of their acts of punishment against a haughty noble. It's impressive seeing their intelligence on full display to capitalise on that term in Baxter's contract, even as young children. The question is whether this will have much relevance to events gonig forward, but it's nice to see more of their pasts nonetheless.
May 16, 2021 3:06 PM
May 2020
I like this show, I just wish that they had the guts to show older characters for the protagonist and the antagonist. It seems that Japan is age discriminatory. And older people aren't sexy.

But story wise this rocks.
May 16, 2021 3:16 PM

Apr 2018
Damn what a good backstory I really liked how that trial was handle by the boys.
May 16, 2021 5:24 PM

Sep 2017
Seemingly random flashback but it was tied together at the end. Still tho it's always good shit to see William destroy some nobles.
May 16, 2021 6:09 PM

Oct 2008
oh no...lost like an intelligent foe Milverton, Charles Augustus is also in brink of being assassinated! i wonder how it plays-out!
5/5.

May 16, 2021 6:32 PM
Jul 2018
It had been a long time since I had been showing something about William Moriarty Itself was really cool of how Doing your own thing is your way of acting it became something interesting to this man who wanted to win Moriarty.
I really liked some arguments and dialogue like the one at the end of the episode that was really well written somehow became interesting, but overall it was a good episode.
May 16, 2021 7:46 PM

Mar 2016
When Irene is absent, the story can still be interesting, I guess. This was my favourite episode this season.

The part about cutting the flesh in court was weird. Would the judge allow that? And, don't they have police there?

When I'd read the part about Milverton in the original books, I had thought how one of the scenes seemed like William Moriarty was behind it. I hope they don't change too much of the book details because the characters (not Irene) fit into this story perfectly.

I've only seen two adaptations of Irene, and hated both. She was fun in the book because she was like any other woman, but then she unexpectedly ends up fooling Sherlock before vanishing.
May 16, 2021 10:09 PM

Oct 2017
Quite amusing backstory but it felt pretty fillerish. Oh well back to mainstory and Moriarty gonna eliminate the foe.
May 16, 2021 10:55 PM
Dec 2019
Felt pretty bullshit at first not gonna lie, but hey laws were different back then. Hope Milverton puts up a good fight, we havent seen Will completely stumped yet so thatd be nice
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
May 17, 2021 12:19 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
As expected from the beginning, the full backstory of William, unmistakably coming from Milverton investigation through the court document record. Unfortunately for his poor soul, its just well intentionally by the lord of the crime, to lure him out. Sasuga, the true god, William, straight call the order to eliminate him. Now, we kinda expect the battle within them. But, surely William shall be reach the victory, considering all of his damn men, just too stronk. In any case, its still be interesting to see how Milverton played the things out with William.

Damn, his barrister really useless, can't defend Baxter until the last breath. What a waste of money to him, or not? Then the Barrister shall be shame for himself for not doing the job perfectly. Joke aside, if only Baxter used his brain more, and never underestimate a kind like those both, the story will never happened xd.

That's it all from me.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 17, 2021 1:40 AM
Jul 2018
Nice. William is so clever since childhood. The trial scene makes me scary in various ways.
This series is more and more interesting. Never bored.
May 17, 2021 5:45 AM
Jan 2021
Me in High school read 'Merchant Of Venice' but
never expected that that the pound of flesh can be so exquisite.

Now I am expecting this line
'All hail Moriarty'
May 17, 2021 6:06 AM

Oct 2016
Fantastic episode! It's been a while since we've gotten a full episode focusing only on William. That noble got what he fucking deserved, the trial was amazing. Even as a kid, William was always one step ahead, slapped that Noble's meat. And then they donated the money to the orphanage. As I said earlier, William is always one step ahead, you have been marked Milverton. Looking forward to the next episode.
May 17, 2021 6:33 AM

Dec 2020
no wonder he's the mastermind he is right now. he went to court at that young of an age and won it too
May 17, 2021 1:21 PM

Jan 2015
Great episode. Was this a filler though?
May 18, 2021 3:42 AM

Jul 2016
Karsaaa said:
Damn what a good backstory I really liked how that trial was handle by the boys.

Was quite interesting though highly unlikely thsat a street urchin is even allowed in court, let alone let to win.
May 19, 2021 1:20 PM

Mar 2017
It's really satisfying when some piece of shit tries to fuck over the Moriarty brothers just because they're poor children and then so completely be outsmarted and outmaneuvered in the darkest and most twisted way possible!

Looks like Milverton's coming for the Moriarty brothers. This is gonna be interesting because both groups are highly intelligent and they'll both do evil things to see their goals achieved but I fully believe that the brothers will make Milverton wish he'd never messed with them!
May 20, 2021 1:34 PM

May 2018
Whoa ho ho, even as kids them Moriarty Brothers were already kicking some rich noble's ass,,,,,,,
May 29, 2021 6:38 PM

Mar 2009
This really is one of the most silly and over-the-top anime ever created. What the hell was that court scene? Lmao.
Jun 1, 2021 8:37 AM

Dec 2016
Now, this episode makes me question too that “Just how can a kid be this intelligent?”

I didn't quite understand the blood weight of steak thing and was really weirded out by the fact that they were even allowing an “almost murder” at the court by a kid at that but whatever James said to corner that Baxter was amazing.
Jun 17, 2021 1:19 AM

Mar 2010
Kids are pretty scary since young
Jun 22, 2021 9:34 AM

May 2016
Kinda felt weird aiming a knife to his throat while it asked for one pound of flesh.

Though I'm sure that scum couldn't have stand cutting of one pound of his flesh.
Jun 28, 2021 9:10 PM
Dec 2020
This episode was great seeing you will in action was extraordinary. I love episodes like this. When will said to take him out I got chills this Dude is up their with most badass characters and villains dude give this man so respect😂🔥❤️👍🏻.
Jun 29, 2021 2:20 PM

Dec 2008
Honestly, if somebody comes to the orphanage you run and asks you to give them money so they can build another orphanage *and* you still give them that money, maybe you kinda deserved to get scammed
wtf was that setup

"If I can't return money, then I will offer myself in exchange"
Why the fuck would she need you when she'd have literal starving children to care for

The fact that she actually gave him the donated money instead of being like, "yeah I have a better idea, why don't we just make *my* orphanage bigger" just pisses me off more

At least Liam taught him a lesson well
Jul 5, 2021 5:01 PM

Apr 2018
Backstories of the Brothers Moriarty is always interesting and fun to watch. He completely won the Lord over, he does indeed leave adults speechless.. What a chad :D
This story was told by a certain weird and mysterious person, which calls William his enemy. Will he be the ''endboss?"'

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 5, 2021 5:13 PM

Jan 2021
I have to admit Young William gives me nightmares.
I can see why that guy was terrified.
Mar 25, 2022 10:06 AM

Apr 2016
Back to Moriarty campiness, how about you let this kid cut you? Is just a little knife and is part of the contract! Yet I felt the episode a bit dull but when Fred told them the very important news in the room with their favorite scarlet light they got my interest again.
Mar 31, 2022 10:46 PM

Feb 2014
man i love characters like william moriarty who are just extremely intelligent, cunning, and manipulative... young william is even more so daunting, dare i say it gives me killua vibes with how brutal he was. i love it lol
Aug 2, 2022 10:12 AM

Jul 2015
Hilarious on how hellbent Moriarty acted in court on cutting that one-pound flesh from that scamming bastard Baxter just to get him to pay back.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2021

168 by Alesa_ »»
Mar 9, 9:16 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2021

57 by Alesa_ »»
Mar 9, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2021

75 by Alesa_ »»
Mar 9, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2021

46 by ReganDesu »»
Feb 7, 5:49 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2021

51 by ReganDesu »»
Feb 1, 6:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.