Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 13, 2021 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, this is like a mind game and Milverton is no joke. Milverton seems to always plan ahead of his opponents, including Sherlock himself.

Mary getting herself caught into all this drama isn't good for her either. Tbh, this turned into a far more complicated case than she could posssibly imagine.
Jun 13, 2021 7:24 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Milverton using that list to threaten Mary... I understand them, I hate the french government too.
The Moriarty and Sherlock confrontation against Milverton was so great, but damn Sherlock killing him I didn't expect that.
Now the case is resolved with Milverton's death (not RIP to him) but Sherlock has been arrested...
Jun 13, 2021 7:27 AM

Jul 2017
AT LONG LAST, The Two Criminals arc of the King of Blackmail Charles Augustus Milverton vs. the Lord of Crimes, William James Moriarty and even the famous Detective Sherlock Holmes himself.

Mary has been dutifully manipulated by Milverton, and the King of Blackmail himself drops by to Sherlock's residence to continue a case of the ongoing Treasure of Agra. This criminal, as much for first impressions, is a huge mountain of a threat to overcome. As much as Watson wants total revenge against Milverton, Sherlock has second thoughts, and the on-site evidence has proved that to be so.

Of course, what's a confrontation between just Milverton and Sherlock, without the inclusion of William, and then the Moriarty Brothers while being tied up with Milverton's hired henchmen. The three-way confrontation where only Milverton will come out as the victor from just blackmail alone, he surely didn't expect any rebuttal, and he got that by Sherlock's wit and valor to bring William to his side to bring down a nonsense jester evil.

Another case of Sherlock's servitude as the criminal who killed the King of Blackmail, and what a crime he did to bring down a necessary evil. For William, he faces the prospect of not just facing a detective, but a murderer at the same time.

What a great and suspenseful episode that has implications for both Detective and Criminal, but yet they don't care about others. With the 3rd party that is Milverton gone, both William and Sherlock can finally go head-to-head with each other.

Get ready for the final stretch!
Jun 13, 2021 7:29 AM

Jun 2019
Milverton finally confronted Sherlock and that's when he made the biggest mistake of his life. He may be the King of Blackmailers but Sherlock is always many steps ahead of someone. Sherlock along with Watson went to his villa in order to steal the proof that had Mary's name in it.

Later, he found out that he was not the only one after Milverton and finally met the Lord of the Crimes, Willaim Moriarty himself. Milverton thought the whole situation was in his hands but he soon figured out that he made a big mistake taking them lightly. Sherlock shot Milverton and got arrested for killing him.

But, now he knows who's behind all the crimes and he's definitely gonna go after William as he already declared that he'll capture him in his own way.
Jun 13, 2021 7:36 AM
Sep 2015
Did Sherlock put a fake gun that used to shoot Milverton on the table inside a burning house while he hands a real gun to the police? I hope Moriarty is not tricked by that, maybe he pretended to be tricked?
Jun 13, 2021 8:15 AM
May 2017
best episode of the series
Jun 13, 2021 8:32 AM

Aug 2018
I know I'm too late but I didn't realize this Milverton guy is the same as that one guy from the Sherlock series until they talked about inflating the mansion lol.
Despite there being many similarities such as the blackmailing and the full name obviously.

The next arc is the Final Problem, let's how it will turn out.
Jun 13, 2021 8:47 AM

May 2020
Wow, I wasn't expecting this episode to be the one where Sherlock finds out who the Lord of Crime is, I wonder what will happen next episode. Do you think that Sherlock will try and capture William next episode or next season, if there is another season that is. I'm sad there's only 2 episodes left I've been loving this show, it's easily the best episode of the season. Let's just hope we get another season.
EmmuhzxJun 13, 2021 8:54 AM
Jun 13, 2021 8:50 AM

Feb 2019
“Catch me if you can Sherlock” holy fucking goosebumps. Sherlock and Moriarty finally face to face without the facades. By far the best episode of the series. I’m sad we only got two episodes left, a season 3 is inevitable. This show has been incredible.
Jun 13, 2021 8:54 AM

Jun 2016
Sherlock Holmes upending everyone's plan 😎 The man.
Gift by Mimurona

Jun 13, 2021 9:08 AM
Jul 2020
Jesus Christ, Sherlock and William finally meeting without the facades, I'd have thought that they'd both be more surprised but they were just staring at eachother while pointing their guns! And WOW. Sherlock killing Milverton was surprising, I was expecting William to be the one to kill him seeing as he is the "Lord of Crime" but damn, Sherlock? Sherlock saying he'd capture William in his own way makes me curious as he's in jail, the next 2 episodes may determine the fate of William and Sherlock, or we'll get another season, who knows?
Jun 13, 2021 9:18 AM
Nov 2020
Marinate1016 said:
“Catch me if you can Sherlock” holy fucking goosebumps. Sherlock and Moriarty finally face to face without the facades. By far the best episode of the series. I’m sad we only got two episodes left, a season 3 is inevitable. This show has been incredible.
Problem is if a s3 comes we need to wait years because when s2 ends we almost on the manga behind ans this is 3 or 4 chapters i think or they adapt all
Jun 13, 2021 9:19 AM

Feb 2019
assassini981200 said:
Marinate1016 said:
Problem is if a s3 comes we need to wait years because when s2 ends we almost on the manga behind ans this is 3 or 4 chapters i think or they adapt all

Damn that’s crazy, I thought it was much further.
Jun 13, 2021 9:20 AM
Nov 2020
Marinate1016 said:
assassini981200 said:

Damn that’s crazy, I thought it was much further.
no sadly not the manga is monthly this takes years if you want to know what comes after you need to read the original Sherlock holmes novel
Jun 13, 2021 9:34 AM

Jun 2014
That standoff between our 3 powerhouses was tense, but thankfully it ended with that piece of shit Milverton getting what he deserved, good riddance. Unfortunately it resulted in Sherlock being arrested though. And it looks like Sherlock's actions have made William realize that Sherlock may now be out for his blood as well. I'm excited to see what's in store for us with these last 2 episodes.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 13, 2021 9:59 AM

Nov 2016
Please don't tell me that it's actually over for Milverton. I mean build up and this little three-way standoff have been cool, but if it's that really it, then he was just mid as a character. Interesting development for Sherlock, tho and callback to the previous season.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 13, 2021 10:19 AM
Nov 2020
FMmatron said:
Please don't tell me that it's actually over for Milverton. I mean build up and this little three-way standoff have been cool, but if it's that really it, then he was just mid as a character. Interesting development for Sherlock, tho and callback to the previous season.
milverton is death : D
Jun 13, 2021 11:15 AM

Aug 2020
Atleast Milverton is dead, but with Sherlock killing him and finding out William is really The Lord of Crime the situation seems worse than it was before.
Jun 13, 2021 11:39 AM

Apr 2015
Great episode, definitely my favorite one of the season. I didn't expect Moriarty to face Sherlock as the Lord of Crime so suddenly. Everything comes to a head with the three-way stand-off among Sherlock, Moriarty, and Milverton. It was pretty tense. Milverton's plan failed mainly because he didn't account for how Sherlock and Moriarty knew each other already. And Sherlock surprisingly shot Milverton without any hesitation (unlike the first season), because he wanted to show Moriarty that not everything would go the way he wants it to. Good stuff. The "Catch me if you can, Sherlock" phrase always gives me goosebumps. Two episodes left! Next episode is a Moriarty-centered one, should be good.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Jun 13, 2021 11:44 AM

Jul 2015
holy shit.. Sherlock actually killed someone.. or did he? well.. i'm not so sure anymore.. but i'm more inclined to believe that he didn't..
also.. i was NOT expecting for Sherlock and James to meet so early.. or yet.. but boi.. was their reunion a hype!
Jun 13, 2021 12:10 PM

Jun 2020
Omg. Is this not the best episode of Yuukoku no Moriarty!!!!!!! When Sherly & Milverton were referring to the man in the dark I half-expected it to be someone else or at least not William himself. Man my jaw dropped!!!! It’s almost as if it were the first time they’ve met, which in a sense, it is.

And Sherly killing Milverton what the fuck??????

Goodbye Milverton, Nojima Kenji you were amazing.

Just 2 more episodes to go. I’m going to miss my bishies.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jun 13, 2021 12:43 PM
Oct 2015
This episode really turns into serious and surprised way. Milverton brings Sherlock and William in one room to make such big news for king of criminal. But, he got wrong perception about them then he end up being killed.
Sherlock execution is more plot twist to me. He decide to kill person fr to save his friend's fiance and no doubt will catch William no mather he is Hero by doing criminal in the future. Finally, Sherlock finds out who is the criminal king and releases as William's pioneer.
This's what I am waiting for until this episode.
Can't wait for what Sherlock going to do next.
Jun 13, 2021 12:48 PM

Oct 2016
Glad someone wiped that grin off Milverton's face.

Even better; Sherlock was the one who did it. The look on Milverton's face, when he realized it was game over for him, was priceless.

In your face, you scum.
Jun 13, 2021 12:56 PM

Mar 2016
As an episode of this anime, it was good. But, I did have problems with this episode as well.

I wish Sherlock deduced Moriarty's identity on his own instead of it having been revealed to him. I mean, he's the guy who deduces stuff! If you take deduction away from him, he's no longer recognisable.

When Sherlock was about to go to Milverton's mansion and John volunteered to go with him, I was quite excited since this episode was about to adapt that one story where Sherlock lets someone die. But, they changed the story so much. I don't mind changes if they make the story better, but this didn't make anything better.

When I'd read the original story, I remember thinking "Oh, I can see William being involved in this." But, this anime removed that scene!

It's weird to see a sniper fighting with somebody in a room. Why even bring a sniper when he will be useless anyway? At least have him fight outdoors so that we know he was there to snipe Milly!

I did like the scene where Moriarty came to the conclusion that Sherlock wouldn't mind killing him. That would explain why the Moriarty here would try to kill Sherlock. I can actually imagine the whole crew getting involved. (Except Irene. Why did the story keep her around!!)

Next episode will adapt my favourite chapter of the Sherlock Holmes stories. I really hope they don't screw that one up.
Jun 13, 2021 2:40 PM
Jan 2021
it's way too rushed
read the manga, even if not ahead of this point
Jun 13, 2021 3:50 PM

Feb 2017
wow! was not expecting the lord of crime to meet with sherlock face to face. also was definitely NOT expecting sherlock to kill milverton. this was a really good episode

placeholder text
Jun 13, 2021 5:41 PM

Apr 2007
Moriarty's words about Sherlock made for a nice cliffhanger. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this all ends!
Jun 13, 2021 6:33 PM
Jul 2018
milverton's infections are very clear in the episode with milverton's death something actually happened between Moriarty and Sherlock.
Jun 13, 2021 8:38 PM

Jul 2016
expired_0 said:
Atleast Milverton is dead, but with Sherlock killing him and finding out William is really The Lord of Crime the situation seems worse than it was before.

WIll be interesting to see how they end the season and how long (if ever) to a third season.
Jun 13, 2021 9:31 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well, that was absolutely not what i expect they did to confronted Milverton. Even Sherlock really did some irrational action: took Milverton down by his own hand. Its not only surprising Milverton, and then William, but to me too. The pacing also looked very unusually rushed. Time constraint again? Always be the one to blame, huh?

Anyway, thats it. The end of the Milverton saga. Everything burned into ashes. Milverton death miserably, deserved very well for his insane scheme. However, seriously, its not what i expect the plot to be around on these episode, with how fast its end. But, there it was. Milverton did such a wrong decision, never take an account about the possibility of Sherlock went rampage and done such a irrational action, for the sake of his dear friend matter, Watson. Its not him trapping them both. But its him trapping himself into the hell.

Fine conclusion, even though the process really tortured me much. But, its still fine to its finest....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 13, 2021 10:05 PM

Apr 2018
Damn, I never expected to come out like this. I also didnt suspect that Sherlock kill Milverton but he did.
Jun 13, 2021 10:28 PM
Jul 2018
Milverton's death is natural but I surprised Sherlock killed him. I feel sorry for Watson.
It was very thrilling and heavy episode overall. William's ambition became more dense.
Jun 13, 2021 11:38 PM
Dec 2019
“Catch me if you can Sherlock” I wonder why Sherlock turned himself in, prolly gonna get revealed soon. Great to see Milverton gone, he served his purpose pretty well. And Will is finally being challenged now so thats nice. Banger episode
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Jun 13, 2021 11:41 PM
Dec 2019
If these last episodes hit ill change my profile pic to a will one for a bit
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Jun 14, 2021 12:28 AM
Apr 2021
gotta say I had my reservations about milverton in the story. However they used him perfectly to illustrate the dichotomy of Sherlock and Moriarty. I like how this take of Sherlock shares a lot of similarities to the book, but differs in ways that are original while still respectful to the OG.
This episode has totally redeemed the show for me. I really didn't like how the focus was shifting away from Sherlock, away form the heart of the source material, and more towards this strange western pop culture hybrid. I still stand by the fact that the Dark Knight ripoff was dumb, and so was the Jack the Ripper plug (although that was mainly due to the execution). But when Moriarty the Patriot is being itself, it is pretty good.
Jun 14, 2021 2:03 AM
Jan 2013
FuMomo-kun said:
As an episode of this anime, it was good. But, I did have problems with this episode as well.

I wish Sherlock deduced Moriarty's identity on his own instead of it having been revealed to him. I mean, he's the guy who deduces stuff! If you take deduction away from him, he's no longer recognisable.

When Sherlock was about to go to Milverton's mansion and John volunteered to go with him, I was quite excited since this episode was about to adapt that one story where Sherlock lets someone die. But, they changed the story so much. I don't mind changes if they make the story better, but this didn't make anything better.

When I'd read the original story, I remember thinking "Oh, I can see William being involved in this." But, this anime removed that scene!

It's weird to see a sniper fighting with somebody in a room. Why even bring a sniper when he will be useless anyway? At least have him fight outdoors so that we know he was there to snipe Milly!

I did like the scene where Moriarty came to the conclusion that Sherlock wouldn't mind killing him. That would explain why the Moriarty here would try to kill Sherlock. I can actually imagine the whole crew getting involved. (Except Irene. Why did the story keep her around!!)

Next episode will adapt my favourite chapter of the Sherlock Holmes stories. I really hope they don't screw that one up.

I strongly suggest for you to read the manga. There were many chapters cut out so the pacing may seem fast/confusing.

tbxbbhJun 14, 2021 2:18 AM
Jun 14, 2021 2:48 AM

Dec 2020
MILVERTON'S DEADD🎉🎉🎉🎉
Jun 14, 2021 2:48 AM

Mar 2016
Tbxbbh04 said:
FuMomo-kun said:

I strongly suggest for you to read the manga. There were many chapters cut out so the pacing may seem fast/confusing.

I have seen some pages of the manga, and they were definitely better. I have also really wanted to try reading it for quite some time. But, because of the anime, I am scared to read it. Plus, James Bonde is still a character in the story for some reason. The best part about Irene was that she just disappears as quickly as she'd appeared, and ends up being a lot more mysterious and interesting as a result. Keeping her for too long takes what was interesting about her away from her.
Jun 14, 2021 2:57 AM

Oct 2008
damn! absolutely SOLID episode!
you've gone wrong this time Milverton, you really didn't expect that these two bright minds would be at the palm of your hands but it was the other way around!
you totally messed with the wrong people!! haha
5/5.

Jun 14, 2021 5:49 AM

Oct 2016
Damn, I thought two criminals were referring to William and Milverton, but it was actually referring to William and Sherlock, holy shit. Fantastic episode! Pretty satisfying to see that smug look wiped off the face of Milverton. Didn't fucking expect Sherlock to brutally kill the man though. The things Sherlock will do just so he isn't a pawn that will do what is expected of him.

That "catch me if you can" though, gave me fucking chills. Now we have reached the final problem. I really need to read the manga at some point, cause I know the anime skipped a lot of parts. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Jun 14, 2021 8:39 AM
Jul 2018
That was quite epic. I did expect Sherlock to finish Milverton off (just like Sherlock getting rid of Magnussen in the BBC version) but I didn't expect the whole Moriarty/Lord of Crime reveal.

Such a shame that the anime is currently way too close to the manga.
removed-userJun 14, 2021 9:22 AM
Jun 14, 2021 11:32 AM

Jul 2014
Finally, a good episode of Moriarty again after all this time, with Moriarty finally being found out by Sherlock and Sherlock defying Moriarty's plan by killing Milverton. Kind of curious what Sherlock is trying to accomplish here by turning himself in though, especially when he finally has knowledge of who the Lord of Crime is.
Jun 14, 2021 12:23 PM

Aug 2020
Vindicater said:
expired_0 said:

WIll be interesting to see how they end the season and how long (if ever) to a third season.
I'm really hoping for a third season
Jun 14, 2021 2:20 PM

Oct 2019
So wait, if I understood correctly, Holmes killed Milverton just to prove to Moriarty that he cannot predict or control his actions (i.e. that he has free will)? Come on, really? What kind of ridiculous motive is that? Sherlock should have let him jump from that cliff, I doubt he would have survived the fall. Either that or let Moriarty kill him.

In some other (live action) Sherlock I've watched Sherlock also killed Milverton but for very different reasons, and without having Moriarty beside him. He killed him ... "because there was no other way", since that Milverton was basically a human computer full with blackmail info on just about everyone (everything was in his head), and his dirt could have collapsed the country. I thought that motive was also ridiculous and dropped the show right after they let Sherlock get away with murder (with the intervention of his powerful brother, of course).

I am not saying that Milverton did not deserve to die. Of course he did. He is one of the most despicable characters I have ever encountered. My problem is with the manner he died. Why did this Sherlock kill him (execute him basically) without any hesitation? Was it really just to prove a point to Liam?
Jun 14, 2021 4:09 PM

Sep 2011
Best episode of the season but damn this really felt like it should have been the finale.
Jun 14, 2021 8:34 PM

Jun 2020
Ok so this episode just wento to 1% to 100% so fast. I really like this episode. Rip milverton. Its sad to see sherlock being arrested

Jun 14, 2021 9:34 PM
Mar 2015
So long Milverton You will not be missed
Jun 15, 2021 1:51 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
A bit of a twist in having Holmes doing it himself instead of having one of Milvertons victims doing it.

I missed Milverton saying "You fiend, you clever, clever fiend" It would have been nice to adapt that.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 15, 2021 4:31 AM

Jul 2016
Sharpedon said:
So wait, if I understood correctly, Holmes killed Milverton just to prove to Moriarty that he cannot predict or control his actions (i.e. that he has free will)? Come on, really? What kind of ridiculous motive is that? Sherlock should have let him jump from that cliff, I doubt he would have survived the fall. Either that or let Moriarty kill him.

In some other (live action) Sherlock I've watched Sherlock also killed Milverton but for very different reasons, and without having Moriarty beside him. He killed him ... "because there was no other way", since that Milverton was basically a human computer full with blackmail info on just about everyone (everything was in his head), and his dirt could have collapsed the country. I thought that motive was also ridiculous and dropped the show right after they let Sherlock get away with murder (with the intervention of his powerful brother, of course).

I am not saying that Milverton did not deserve to die. Of course he did. He is one of the most despicable characters I have ever encountered. My problem is with the manner he died. Why did this Sherlock kill him (execute him basically) without any hesitation? Was it really just to prove a point to Liam?

Holmes killed him because he knew Moriarty needed Holmes to be the hero of the people against his Lord of Crime.

Now Holmes is a murderer however and Moriartys plans are in the shitter.

Jun 15, 2021 7:17 AM
Jun 2021
Holmes suprised us real hard
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2021

168 by Alesa_ »»
Mar 9, 9:16 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2021

57 by Alesa_ »»
Mar 9, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2021

46 by ReganDesu »»
Feb 7, 5:49 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2021

51 by ReganDesu »»
Feb 1, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2021

79 by ReganDesu »»
Jan 30, 6:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.