Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 2, 2021 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, the infamous Jack the Ripper.

This turns out to be one of the most famous case (arcs) in history. The police looked like they were about to shit their pants. The amount of gunfire also went insane. Seriously, this arc looks like it took on a whole new level with Jack the Ripper in the picture.

Hope they do more high profile cases like this for more episodes.
May 2, 2021 7:24 AM

Jun 2019
Man... this was one crazy episode. It started intensely from the very beginning. Firstly, that was a great move from them to unite the two sides who were going to go against each other. Then, the way they planned everything out and its smooth execution especially the Gatlin gun break down was super cool.

Lastly, the mass execution from James and Louis of those prostitutes killing people was badass. They sure do learn from their master, Jack the Ripper. We also got to see Charles Augustus Milverton who is behind all this. Will be interesting to see when they'll face off.
May 2, 2021 7:26 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
A fake of the fake Jack the Ripper xD well that group got what they deserve with the stabbing + explosion, Moriarty's strategy was incredible, but the case isn't resolved, seems like there is another main antagonist behind this group, and Holmes is also aware of Moriarty's actions
May 2, 2021 7:26 AM

Jul 2017
Act 2 of the Phantom of Whitechapel, and just putting Jack the Ripper's name into this organized crime is just uncalled for. The rife between vigilantes and the Scottish Yard just can't be understated enough, and William's "Moriarty Brothers" plan is crucial in making that happen.

Jack almost lost his life to a Gatling gun, and Bonde and Moran did a sweep kick job on cutting it loose, just as brothers William and Louis cut the lives of the syndicate behind this incident in quick succession.

William has one more enemy to face now: Charles Augustus Milverton, and Sherlock leads with an inopportune truth whilst knowing that William is the mastermind behind it all.

Certainly a well-known high profile case, but with more danger loose.
May 2, 2021 7:57 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

It was a cool strategy to use the real Jack the Ripper as a decoy to flesh out the other group. Chase scenes were pretty nice albeit the strategy they used against the Gatling Gun was a little over the top but still pretty damn cool.

Charles Augustus Milverton, interesting. Curious to see what role he plays in the story.

So Holmes opted to keep Jack the Ripper at large and hide what really happened. I guess it's easier to rally Scotland Yard behind a figure like Jack.
May 2, 2021 8:12 AM
Dec 2020
We saw two of the biggest anime logic in this anime;
1) Old men are overpowered. The master Jack ran from death for 1 hour
2) Appearenace are often deceptive. I never thought I would ever say this but guess what? JAMES BOND IS A REVERSE TRAP HA!

Also the way bonde used coin flip gave me the vibes of Misaka Mikoto's railgun and I fckin loved it.
Overall, great episode and also interested in seeing the new villian Charles Augusta Milverton.
May 2, 2021 8:12 AM

Nov 2016
The action got me pumped this episode. In particular that coin x bullet combi from Bonde and Moran was finest rule of cool awesomeness.

Adding Milverton as another opponent got me even more excited.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 2, 2021 8:23 AM
Sep 2015
Am I the only one who notice that all characters in this anime are too hot?
May 2, 2021 8:34 AM
Jul 2018
that coin and bullet combo was cool af
May 2, 2021 8:40 AM

Jun 2016
phantomfandom said:

It is plainly obvious 😂 Everyone is pretty lmao.
Gift by Mimurona

May 2, 2021 8:41 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
phantomfandom said:

Well, hawtness sells. Anime were characters have the looks variety of normal life are rare. Heck even Charles Augustus Milverton who is described as being repugnant in the SH story, is a bishounen here.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 2, 2021 8:42 AM

Jun 2016
The show delivers yet again 😎 Moriarty with a sword was bloody aesthetically awesome and just adds to the awesomeness of his character.
It was an awesome episode with all kinds of awesomeness and tension and the reveal of an antagonist to oppose Moriaty and co adds so much more to things.
Next episode it seems we'll see the return of Mycroft and Sherlock again. I look forward to it 😎
Gift by Mimurona

May 2, 2021 9:10 AM
Apr 2020
Farabeuf said:
phantomfandom said:

Well, hawtness sells. Anime were characters have the looks variety of normal life are rare. Heck even Charles Augustus Milverton who is described as being repugnant in the SH story, is a bishounen here.

The version of Milverton played by Lars Mikkelsen (Mads' older brother) in the BBC's Sherlock was also less repugnant-looking, but leaned more to coolly professional-looking.
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BYmQwZjJjMjAtYWY4ZC00ZTYwLWIyMWItOGQ0ODU2YjdmNDQ4L2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDUzOTQ5MjY@._V1_.jpg
May 2, 2021 9:25 AM
Jan 2016
Bro this episode is honestly my favorite of the whole series. And the bullet bouncing off the coin to destroy the gatling gun was pure epic! That was some killer bean level shit!
May 2, 2021 9:36 AM

Aug 2020
Do those guys who claim to be Jack The Ripper realise how similar they are to the people they are trying to take down. The mentality of the strong take from the weak is exactly how their enemies think.
May 2, 2021 10:00 AM

Sep 2017
Lol that was some nice anime physics with the coin/bullet. Rule of cool for the win.
May 2, 2021 10:15 AM

Jun 2020
Ugh. Moran sniping. Snipe me anyday, MORAN ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Moran & Bonde pulling off that coin thing to jam & blow up the gun was so sick!! They make a great (and cute) team.

Louis & William slaughtering them all. DAT SWORD

Another bishie makes his appearance, Charles Augustus Milverton. Everyone is a bishie. Even their arms guy you can’t see his eyes but I’m dead ass sure he’s a bishie too.

Such an action-packed episode!! My only gripe remains with this 2nd cour is that they didn’t animate the bishified version of the Moriarty brothers in the ED like they did with them in the rain in ED1. I think of that every week when I watch the ED, why would they deprive us of that! (;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

May 2, 2021 10:22 AM

Oct 2017
Once again Moriarty does it in a smart way and looks like another big name has joined the game, Charles Augustus Milverton.
May 2, 2021 10:25 AM

Jun 2014
That coin flip bullet bounce combo attack to stop the gatling gun was the most ridiculous fucking thing I've ever seen...but it was fucking cool as hell holy shit.

The Moriarty plan to take down the group of fake Jack the Rippers succeeded, and seeing William and Louis slaughter them all was great. We also have a new shadow mastermind in the story, Charles Augustus Milverton. I look forward to seeing what kind of plans he has in store later on.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 2, 2021 10:28 AM

Feb 2019
Dude when I saw Moran shoot the coin that Bonde tossed to cause the bullet to reflect and blow up the Gatling gun I audibly yelled “get the fuck outta here” lmao what an episode man. From the mass execution to the Milverton reveal. Went by hella quick.
May 2, 2021 10:58 AM

Aug 2020
That gatling gun part was some real city hunter shit is Moran an ancestor of Ryo Seaba
May 2, 2021 11:05 AM
Jun 2020
This episode was so cool. I really enjoyed it. First, the chase was really well planned and everyone played an important part in it. "Jack The Ripper" was running around a lot and avoiding the men with the help of Fred for directions. Moran sniped the guns of anyone who could shoot him. Bonde was so cool in the coin kick. She reminded me of Detective Conan for a sec.
Anyway, the coin and bullet trick was the coolest part of the episode. Followed directly by the awesome duo William and Louis's fight with the "devils". Loved the Shakespearean quote. "Hell is empty. All the devils are here." Also, Sherlock seems to understand what's going on. Hopefully, he'll be able to face the Lord of Crime soon. Can't wait to see what the new guy at the end of the episode brings to the table. Overall, great episode 5/5
May 2, 2021 11:37 AM

Aug 2018
That coin flip bullet scene was too much for my taste but the rest was great as usual.
I like how they keep introducing new interesting characters instead of it just being Moriarty VS Sherlock
May 2, 2021 11:54 AM
Feb 2021
Easily the best episode in the whole series and honestly I consider this fight as the fight of the season
May 2, 2021 11:59 AM

Jun 2019
The plan to stop “Jack the Ripper’s” plot to start a revolution by having someone take credit to spark cooperation between the two sides was smart.

The part where Bond kicked a coin and Moran fired a bullet that reflected off of it into a gattling gun was too ridiculous. Are these people superheroes?
May 2, 2021 12:23 PM

Feb 2009
I really liked this episode but the coin flip + bullet combo was way too much. Wasn't this supposed to be a mystery/psychological anime? For God's sake...
Friend Code 3DS: 4914-3165-5517
May 2, 2021 12:23 PM
Jun 2017
Now I'm sure that Adeler is one of Conan's ancestors.
May 2, 2021 12:35 PM

Apr 2015
Good episode. It was fun to see how Moriarty's plan was executed, everyone carried out their roles perfectly. The old man sure can run. Moran's perfect sniping is always cool to watch, although that coin-deflecting-bullet-trajectory trick was a little too ridiculous lmao. A new antagonist is introduced, I'm not familiar with his name but he'll most likely play an important role in messing with Moriarty's plans. Looks like Sherlock chose the convenient lie. Looking forward to the next episode as always.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
May 2, 2021 1:13 PM
Dec 2019
goggles john, that is all
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
May 2, 2021 2:10 PM

Jan 2020
well this ep was very good from start to end, BUT one moment, the way they destroyed Gatling gun was bullshit
U-Y-P-W-O-C-U-T-I-K-A-T-I-P-M-I-N-I-I-D-I-H-I-W-T-S-T-I-W-S-T-O-M-P-T-I-L-U-C-H-N-I-D-T-I-I-Y-I-M-N-O-W-S-T-S-W-N-I-B-W
May 2, 2021 2:39 PM

Jan 2016
That shot off of the coin into a rotating gatling gun was so fucking stupid LMAO
May 2, 2021 3:06 PM

Apr 2017
coin kicking/flip + busting a gatlinggun... totally just an actress/singer before this. :)
There's no inherent right or wrong in this universe, but when we think with emotions rather than logic, we make things so.
May 2, 2021 3:25 PM

Nov 2015
Oo oo what a fun episode. The bullet and the coin was peak anime logic, but also badass asf. The real Jack the Ripper pretends to to be the fake Jack the Ripper. Making that old man run for an hour felt cruel, lol.

A new challenger approaches! Charles Augustus Milverton.
May 2, 2021 5:24 PM

Dec 2020
another genius pretty guy. looks like he'll be smarter than sherlock so maybe at the same length as james? can't wait to see their showdown. also a new character: the weapons guy, seems .. odd in a good way. i think. after credits scene was also pretty funny, their great master now serves as a butler lmfao
May 2, 2021 5:33 PM

Oct 2016
The way Lestrade put so much time and effort into creating a puppet show for Sherlock just to present the case was adorable.
May 2, 2021 5:46 PM
Apr 2021
so I've got a few things to say about this episode

the first is that this episode demonstrated to me that this show has decided to fully ignore the grounded realism of the previous season and just go for a schlocky action flick

the second is that Moriarty's character development has taken a back seat to the plot. What made the first season so interesting to me was that with each episode the layers were peeled back on Moriarty revealing a little more detail into his brilliant but sociopathic mind. Now Moriarty is just a mechanism to drive the plot and it is rather disappointing

the third is that this new villain is going to completely ruin the thematic dynamic established by the first season. Sherlock and Moriarty are two sides of the same coin. They represent the two opinions on a moralistic and philosophical question the show is trying to ask. And so therefore when you introduce another villain as a "common enemy" it ruins the perfect character dichotomy they had set up.

with every new episode this season the show has been getting dumber and dumber and drifter further away from the source material. I'm honestly pretty disappointed. The show is by no means bad but it's not that good either
May 2, 2021 5:54 PM
Apr 2021
k0rvus said:
That shot off of the coin into a rotating gatling gun was so fucking stupid LMAO

it's even dumber than you think
first of all, a gatling gun has multiple barrels, so even if you cause a misfire, it will only damage one barrel and the gun will fire just fine on every other barrel. Second of all, the mythbusters tested shooting into gun barrels and how damaged barrels fire - and they still work. A damaged gun barrel will massively reduce accuracy but it will still fire. Third of all, detonating a round in the gun breech will not set off a massive explosion. The explosive contained within the round is only enough to propell the bullet. When enclosed in a chamber the worst it would do is damage the chamber itself. It wouldn't explode

and that's just in the event that the bullet somehow makes it to the barrel. That whole coin flip was BS as well
May 2, 2021 6:03 PM
Jul 2018
I no longer know how much Ripper Jack is shown in the episode, but that escape was very surprising.
May 2, 2021 6:57 PM

Jan 2016
theGodde said:
k0rvus said:

it's even dumber than you think
first of all, a gatling gun has multiple barrels, so even if you cause a misfire, it will only damage one barrel and the gun will fire just fine on every other barrel. Second of all, the mythbusters tested shooting into gun barrels and how damaged barrels fire - and they still work. A damaged gun barrel will massively reduce accuracy but it will still fire. Third of all, detonating a round in the gun breech will not set off a massive explosion. The explosive contained within the round is only enough to propell the bullet. When enclosed in a chamber the worst it would do is damage the chamber itself. It wouldn't explode

and that's just in the event that the bullet somehow makes it to the barrel. That whole coin flip was BS as well
Coin flip went that far, and even assuming the coin could actually redirect the bullet THAT MUCH (which I'm fairly certain it wouldn't) there's no actual way someone could calculate the perfect angle a small coin would have to be at from that far away. Also the barrel of the gatling gun is rotating, and the coin would have to be at it's perfect angle while being perfectly in line with the constantly rotating barrel... Even disregarding that it wouldn't explode like that, the scene is fucking insane lmfao. I'm not sure if I like the direction this series is going tbh
May 2, 2021 8:11 PM
Jul 2018
Very thrilling action-packed episode. Every main characters act are so cool. Especially Jack the Ripper is badass :D
I can't wait for see William and Sherlock's reunion. Post-credits were hilarious btw. Moran: No way!
May 2, 2021 8:54 PM

Aug 2015
I'm loving the over the top action. From season 1 to THIS. Fantastic.

Really excited for Milverton. Hope they don't hold back with this one, since the original Sherlock really hated his guts.
May 2, 2021 9:05 PM

Mar 2016
A lot of the scenes this episode felt cartoony because of the way the characters were just staring at each other and growling. lol

The action scenes were awesome, but they ignore real life physics, which seems kind of wrong in a story where science and psychology play a huge part. I am pretty sure you can't make a bullet ricochet with a coin like that.

I like Moran's silent guns.

Fred looked unbelievably hot with long hair.

It's sad that Moriarty killed people. In the original story, didn't they mention that he doesn't commit crimes on his own, which was why he was so hard to find? I think the first time he kills someone himself is in "The Final Problem".

Charles Augustus Milverton. I think he's the guy that Sherlock hated to the point that he completely ignores the crime committed against him. I hope they adapt his story properly, because I can definitely see Moriarty being involved with his case.
May 2, 2021 11:10 PM

Apr 2018
That was quite a plan that Moriarty had to kill the people behind "Jack the Ripper". Hmmm the grey hair dude is interesting as well, as Holmes telling that lie.
May 3, 2021 2:03 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Damn, a lot of unbeliavable shounenish action this time. The old man, Jack really a monster, dancing avoided all the pursuiters. Moran and Bonde proved to be the best team. While indeed the Moriarty brothers first combat show looked pretty solid. As expected from Moriarty plan, no fault at all! Pity tiny skank noble group scheme really outwitted and trapped inside the Moriarty twist. Sherlock obviously always got left behind this time, ofc. But the latest action also attracted another big name and association under that circumstances.

Still, when referring to the William Moriarty last insight, its already predicted, especially with how Sherlock reacted to the case field. So, yeah, lets see the real deal of it!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 3, 2021 2:18 AM

Oct 2018
I'm a really selective one to choose a favorite anime.
But damn. I'm in love with this series. This episode is so good.
The scene when William and Louis fight with each others.
😍😍😍
May 3, 2021 4:40 AM

Jul 2016
ProofByColor said:
Lol that was some nice anime physics with the coin/bullet. Rule of cool for the win.

And yet no doubt Moran will miss Holmes if he ever shoots at him for real.
May 3, 2021 6:12 AM

Jul 2013
This show is really getting better and better.

I definitely prefer how we get more of the preparations and struggles of going along with Will's plans than the reveal-at-the-end approach we had in the first season, even though that was cool in it's own way as well (came out of a detective story after all).
The addition of Irene as Bonde is also pretty cool and refreshing and I am glad he goes along with the rest of the crew.

As much as I like the occasional action, and I was certainly on the edge of my seat while watching this episode, I still prefer the psychological aspects of this anime so I hope we will get more of it.
Seems like Will got a new enemy after all.
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
May 3, 2021 9:29 AM

Oct 2016
Great episode! This season has been banger after banger for me personally, definitely gonna jump on the manga after this season, or maybe even before the season ends, cause I am really tempted.

Lestrade actually preparing that puppet show about the Jack the Ripper case was weirdly wholesome lmao. That Moran and Bonde coin combo was so ridiculous... so ridiculously awesome. That's some mission impossible type of shit right there, this is still a shounen after all. It's not like we get action all the time, so that was great. I especially liked William and Louis teaming up, I think that was the first time we actually see them fight together.

And we got a third party it seems, Charles Augustus Milverton, things are becoming spicier. Of course, Holmes knows what's going on, I expect nothing less and looks like he's finally realizing that there's only one guy smart enough to pull this off. Looking forward to the next episode.
May 3, 2021 9:51 AM

Mar 2021
wow man I don't usually post anything but DAMN this episode was awesome. first let me say it's a crime to skip this anime's op
and this episode man the story the art the music everything was amazing
callmenedaMay 3, 2021 9:55 AM
May 3, 2021 4:13 PM
Apr 2021
I'm honestly quite... disappointed in this episode. Yes, there were lots of tension and action, and it was exciting to watch. But my issue here was how the anime started as pretty grounded but with a grander premise, and dissolved into this... ridiculous action show.

If the show wants to pride itself in being clever, this episode setup was probably the worst way to accomplish such goal. Instead of cleverly investigating why jack the ripper was committing the crimes and who the organisation behind him was, we get old man doing parkour, the Scotland yard (not even the military) firing a MACHINE GUN in a civilian area and instead of outsmarting them, bonde and the sniper guy pull off some impossible anime maneuver to stop them.

Overall, this episode was thematically probably the worst one of this whole anime, but at least the preview for next episode looked somewhat promising, with Sherlock Holmes being more involved again. Which is nice, because he is probably the most entertaining and interesting character in this show.
keth666May 3, 2021 4:21 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2021

168 by Alesa_ »»
Mar 9, 9:16 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2021

57 by Alesa_ »»
Mar 9, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2021

75 by Alesa_ »»
Mar 9, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2021

46 by ReganDesu »»
Feb 7, 5:49 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2021

51 by ReganDesu »»
Feb 1, 6:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.