Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 27, 2021 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, the sight of that fire really is a sight to behold. Looks like hell broke loose.

William's ultimate plan has been put to use and no matter what the risk. He has such a dangerous determination that it's almost unbelievable. It was an intense episode of heavy feelings too with everything that came together into this final Act.

Reflecting back to events leading up to this finale, I felt like they managed to capture the overall thrill of the series.
Jun 27, 2021 6:58 AM

Jul 2017
The Final Problem: Act 2, the faceoff between Sherlock Holmes and Liam. These 2 must go on it alone to see the true ending of justice being served to its knees.

The Moriarty Plan vs. Sherlock's attempt to stop him, they've definitely shared many memories from their first initial encounter. And setting the fire ablaze is the first step in that operation to light the flames of rage of ordinary citizens against the Noblesse Oblige, and in that effect, it worked by both nobles and ordinary citizens working together to flame out the bombs set around London...by being a distraction for the final showdown between Liam and Sherlock.

Hail the showdown between good and evil on the hard London Bridge line, and Liam is ready to die for the atonement of his sins regardless. The fight between friends-cum-foes, and it went full-on dramatically like a theatre recital play.

Louis going on to form MI6, and all is back to where the world seems like it is at present. And where is Sherlock and Liam? It's all a staged play.

WHAT A PHENOMENAL ENDING, can't shake this perfect ending to the story between the classic Sherlock Holmes and Lupin. The Final Problem solved.
KANLen09Jun 27, 2021 8:55 AM
Jun 27, 2021 7:30 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That was absolutely great, I'm just a bit disappointed that the pacing was really fast during the season and that they skipped some elements, but otherwise it was perfect, probably one of my fav from this season, obviously go continue the manga
Jun 27, 2021 7:31 AM

Jul 2011
Funi subs seems to be delayed?

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Jun 27, 2021 7:34 AM
Nov 2020
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, the sight of that fire really is a sight to behold. Looks like hell broke loose.

William's ultimate plan has been put to use and no matter what the risk. He has such a dangerous determination that it's almost unbelievable. It was an intense episode of heavy feelings too with everything that came together into this final Act.

Reflecting back to events leading up to this finale, I felt like they managed to capture the overall thrill of the series.
A great end to way this battle but it was for me a little to rushed imo but still a hidden gem that needs more viewers
Jun 27, 2021 8:27 AM

Mar 2019
That was a wild ride, heard that the manga apparently has a different ending though
Jun 27, 2021 8:42 AM
Jan 2021
So it ended ...
I felt like crying,the ending was really good, as good as code geass ending
All these month waiting every week for new ep I think it paid off, still I want more didn't satisfied my hunger

If u wanna talk about Anime/all other stuff then contact me via Telegram
@thisisshap
till then
Ciao
Jun 27, 2021 8:48 AM

Jun 2019
I absolutely loved this season and this show from the very beginning to the end. The letter from William to Sherlock made me emotional. Both consider each other as friends and both care for each other. What a friendship. The whole actions of William were revealed, why he was doing all of that.

As Sherlock went in there to save William, there happened a lot of commotion between them. But, after some argument, William tried to suicide where sherlock came to save him. Absolute Bromance between them. Sherlock arrived there as his friend, not a detective. I wasn't expecting such an ending for this show but they really did a great job and I'm really satisfied with the ending.

What an amazing ending for all of them. Sherlock once again is after William James Moriarty where he's still ranting the same line, "Catch me if you can, Mr. Holmes" LOL Loved it. One of my favorites shows this season. Still think this is very underrated.
Pre_YumJun 27, 2021 8:53 AM
Jun 27, 2021 9:03 AM
Apr 2020
KitKatLong said:
That was a wild ride, heard that the manga apparently has a different ending though

More like the manga is still ongoing in Japan; the anime altered some things to provide a more conclusive ending.

Jun 27, 2021 9:10 AM
Jul 2018
Wonderful. Very dramatic and touching conclusion. I already missed this underappreciated gem. Awesome :D
Jun 27, 2021 9:25 AM

Feb 2020
I thought, that by allowing William to have his crimes published in the papers, it would have sufficed to bring nobility and peasantry together. He really just brought that to the next level, which was amazing. Really nice last episode, a conclusion I think fits very well for the story.

Amazing series from start to finish, and definitely liked this 2nd cour. Really liked how they used the historical aspects here to tie the story together, felt almost as if it was real history. Really cool that Louis became founder of MI6 haha! Anyways, considering the manga is still ongoing, the anime must be different compared to it. Might possibly pick it up one day.
Jun 27, 2021 9:42 AM
Feb 2017
The ending felt kinda rushed and left me asking if that was it? Maybe I wasn't ready for the show to end lol.

I didn't expect Sherlock to think of William as a friend. I thought they'd stay as rivals till the end. The manga is still ongoing but I don't think we'd get a sequel since the anime made it seem like everything ended for good.

Loved the show though, was probably one of the best I've watched in a long time and I'm gonna miss looking forward to new episodes.

Jun 27, 2021 9:46 AM

Apr 2020
Even if the ending was kinda weird it was still really good overall 8/10 like the first.
Hope it comes back soon.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Jun 27, 2021 10:00 AM

Jun 2014
The final plot orchestrated by Moriarty went as planned, except instead of him dying, it looks like he and Sherlock are chilling in Switzerland now lol.

This season did a great job of continuing to offer the thrills and intriguing mysteries that we saw in the first season. I'll definitely miss this show, it was a nice hidden gem that flew under the radar.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 27, 2021 10:02 AM

Feb 2020
Men, I love this Anime maybe it because I always enjoyed a story' about Sherlock and Moriarty. Men is it really over?. Well... I just have a blass from watching this Anime, all the characters is likeable and when they're reveal who's the James Bond was I just like WTF that fucking awesome. Anyway.... Time for the summer Anime.
Jun 27, 2021 10:08 AM
Apr 2020
I loved this episode, also as the ending to the season. I didn't expect to get emotional but I did, probably the most I have for the entire show (both seasons included). I agree that it went by really quickly, or seemed rushed perhaps but I didn't mind it too much.
Jun 27, 2021 10:08 AM
Dec 2017
I'm highly confused from the amount of people praising the ending.

This whole season felt a bit rushed, the whole Moriarty plan was supposed to be a grand amazing plan that nobody else could have thought of, but they just slayed more nobility and then started a fire and one of the side characters gave a heartfelt speech that softened the hearts of the nobility.

What a plan.

Not to mention the character motivations are all over the place. Sure, Sherlock, you talked to Moriarty three-four times during the entire show run time, he's your amazing friend (apparently more important than Watson), but he's also a mass murderer, so this whole lovers suicide at the end really felt like the writers pulled it out of their asses. I don't know, really mixed feelings about this show. Nice animations and good atmosphere, but often times a really stupid plot that's trying to sell itself as very intellingent.
Jun 27, 2021 10:11 AM

Oct 2017
The plan was executed perfectly and both Moriarty and Sherlock survived. Fine I guess.

The first half of this season was really good but later half was alright and the end was rushed. I liked the previous season a lot more due to consistent content.

Pretty good anime overall, could have been better but this is still fine.
Jun 27, 2021 10:20 AM

Jan 2021
I also feel like it was a bit rushed, but despite that it was still enjoyable. I have read the manga, and thought it wont be as much as fun, because I already know what will happen :D Im glad I watched it until the end :) it was a 9/10 for me ;)
Jun 27, 2021 10:28 AM
Sep 2015
The Final Problem is quite sloppy. Though it left a possibility of season 3 regarding Milverton.
Jun 27, 2021 10:30 AM

Apr 2019
Well, the final confrontation was unexpectedly bromantic. I really like how the relationship of Sherlock and William was executed. A great season and I loved the anime overall. Very Sherlockish. Even though a lot of contents has been cut out from the manga, it's really great that the anime still managed to stand up on its own and make the story seem complete without much missing at all. There was suppose to be a time-skip to set up the finale but the way it ended here is pretty perfect already on its own. I loved it.

I'm going to miss this one. It will be pretty hard to come by with a show like this one anymore.
Jun 27, 2021 10:36 AM

Feb 2019
What a beautiful finale. In the end, Moriarty was able to achieve his goal of tearing down old British society and creating a new one with a different nobility. William and Sherlock’s bridge scene was awesome and really touching, got a little emotional there. Louis becoming head of MI6 was really interesting too.

Episode definitely had a feeling of finality to it. Is this all the chapters of the current manga or is it ongoing or what?

Season 2 was an improvement in every way over season 1
Jun 27, 2021 10:46 AM
Aug 2020
I enjoyed this season thoroughly. However one thing left a bad taste in my mouth ie the ending. I just really can't picture William living a completely carefree life while leaving behind Albert and Louis to shoulder the burden of all they have done. If anyone can clear up why this would make sense I would appreciate it.
Jun 27, 2021 10:56 AM
Apr 2016
Pandazwei said:
I also feel like it was a bit rushed, but despite that it was still enjoyable. I have read the manga, and thought it wont be as much as fun, because I already know what will happen :D Im glad I watched it until the end :) it was a 9/10 for me ;)
Did the manga end the same way?
Jun 27, 2021 10:58 AM
Sep 2019
I'm not sure what kind of shit I just watched
Jun 27, 2021 11:09 AM

Jun 2019
A pretty disappointing concluding season.

It felt like they were just trying to throw in a bunch of Holmes stories and other references without much thought to the overarching narrative and character building. The Irene arc had no purpose. Sherlock killing Milverton had no purpose.

Sherlock was a complete disappointment this season. He is hyped up to being on the same level as Moriaty but he is always 5 steps behind and never got much development. All of a sudden he and Moriaty are best friends that are worth dying for after talking 3 or 4 times total.

The art, animation, and music were all top-notch and the writing wasn’t complete garbage, but it is certainly a letdown from the promise the first season showed.

6/10. Closer to a 5 than a 7.
Jun 27, 2021 11:17 AM

Jul 2011
Thinking about it, the only one who got a bad ending was Albert that got arrested. The rest kept going with life and got new jobs. And Sherlock and William are playing the biggest friendliest hide-and-seek match ever
Jun 27, 2021 11:22 AM

Jul 2015
Marinate1016 said:

Hardly, because this whole Adler/Bonde character was literally dragging this show down and I am so relieved, that they ditched her in later episodes.
That stunt with kicking a coin into a barrel of machine gun was so out of place and turned this show into poor action anime, I was worried it might not recover.
Thankfully, everything went well.

Jun 27, 2021 11:23 AM
Dec 2016
zz2000 said:
KitKatLong said:

More like the manga is still ongoing in Japan; the anime altered some things to provide a more conclusive ending.

Wow thank you so much for the information. That is all I need to know.
Jun 27, 2021 11:24 AM

Jun 2014
Since the anime diverges from the manga counterpart, so which manga chapter should I begin that the anime did not cover or the major changes begin? (I am afraid I do not have time to start from zero, sorry)
Jun 27, 2021 11:28 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Well, that certainly was eventful!

London in flames but for the greater good, things playing out under Moriaty's scheme like the usual basically. Giving Moran-san the job to convince the nobles surprised me a little but good thing it worked just fine in the end.

Moriaty v Sherlock played out just as I'd in mind except for the fact that Sherlock would join him on the dive, lol. And that touching hug to top things off. Production I.G. know their business clearly.

MI6, huh? James Bond first and now this, I'll take it lol. Didn't feel as corny as the former, thankfully. Albert taking all the blame though, I'd a feeling it'd be the case. I'm curious to know how James would feel about this.

Switzerland now, no place screams more peaceful than that. Well chosen, Moriaty.

All in all, it's been another good season although inferior to the first imo. First half really hit the right notes but things started to take a really rushed turn from the second. While it was nice to finally see Mary in the anime, the Milverton arc was kind of a low point of the series for me. And this final arc in all honesty was roughly the same for me.

Going to award this season a solid 7/10, thus. Slightly disappointed with the final stretch but it's been a great series overall. I was a little hesitant when the series was first announced as I thought it'd be more of appearance than worth (forgot a certain idiom here but well) but I'm glad to have been proven wrong. Production I.G. treated this really well too. Also, the Op, ED and the Ost were all great and the VA department likewise.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 27, 2021 11:28 AM

Nov 2016
Welp, these last couple of episodes were a let-down.

Manga, here I go!

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 27, 2021 11:31 AM

Apr 2015
Lmao not gonna lie, the part when Sherlock and Moriarty jumped down together got me cackling, that was oddly funny. Did not expect the lovers' suicide, and they somehow both survived in the end with barely any traces of injuries? Three months have passed, yeah, but still unbelievable how that happened from that height. I wonder how the public reacted to Sherlock jumping after Moriarty.

Anyways, overall it was an okay season. The episodes felt more "chaotic" and disconnected from one another compared to last season. The final problem was a bit of a disappointment as well. At least it worked out somehow. 6/10 overall. I'd still be interested in watching a third season, if it'll ever have one.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Jun 27, 2021 11:34 AM

Sep 2019
Lmao I thought they were going to kiss when Sherlock jumped after him
Jun 27, 2021 11:39 AM

Jul 2014
Considering that this season was overall disjointed and unfocused, this was as solid an ending as we could have realistically hoped for, bringing both Sherlock and Moriarty's narratives to a close and letting them escape public life together. Not entirely sure what we're supposed to read into their reunion and situation now, but it's no surprise to see them both alive after everything that happened.

Overall, season 1 was far better than this season was, but this certainly had its moments including a strong final three episodes. I'm still irked by the James Bonde thing (which added exactly nothing to the plot in the end), the Whitely arc being a direct rip-off of The Dark Knight and the existence of Milverton as a secondary antagonist though.

6/10
Jun 27, 2021 11:43 AM

Jan 2021
JanPri said:
Pandazwei said:
Did the manga end the same way?

No, the manga is still ongoing ;) and the ending of the anime wasnt very similar to that scene in the manga, well ofc because the manga is still ongoing so there wasnt any ending yet
PandazweiJun 27, 2021 11:53 AM
Jun 27, 2021 11:51 AM

Jan 2021
ElPsyKongroo69 said:
I enjoyed this season thoroughly. However one thing left a bad taste in my mouth ie the ending. I just really can't picture William living a completely carefree life while leaving behind Albert and Louis to shoulder the burden of all they have done. If anyone can clear up why this would make sense I would appreciate it.

I can recommend u the manga, the anime sure ended Liam being a carefree person as well as sherlock. But the manga continue this mystesy line and dark storyline. And I think there is more to both of the main character. The anime creators well-handled by giving us an ending like this, because after this ending there are only 3 chapters. So we wouldnt have gotten a new season either way. Maybe some years later a movie or an ova from the new "acts" ;)
Jun 27, 2021 11:59 AM

Jan 2021
SmilingBeginner said:
Since the anime diverges from the manga counterpart, so which manga chapter should I begin that the anime did not cover or the major changes begin? (I am afraid I do not have time to start from zero, sorry)

I think u wont need to read every chapter. I recommend u to read it from the final act chapters (so from ch. 48), if u sure u wont change the score even if u see that the manga was more detailed. So u have around 12 chapters if u accept my recommendation ;) And I think the mangaka writes quite fast, if not every week, but every second week there is a new chapter, around 40 pages :)
PandazweiJun 27, 2021 12:02 PM
Jun 27, 2021 12:01 PM
Aug 2020
I know that the series reached its natural conclusion and its end but honestly pretty sad to see it end. Really enjoyed the show (although the first "season" was better, imho)
Jun 27, 2021 12:07 PM
Feb 2021
Have anyone got any info on further seasons I want it and many fans want it..
Jun 27, 2021 12:11 PM

Jan 2021
Arthagrawal said:
Have anyone got any info on further seasons I want it and many fans want it..

I dont think there will be further seasons, because the anime almost covered all the chapters of the manga. I think within a year or 2 years we might get a short new season, but the chances are low, so maybe a movie.
Jun 27, 2021 12:12 PM

Aug 2018
Well that was a interesting conclusion, I don't expect more from Moriarty the Patriot, even though I would still be happy to watch another season.

But well, I get this feeling that it came to an end, the brothers being divided (1 in jail, 1 exiled and 1 working as an MI6 agent + their antagonist being away as well). Not a bad thing however, I just regret that it went a bit too fast at some point (unlike first season), but that was still very very enjoyable to follow !
Jun 27, 2021 12:13 PM
Aug 2020
Just finished it, I don’t know it felt like after so much build up that William’s grand master plan was ultimately rather simple.
Instead of being a cohesive whole it was all rather bitty and ended on setting some fires; the reaction of the nobility never really felt earned.
Jun 27, 2021 12:15 PM

Jan 2015
Magic sword
Boring ending

6/10

Jun 27, 2021 12:18 PM

Feb 2019
Piromysl said:
Marinate1016 said:

Hardly, because this whole Adler/Bonde character was literally dragging this show down and I am so relieved, that they ditched her in later episodes.
That stunt with kicking a coin into a barrel of machine gun was so out of place and turned this show into poor action anime, I was worried it might not recover.
Thankfully, everything went well.

That’s crazy, but I didn’t ask.
Jun 27, 2021 12:42 PM

May 2020
Wow, William's ultimate plan was definitely an ultimate plan. The ending was definitely not what I had in mind, I would've preferred something different, but that works too.
Jun 27, 2021 1:02 PM
Dec 2019
I am so glad they didnt go full code geass, fits the moral of the show way better for both to choose to live
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Jun 27, 2021 2:17 PM

Apr 2017
SaltyReinn said:
I'm highly confused from the amount of people praising the ending.

This whole season felt a bit rushed, the whole Moriarty plan was supposed to be a grand amazing plan that nobody else could have thought of, but they just slayed more nobility and then started a fire and one of the side characters gave a heartfelt speech that softened the hearts of the nobility.

What a plan.

Not to mention the character motivations are all over the place. Sure, Sherlock, you talked to Moriarty three-four times during the entire show run time, he's your amazing friend (apparently more important than Watson), but he's also a mass murderer, so this whole lovers suicide at the end really felt like the writers pulled it out of their asses. I don't know, really mixed feelings about this show. Nice animations and good atmosphere, but often times a really stupid plot that's trying to sell itself as very intellingent.

I'm glad to find bright and intelligent comment without fakeness and boot licking.
Jun 27, 2021 2:20 PM
Dec 2017
Esmera said:
Lmao not gonna lie, the part when Sherlock and Moriarty jumped down together got me cackling, that was oddly funny. Did not expect the lovers' suicide, and they somehow both survived in the end with barely any traces of injuries? Three months have passed, yeah, but still unbelievable how that happened from that height. I wonder how the public reacted to Sherlock jumping after Moriarty..

It was impossible for them to get hurt, not with the power of friendship on their side.
Jun 27, 2021 2:25 PM
Feb 2009
One Question: Where is Irene/Bond?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2021

57 by Alesa_ »»
Mar 9, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2021

75 by Alesa_ »»
Mar 9, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2021

46 by ReganDesu »»
Feb 7, 5:49 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2021

51 by ReganDesu »»
Feb 1, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2021

79 by ReganDesu »»
Jan 30, 6:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.