Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 5, 2021 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I must say, their little break from civilization and out in the nature looks like fun. Reiko's confidence and skills are admirable.

Even outdoors, we got some focus on bike riding although they need to be careful when riding and avoid falls like that. Riding bikes out in the nature has its risks.
May 5, 2021 7:29 AM

Apr 2020
Reiko's summer story, she wants to climb Mount Fuji with her cub, and she tries so hard to climb Mount Fuji.

What a view.
May 5, 2021 8:06 AM

Apr 2010
I wonder what Reiko is made out of because the number of times she fell so was bound to have some injuries, falling from a bike isn't a joke.
Years ago i fell on a scooter i broke me dumb during the fall and had a nasty wound on my leg, also feww a couple of times doing slow maneuvers on a Honda CB650 but since it was slow i had no injuries but you don't need to go fast to injure yourself on a motorcycle.
If you have proper gear you can protect yourself from open wounds and maybe broken bones but as fr as i could tell Reiko was only wearing a helmet.

I have to say that i admire her determination tho, usually people would use a dirt bike for that climb which makes it a lot easier.
May 5, 2021 8:19 AM

Apr 2016
Dude Reiko's living the dream she literally lives in a house thats actually a garage .. or is it a garage thats actually a house ? ...

Anyway, her story reminds me a series of documentaries made in my country, its about a bunch of dudes who traveled the world on "Babetta". Reiko has the same determination.
May 5, 2021 8:23 AM

Jun 2019
We got to see Reiko's side of the story during her summer. She decided to climb Mt. Fuji on her cub which was pretty admiring. But, honestly, she fell so many times from her bike that it scared me so many times. I was thinking every time she was on the cub, Don't fell down the mountain. That was really scary but that sort of thing gets your adrenaline pumping. I can guarantee that much.
But really great to see her determination like that. She ain't backing down easily. And she also got to see what she wanted to see. That was truly beautiful.
May 5, 2021 8:24 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That was really great to get a full episode on Reiko, she really tried to climb mount fuji with a super cub, sure that was really hardcore, so many falls and she didn't manage to do it until the end but it was still great to see her motivated and determined like that, I hope that she'll manage to do it later, it would be impressive!
May 5, 2021 8:25 AM
Jul 2018
this episode was pretty cool, didnt expect it to be like this but it turned out to be quite interesting and lots of nice development and cool backstory for reiko. wonder if we'll get an episode like this for koguma too, would definitely love that and it'd probably great as well. also, reiko looked so cute with those casual clothes and bun, nice sleepover and love her little cabin.
May 5, 2021 8:27 AM

Jul 2017
A summer story for Reiko in a rented log cabin for rest for both her and Koguma.

Reiko working a part-time job and climbing Mt. Fuji with her Postal Super Cub, setting a goal for herself. Modding a CT110 Hunter Cub specs to her own Super Cub is easy, but traversing through the dangerous terrain of the highest mountain in Japan is difficult and not easy to overcome.

It'll take lots of trials and tribulations, not to mention fall after fall, defeat after defeat that's expressed on Reiko's face. To see her try and overcome the obstacles before her (be it physically and mentally) is satisfying with the higher-than-high payoffs, even if she couldn't reach the top. The top is her best summit effort.

Reiko clearing Koguma's doubts about the Super Cub's "killing of lives", and it's as evident IRL that the Super Cub is a legendary status reliable motorbike. The piece of history is a bit wrong, but close to being correct on the ascent of Mt. Fuji on Super Cubs:
https://www.asianstudies.org/publications/eaa/archives/honda-soichiro-and-the-rise-of-japans-postwar-motor-vehicle-industry/

Have a good summer vacation girls.
May 5, 2021 8:29 AM

Feb 2019
Very nice episode for reiko. Really showed what she’s made of. It’s cool to see her set a goal and work towards it. It’s not about how many times you fall down, but how many you get up. I loved the shot of her Cub bruised and “bleeding” which was a nice parallel to her own body which had taken so much damage from the attempts. Lots of important life lessons to be learnt from this episode, keep going no matter how many times you get knocked down. I’m sure she’ll reach the top of Fuji-san thanks to her determination.

I really wish this show got more attention. Real hidden gem of the season.
May 5, 2021 8:39 AM
Jul 2018
refreshing to see Reiko's side of story w the cub and that she seems more passionate about the whole thing made me wish she was the mc thanks to koguma's bland personality that doesn't pique my interest enough
May 5, 2021 8:43 AM

Jul 2017
The Reiko episode was really good, definitely a lot more interesting than the Koguma stuff although it's intentional like that since Koguma is sort of in the audience position with learning and adapting to driving a Super Cub like this from the ground up. Kind of cool to see Reiko ambitious like that, reminds me of how I was when I got my first car (although definitely nothing as ambitious as her like the Mt. Fuji stuff).
May 5, 2021 8:43 AM

Feb 2020
Yet another beautiful episode. This time we got to know better with Reiko. She's such a nice and interesting character.

Trying to climb Mt. Fuji with a Cub sounds pretty unrealistic.

SerafosJan 13, 3:22 AM
May 5, 2021 8:56 AM

Jul 2020
So this episode showed the backstory of Reiko and her struggles. I like it.

AND THAT SMILEEEEEEEEEEEEEE pleaseeeeee
May 5, 2021 9:05 AM

Apr 2014
What a bold and insane move from Reiko by climbing the Fujisan on her bike. Even she can't reach the summit, it was a huge achievement for her. Next time she will able to do it for sure.

There were dedicated tractor routes other than the normal trekking routes which the hikers used. Those tractor routes are used for those tractors to climb the Fujisan to sent the supplies to the mountain hut or shops and restaurants on the top of Fujisan during the climbing season in the summer of each year.
何それ?意味分かんない
May 5, 2021 9:05 AM
Jun 2019
I'm glad she finally had the courage to say she had no idea what Reiko was talking about, and with a smile on her face.
May 5, 2021 9:58 AM

Apr 2018
this was the best episode so far really excited for new episodes
May 5, 2021 10:04 AM

Mar 2016
Damn, Reiko is a real badass. Such a different vibe from the previous episodes. It was gritty, tough and hotblooded. Loved it.

We need blue-collar slice of life.
May 5, 2021 10:10 AM
Feb 2021
Reiko is a super girl.....Sugoi....
May 5, 2021 10:23 AM

Dec 2016
This show never ceases to surprise me with it's bland and out of the left field stories.

Reiko not only gets money out of nowhere to buy pricy upgrades for a cheap Cub, but also has that kind of money to have a bachelor pad out in the middle of nowhere with all of it's utilities.

I expected her to be the more level headed kind of rider, but she's just a reckless teen with a death wish based on pretty much nothing (aside from very "anime" drive of doing something for the sake of proving themselves something nobody questioned in the first place)

It made me cringe so hard for her delusional dream to climb Mt Fuji in a supercub (despite that the series claimed someone has done such a reckless endeavor). My biggest pet peeve with this show is that it fails to provide evidence that their characters have had proper bike training that justify their achivements out on the streets and on dangerous terrian like a steep mountain climb without any of the basic motocross wear like elbow & knee pads, proper boots and a full chest protector. And worse of all on a supercub rather than a proper motocross bike with navi tires, a proper monoshock suspension and a longer front suspension. This show goes avobe and beyond on Honda advertising for pretty much no real reason. Maybe the series should be labeled as fantasy if it keeps going with such BS advertising.

At this point I'm just sticking with the series and see if the third girl will be a more believeable character.
KimurahMay 5, 2021 10:27 AM
May 5, 2021 10:33 AM

Sep 2020
I love the music during Reiko's bike expedition, at first it seemed a little excessive at first but as she got higher up it made more sense. Her struggle to climb the mountain was really interesting and I like her trying to prove "you can go anywhere with a cub."

This was a great episode even if it was a little more intense than the calmness the show normally has.

May 5, 2021 10:46 AM

Nov 2013
I’m thoroughly convinced Tomohisa Ishikawa or whoever is in charge of the music has exquisite Classical music taste! .

The classical piece during the sleepover bedside talk was Träumerei by Schumann, often called “Dreaming”, which captures both the joys and sorrows of childhood. It’s a beautiful piece that reminisces childhood memories as a adult, and it perfectly fits the message of this episode.

In terms of the story, still not a big fan of Reiko and the sequence of her repeated attempts climbing Mt. Fuji on her cub seemed a bit over-dramatic at times, but other than that, this episode zoomed past. Really nice episode again.

Well done staff, especially the dedicated Music staff!
May 5, 2021 10:53 AM

Dec 2020
this episode broke the awkwardness seen between the two girls. it put a smile on my face after watching it
May 5, 2021 11:26 AM

May 2015
This is by far the best new show this season, cant wait for Wednesdays
May 5, 2021 12:05 PM

Oct 2020
I'll be honest, up till now I found the show incredibly boring and very slow-paced and just felt like a stretched out ad. I understand its appeal but I never caught on. Prior to this episode, I had given Super Cub a 2.

This was supremely better. We need more Reiko. It was interesting and held my attention. +3 points just because of Reiko's side story. Hope it keeps it up.

✧ THE NIGHT SHONE UPON TWO, ME & YOU ✧ FORUM SET BY:SAINTZEPH

May 5, 2021 12:06 PM

Mar 2014
wow dude living alone in a wooden mansion, whereas i still remember i lived in a broken dorm with 14 people for middle school.
May 5, 2021 12:08 PM

Sep 2019
I bet that bearded man is the guy who climbed to Mount Fuji.
May 5, 2021 12:21 PM

Apr 2021
The change of soundtrack style was fun. Reiko ain't do no Debussy.

Swagernator said:
Dude Reiko's living the dream she literally lives in a house thats actually a garage .. or is it a garage thats actually a house ? ...

My thoughts exactly. I want a log cabin with a vehicle entrance into the living room.

Also Koguma's thoughts of riding up the Fuji reminded me of A Place Further than the Universe. I wouldn't be surprised if the season culminated in an attempted group ride up the mountain.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenMay 8, 2021 7:32 AM
May 5, 2021 12:35 PM

Nov 2016
This went from comfy slice of life to corny sports shounen lol

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 5, 2021 12:41 PM

Dec 2018
Koguma cooks dinner for her little wife. Talked mostly about Reikos summer and her attempt to climb a mountain with her bike

Reiko didn't want her girlfriend to go home and rather spend the night with her. Awwwww I think she is in love and wants her girlfriend to be there. And I bet there were a lot of lesbian kissing after they turn off the lights,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Good episode

Yuri-CrusaderMay 5, 2021 12:54 PM
May 5, 2021 1:07 PM

Dec 2009
Walls... Reiko feels confined within walls... Because on the other side, there are... TITANS. Joking. ... And my mind goes to AOT, this wall reference without any real connection between the two series made me smile. LOL. I'm just tired, forgive me ^^"

So, this episode was awesome! Reiko should switch to motocross, it would suit her!

Yuri-Crusader said:

Haha. :) If it were two guys instead, my reaction would be exactly the same as yours!

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenMay 8, 2021 7:33 AM
May 5, 2021 1:24 PM

Aug 2020
So in this episode we take a look at Reiko's journey through Mount Fuji. I hope she goes to the top someday, along with her friends! She and Koguma were so cute sleeping! I liked the changing of perspective, and the way the story was still interesting by another character's vision.

The OST is so good... I had to say it once more.

May 5, 2021 1:38 PM

Jul 2016
Yuri-Crusader said:
Reiko didn't want her girlfriend to go home and rather spend the night with her. Awwwww I think she is in love and wants her girlfriend to be there. And I bet there were a lot of lesbian kissing after they turn off the lights,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

I was hoping for the same, but this show has zero yuri vibe... unfortunately.
May 5, 2021 2:11 PM

Feb 2014
If there's one word I could come up with to sum up Reiko's Summer adventure, it was be "determination".

It's nice to see how her ambition to drive her cub up to the summit of Mt Fuji led to her taking a part time job that lets her do trail checks, but it was her strong drive of determination to keep on going, no matter how many times she misjudged the trail, hitting rocks that launched her off her cub.

Despite that, she kept on going and going and you can sense that determination within her even more. Sadly, it was not meant to be as she suffered one fall too many and it was one which damaged her engine, hence why it looked like it was "bleeding".

The log cabin she stays in looks really cool, as she can wheel her cub into the living room/workshop, which is very handy. You can easily tell how much fun she had telling Koguma about her adventure and she was eager to help when Koguma told her that she wants to get a full motorbike license.

Great episode once more and on a bonus note, while it probably won't beat Yuru Camp in the scenery section, but this episode did give us some stunning views of Mt Fuji, as well as the scenic view that surrounds Mt Fuji, too.
May 5, 2021 2:12 PM

Jul 2016
Kimurah said:
This show never ceases to surprise me with it's bland and out of the left field stories.

Reiko not only gets money out of nowhere to buy pricy upgrades for a cheap Cub, but also has that kind of money to have a bachelor pad out in the middle of nowhere with all of it's utilities.

I expected her to be the more level headed kind of rider, but she's just a reckless teen with a death wish based on pretty much nothing (aside from very "anime" drive of doing something for the sake of proving themselves something nobody questioned in the first place)

It made me cringe so hard for her delusional dream to climb Mt Fuji in a supercub (despite that the series claimed someone has done such a reckless endeavor). My biggest pet peeve with this show is that it fails to provide evidence that their characters have had proper bike training that justify their achivements out on the streets and on dangerous terrian like a steep mountain climb without any of the basic motocross wear like elbow & knee pads, proper boots and a full chest protector. And worse of all on a supercub rather than a proper motocross bike with navi tires, a proper monoshock suspension and a longer front suspension. This show goes avobe and beyond on Honda advertising for pretty much no real reason. Maybe the series should be labeled as fantasy if it keeps going with such BS advertising.

At this point I'm just sticking with the series and see if the third girl will be a more believeable character.

You seem to know what you are talking about, so I'm wondering how hard is it for Reiko to actually ride that uphill 'road'? I doesn't look that steep and it seems she is going too fast to be able to react or steer around the rocks. It seems that if she goes slower and picks better lines, and doesn't get distracted by the scenery, it isn't that hard to make it to the top. And obviously she is using the wrong kind of 'bike' but I feel that a better stance or body positioning would go a long way (based on my experience with downhill mountain biking).
May 5, 2021 2:34 PM

Apr 2015
Fantastic episode!

Reiko is one reckless idiot but I love her for it. Her determination of climbing Mt Fuji with a Cub was something I can admire. I am surprised that after all those times she crashed her Cub, that she didn't sustain any injury (somewhat relatable) and that the Cub only broke on the final try.

I do love the choice of music used for these scenes, I feel that it fits Reiko's character perfectly.

"If you climb Mt Fuji once, you're a wise man, only a fool would climb it with a Cub!"

I hate to admit it, but the idea of climbing Mt Fuji on a mountainbike sounds a lot more appealing now.

That was a really nice story of what Reiko did in her summer vacation and I love that Koguma was able to spend some time with Reiko at her place, with an overnight stay as well. The moment where Koguma makes this friendly burn towards Reiko, saying that her Cub would have made it to the summit of Mt Fuji, cracked me up. I love this developing friendship!!

The scenery is gorgeous

CeddyyBearrMay 5, 2021 2:42 PM
May 5, 2021 2:39 PM
Jun 2020
That episode suddenly went up through the gears. Quite a surprise.
May 5, 2021 2:48 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
So, do they only talk about cubs with each other? Not that I'm particularly complaining but I wonder how much they can do that without the topic getting old.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
May 5, 2021 3:19 PM

Sep 2007
Reiko looked at mount Fuji and thought "yeah, I could climb that motherf*cker with a Cub"

She could've worn protection pads, at least. That looked pointlessly painful.
May 5, 2021 4:27 PM

Jul 2015
What kind of shounen training arc was this episode
May 5, 2021 4:34 PM

Dec 2014
Well if anyone wasn't convinced Reiko was awesome, this episode should. Reiko is awesome!

I love that she tried to climb Mt.Fuji on a Cub though I question the danger and safety involved in attempting it. She definitely need way better gear and likely a better ride. Still, applaud the determination.

I loved how Koguma mentioned that her cub would have made it to the top. xD
May 5, 2021 4:39 PM

Sep 2017
Bit of a different episode than usual. The music was way too high energy "epic gamer" for what was on screen lmao. I wonder tho why some of the times she fell she just didn't keep going. Of course maybe she did but eventually wiped out too much and got tired/bike got too messed up. Hard to tell with how it was cut. Pretty solid ep anyway.
May 5, 2021 4:41 PM
Feb 2021
While I like the Reiko character, the episode was not great by any means. She must be a very lousy rider to not be able to make it up that not very steep dirt road. And geez, look where you're going, Sweetie.

I did like that their relationship seems to be advancing from acquaintances to actual friends.

Dang, nice place for a high school to have for herself. Who's paying it for that? Does she have an OnlyFans account we'll find out about next episode?
May 5, 2021 5:37 PM

Jun 2017
off-season said:
The change of soundtrack style was fun. Reiko ain't do no Debussy.

She did do Debussy (Reverie) before that, while she was researching.

May 5, 2021 6:33 PM
Mar 2020
my body was clenched the entire time Reiko scaled the mountain. Like honest to god.

It's good to see she came out unscathed but holy fuck
May 5, 2021 7:05 PM
May 2020
REIKO IS A WAIFUU!!!

May 5, 2021 7:33 PM

Jan 2020
I'm glad Reiko got such a important role in this awesome episode. The friendship between the two of them seems to be getting better and better and I'm enjoying the ride

May 5, 2021 7:39 PM

Jan 2021
I’m glad Reiko got more spotlight in this episode. Hopefully she one day makes it to the top
under”Mebius” is my salvation

May 5, 2021 9:04 PM
Mar 2021
Reiko's summer story. She wants to climb Mount Fuji using her super cub like she reads in books. She fell many times and her super cub broke. I salute Reiko's character who wants to achieve something she wants.
May 5, 2021 9:11 PM

Dec 2020
reiko's even more of a badass than i thought. climbing mount fuji with a cub, insane but indeed its not impossible, as she was just a little bit off from the top.

koguma is also smiling and talking a lot more, its so nice. wondering when we're gonna meet the third main character, i think she's the popular girl that always has lunch with the girls who asks reiko to have lunch with them. hope we can see her next ep :D
May 5, 2021 9:18 PM

Mar 2021
This episode really lost me. A (likely)17 year old kid trying to ride up Mt Fuji on a former mail bike with no resistance is a little over the top for the tone that's been established so far. Good grief, the liability the foreman guy was exposing himself to defies belief. Oh well, I'll probably like next week's episode better.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2021

169 by TangyTea »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2021

113 by Neezam2024 »»
Apr 8, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2021

105 by KoreNore »»
Mar 28, 2:07 PM

» So how many episodes did you make it before buying a Super Cub?

Skarker25 - Apr 24, 2021

49 by BoltPosts »»
Mar 11, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2021

125 by hoanghyun »»
Feb 18, 7:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.