Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 21, 2021 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I actually like Koguma's relationship and chemistry with Reiko in this show. It's kinda awkward but oddly entertaining.

I really think these two will be friends for a long time. Keep that smile up, Koguma!
Apr 21, 2021 7:29 AM

Apr 2020
Koguma upgraded her cub, and I really liked it when Koguma smiled at her cub.

The googles look good on Koguma, Koguma and Reiko start talking to each other in class.
Apr 21, 2021 8:07 AM

Apr 2010
The good thing about the Cub is that they have been produced for a long time and it's the most produced motorized vehicle by a long shot this means that getting parts or aftermarket accessories is easy and cheap.
And in this case people even had them lying around which helped out greatly.

For the helmet part they are usually pretty expensive a ECE rated helmet starts at about 100 Euro but if you want a good one thats comfortable you are looking at three or four times that and if you want the best you can even go over 1000 Euro's.

It's good that the main is starting to drive a bit faster and also decided to cover her eyes the wind can get really annoying but it's worse when some gets into your eye at high speed, you can get serious eye damage that way.
So protecting your eyes is good.
Apr 21, 2021 8:26 AM
Jul 2018
was another really nice episode, koguma got some new stuff and looks like her relationship with the other cub girl going well too. some cool locations and stuff too, cant wait to see more.
Apr 21, 2021 8:26 AM

Apr 2016
Let us just ask Goggles, goggles has all the answers.

Also yeah, it aint stupid if it works. But i cant wait to see them go on some big trip or something.
SwagernatorApr 21, 2021 8:30 AM
Apr 21, 2021 8:27 AM

Feb 2019
No interest in motorbikes yet I am somehow enjoying this show a lot. to the point i've even looked up used super cubs in my area.

Did also lead me to binge Bakuon.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Apr 21, 2021 8:30 AM

Jul 2017
3 episodes in, and the visual storytelling is STILL impeccable IMO, what a true ride of Koguma's life slowly changing as time passes.

The Cub-ly enthusiastic Reiko helping Koguma to add spare parts (a.k.a a luggage box) out of another stripped-down Super Cub, plus others who drove Super Cubs before into her very own, giving it a new facelift. The extent of help is much needed.

Problem is, with an open-face helmet like that, Koguma's face (not to mention her sight) is blinded by the incoming winds when trying to go faster than normal, and visors (or face shields) are pretty much a necessity for motorcyclists, though safety goggles are a good and cheap alternative.

Koguma's grin-turned-smiles are so cute and lovely...finding the sole joy in her life to drive a Super Cub is precious and making friends of Reiko, lead the way to find serenity and joy.

Apr 21, 2021 8:35 AM

Mar 2019
Still wholesome and realxing on another level. A simple Cub making her smile. No parents, no money, nothing but a cub and a fellow cub friend. Life can be so simple and shinny
Apr 21, 2021 8:40 AM
Feb 2021
Anyone else still wondering how she's getting money? Lol
Apr 21, 2021 8:41 AM

Feb 2019
Koguma upgrading her Cub was so satisfying to watch. I wonder how Cub sales are doing now that this show has started airing.

Reiko has been a great friend to Koguma early on. She’s been exactly what Koguma needs to get outside of her comfort zone.

The visual storytelling methods continue to be superb in the show, too.
Apr 21, 2021 8:43 AM
I don’t reply.

Oct 2017
I don't get this. Explain to me how she survives.

She says she has
No Money
No Parents

How does she get the money then to buy food, drinks, gasoline for her cub?

I'm utterly confused.
I don't reply to comments.
Apr 21, 2021 8:49 AM

Oct 2017
The smile on Koguma's face is so precious.

Another wholesome episode, I liked the interactions between Reiko and Koguma. They were short but sweet and meaningful. Also idk why but this episode kinda gave off season finale vibes.
Apr 21, 2021 8:51 AM

Jun 2019
Koguma is just too pure for this world. She just upgraded her cub with a luggage box and the smile gave us then was so cute. I love her so much. Reiko is a good girl. She's helping Koguma quite a lot now and they seem to be closer to each other as well.
This is just too wholesome. :3
Apr 21, 2021 8:53 AM

Apr 2014
Relaxing as always. Koguma's Cub got some useful upgrades with the storage box and the front basket.
Next episode a part-time job. She, finally, will able to make some more money to buy things she needs and also use them as the expense for future traveling.

Jesse_2001 said:

She says she has
No Money
No Parents

I'm utterly confused.

she can get the scholarship and the social welfare from the government. Or even her parent's life insurance money.
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 21, 2021 8:53 AM

Sep 2019
Jesse_2001 said:

She says she has
No Money
No Parents

I'm utterly confused.
That's just a metaphor, don't take everything at face value. Also Japan has some sort of system which helps kids like her financially untill certain age. Also there's insurance money too as @AkeZZZ mentioned.
Apr 21, 2021 8:58 AM

Feb 2020
Cute little upgrades. Now the Cub looks better than ever before. :)

SerafosJan 13, 3:19 AM
Apr 21, 2021 9:15 AM
Feb 2021
I really like this show. I’m just wondering if anyone knows how many episodes it will have? Could it just be one of those short, 6-ish episode shows?
Apr 21, 2021 9:20 AM

May 2019
The story telling with art, classical music, monotone colour pallet.. each and every scene is soo memorial.. i shivered and my eyes were wet because i was so happy. This anime feels very real.
Apr 21, 2021 9:23 AM

Jan 2011
This made me love this episode.

Apr 21, 2021 9:39 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Now she has more storage place on her cub and she has a protection for her eyes, that's great, and that ending was VERY heartwarming, first time getting a friend's number or more like first timing getting a friend, that was really cute.
Apr 21, 2021 9:52 AM
Discord Moderator
Feb 2014
I like the progression of the story, the friendship between Koguma and Reiko, very wholesome.
Apr 21, 2021 10:17 AM
Feb 2021
aydentheweeb said:
I said the same thing in ep 2 😭 but I just said let me not worry about trivial things and get relaxed.
Apr 21, 2021 10:19 AM
Feb 2021
yuurieru said:
aydentheweeb said:
I said the same thing in ep 2 😭 but I just said let me not worry about trivial things and get relaxed.
Perhaps we'll find out next week! Lol
Apr 21, 2021 10:37 AM
Feb 2021
She got her phone number LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!
Apr 21, 2021 10:40 AM

Jul 2017
aydentheweeb said:
yuurieru said:

Government gives you money if you have no parents but only for your basic needs, so you dont get much.
Apr 21, 2021 10:50 AM

Apr 2021
What breakneck speed, like the story itself is suddenly up to 30km/h.
Apr 21, 2021 11:01 AM

Mar 2013
It's going so slowly, which is to be expected but I'm wondering what episode the third girl (Eniwa, Shiii) is coming in. Koguma's reaction seem so delayed and alien at times to normal conversations. Reiko will drop convo-starts and Koguma will take a few secs and just go on about something different lol. I would feel awkward being her friend but Reiko seems completely at ease. Interesting dynamic, I look forward to seeing it develop
Apr 21, 2021 11:19 AM
May 2016
I may have said this somewhere already but I luv how calm this anime is. Emptiness filled with Cub and nature. So nice.
Apr 21, 2021 11:25 AM

Aug 2018
Koguma and Reiko's relationship is pretty fun to watch. This show portrays well the awkwardness of an extrovert trying to make friends with a super introvert. It's cute how Reiko is patient and doesn't mind her shyness.
Apr 21, 2021 11:50 AM

Apr 2021
ConceitedModesty said:
Why is her friend always shunning her every morning when she gets in class, but always invites her outside of class where no one is? Can someone explain this to me lol? Is she embarrassed of her or something?

My interpretation is that she's such a total bike geek that she's oblivious to situations that don't directly involve them. There might be a role reversal brewing in there so that at some point Koguma's going to be the one explaining basic stuff.
Apr 21, 2021 12:04 PM

Dec 2013
Reiko is the perfect type of person that Koguma needed to start to change her life, little by little finding meaning in life.
Apr 21, 2021 12:17 PM

Jan 2020
Ah, that's why she couldn't go over 20, I think you're really interested in something when you dream about it, I'm happy for her.
I dislike little fanservice, if I can call it that, but it's hardly noticeable. I think it is on the right track to be an excellent slice of life anime in its genre.

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Apr 21, 2021 12:25 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Kogami's smile made my day :D
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Apr 21, 2021 1:01 PM

Sep 2019
That piano at the end was amazing. Seeing that dude's goggles inspired her to buy his goggles instead of the expensive ones, seeing her smile made me happy.
Apr 21, 2021 1:03 PM

May 2020
Every time she smiles it makes me smile too. You can tell that she's really proud of her Cub, and that's really sweet.

Also, I feel really excited and happy when she got those parts to upgrade her Cub.
Apr 21, 2021 1:09 PM

Dec 2016
Meh. This show goes so every often for contrived and convenient writing.

Oh here, a random nameless professor just happened to overhear you got a cub and he just hands you a free frontal basket with all the attachments needed. You want a top case? no problem, the rich girl knows some other nameless guy that throw away his for just some snacks, no questions asked. Also, why the hell did they walk all the way into wherever the guy giving the top case for free, rather than ridding over there? You're telling me that 2 girls walked all the way back to the school premises carrying a heavy and bulky metallic top case?
Apr 21, 2021 1:30 PM

Jul 2015
PROTEC that smile!!

Apr 21, 2021 1:52 PM

Feb 2014
Man, the level of wholesomeness for this series has been turned up a notch and I'm glad for it, too! =3

Reiko might be too into her book reading to give anything more than a "mhmm" to Koguma each morning, but once lessons are over, she's always around Koguma, as her fellow friend and Cub enthusiast who wants to help out. She went out of her way with her links to help get Koguma and storage box and a front basket for her Cub.

However, Koguma didn't want to over at 30kph due to the increased wind resistance hitting her exposed face, so she and Reiko searched on "goggles" (the answer was in front of them the whole time!) to look up different wind shields for helmets, before Koguma had the inspiration from a builder in the library to buy safety goggles instead and for a good price, too.

The end result after all of that was a Koguma, now travelling faster and more confidently as well as having Reiko's phone number, being more satisfied than ever that she even had a dream of herself riding on her Cub.

Seriously, the smiles she gave off in this episode is something that's worth protecting with your whole life. This cinnamon roll deserves a lot of happiness, bless her. ^_^
Apr 21, 2021 1:54 PM

Aug 2020
What an amazing episode. Kogami's smile was very cute, and I loved the scene where she was buying the goggles, very cute.

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

Apr 21, 2021 2:12 PM

Aug 2014
This could have been the final episode of the whole thing and I would have been satisfied. Shows how good this anime has been. Loved seeing our girl Smiling a lot this episode and her life becoming more colorful and happy
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Apr 21, 2021 2:17 PM

Apr 2015
This show just keeps on delivering week after week.

The relationship progression between Koguma and Reiko is so nicely done, slow but steady she opens up towards Reiko. Their dynamic right now is such a pleasant watch.

It was so lovely to see that Koguma was able to give her Cub some small upgrades, the storage box and the front basket. The best part of the upgrades was Koguma wanting to go faster but the wind resistance also increased as she was speeding up, so she wanted a windprotector. I love how Reiko brought her to the school PC and it said "Goggles" instead of google and what did she get in the end, Goggles... Smart!

The changes in Koguma are still so pleasant to experience and that goofy smile, man I can't get enough of it. So heartwarming and precious. Right now this is by far AOTS for me.
Apr 21, 2021 2:54 PM

Jan 2013
I bought a Rebel 250 yesterday after watching the first 2 eps of Super Cub. I wanted to get a Super Cub but it was outside of my price range. Despite having never drove a motorcycle before, I could relate too much with Koguma and her lack of any genuine hobbies, that monotonous grind. I've been smiling a lot the last 2 days and riding it a lot around the area. It's really fun. Super Cub is the best seasonal anime, watching Koguma have the biggest smile while zooming around on her Super Cub ahhh, comfy. Pic related, Rebel 250.
https://i.imgur.com/cKdwFxX.jpg

Apr 21, 2021 3:36 PM

Sep 2011
I love this show because I felt like Koguma when I got my first car. And had relationships with fellow drivers like the one she has with Reiko. Exactly the same: you love that car/cub/whatever, and you just want someone to have fun and share these feelings with the same interest and passion. Then, before you realize it, you become friends.

The progression of the story, the visual storytelling (character movements and facial expressions, camera angles and shots), the slow but firm character development is wholesome. And the heartwarming component is top. Although as Kimura said before in another post this show has a lot of convenient writing and still lacks Koguma's backstory (very important to know why she acts and lives the way she does), the fact it feels so real for me makes it one of the best anime of the year so far.
Apr 21, 2021 3:57 PM

Sep 2017
It's so wholesome watching how genuinely happy she gets over the simple upgrades to her "setup."|
Apr 21, 2021 4:50 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Ohh, I would've never thought of using goggles, lol. It's light and works for blocking the wind. I'm guessing it doesn't rain often there, since that would definitely not be sufficient on rainy days. I 100% needed the face shield since it rained a lot where I lived in Taiwan :') Also the wind can kind of dry out your skin, so I always had the face shield down even with normal weather.

But anyways, another comfy episode. There definitely are a lot of plot conveniences, but I think Koguma deserves all the luck coming her way. I do wonder why they didn't ride their Cubs to bike repair place though, but I suppose it would've been inappropriate (or weird?) to install the container there. I think I just answered my own question.

Next episode is about a part-time job...things are really changing in Koguma's life, I'm happy for her :)
Apr 21, 2021 6:57 PM

Feb 2019
That last monologue was more emotional and effective than every motorbike propaganda in the world.
Apr 21, 2021 7:01 PM
May 2020
THOSE SMILES!! MUST PROTECT!!

Apr 21, 2021 7:25 PM

Dec 2016
Ozean said:
That last monologue was more emotional and effective than every motorbike propaganda in the world.

"You meet the nicest people on a Honda" Honda's slogan. Honda has sold 100 million supercubs to this day.

How many cubs has Kaguma sold with her soliloqui? or how many people's lives has she changed with those words?
Apr 21, 2021 7:46 PM
Feb 2021
LewdLamia said:
aydentheweeb said:

Government gives you money if you have no parents but only for your basic needs, so you dont get much.
aaaaaaand that makes a lot of sense lel
Apr 21, 2021 7:46 PM

Feb 2019
Kimurah said:
Ozean said:

"You meet the nicest people on a Honda" Honda's slogan. Honda has sold 100 million supercubs to this day.

How many cubs has Kaguma sold with her soliloqui? or how many people's lives has she changed with those words?
Bruh it was only a joke, just laugh.
noirblumenApr 21, 2021 7:55 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2021

105 by KoreNore »»
Mar 28, 2:07 PM

» So how many episodes did you make it before buying a Super Cub?

Skarker25 - Apr 24, 2021

49 by BoltPosts »»
Mar 11, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2021

125 by hoanghyun »»
Feb 18, 7:49 AM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2021

277 by N_Hawke »»
Feb 16, 4:59 AM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2021

67 by kitoha »»
Jan 11, 8:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.