Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 6, 2021 8:47 PM

Jul 2016
Honestly, I don't know why I thought Ren Sohma would look like an old hag when it's Fruits Basket what we are talking about here. I mean, she may be as crazy as Akito but damn does she look HOT.
But seriously tho. How creepy it must have been for a woman who had sex with her husband the night before to suddenly have four kids caressing her belly right in the next day.

Man... we sure started this third season with some heavy angst right from the get go, heh? Kureno told Tohru about Akito being a girl all along and about the complicated relationship she has with her hot af mother. In the end, it was no surprise seeing poor Tohru breaking down in tears after realizing things between Kureno and Arisa are far from getting the happy conclusion she wanted.

This said, I was so glad to see Hana-chan casually passing by and deciding to take Tohru to her home. Seeing Megumi again was also pretty nice, by the way. Anyways, seeing Tohru blaming herself for not being able to help Arisa was indeed sad but Hana-chan comforting her and even bringing Arisa to reassure her she wasn't useless and that she did what she could was so heartwarming. I'm sure I already said it countless of times before but the friendship these girls share is just so precious to see.
On a side note, Hana expressing her own worries about Tohru's tendency to put others before herself sure worried me too. Hopefully, when the time comes for Tohru to confront her own hidden emotions, she won't be alone to deal with them.

Now as for Ren, she sure seems as obsessed with bonds as her crazy daughter. She ordered that Akito were raised as a boy for some reason and has a quite different approach regarding what "bonds" are real and which ones are fake. Thus her recurrent clashes with Akito's ideology of Zodiac bonds being the truest expression of love.
The narrative also gave some hints about Akito's deceased father, Akira, so I look forward to seeing what role he played during his daughter's childhood.
Apr 6, 2021 9:17 PM
Jan 2020
I enjoyed the episode , we right back at the moment where akito's revealed to be a whaman , tohru got depressed and stuff and hanajima and co. had to cheer her up , loved the episode and hope that a sequel gets adapted when the anime is finished
Apr 6, 2021 10:43 PM
May 2016
I enjoy any episode with Hana-chan she's the best. Why wasn't Arisa and the Soma guy Koikimo? ;P

Poor KIsa they make it look like she's farting in the OP.

Apr 7, 2021 1:47 AM

Jun 2019
About Akito...I think the most I can do for her is pity her. No sad tragic backstory can justify her actions towards the zodiac members and Torhu. Unless they surprise me at the end...we'll just have to see.

They never disappoint when it comes to the OP's and ED's huh? And the amazing ost I will never get sick of <3
Apr 7, 2021 4:20 AM
May 2015
Who is the blonde in the opening song at 01:56 to 02:03. And then in the ending at 23:11 to 23:15. An aged up Momiji???
ShanaStraussApr 7, 2021 4:23 AM
Apr 7, 2021 5:27 AM
Sep 2015
I love my supportive little goth children so much!!!

Overall it was a good episode, I already got a bit emotional so I know this season is going to wreck me. Still do not care for Akito even if she is the victim of abuse as well, but oh well I will see how it is done. Otherwise the atmosphere, animation and sound design were all top notch. Really love the opening this season in particular visually. So excited.
Apr 7, 2021 3:28 PM
Jun 2015
Ohh this is finally starting. The parts I wanted to be animated will be there son. Can't wait.

Except that dramatic choking part, a great beginning. Loved it.
Apr 7, 2021 4:55 PM

Apr 2016
The new opening is a dud. Detailed, photorealistic backgrounds simply don't mesh well with relatively solid color cartoon characters pasted on top. Also doesn't help that it looks like the characters were sliding across the backgrounds.

So...

You know, I couldn't tell at the time who was who was watching Torhu and Kureno. There are four different girls with black eyes and long black hair in this series. Was it Torhu's goth friend? The horse Souma girl? Akito? Akito's mom? (Yes, it was made clear in another scene, but my point stands).

Well, I'm glad that Torhu didn't say "but, no! You have real bonds with each other!". Torhu is the least interesting character in this series. "You're so special because you care so much about others!"

Awwww, cute art of Kisa x Hiro and their baby. I presume this takes place after the series ends?

Apr 7, 2021 4:56 PM

Jul 2012
Ok, here we go, the beginning of the end!

Great first episode! I'm glad that we're learning more about Akito.

Oh, and both the OP and ED are beautiful, as usual with FuruBa.
Apr 8, 2021 5:37 AM

Jun 2015
ffs. I had a reply and was typing for a while then hit a mouse button and it was wiped out. So in summary:

Amazing episode, emotionally invested, big reveals around Akitio which explains a lot from previous season.

Probably best show this season!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 8, 2021 6:47 AM
May 2020
I really did like this first episode. Seeing Tohru crying over everything she found out and how that will affect Arisa and Kureno's relationship was sad, and also reminded viewers how big of a heart she has.

I like that we are getting more information on Akito and how she ended up like this. I don't like her, but I do understand her behavior. Her mother is just as annoying and troublesome as she is.

Loved the scarf scene, and the moment between Kyo and Tohru at the end.
Apr 8, 2021 9:14 AM

Nov 2016
How to make us symphatize with Akito more? Right, introduce a bigger bitch. Writing 101 xD

A shame that this part will have only 12 episodes, but I'm still all in for another emotional ride.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 8, 2021 10:14 AM

Feb 2010
SailorVeki said:
You'll have to wait until the end of Furuba and then also read Furuba Another. ;) I still hate Akito even after knowing everything (I have read Furuba and Furuba Another). BTW, I love your Forum Avatar & Signature, it's so pretty. <3 Where's that girl from?

Sorry for late reply, I see, but will she actually pay for what she did? at least to Rin this b*tch literally wants to kill her. Thanks! this from the game called Seven Knights, it's a mobile gacha game...

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Apr 8, 2021 11:42 AM

Feb 2017
Good to have the show back.

I didn't like all that about Akito and the new character Ren, her mother. No matter how much the show tries I won't start liking Akito, I won't budge. She has done so much shit in the past 50 episodes I can't overlook it. I don't care.

That said I liked the rest of the episode. Just love the vibe of Hanajima siblings. Wish they would appear more, especially Saki! Was also nice to have bit of Toru and Kyon towards the end. Always appreciate their interactions no matter how small.
Apr 8, 2021 7:21 PM

Jan 2019
Perhaps an unpopular opinion, hard to say by reading the thread, but I really enjoyed the OP. The characters are shaded probably to really mesh into the photo realistic backgrounds (at least on my first viewing).

And its clear the budget doesn't stop there- that spinning camera shot around Kyo on the bridge was marvelous.

I'm hype for this!
Apr 9, 2021 3:01 AM

May 2016
Such a perfect ride so far don't rush it studio I can wait more for 2nd cour.

Man the warm feelings I felt this episode were not less than what I feel at
finale episodes, a train of emotion gushed up inside my chest, Fruits Basket doesn't
joke around. 5/5
Apr 9, 2021 6:02 PM

Nov 2015
Valyrian1124 said:
The new opening is a dud. Detailed, photorealistic backgrounds simply don't mesh well with relatively solid color cartoon characters pasted on top. Also doesn't help that it looks like the characters were sliding across the backgrounds.

So...

You know, I couldn't tell at the time who was who was watching Torhu and Kureno. There are four different girls with black eyes and long black hair in this series. Was it Torhu's goth friend? The horse Souma girl? Akito? Akito's mom? (Yes, it was made clear in another scene, but my point stands).

Well, I'm glad that Torhu didn't say "but, no! You have real bonds with each other!". Torhu is the least interesting character in this series. "You're so special because you care so much about others!"

Awwww, cute art of Kisa x Hiro and their baby. I presume this takes place after the series ends?

I'm under the assumption that's Hiro's sibling.
Apr 10, 2021 1:00 PM

Sep 2018
Loved that op on the first listen. It's hard to beat eden but this Ed was fine.
Kureno such a good man. :(
Apr 12, 2021 1:44 AM
Jan 2018
Usa1288 said:
I just have a question for the people who have watched the first episode. Is there a Kyo and Thoru scene in this episode?

Yes there is but it's in the last 5 minutes.
Apr 14, 2021 7:40 PM

Dec 2013
Poor Tohru got frozen by these revelations.

Akito's mother might be even a worse person that Akito is and that's saying a lot.
Apr 15, 2021 10:47 PM

Jul 2012
Tohru has some good friends around her.
Apr 19, 2021 1:29 AM
Aug 2020
Scrolled through the comments to find out if anyone mentioned the new OP and ED, but got tired of looking.

Seems like they've aged up some of the characters - I had to pause it for a second because I couldn't figure out who the blonde guy was... and then I realized it was an aged-up Momiji. Wondering if this means this season will have a time skip?
tinywoodenrobotApr 19, 2021 1:32 AM
Apr 29, 2021 3:04 PM

Aug 2017
Ren is more crazier than Akito is lol. I wonder if Akito was going to receive a happy ending or not after everything that she caused. It tries too hard by shifting the blame onto her mother. I hope I'm wrong at the end and she receives her punishment.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 3, 2021 6:51 PM
May 2021
Nurguburu said:
Ren is more crazier than Akito is lol. I wonder if Akito was going to receive a happy ending or not after everything that she caused. It tries too hard by shifting the blame onto her mother. I hope I'm wrong at the end and she receives her punishment.

Yeah, that's a real weak cop out by the writers. They spent too long building her up as an irredeemable POS, and there's not enough episodes left to try and salvage it now. After episode 4, I quit... you can just tell they're going to keep this same go-nowhere formula for another 8 episodes or so and then Tohru will hug her and that will be our big payoff. Sad.
May 4, 2021 9:00 AM

Dec 2020
a new season, the Final season !! a little peak into akito's story, which i can feel somewhat sympathy towards it but still can't like her since i can't dismiss the horrible things she did.
op is rly nice !! not a fan of the filter they put but i still like it overall, same with ed. and what the fuck is that momiji
May 4, 2021 9:01 AM

Dec 2020
MenchiK1 said:

FAWKKKK THATS HILARIOUS OH MY GOD
May 4, 2021 3:47 PM

Mar 2010
Damn what a powerful episode. I wanted Tohru with her pure heart say something to Kureno, but damn even then when a unstoppable force meets a immovable object only silence is the only option.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 11, 2021 3:44 AM

Oct 2007
don't care about Akito, so the first 10 minutes is trash. Kureno (due to the mental disorder of being too kind) who cling like a magnet to toxic person like Akito is one of the main source of drama in this show. At this point, I simple would rejoice if Akito and drama king Kureno both met horrible deaths. Where is truck-kun when you need him?

sweet when Kyo picked up the scarf for Tohru. :)
Liddo-kunMay 11, 2021 4:42 AM
May 12, 2021 11:37 AM
May 2021
The episode is very very beautiful
May 13, 2021 11:44 AM
Feb 2018
Hearing again “I will become a cat” ost is priceless
May 17, 2021 2:30 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
This felt like episode 26 of Fruits Basket S2. xD
But I m glad they continue from where it was left, and it is already going all fucked up, now that the cat is out of the bag I guess Akito's mom can finally do all her fuckery.

Felt so warm when Tohru was with Arisa and Saki~~

Dunno what I feel about that OP, all the more now that we know we won't see an OP2...
Unlike the OP, the ED was really sweet, so at least that.

lizzziziz said:
MenchiK1 said:

FAWKKKK THATS HILARIOUS OH MY GOD

LMAO
May 26, 2021 9:26 PM

Jan 2021
i am here now because i can no longer take waiting, even though i wanted to binge the season all at once.

already, super powerful.

i really like Kureno a LOT more in the anime than I did reading the manga. Originally, he was very emotionless. I mean I know he wasn't deep down, he's a great character, but I hated his expressionless face lol.
Jun 3, 2021 8:32 AM

Apr 2020
The visuals of the op were so stunning, daaammn

Phenomenal start. Love this season already
Jun 20, 2021 6:27 PM
Nov 2020
This anime series is a good one indeed.. Bu what's not satisfying is that i was hoping that Tohro will end up with Yuki but instead end up wit Kyo🤧🤧🤧 m relly not satisfied wit it🤧🤧
Jul 10, 2021 3:27 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
A mediocre start. Tohru doesn't do shit for me, and neither does her crying or her pain. Please give more focus to other characters. Thanks.

2/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jul 12, 2021 9:51 AM

Dec 2012
Only one episode in and I've already teared up, clutched my chest in agony, and then smiled ear to ear in joy within the same 20 minutes. Fruits Basket just does it all.
Sep 12, 2021 1:42 AM

Jul 2015
Even though Ren is right on the bonds between Akito and zodiacs being wrong, she still is as much of a nutjob as her daughter.

Sep 19, 2021 1:07 AM
Dec 2016
Unkrowned said:
Even though Ren is right on the bonds between Akito and zodiacs being wrong, she still is as much of a nutjob as her daughter.

The way I always think about it is. Ren is right but she doesn’t know she’s right. She’s not actually basing her statements off of anything (she doesn’t know about kureno) she’s saying them to hurt akito. Not because she actually knows anything
Nov 20, 2021 8:39 PM

Mar 2013
The new OP was very nice as it gives all or most of the characters and finally, we got Machi in the OP! >.< OwO

I didn't think Akito would go that far, wait, maybe I did. She threw her mom or mother outside and then, you know the rest... ...we finally get to see some explanations from Kureno.

When Tooru was on the verge of being destroyed by the weight of... idk, I'm glad Saki swooped in and saved her! Wooo. We also got a conclusion from Kureno and Arisa's relationship or friendship... Maybe they were never meant to be... >.<

It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Dec 15, 2021 1:09 PM

Dec 2007
amazing episode, and still thought there's lot to to this episode than it's shown.

kyou is the man!
Jan 8, 2022 6:00 AM
Oct 2013
No wonder Akito's so toxic, her mother is toxic too.
But still doesn't justify her behavior towards the member of 12 zodiac.

Jan 31, 2022 2:03 AM
Oct 2021
nice start, definitely going to be a ride of emotion
Mar 1, 2022 10:12 PM

Nov 2015
HURT PEOPLE HURT PEOPLE!!! I'm so glad I said it many many times before on the Fruits Basket forums... AKITO IS CLEARLY HURT BY HER MOM!! And Kureno's curse lifting didn't help, hehe.

I thought Kyo was going to get hit by a bus for a second... glad he wasn't!!

I get how Tohru feels, not being able to reach out sometimes sucks, but she does her best and has helped so many people (me included, hehe)!! :D <3
Apr 2, 2022 6:30 PM

May 2021
Hana-chan is MY hero.

MenchiK1 said:

Haha, lol.

May 13, 2022 7:06 PM
Oct 2021
Jul 26, 2022 5:59 PM

Jul 2016
MenchiK1 said:
I enjoy any episode with Hana-chan she's the best. Why wasn't Arisa and the Soma guy Koikimo? ;P

Lol. Very good grab.
Oct 31, 2022 8:38 AM

Jan 2021
Akito’s Mom is hot as hell I would smash with no hesitation

Nov 13, 2022 7:38 AM
Jul 2021
Я не смотрел 1 и 2 сезон , и мне серия не оченб то понравилась так что я думаю не буду продолжать смотреть 3 сезон имхо Выше мнение?
Dec 1, 2022 5:30 PM
Jul 2022
I really liked it!🥰👏🔥
Dec 25, 2022 5:18 AM
Dec 2022
Is ok but if is not so good like the people say.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2021

318 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:42 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2021

163 by FardinRimon »»
Apr 17, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2021

169 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 25, 9:06 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2021

165 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 25, 1:39 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2021

158 by Kris08 »»
Mar 5, 11:48 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.