Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 13, 2021 8:07 AM
Aug 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Got the chance to watch this episode early because of the live event.
The first episode adapted chapters 98 and 99.
No-op or ED I have to wait until it officially airs.

We are finally introduced to the mysterious person called Ren Sohma, Akito's mother, we also got a glimpse of Akira too. Akito and her mother aren't on good terms at all. We got a bit more into Akito's story but that's just the beginning.
That Akito choking Ren scene was too dramatic, I don't get why they went overboard with this.
We got Akira Ishida voicing Akira Sohma lol their name, what a coincidence.
The Zodiac curse gets more explanation in this episode too.
Tohru breaking down crying after hearing everything from Kureno. She's carrying too many burdens that girl needs a break or she might break one day. But no worries Saki and Megumi are there for her plus Arisa coming later.
Rin going back to the Sohma estate and bumped into Ren.

I'm gonna enjoy this season very much since it's my favorite part of the manga. And because we will get a lot of Akito and her story, I love her character.

Mar 13, 2021 9:23 AM

Mar 2019
It's noice to see our characters back again for one last time, the final season.

Things also starts right where the second left off: Tohru learns from Kureno that Akito is a girl...
I really wish that Arisa's dream will come true and that they can come together in the end...

We see Akito's mother for the very first time in the series

...and well they are very similar...but what Akito does to her own mother is unforgiveable imo.

Anyway, the last season looks very promising and it will be very interesting for sure.

(Eng sub is probably not out yet, I found this pre-air on the Chinese platform bilibili)
Mar 13, 2021 1:55 PM
Mar 2021
I just have a question for the people who have watched the first episode. Is there a Kyo and Thoru scene in this episode?
Mar 13, 2021 3:48 PM
Jan 2017
@TellaTez. I'm super impatient and I've already read the manga. Would you say that this first episode covers all of chapter 99? I really want to make sure the pacing is consistent here. I'm really hoping the anime's final season is 25 episodes long.
Mar 14, 2021 10:19 PM

Mar 2016
Usa1288 said:
I just have a question for the people who have watched the first episode. Is there a Kyo and Thoru scene in this episode?

The episode isn’t primarily focused on them, but there is a nice little moment between them near the end of the episode.
Mar 15, 2021 2:52 PM
Sep 2012
Just saw the first episode as I found it leaked on Nyaa with Chinese subs. Thought it was good! I was really worried for the possibility of only 12 episodes, but with the pacing of the first, I think it will be 24 :)
Mar 16, 2021 1:22 AM
Mar 2021
Judgment526 said:
Usa1288 said:

The episode isn’t primarily focused on them, but there is a nice little moment between them near the end of the episode.

Thank you so much. I really like Kyo and Thoru, so I appreciate every little moments between Them🙂
Mar 16, 2021 11:06 PM

Feb 2021

really excited about the final season! can tell it's going to be an emotional ride:<

don't find it necessary for the animation to have akito yeeting her mother out the door lol but other than that, everything is looking good so far! the scarf scene is executed beautifully and the scene of tohru, saki & arisa warms my heart:)
lcyicyyMar 16, 2021 11:12 PM
Mar 19, 2021 9:32 AM

Nov 2011
Dubs is up on Funimation. This is the first time I've seen the English dub version and the voices actually work pretty well for the cast.

Akito's personality in particular carried a good amount of emotional momentum in the first half. Nice to see the cast return again with Tohru, Yuki, Shigure, etc. It's a nice start for the final season imo as it reintroduces not just the main cast but also the Zodiacs.

I'm ready for another emotional ride.
Stark700Mar 19, 2021 9:53 AM
Mar 19, 2021 10:27 AM

Apr 2019
Amazing episode, my gosh I love Fruits Basket so much.

Mar 19, 2021 10:40 AM

Sep 2019
I was able to watch the early premiere release on Funimation and this was a pretty decent episode.

Ren Sohma is definitely going to make me throw hands most of the time but let’s see how it will go.

Now I have to wait for three weeks now for the second episode to be uploaded. (;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)
Mar 19, 2021 11:13 AM

Sep 2019
I didn't realise that I missed Fruits Basket this much until I started watching the episode. It strated right where the 2nd season lefted at.

Seeing Tooru cry always makes me sad and it did after they ended their conversation as well.

Akito's mom is HOT.

There was no OP/ED, I'm looking forward to listening to them both. It was a great start to this season.
Mar 19, 2021 11:26 AM
Jan 2021
My goodness...I didn't realize how eagerly I was anticipating the start of this final season. While watching this first episode (eps 0), I was surprised at the wide range of emotions I experienced. Soooo thankful that I get to experience this true masterpiece of story telling, animation, and voice acting.
Mar 19, 2021 11:57 AM

Sep 2017
Something about the english dub just hits different tbh
Mar 19, 2021 1:34 PM

Sep 2020
Fruit basket English dub is great might be better than sub 😋
ZXEANMar 22, 2021 4:30 AM
Mar 19, 2021 2:15 PM

Jul 2019
I've been waiting for so long, not just the year for the sake of another season, but to see it all finally be animated feels like a dream. When they announced this episode would release early, I was so excited and thought to myself "I can't wait! I'm so ready!" Yet, here I am after watching this episode, now stumbling over the fact that I'm not ready to see the rest of it, it's going to be such a ride and this episode already set the emotional bar for me. I don't think I'll ever be completely keen of Akito, but this was absolutely unfortunate to watch nevertheless.

I'm still looking forward to see the rest of it, but it's going to be a tough ride for me. This show is definitely one of my favourites and the manga has always been superbly important to me. I'm so grateful to all the work put into this remake.

What an episode, here's to the rest of the final season. <3
Hope is a powerless word but a magnificent emotion.
Mar 19, 2021 2:46 PM

Dec 2019
Amazing Episode am already crying, It feels like I been waiting to watch this episode forever..... Now I have to wait for three weeks for the second episode ;(
DreamxerMar 19, 2021 3:39 PM

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

Mar 19, 2021 5:07 PM
Nov 2017
I can't believe we're actually here at the end. I wish I could tell my younger self about this. I literally started crying when tohru did I've just been waiting for this for so long. Im so excited to see so many upcoming things animated
Mar 20, 2021 3:03 AM
Apr 2019
I'm so excited for the final season but I don't think I make myself week after week for new episodes to drop so I'm just going to wait for the entire season to finish airing and then binge watch it.

So does anyone know how many episodes is in this season? Just give me estimate.

I remember reading an article an English voice actor said that this series was supposed to have a total of 63 episodes but then he backtracked it. I did the math and I don't think 13 episodes is enough to cover what's left of the manga. I feel like it's going to be another 25 episode but I may be wrong.

Does anyone else have a theory?
Mar 20, 2021 5:33 AM
Bhaal babe

Jul 2015
Ok so I've already cried with this episode. I wish we didn't have to wait that much to the next one :(

Mar 20, 2021 8:15 PM

Dec 2018
I found a link and just watched.

The only fault in this one was that jump Akito did while holding Ren, kinda like the Kyo beating Tohru in True Form Arc.
Mar 21, 2021 4:14 PM

Sep 2008
Just found a means to see the early premiere of the first episode and have a comparison I whipped up covering differences between the anime and manga. As mentioned, Chapters 98 and 99 were adapted. There were some minor changes and additions made for the anime, including the early appearance of a scene not shown until a little later in the manga. But otherwise, here were differences I noticed in this episode:

-The opening scene with Tohru’s narration over God’s promise to the animals from the legend of the Chinese zodiac and the older Sohma shown younger was added for the anime.
-Additional dialogue was added to Tohru’s reaction to learning about Akito’s gender from Kureno.
-The anime added in the extra bit of Akito running while choking Ren by the neck.
-The anime removed a small bit of Kureno’s narration where he briefly paused in his story before explaining Akito’s conception from Ren and Akira.
-A bit showing the four older Sohma in their animal forms upon sensing Akito’s conception was added for the anime.
-While sobbing, Tohru’s recollection of Kureno, Arisa, and Akito considering Kureno’s present situation was removed from the anime.
-When Shigure tried to keep Yuki from trying to cook in the manga after learning Tohru was spending the night at Saki’s, one part of this was depicted in stick-figure form.
-Kyo recalling Tohru showing off her muffler to him was a little longer in the manga.
-Ren and Isuzu’s encounter was shown in a flashback later in Chapter 106.
-The anime added in spoken dialogue from Kyo and Tohru as Yuki observed their conversation with each other.
-Shigure recollecting Yuki’s badly-cooked dinner to Tohru actually took place after Tohru got home from school at the very end of Chapter 99 in the manga.
Mar 21, 2021 5:08 PM
Jul 2018
I am so happy to see Fruits Basket back. I look forward to seeing how it ends.

There is only one minor thing that I was disappointed about. Minor spoiler, although it has nothing to do with the show or the manga, it's from the Q&A after the episode. I was disappointed to not see Laura Bailey(Tooru's VA) answer any questions. I understood not every VA would be featured, but the MC not being there...really? I was just a little sad about that.

Otherwise great episode and looking forward to the next.
Mar 22, 2021 3:07 PM

Jun 2014
Thanks to someone mentioning the 1st episode is on Nyaa, I watched it with chinese subs. Thank you, someone! <3 (I can't stand dubs in anime, so yeah.)

Like people mentioned, this episode adapts chapters 98 & 99. There are very few changes, nothing important. The biggest 2 are: 1) Ren finding Rin when she was sneaking further into the Souma estate - we see this in chapter 106, and 2) the scene of Akito choking Ren while running through obstacles and jumping before hitting the ground.

I really don't like it when they exaggerate scenes like that, the scenes don't become more dramatic, they become laughable instead. Other then Akito choking Ren, other scenes that come to mind are when Kyou in his True form hits Tooru and she flies away and falls into the lake. And in Ritsu's episode (which is very different from the manga) the scene of Tooru almost falling from the roof in the middle of her speech to Ritsu. We really don't need these exaggerated scenes, the manga is dramatic enough as it is, sigh.

Anyway, can't wait to see the opening end ending (and if the subs will have a weird translated sentence).
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
Mar 22, 2021 7:48 PM
Mar 2015
great start We get to see the Soma's at their worst and the girls at their best
Mar 22, 2021 10:32 PM

Oct 2017
Fruits Basket is finally back, continuing from right where it left off. Right off the bat we see Akito's mom Ren Soma and indeed she's hot. I agree with what she said about Zodiac bond. Thou according to Kureno she's mentally and physically ill but ain't it Akito who's mentally ill lmao.

Welp Tohru took a big hit after she found out the truth behind Akito's gender but I'm glad Hana was there to comfort her and she even called Uo to come. The pajama party was pretty wholesome. Also Tohru x Kyou moment at the end was sweet.

Decent start for now, looking forward to upcoming episodes.
Mar 23, 2021 2:12 AM

Sep 2019
Did Kureno just sleep with Akito? Like for that matter does he have sexual relationship with Akito?
Mar 23, 2021 4:18 AM

Aug 2019
ZeroTwo__002 said:
Did Kureno just sleep with Akito? Like for that matter does he have sexual relationship with Akito?

Just? Maybe. Does he have a sexual relationship with Akito? I thought it was pretty obvious from this image we were shown in the last episode of the 2nd season.
Mar 23, 2021 12:50 PM

Jun 2014
Tezsa said:
SailorVeki said:
Thanks to someone mentioning the 1st episode is on Nyaa, I watched it with chinese subs. Thank you, someone! <3 (I can't stand dubs in anime, so yeah.)
<CUT>
Anyway, can't wait to see the opening end ending (and if the subs will have a weird translated sentence).

If you look around a bit you can find the episode with English Subs.

Thanks, I know it's on Nyaa, but I understand enough Japanese that I don't need it. I will watch with Crunchyroll/Funimation subs when it starts airing. :)

Mar 25, 2021 3:58 AM
May 2019
I really loved this episode but the only thing that I didn't liked and anime often does it that they exaggerate certain scenes way too much, For example in this episode the Akito and Ren scene, in the manga Akito just push her against the wall and try to strangle her they don't go around breaking the doors and flying outside, it was supposed to be a serious scene but turned out to be hilarious, that's my only complaint other than that it was overall a really good episode.
Mar 25, 2021 4:03 AM
May 2019
Marcos_Aspira said:
I found a link and just watched.

The only fault in this one was that jump Akito did while holding Ren, kinda like the Kyo beating Tohru in True Form Arc.
That scene was exaggerated as well in the manga Kyo just push Tohru little bit to the side, he doesn't throw her off like in the anime that would have honestly killed her plus they also excluded the scene of Kyo apologizing to Tohru and because of that some anime onlys started saying that he is way too abusive and rude, Anime make certain scenes way too over dramatic and that's my only complaint regarding the anime.
Sayali567Mar 25, 2021 4:07 AM
Mar 25, 2021 5:55 AM

Jun 2019
An emotional start to the last season. Got to meet Akito's mother. Tohru blaming herself was sad. Felt bad for Arisa as well. I hope Kureno and Arisa will be together by the end.
Mar 25, 2021 11:31 AM

May 2016
GAH! I love it already T_T I really don't want it to end.
Mar 26, 2021 12:41 AM

Feb 2010
Furuba is back, welcome back!

I really don't care about Akito & her mother, i don't even symphatize with them at all, just a bunch of horrible people... when they actually pay for what they do?

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Mar 27, 2021 11:15 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
amazing episode, so happy fruits basket and my girl tohru are back.
i was waiting for uo chan to find out about tohru's efforts for her, and her and hanajima did not disappoint.
a shame that the wait for next episode is going to take a while, but i guess that's on me for watching it as soon as the sub was out.
i also hope this season is two cour just as well, to get me through this semester and the consequent exam season, but after it finishes, life will be quite a bit worse off, but i'm counting on a glorious ending.
Mar 30, 2021 12:20 PM

Jun 2014
roppuri said:

I really don't care about Akito & her mother, i don't even symphatize with them at all, just a bunch of horrible people... when they actually pay for what they do?

You'll have to wait until the end of Furuba and then also read Furuba Another. ;) I still hate Akito even after knowing everything (I have read Furuba and Furuba Another). BTW, I love your Forum Avatar & Signature, it's so pretty. <3 Where's that girl from?

Apr 1, 2021 5:22 AM

Dec 2018
Things started where they left off from the 2nd season. Great episode.
Apr 1, 2021 3:53 PM

Jul 2012
Pleasantly surprised that this one wasn't targeted by the 1/5 bots.

Emotional episode from the get-go, very nice.
Apr 2, 2021 1:42 PM

Aug 2013
Good to see Fruits Basket once again. Too bad this is the final season. I already feel sad about it. :(

Starting off with where the previous season ended. Kureno explaining why he can't leave Akito, I just felt really sad. Tohru breaking was also sad. ;-;

So we got to see Akito's mother, Ren. Akito strangling her mother was a crazy moment. It's a bit late sating this but, is there anyone in the Soma family that doesn't have a shitty relationship with each other?

An amazing episode. Felt the emotion in this.

Apr 2, 2021 3:52 PM

Apr 2020
I'm very fond of the Japanese VA for Shigure so I can't wait to re-watch this when the Japanese version is released. The English voice actors were great (except for Kyo's VA; I thought he was flat).

As for the episode's content, my heart was breaking for Tohru. She was so downhearted. I love that her friends are always there for her. All the relationships in this show are such a joy to watch.

I'm so interested in Akito's backstory!
Apr 2, 2021 5:26 PM

Dec 2016
Is anyone else not receiving mail notifications about shows starting?
This one was included as well
Apr 3, 2021 2:30 AM
May 2019
eXtripa69 said:
Is anyone else not receiving mail notifications about shows starting?
This one was included as well

This episode was a preairing. Technically, Season 3 doesn't officially start until Monday, so that is likely why you haven't gotten a notification yet.
Apr 3, 2021 2:00 PM

Mar 2021
Damn that was so good
All the stars in the sky await you!
Apr 5, 2021 9:53 AM

Jul 2017
The Final season of Fruits Basket: the TRUE ending against the 2001 anime-original ending, visiting for the first time on the small screen after 2 decades.

Well, what a shock of Tohru learning from Kureno that the now-revealed female Akito is yet another victim in the Soma Zodiac race against her own mom, Madam Ren, so much so that she has to confide in Hatori. Everyone of the Soma Family has scars, and these scars cut deeper now that we're into the final stretch of Fruits Basket.

Saki being able to emphatize with Tohru, but as is with the Soma Family, the more she dabbles with the Soma interpersonal family crux, the deeper her heart will hurt. Thank God for both Saki and Arisa that stood by Tohru's side for a long time.

The emotions return strong, and we'll eventually see the true ending in time to come.
Apr 5, 2021 11:17 AM
Oct 2016
Bring on the heartache. We're back with the final season of Fruba! Getting right into where things left off at the end of season two with Kureno spilling the beans to Tohru about Akito being a she. The whole painful situation involving Akito and her mother Ren. How that the reason Akito is the way she is comes from her horrible upbringing with her mother constantly putting Akito down. Saying how the connection that Akito thrives off is completely fake and a fantasy. Which isn't wrong really its just emotionally shattering when Akito father Akira told her she's a god whom everyone waited to arrive. Seeing the flashback that Kureno describes to Tohru about how he, Shigure, Hatori and Ayame all woke up crying the morning after Akito was conceived. Going up to Ren saying they'd waited for her, meaning Akito, to arrive. So to be told something from birth then have that same thing be said is false would be world shattering and make anyone decently unstable. Ren is probably the only one whom can match Akito for her instability. Kureno telling Tohru that he can't leave Akito when she's crying because he cares for her so much even without the curse forcing him to. Tohru thankfully being saved by Hanajima in her crumbled state after Kureno left. I'm glad that Hanajima and Uotani had that sleepover to sooth Tohru, realizing she has to move forward to try and make the situation better.
Apr 5, 2021 11:19 AM

Sep 2015
Oh man... both the opening and ending got me... I definitely teared up a bit watching them. They were both beautiful, and I loved Takaya’s drawings in the ending.

I had already cried a bit with the premiere episode a few weeks ago, so the episode itself didn’t get me again, but it was still amazing!
Apr 5, 2021 11:39 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ok, this is totally going the right away following the manga unlike the 2001 version.

I don't care what Akito's mom did to her and how much sympathy the story tries to drum up for her. Her cruelty and brutality towards her family are unforgivable in my view.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 5, 2021 11:41 AM

Feb 2020
so glad to see this series agaain :DD

i love the op so much!! love the visuals and the ed's visuals too are nice

nice to see my tohru x kyo moments again

i missed kyo so much haha
Apr 5, 2021 11:41 AM

Nov 2014
roppuri said:

Karma will come to them, sooner or later. All I was thinking in that moment was just "Jesus, this whole family are screwed up" except the late father of Akito.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2021 11:46 AM

Sep 2015
TheOneOfSeven said:
roppuri said:

Karma will come to them, sooner or later. All I was thinking in that moment was just "Jesus, this whole family are screwed up" except the late father of Akito.

I don’t know... I have thoughts on Akira, but I’ll save those for after the rest of Akito’s past is out.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2021

317 by ducvub10 »»
Apr 22, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2021

163 by FardinRimon »»
Apr 17, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2021

169 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 25, 9:06 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2021

165 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 25, 1:39 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2021

158 by Kris08 »»
Mar 5, 11:48 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.