Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 8, 2021 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, I don't trust the military much in this series but it's interesting that they managed to get their phones working in that world.

On the other hand, things got quite bizarre yet again with that message. Seems every time some hope happens, there's also a bit of new development.
Feb 8, 2021 7:59 AM

Jun 2019
That was probably the best episode of this series so far. The frightening elements of this episode were on point.
The phone call didn't go well. That was another creepy thing that happened in this episode. And seems like those soldiers have some trust issues. Well, can't blame them either. Overall, a good episode.
Feb 8, 2021 8:00 AM

Feb 2019
“The meat train is coming” lmaoooo.

This episode was so unnerving. We were already skeptical about the military. Then we find out they’re most likely some covert operations unit, probably were investigating ways to militarise the otherside.

But man why would you use your phone when they explicitly told you not to lol. That whole meat train sequence was creepy af. Wonder what ended up happening to everyone and where the girls are now.
Feb 8, 2021 8:01 AM

Feb 2010
The phone call with Kozakura is one of the few scene that anime adaption actually do well, so spooky...too bad the art work is a bit mess up.
Feb 8, 2021 8:02 AM
Jul 2018
damn those military dudes are such nice guys! they repayed toriko and sorawo saving them with trying to kill them! glad they got away from those guys though, besides that one actual good dude they were really suspicious since the beginning. also, wonder whats going on at the ending... that island looks pretty cool though, wonder how they're gonna get home though.
Feb 8, 2021 8:06 AM

Apr 2019
By far the most thrilling episode. Probably my favourite so far. Intense.

Feb 8, 2021 8:14 AM

Apr 2014
The best episode so far in my opinion.
The episode was so creepy and horrifying. It's like a real horror story.
Those soldiers will not able to find the exit and continue living in another world, and all of them might be mentally break down in the end.
Gladly, Sorao and Toriko can come back to the real world. That place looks like to be Okinawa. So, they need to spend some money on the way back to Tokyo.
何それ?意味分かんない
Feb 8, 2021 8:25 AM

Jan 2011
compare to manga this adaptation really trash, they didn't show what exactly happened on the train
I feel sad every time I read the manga and look how much they remove and hide things
Feb 8, 2021 8:39 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Not realistic; the EBR only ever gives hitmarkers and nothing more
Feb 8, 2021 8:39 AM

Oct 2020
ngl the voice of the call was pretty creepy. For those of you who don't know the significant of the Kisaragi Station from that creepy phone call and the train scene it's actually from a japanese urban legend (Don't know if that's what they are referencing here though)

Spoiler for who ever is interested. It's really creepy and I was generally surprised when this episode dropped that name

Feb 8, 2021 8:45 AM

Mar 2015
Got to give props to the writers: they actually did something right in portraying the military, a rare occurrance in anime. They did (or the translator did) refer to every group as a 'squad' but when they went into the tent to see the commander there were flags there, which means it is at least a battalion Headquarters. And yes a major was in command: normally a lieutenant colonel would be in command but, as the major stated, they have suffered casualties and the original commander was one of them.

I hope the girls will return and interact with the Marines again; maybe they can help them come home.
The sword that takes life gives life
Feb 8, 2021 8:47 AM
Aug 2020
Holy fuck that was creepy...

Definitely the best episode so far. I really don't get why this show has such a low rating
Feb 8, 2021 8:57 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Still really creepy and mysterious, they managed to take the train and to respawn in the real world but seems like they spawned on an island or something, I loved the ambiance of this episode.
Feb 8, 2021 9:15 AM

Apr 2020
The sound is my favorite part of the show, but even this episode set the bar high for the most creepiest scene of the anime so far. The military men pretty much lost it and was on its way to kill the two, but our girls hopped on to the "Meat Train". And wow what a very gruesome train, now I'm curious on what's in that train. At the end, I believe Sorao and Toriko was teleported back, but not in Tokyo instead they're transported back to Okinawa. It's just my suspicions but that tropical look with seagulls around doesn't sound mainland Japan to me.

Anyways the distorted call was pretty terrifying, Kozakura regretted picking up that call.
Feb 8, 2021 9:45 AM

Mar 2016
Their intelligence must have degraded just for this episode. A lot of their decisions and actions made absolutely zero sense, different from their past adventures.
Feb 8, 2021 10:00 AM

Aug 2016
So they straight up withhold the fact they know how to get out of the world, immediately use a phone when warned not to and straight up just leave the military guys to probably a grizzly fate, something that could have been avoided if they were straight forward and honest.....
But it's okay cos the mc's survived, this is either a bad adaptation or straight up just badly written crap.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Feb 8, 2021 10:45 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Given how long they're been struck here its no wonder their nerves are strained. Still it must be horrible having to put down those comrades that were transformed by the bear traps. But the company's casualties level sure were high. That train announcement though sure was creepy and did well to introduce the monster in question. Its unfortunate that after saving them that the soldiers swiftly become the enemy after seeing Sorao's talent. Still though tense at least they managed to escape though the realm in which they escaped too sure is a curious one. Overall an interesting ep that contained some excellent usage of tension and fear through the usage of both the monsters and the distrust of the soldiers that they met.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2021 10:50 AM

Sep 2019
It was a lot creepier than other episodes, it was an okay episode but I liked the train scene.

By the way, the MV of "Minikui Ikimono" has been released.

Feb 8, 2021 11:29 AM
Jan 2021
JokerVentura said:
So they straight up withhold the fact they know how to get out of the world, immediately use a phone when warned not to and straight up just leave the military guys to probably a grizzly fate, something that could have been avoided if they were straight forward and honest.....
But it's okay cos the mc's survived, this is either a bad adaptation or straight up just badly written crap.

Or they could have mentioned they know a way out, and had the soldiers decide this was proof they were Otherside entities of some sort, and gotten shot. Especially once they demonstrate that Sorawo can see glitches.

Not to mention they didn't actually know where they were from their normal gate, and thus couldn't offer anything more than "let's walk around through the glitch fields and hope we find something."

Not saying they made the best possible choices, but not saying anything that would make the soldiers more suspicious was a perfectly reasonable decision.
Feb 8, 2021 12:26 PM

Aug 2016
I_am_nemo said:
JokerVentura said:

Or they could have mentioned they know a way out, and had the soldiers decide this was proof they were Otherside entities of some sort, and gotten shot. Especially once they demonstrate that Sorawo can see glitches.

Not to mention they didn't actually know where they were from their normal gate, and thus couldn't offer anything more than "let's walk around through the glitch fields and hope we find something."

Not saying they made the best possible choices, but not saying anything that would make the soldiers more suspicious was a perfectly reasonable decision.

Or they could have spoken to the clearly reasonable soldier or commander and made any effort to help them. Nah they just ate their dwindling rations, ignored the soldiers advise about the phone and about acting decent and left them for dead.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Feb 8, 2021 12:41 PM

Jun 2019
The characters all make dumb decisions, like the soldier that “advises” the girls to not call anyone instead of forbiding them from doing it, the girls calling despite the warning, the lowest IQ soldiers of all time that couldn’t capture 2 girls that were right in front of them. Plus, the whole sequence when they were inside the train was presented so poorly I had no idea what was so scary about it. The art is also mediocre at best. At least the music is good.
Feb 8, 2021 12:44 PM

Jul 2015
goddamn this episode! i had to stop the episode during the call scene cuz of how spooky it got.. i freaking lub these gals and the military was always sus to begin with..
Feb 8, 2021 1:25 PM

Jul 2016
how do you guys who have english as native language feel listening to japanese people talking in english? I'm not native, but I can't help thinking it's cringe af
Feb 8, 2021 2:06 PM

Nov 2015
dark-chaos said:
compare to manga this adaptation really trash, they didn't show what exactly happened on the train
I feel sad every time I read the manga and look how much they remove and hide things

I totally agree. I feel like the anime is very low stakes and doesn't feel as dangerous or weird as it should. They chose the wrong team to adapt this. It has no atmosphere. But this was still the best so far...
Feb 8, 2021 2:10 PM

Nov 2015
diegontijo said:
how do you guys who have english as native language feel listening to japanese people talking in english? I'm not native, but I can't help thinking it's cringe af

It's some of the worst Engrish I've encountered in any anime ever, but I kind of give them credit for trying. That was a lot of foreign language content...way more than most series ever attempt. It would've been better if they'd kept it simple though, just "yes, sir" and "no sir," etc.
Feb 8, 2021 2:26 PM

Apr 2015
This was beyond creepy, especially that phone call and the scene on the train were absolutely scary. I just can't find in my right mind that they would go against the advice that soldier gave them, do NOT use your phone.. smh. Their decisions can be considered questionable XD

Best episode so far though

Arkaisen said:
ngl the voice of the call was pretty creepy. For those of you who don't know the significant of the Kisaragi Station from that creepy phone call and the train scene it's actually from a japanese urban legend (Don't know if that's what they are referencing here though)

Spoiler for who ever is interested. It's really creepy and I was generally surprised when this episode dropped that name

That's creepy as hell and let's say this is actually based on this Japanese urban legend you mentioned, I wonder how many other things in this Otherside are actually based on urban legends. Japan has a lot of them, so I wouldn't be surprised if they included a lot more of those in here.
Feb 8, 2021 3:11 PM

Feb 2019
So it seems they'll be shuffling arcs again, it seems it'll be the Beach of the End next, okay. If they did a proper shuffling it, it wouldn't even be that bad, but they keep the dialogue mostly as is and it just feels out of place. For example, only now did Sorawo and Toriko comment more on about their ability to use the glitches that Sorawo sees to open up gates to the 'normal world', despite doing so non-chalantly for the last couple of episodes. Keeping the dialogue the same despite changing the order is just lazy adaptation.

CeddyyBearr said:
Arkaisen said:

That's creepy as hell and let's say this is actually based on this Japanese urban legend you mentioned, I wonder how many other things in this Otherside are actually based on urban legends. Japan has a lot of them, so I wouldn't be surprised if they included a lot more of those in here.
It's a plot device the adaptation doesn't make clear enough apparently. All the files are tied to japanese net lore/creepypastas/folklore and Sorawo comments upon the stories every time a new one shows up, not just Kisaragi. Hasshaku-sama, the kunekune and Space-Time Man were the same.
Feb 8, 2021 3:19 PM

Sep 2020
Well, I gotta say it kinda bored me. That moment when Sorawo aimed for the cow, they didnt even show when she hit it,mooo. And the train, sure enough its creepy but its far creepy when they actually show whats "really" inside that train. The best thing here I think was that phone call.

And yep, the post credit is kinda funny,those dummies bullying Kozakura.tehe
it’s never too late for life ... to go horribly wrong. . . afff~
Feb 8, 2021 5:16 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Poor that military soldiers, at least the good one. I wonder if they ever met with them again. Prolly no. If yes, then, well, they might've be death already. Anyway, the creepiness of this episode suddenly got better. The soundtrack element always hit the good points. A phone call and its recorded sounds were the good examples about this episode strength. However, the train views seemed got butchered down. I don't even know why its got called as a meat train? So, if y'all know whats that thing, feel free to give me some spoiler manga images about that. So, yeah, its still 50-50 decent so far, for me.

Well, whatever shit happened before, and how 'weird' the plot driven them into a certain points, at least those both girls were survive. I couldn't care less about anything that creeped me out. The feeling obviously be stronger than before, then their bonds were pretty much got stronger. I may surely be glad if the next will be some relaxation episode xd.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 8, 2021 5:20 PM

Jan 2018
This episode started out pretty good, almost spot for spot to the other adaptions. Then, the fight happened, and the train happened, and they cut and skipped so many lines that it seemed like a bunch of random hard cuts were happening. Toriko just manifests an ERB from nowhere, and they don't even have Sorawo explain anything. They keep neutering the horror in this, and it makes it suck.

The ending is nonsense, but I understand from other posts that they are shuffling arcs again. Like, if they were going to wake up on a beach, Maybe just cut the line about Sorawo seeing the normal world super imposed on the Otherside, because it made no sense.

Kosmonaut said:
So it seems they'll be shuffling arcs again, it seems it'll be the Beach of the End next, okay. If they did a proper shuffling it, it wouldn't even be that bad, but they keep the dialogue mostly as is and it just feels out of place. For example, only now did Sorawo and Toriko comment more on about their ability to use the glitches that Sorawo sees to open up gates to the 'normal world', despite doing so non-chalantly for the last couple of episodes. Keeping the dialogue the same despite changing the order is just lazy adaptation.

Right? I keep thinking "they didn't change any of these lines" which makes some things really weird. Even with the Walking Gallows, or heck, even the Face Dogs. Sorawo says the line about the Walking Gallows being "a giraffe with no neck" except they gave the Walking Gallows a tall neck with a head on top. The Face Dogs are a little less, but they never barked as they were described to, which makes calling them Face Dogs seem random.

I swear that the team that animated, and the team that did the voice overs, had absolutely zero contact with each other.

CeddyyBearr said:

At the end of the novel the author actually explains the urban legends and where they found them. I found it pretty interesting. Author did a lot of research on that stuff, from what it seemed. Not that we can tell from this adaption.

Kosmonaut said:
It's a plot device the adaptation doesn't make clear enough apparently. All the files are tied to japanese net lore/creepypastas/folklore and Sorawo comments upon the stories every time a new one shows up, not just Kisaragi. Hasshaku-sama, the kunekune and Space-Time Man were the same.

Yeah, this has disappointed me. It's basically Sorawo's whole thing, which with it gone, just relegates her to being a MacGuffin. She gives us context. Let's us understand where the Otherside and the real world cross over and how it chooses it's forms, but this glosses all of that over for cute yuri bait. I want creepy mystery sci-fi yuri bait, dammit! lol
IBloodstormIFeb 8, 2021 5:24 PM
Feb 8, 2021 5:30 PM
May 2015
diegontijo said:
While English isn't my native language, I've been speaking it on a daily basis for the past 15 years or so that it might as well be my native language lol.

Anyways, I'm not going to try and sugar coat it; it's really fucking bad. If an actual American soldier spoke to me with that heavy of an accent, I'd believe they're just cosplaying as an American soldier. I can still understand what they were saying but the accent was really thick.

I would have honestly preferred if they just spoke Japanese and I'll just imagine they're speaking English, in my head.

Feb 8, 2021 5:44 PM

Jan 2018
diegontijo said:

Varies on acceptable to pretty bad. I find it funny, but hey are trying hard, and I appreciate it for the effort at least. It's pretty clear that the voice actors probably do not speak it fluently.
Feb 8, 2021 7:16 PM
Jan 2020
I did not even see time pass by. This was quite engaging. The army saw through them and the girls jumped onto the meat train apparently and are stranded somewhere now… The phone part was quite creepy.
Feb 8, 2021 7:44 PM
Mar 2015
They escaped by catching the train to the other side
Feb 8, 2021 8:26 PM

Jan 2020
I think in terms of atmosphere and tone, they nailed it. Especially during the phone call scene at the start area and at the end. Although, I found it strange that they used it despite the warning.

Feb 8, 2021 9:18 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
diegontijo said:

It’s honestly bad, but I enjoy and appreciate it as well. It’s fun to hear your language spoke by people that don’t speak it normally.

And this episode was pretty wild, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Rip the soldiers, I know there was probably no way for them to be informed without getting our MCs in trouble but it’s still a shame, even if they’re a covert group. Atmosphere and music were good again as well, that train was really spooky.
Feb 8, 2021 9:49 PM

Aug 2019
that English is just atrocious, I rather them just speak Japanese if it’s going to sound like that
Feb 9, 2021 12:45 AM

Jan 2014
Ngl, They kinda made the two MCs bit of an ignorant cunts in this episode. Which just left a bad taste in my mouth. Along with them seeing a bit dumbed down then previous eps? They were told not to use their phones, but what do they do first thing when they're alone? Use. Their. Phones. They were questioning if it was their friend on the phone, yet wouldn't they figure it's a trick from the world they're in?

They didn't even considering trying to explain a bit about themselves. While I get you wouldn't want to remove the glove and show the eye. But least explain some of your experiences or something along those lines so that the army guys could least trust you a little, as they must have seen a ton of shit, and have major trust issues with anything different from them in that world. Yet nothing was said and it just made them less trusting now lol.
EllenwitchFeb 9, 2021 12:50 AM
Feb 9, 2021 1:11 AM

Oct 2007
Major Ray is a gentleman, not forcing a body search on the girls, because he has no female soldiers left. Lucky, because Toriko hand would have been found if they get searched.

it's also another luck that the two most sane people, Ray and Drake seem to be the highest in rank among the survivors there.

right thing to run away, who knows what Greg will do if he catch them.

train of horrors!? At least they managed to get home.

looking forward to next week.
Feb 9, 2021 1:14 AM
Feb 2012
IBloodstormI said:
Yeah, this has disappointed me. It's basically Sorawo's whole thing, which with it gone, just relegates her to being a MacGuffin. She gives us context. Let's us understand where the Otherside and the real world cross over and how it chooses it's forms, but this glosses all of that over for cute yuri bait. I want creepy mystery sci-fi yuri bait, dammit! lol

Oh as a manga and LN reader, I can tell you now this is not Yuri bait. It is 100% Yuri and it's one of the best slow burns I've ever read.
Uniique~
Feb 9, 2021 1:25 AM

Oct 2016
Enjoyable episode, but I can't help but feel that it could be even better you know. Plus I see manga readers or light novels here talk about the things they cut and stuff. This show could have been really great with better directing. But it's still a decent show.

Poor soldiers, kind of sad that they're still stuck there. But it's pretty reasonable for Sorawo and Toriko to run away, who knows what they'll do to them. Except maybe the dude that was nice to them and their commander or something, the rest of them are pretty unstable. Wonder where they ended up though.
Feb 9, 2021 3:38 AM

Jan 2018
AnimeFanservice said:
IBloodstormI said:

Oh as a manga and LN reader, I can tell you now this is not Yuri bait. It is 100% Yuri and it's one of the best slow burns I've ever read.

I know, just feels that way right now, lol, especially because of the anime. I am working through volume 2 of the ln right now.
Feb 9, 2021 7:57 AM
Oct 2015
MEAT TRAIN LMAO , SEEMS A REFERENCE TO ONE IN TOWER OF GOD HELL TRAIN HAHAHA
ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A FIRST TRAIN REFERENCE FROM AN ANIME/MANGA I DIDN'T SEE YET ? THANX

If you don't appreciate art , anime aren't for you , there is nothing wrong in them , nothing is perfect !

If you criticize Anime you should release your reviews directly to people and authors that made em !

Anime will not get any better if reviews do not get outside the borders of this website , change this !
Feb 9, 2021 8:14 AM

Oct 2020
CeddyyBearr said:
This was beyond creepy, especially that phone call and the scene on the train were absolutely scary. I just can't find in my right mind that they would go against the advice that soldier gave them, do NOT use your phone.. smh. Their decisions can be considered questionable XD

Arkaisen said:

After that 6th episode I'm kinda curious myself so I checked out the previous episode. In episode 3 with those big head creature-thing I think was other one of them. The lanky black haired woman I don't know if she from any legend.

Feb 9, 2021 8:44 AM

Apr 2018
ohoho gotta say i loved the inclusion of direct quotes from the og 2chan kisaragi thread, I mean those were probably in the source material already too, but i still thought it was a nice touch
Feb 9, 2021 9:10 AM

Aug 2015
That ending was intense. The train looked so scary.

That phone call though, so creepy.
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Feb 9, 2021 9:16 AM

Jan 2018
Arkaisen said:
CeddyyBearr said:

After that 6th episode I'm kinda curious myself so I checked out the previous episode. In episode 3 with those big head creature-thing I think was other one of them. The lanky black haired woman I don't know if she from any legend.

The Kunekune (Wiggle-Waggle), Hasshaku-sama, and the Space-Time Man are all based on one or multiple urban legends or creepypasta. Bunch of other stuff too, like the elevator to another world, etc.
Feb 9, 2021 9:17 AM

Jul 2020
Not bad but felt they could have closed this february station gap a bit better.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Check my latest web novel on Our Greatest Comeback🦊⛩️ and please drop a like or comment if you liked it!
Feb 9, 2021 11:06 AM

Sep 2015
Creepiest episode imo. There’s no cg to ruin the immersion.

The americans in this thread got triggered because 2 japanese didn’t trust their holy military doing some shady covert stuff in foreign land. Some of them were literally trying to kill both MC but some replies here are saying “why didn’t the MC cooperate?”. Wut?

Lmao how naive of you if you think the army is established to protect people. More like sacrificing everything including civilian life to protect the elite’s interest and to eliminate any treat as they deem fit.
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
Feb 9, 2021 11:21 AM

May 2020
Most suicidal Mary Sues I've ever seen in anime
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Urasekai Picnic Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2021

70 by wildhood »»
Apr 16, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Urasekai Picnic Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2021

88 by EinTheVariance »»
Sep 13, 2023 4:52 PM

Poll: » Urasekai Picnic Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2021

88 by WatchTillTandava »»
Sep 5, 2023 6:00 AM

Poll: » Urasekai Picnic Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 4, 2021

213 by GrandMarquis »»
Sep 1, 2023 3:41 PM

Poll: » Urasekai Picnic Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2021

72 by Ayonimarui »»
Jul 24, 2023 9:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.