Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 14, 2021 7:58 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's back to fooling around with Keiichi and Co., but with Rika holding back her true thoughts since the last episode. 5 loops to go.

Riichi Mahjong again (since Kamisama)? This is entirely Tsubamegaeshi-hen right here.
Detective Ooishi pops by and shows his technique, how good (this is from Minagoroshi-hen). Even Akasaka Mamoru also shows up for the brief moment, and Rika rifling him with the events of deaths...

The Oyashiro-sama curse affecting the entire Hinamizawa village, it almost seems that Rika's promise to Hanyuu of going through 5 timeloops isn't materializing a good plot of a way out.

This episode I find myself asking: What is the REAL/TRUE route to get out of this massive gory downward spiral of timeloops?
Jan 14, 2021 7:58 AM

Feb 2018
Start your day with a horror smile from Rika-chwan, and yeah there's no new OP.

Why? This is why going back to mahjong, was it just me who was wrong to remember something but that's not a mistake. But this is the first time Keiichi and Oishi have played mahjong. Akasaka, it seems I forgot something ... So that's why Akasaka came to Hinamizawa. I'm sure it will help you with the experience of training your body for 5 years. Rika asked Akasaka to stay in Hinamizawa during the watanagashi, and Akasaka agreed.

What the heck, another tragedy? It's too early... Why? Why does everyone get the Oyashiro-sama syndrome , With the Shion mom scene it was so op. Ah, understand for now.

Requires five restart?

Last chances? next eps seems interesting.
SyureriaFeb 12, 2021 6:38 AM
Jan 14, 2021 8:56 AM
Apr 2020
I don't know why, but it's always the same thing since the begining of Gou. The killer always accused Rika of being the source of the malediction. So maybe someone is spreading this rumor to destroy Hinamizawa (Takano ? )
Jan 14, 2021 8:59 AM

Oct 2019
Did anyone noticed the Aggretsuko and Toy Story cameos near the beginning of the episode?
Jan 14, 2021 9:00 AM

Apr 2019
Into another world. akasaka san is here! yukie saved rika, and just like the nice man he is, he return the favour by slaughtering her! nice! next: sonozaki mom. kimiyoshi and, keiichi. One world left

oh shit..uhhh......... my neck is gbe....tting itchy.d.. he3lp ikd h. .guys l .sdlIt hurTSSSSSS AHHH iTCHysa(*D23 ahHHHH

shaft head tilt?

Jan 14, 2021 9:02 AM

Apr 2009
I can't decide if this was meant to be funny due to Passione's general terrible direction/animations/style (The Akasaka scene in particular had me burst laughing irl) or just depressing due to the total pointless torture of a character who finished her character arc years ago.

Jan 14, 2021 9:09 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I feel like I just watched some sort of any% speedrun of how quickly Rika can get herself killed in various ways

Like yeah okay I get it, they just want to show that she's using up 4/5 of her "last tries" as she talked about on more failed attempts, but halfway through I just wanted them to get it over with already since we all knew it's just a means to get towards the 5th one. Not like these short clips have much of a chance at making us feel much more with so little buildup or context anyway
Jan 14, 2021 9:10 AM

Feb 2019
I think this episode solidified what I’ve been feeling for a long time that rika ultimately goes through more pain and suffered more than Subaru.

To go through the same hell alone for 100 years.. watching your friends and yourself be brutally murdered over and over again, trying so hard to change things, coming close and then failing.. it’s beyond comprehension really. Think that monologue at the end really did a good job of putting it to words.
Jan 14, 2021 9:19 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It's so painful to see Rika like that, Akasaka, Sonozaki mother, Kimiyoshi, Keiichi, etc... she really can't rest.
Jan 14, 2021 9:26 AM

Jul 2017
Another suffering Rika scenes , I hope it all will get over asap, with 1 restart to go, it can go either way; an even-more suffering or successful route. Eitherway I'm excited to see how it will turns out, tho I prefer the latter.
Jan 14, 2021 9:30 AM
Dec 2017
Jin_uzuki said:
I can't decide if this was meant to be funny due to Passione's general terrible direction/animations/style

Looks like DEEN's PR unit sent it's bots.
Jan 14, 2021 9:40 AM

Apr 2009
Sondfer said:
Jin_uzuki said:
I can't decide if this was meant to be funny due to Passione's general terrible direction/animations/style

If you want to try ad-homines to defend Passione's terrible job, you should try with someone who hasn't rated DEEN shitty adaptation 6, 5 and 4 and tells people to read the VN in the other threads.

lul

Jan 14, 2021 9:40 AM

Mar 2017
I feel like compared to the part where rena fought keiichi they really didnt censor anything this ep and i like it
Jan 14, 2021 9:41 AM

Nov 2011
Great, brutal episode!
Jan 14, 2021 9:45 AM

Aug 2009
This would have been a lot better without all that weird ass movements.

And the hell was up with Akasaka's voice? Daisuke Ono can do better crazy evil laughs. This was just bad.

Sondfer said:
Jin_uzuki said:

You for real?

Deen had problems but at least you could feel that the crazy person was an actual threat. These here are a like a joke.

At least Rena/Keichi, Mion and Ooishi(kinda) didnt look like a joke in the previous arcs.
ssjokgJan 14, 2021 9:48 AM
Oct 2020
Sondfer said:
Jin_uzuki said:

He always writes like that.

Dec 2015
This felt like comedy. I'm glad I watched DEEN's anime before this, I guess one of the biggest problem about this anime is the number of episodes, also I hate the constant cat mouth the studio put on the characters.

Apr 2016
Seems like they have given up the censorship from the arc Rena went insane, gory as (a few animations/ were funny tho, but not

Wasn't expecting this fastforward, but gladly in the next episode this arc will start becoming an answers one, there's already too many questions lol
Jan 14, 2021 9:46 AM

Aug 2020
what the fuckk???

so they did a speedrun of the 4 loops. one more... man this has got to be one of the most gruesome episode in higurashi. Did not expect that at all. What was the point of censoring ep 4 when they would legit show Mion and Rika's head fall off.
And just like that another week.
Jan 14, 2021 9:49 AM
Oct 2020
Excellent episode. The first half of the season was set. Now the action has started.
Jan 14, 2021 9:57 AM

Aug 2009
Also where tf are the new OP/ED? I know that at least a new ED was announced.

Are they using high IQ moves and are waiting for the 5th and last loop, so next ep?

Jan 14, 2021 9:57 AM

Jan 2015
This was the most gruesome episode holy fuck

Great episode again, it’s finally picking up
Jan 14, 2021 10:05 AM

Dec 2015
Jin_uzuki said:
Sondfer said:

If you want to try ad-homines to defend Passione's terrible job, you should try with someone who hasn't rated DEEN shitty adaptation 6, 5 and 4 and tells people to read the VN in the other threads.

lul

I honestly just think it's a problem from R07 script at this point.
This's a bad idea(making Rika die multiple times in the same arc like that) no matter how it was going to be executed, this's the worst episode for me honestly.
Jan 14, 2021 10:08 AM

Dec 2015
ssjokg said:
Also where tf are the new OP/ED? I know that at least a new ED was announced.

Are they using high IQ moves and are waiting for the 5th and last loop, so next ep?

They'r probably waiting for the fifth arc, after Nekodamashi.
But it'll be weird to use new songs from episode 18 so maybe you're right.
Jan 14, 2021 10:22 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
God, that was gore! 4 out of the 5 tries gone dying to three new perpetrators and the final a familiar company, just what the heck is going on here?

Akasaka's introduction honestly gave me hope but I should've known it'd obviously come down to the eventful 5th and last try. I wonder how things will change for that.

Also, it's been like this for a while but I still don't understand how this is okay for even first-timers.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 14, 2021 10:36 AM

Dec 2015
>Akasaka abandoned work and went to save his wife as Rika told him.
> He met Rika after finishing the job and getting injured. (and he can't save his wife at this point and that's why Rika cut the phone wires in the village in Himatsubushi.)
Jan 14, 2021 10:38 AM

May 2019
Finally, something interesting happened. The beginning felt pretty weird. It looked like they were setting up a completely new loop that wasn't present in the og anime but then Akasaka appeared and i was disappointed that we would get a retelling of Himatsubushi-hen. Fortunately, it finished pretty quickly with a nice alternative ending. Next three loops were pretty boring but if memory serves me right, at least the killers (except for Keiichi) were fresh. Finally, at the end we got something new. I haven't read/watched Umineko but was that Bernkastel?
KaijuSlothJan 14, 2021 10:45 AM
Jan 14, 2021 10:41 AM

Jun 2011
Weird episode. Also I hate how the first half of episodes were wasted to show the arcs we've already known but only slightly changed, and now when there's place for new content, we just do a quick skip to rika's death. And now I'm sure the questions left in the previous arcs in this season won't be answered, just like there won't be explanation for the 4 bad ends Rika got in this episode. And I hate how all that akasaka, sonozaki mom and keichi could say was ITCHY ITCHY ITCHY meanwhile there's always been some kind of trigger before, and now it's just so shallow and pointless and meh.
i hope at least that fifth world is going to be a well done arc.
if not, then i'm losing my respect for the creator. i'm an anime only and the og higu anime was good enough for me, i loved it. but this... feels just so pointless and purely milking the series... i expected more...
Jan 14, 2021 10:41 AM

Aug 2015
People: Ok, so probably each episode of Nekodamashi would focus on one loop.

Ryukishi: LMAO

Damn, man. Every time Akasaka shows up I tear up a bit because I sympathize with Rika and her struggle, so I know how much Akasaka means to her. . . then the next scene happened and it felt like a punch to the chest that ripped out my heart and made me eat it raw. The next loops were just the topic on the cake (I loved how Rika became more cynical with each one).

Also, is this Takano's body? Does this mean she actually dies in the loops?
Jan 14, 2021 10:52 AM

Dec 2015
Chroma said:
This felt like comedy. I'm glad I watched DEEN's anime before this, I guess one of the biggest problem about this anime is the number of episodes, also I hate the constant cat mouth the studio put on the characters.

The cat mouth is due to Watanabe's style, he likes this weird mouth expression for some reason.
Jan 14, 2021 10:54 AM

Aug 2009
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:
>Akasaka abandoned work and went to save his wife as Rika told him.
> He met Rika after finishing the job and getting injured. (and he can't save his wife at this point and that's why Rika cut the phone wires in the village in Himatsubushi.)

I thought it was Rika's memory at first.

So either R07 didnt bother to show that her "prophecies" and his injuries were made earlier or he forgot the order of events.

Lyree said:
Weird episode. Also I hate how the first half of episodes were wasted to show the arcs we've already known but only slightly changed, and now when there's place for new content, we just do a quick skip to rika's death.

This.

This episode should have been expanded in the previous 14 episodes.

KaijuSloth said:
. I haven't read/watched Umineko but was that Bernkastel?

If this is what the goal of this anime is then yes.....probably. Bernkastel's birth is complicated because of how many different characters have stated different events for it.
Jan 14, 2021 10:55 AM

Jul 2014
Jin_uzuki said:
I can't decide if this was meant to be funny due to Passione's general terrible direction/animations/style (The Akasaka scene in particular had me burst laughing irl) or just depressing due to the total pointless torture of a character who finished her character arc years ago.

Both

The studio direction and budget are seriously lacking so every horro scene comes with its own laugh

The episode was really hard to watch tho.
Like you thought last episode was bad? This is a borderline new record, I don't think even Re; zero killed Subaru 4 times in one episode
Jan 14, 2021 10:58 AM

Sep 2015
I'm not sure what to think about them rushing through these but I guess if there wasn't much to add they saw no point in expanding on them. But then couldn't they just have went straight to the 5th and have Rika mention that this is the last one? Oh well, it doesn't hurt.

But I think the DEEN one is better. This one neither is as scary, gory, eerie atmosphere or have the killers as threatening. As for the story, well it has mostly been the same except for some new killers but that didn't really add anything new. Well Akasaka's had more impact if they didn't skip the entire loop/
zcv45Jan 14, 2021 11:03 AM
Jan 14, 2021 11:01 AM

Jul 2015
That switch from what looked like the start of another arc into a spree of brutal Rika murders was insanely well done, oh god the second half of the episode was torturing to look at, I was covering my neck in horror at all the scratches being done.
Jan 14, 2021 11:06 AM

Jul 2014
I am starting to think this could be just a backstory for Bernkastel because of how gory and ridiculous these events are.

This is far worse than the OG.
Jan 14, 2021 11:08 AM

Apr 2009
KaijuSloth said:
Finally, something interesting happened. The beginning felt pretty weird. It looked like they were setting up a completely new loop that wasn't present in the og anime but then Akasaka appeared and i was disappointed that we would get a retelling of Himatsubushi-hen. Fortunately, it finished pretty quickly with a nice alternative ending. Next three loops were pretty boring but if memory serves me right, at least the killers (except for Keiichi) were fresh. Finally, at the end we got something new. I haven't read/watched Umineko but was that Bernkastel?

She's in Higurashi too. It basically Rika who exists in the Sea of fragments and even talks to the player at one point in Mina. In Higurashi Rei, Rika takes the name of "Frederica Bernkastrel" because she realizes she's no longer feels like Rika. After Rika learns the value of living as a human again she goes back to being "Furude Rika", but ponder if the part of her that lived for 100 years, now named Bernkastel, still exists in higher world (And Hanyuu indirectly confirms it by saying she has a "New friend"). She's also the one that saved Takano at the end of Kai, changing her fate.

Jan 14, 2021 11:19 AM

Jul 2010
This "sequel" just makes me feel incredible bad for Rika, as if the 100 years in the original Higurashi weren't enough, her suffering just continues. Does Ryukishi hate her or something?
At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if the sword fragment doesn't work and Rika can't die at all lol.
Jan 14, 2021 11:20 AM

Jul 2014
0wNeD said:
This "sequel" just makes me feel incredible bad for Rika, as if the 100 years in the original Higurashi weren't enough, her suffering just continues. Does Ryukishi hate her or something?
At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if the sword fragment doesn't work and Rika can't die at all lol.

That possible.
Don't be surprised, Ryukishi probably spend endless sleeping nights thinking of new ways to torture her.
Jan 14, 2021 11:21 AM

Jul 2016
I'm pretty certain now that Umineko stuff will be involved here, the trolling is on point for sure and felt a little comedic with the deaths too, which fits right in.
Jan 14, 2021 11:23 AM

Aug 2009
Devil_Slayer said:
0wNeD said:

That possible.
Don't be surprised, Ryukishi probably spend endless sleeping nights thinking of new ways to torture her.

Doesnt matter, if you ask Bernkastel the worst moment of her life was probably when she
or got

So all is good ahaha.wav.
Jan 14, 2021 11:28 AM
May 2015
You see Akasaka and then that shit happens... Nothing is off limits anymore, man. lmfao. They really hit it with the Psychological this episode, and I absolutely loved it. Things are definitley not feeling slow or stagnant anymore.
Roses are red

violets are blue.

Omae Wa

Mou shindeiru
Jan 14, 2021 11:31 AM

Apr 2009
ssjokg said:
Devil_Slayer said:

That possible.

Doesnt matter, if you ask Bernkastel the worst moment of her life was probably when she
or got

I mean Bern does everything because she
Even Lambda I think mentions Bern is more broken than her because of that?

But I do question the point of this anime when Rika's arc was finished with Saikoroshi, I do wonder what excuse R07 had cooked up to rip her of her happy ending and torture her like this. Heck, her deaths now are worse than the original because she gets to remember all of them too.

Jan 14, 2021 11:34 AM

Aug 2009
Jin_uzuki said:
ssjokg said:

or got

I mean Bern does everything because she
Even Lambda I think mention Bern is more broken than her because of that?

But I do question the point of this anime when Rika's arc was finished with Saikoroshi, I do wonder what excuse R07 had cooked up to rip her of her happy ending and torture her like this. Heck, her deaths now are worse than the original because she gets to remember all of them too.

Then I will go with the punch since that brought back memories of pain XD.

So far it seem like a retcon for Bern's birth. Unless if Witch Bernkastel and Frederika will officially end up as different people.
Jan 14, 2021 11:37 AM

May 2015
Rika thought she had Hope. An old ally unseen before to new viewers. Then he goes crazy and kills rika. Then literally random people in the village go crazy and kill rika. It almost feels like Rika is receiving divine punishment with how random her deaths are. It'd almost be enjoyable to watch if it happened to a villain, but since it's happening to our innocent protagonist it's downright awful and makes me feel sad for her.

The confusion and the despair rika feels, is truly the same as the viewer.
Jan 14, 2021 11:48 AM
May 2017
Jesus this one was gory. The eyes rolling back skull cracking legit disturbed me. All the other parts were kinda meh/funny because of how they were animated and directed.

It sucks that this show as a whole isn't being well received. I watched a video Funimation did with the director and he seemed passionate and excited about his twist on the series.
Jan 14, 2021 11:58 AM

May 2018
ok Passione you did Akasaka dirty there xD

ngl Rika looks quite cute when beheaded
Jan 14, 2021 11:58 AM

Jan 2021
DAME! Seeing Rika die 4 times in a row my my eyes water up and i'm sure if the episode didn't' end when it did I would have started to cry.

I'm surprise by how the creators decided not to show an entire loop like how they have before but then again this is Higurashi that we're talking about expect the unexpected. 4 loops of death 1 loop left and this time if she dies this loop she's gonna kill here self for good. These next few episodes are going to be interesting. How will Rika overcome FATE. Cant Wait To Find Out

Overall This episode was 5 out of 5 for me
Jan 14, 2021 12:01 PM

May 2018
I can’t believe Akasaka went L5... Then Mion/Shion’s mother and Kimiyoshi... This time looping is much harder

Poor Rika :(

Jan 14, 2021 12:02 PM
Sep 2020
This episode was absolutely amazing. Far better than anything Deen ever delivered. I can't wait to see how Rika possibly escapes her tragic fate.
Jan 14, 2021 12:05 PM

Sep 2019
I always say this but poor Rika... she’s suffering and no one can help her. She got killed by the ones who she trusted the most.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

395 by Stinkyanimebrap »»
Mar 19, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2021

314 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2021

323 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jan 7, 2021

166 by Drinzen »»
Feb 17, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Danpmss - Mar 11, 2021

313 by eblf2013 »»
Dec 13, 2023 5:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.