Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 11, 2021 7:55 AM

Jul 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
TEPPEI REDEMPTION ARC, THAT'S THE BEST POSSIBLE TIMELINE!

BLESSED BE WHOLESOME UNCLE T <3

By far the best Gou episode, I can't fucking believe this is happening.

THIS ENDED TOO QUICK, I NEED MORE!

5/5
DanpmssMar 11, 2021 7:59 AM
Mar 11, 2021 7:57 AM

Feb 2018

Trap? Nah, you are a time traveler, I mean guessing the card is so easy if you are from the future. So Oyashiro-sama is Euwa or Aurora, xD. A little flashback from the end of the Kai series, what the heck, I was shocked by that dream.... I mean that Satoko Oji-san, xD... Why? I don't understand Oji-san. Satoko's one hundred year trauma was finally.... Nice punch Oji-san, thanks for protecting Satoko. So it was all a dream? Best Tsundere.

Hold on sec, what are u doing? Isn't Satoko doing the repetition because Satoko want to break Rika, why is this being fking family drama? Still Satokohen

Hehey not bad...
https://twitter.com/AsakaOfficial/status/1370039563486261251
Mar 11, 2021 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Ye, I knew this wouldn't be a chill episode even with the card game and pachinko.

Teppei also returns and honestly, watching his scenes with Satoko gave me some chills. Taking that beating from those delinquents was not a pretty sight. But hey, at least he had the balls to protect Satoko. That probably would've ended badly for her if he didn't show up.

Mar 11, 2021 7:58 AM

Jul 2017
Is it me or is it that Satoko is trying to use the timeloop trick ability to bend the happenings of Hinamizawa to her absolute control? Sure she is, with the same power but a different strategy than Rika's.

Reflecting the looping of timeiines here and there with the interchange of eventual fragments, that right there is a lore in and of itself.

But to see the "redemption arc" of Teppei change drastically to become the kind uncle that protects Satoko and asking for old times' sake between parent and child (even after going through THIS much pain in Tataridamashi-hen), I can't help but feel uneasy for future events down the pipeline.

With how things are progressing, there's NO way that this'll end at Ep 24 without the clear trolling resolution that Ryukishi07 is known for.

EDIT: Going for 30 episodes seems like the right length for more character development, keep the speculations coming.
KANLen09Mar 11, 2021 11:31 AM
Mar 11, 2021 8:01 AM

Jul 2012
KANLen09 said:
Is it me or is it that Satoko is trying to use the timeloop ability to bend the happenings of Hinamizawa to her absolute control?

Changing timeiines here and there, from Rika's dream pursuit to St. Lucia...to her very own Uncle Teppei's temperament from before the torment (that is Tataridamashi-hen), I smell a rat in-between the lines. To see Teppei change drastically to become the kind uncle that shields Satoko and asking for her forgiveness (even after going through THIS much pain), I can't help but feel uneasy for future events down the pipeline.

With how things are progressing, there's NO way that this'll end at Ep 24 without the clear trolling resolution that Ryukishi07 is known for.

Already confirmed for 3-cours minimum by a TV Station leak for April (up to ep 30).
Mar 11, 2021 8:12 AM

Jan 2020
KANLen09 said:
Is it me or is it that Satoko is trying to use the timeloop ability to bend the happenings of Hinamizawa to her absolute control?

Changing timeiines here and there, from Rika's dream pursuit to St. Lucia...to her very own Uncle Teppei's temperament from before the torment (that is Tataridamashi-hen), I smell a rat in-between the lines. To see Teppei change drastically to become the kind uncle that shields Satoko and asking for her forgiveness (even after going through THIS much pain), I can't help but feel uneasy for future events down the pipeline.

I'm pretty sure they changed it to being 30 episodes instead of 24

Mar 11, 2021 8:18 AM

May 2020
Best boy Teppei redeems Gou by himself. Screw Satoshi, no wonder she said bye to him she has her new Nii nii right here.

Honestly though. With the 30+ episodes thing Gou has a good chance to get its second wind. Lets hope for the best.
ChargecoulombMar 11, 2021 8:24 AM
Mar 11, 2021 8:19 AM

Jul 2012
ManWild said:
KANLen09 said:

In actuality, it's more like 30+, the 30th will just be the last ep to air in April.
TV stations in Japan have seasonal regulations, Gou will probably have 36-39 (if not more) eps considering it started in Oct 2020.
Mar 11, 2021 8:22 AM

Jul 2017
@Danpmss @ManWild don't need to tag me too much, pretty much knew that Gou will go further than 24 episodes with the info leak. Thanks.
Mar 11, 2021 8:28 AM

May 2020
The summary says that changes start to happen without Satokos noticing

Basically confirming a big bad evil Eua (an active one) ... Or the precense of another culprit.

With her knowledge of Rikas past worlds she should be on extreme high alert the moment her Uncle tries to help her.

It would be kinda interesting if Teppei was actually well intentioned in Gou with Featherine messing with things to see how Satoko would react.

It would be interesting if the Damashi Arcs were really out of her control.

ChargecoulombMar 11, 2021 8:46 AM
Mar 11, 2021 8:46 AM
Jul 2018
oh damn this episode was pretty interesting, the other ppl regaining memories and more insight into the uncle and stuff. seems like he wasn't an entirely bad guy but its understandable why satoko would react that way, i wouldn't take the chance either.
Mar 11, 2021 8:52 AM
Jul 2018
TEPPEI REDEMPTION ARC

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This episode was actually good. Although I don't think Gou can redeem itself it might get a bit better in 30+ episodes.
Mar 11, 2021 8:59 AM

Feb 2019
So apparently Gou is listed with at least 30 eps on the AT-X schedule which is great because I need more of this arc. There could be even more after that too which I’m looking forward to! As I’ve said before, I’ve enjoyed this a lot more than the originals.

So we now know people outside of the loops can retain memories of previous loops as well, Teppei being a good guy or at least trying to be one, feels so weird. I felt for Satoko when she had her PTSD flashback at the end there. I think he’ll end up playing a big role down the stretch in this arc.

As for Eua, she’s definitely up to something and manipulating satoko. As for what that is, I’m not sure.
Marinate1016Mar 11, 2021 9:02 AM
Mar 11, 2021 9:01 AM

Jul 2014
Danpmss said:
ManWild said:

In actuality, it's more like 30+, the 30th will just be the last ep to air in April.
TV stations in Japan have seasonal regulations, Gou will probably have 36-39 (if not more) eps considering it started in Oct 2020.

Unless they have some plans for other shows, yeah 36-37 episodes for Gou is more likely due to how seasons premier and schedules work for TV Shows.

Man I dropped Gou because it had slow pacing and thought it will get a rushed ending
Looks like we still have a way ahead of us, maybe its worth picking up again.
Mar 11, 2021 9:05 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
A nice Teppei is not something I ever expected to see in Higurashi but this is kind of nice. With the recent finds of this being more than 2 cours too it opens up a lot more possibilities for further character explorations like this
Mar 11, 2021 9:05 AM

Oct 2017
This is another thing that shouldn't have been done in Higurashi tbh. I mean I dun mind seeing Satoko's uncle being nice to her for once. She might finally get the parental love she deserves but this was totally out of character for him which made it kinda unsettling for me. Thou overall I liked this episode.
Mar 11, 2021 9:06 AM

May 2020
It seems like with the answers we are also getting new questions. I wonder if at somepoint things will spiral out of Satokos control and she will end up with a unbreakable fate type situation for herself as well as Rika.
Mar 11, 2021 9:06 AM

Jan 2014
I highly doubt next week is the final ep, but more something to end on, which leads to another season. After how this week's ep ended after all.
Mar 11, 2021 9:08 AM

May 2020
Ellenwitch said:
I highly doubt next week is the final ep, but more something to end on, which leads to another season. After how this week's ep ended after all.

It looks like we are getting at least 30 eps from what we know so far. If Gou gets 39 eps itll be simmilar to a second season anyway.
Mar 11, 2021 9:09 AM

Jan 2019
Pretty nice startup for his redemption part. Looking forward for more ^-^
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Mar 11, 2021 9:16 AM

Aug 2018
That was the weirdest and fastest character development/redemption in anime history lol I know it's probably happened within years and years of time-looping but still, it was just a couple of minutes for us. Also, it's weird knowing this Satoko is the same one that said goodbye to Satoshi and trying to destroy Rika... Guess she just reached that level of craziness or something.

The same thing with that card "trick", just try imagining how many years and deaths it requires for pulling this little trick off just to surprise some kids for a couple of minutes. Also, this makes it feel that everything else that happened in these time loops and deaths was irrelevant and pointless.

I don't know if it is just me, but the anime isn't doing a great job of showing off the time looping as much as the visual novel.

All that being said, the episode was't really that bad and probably one of the better ones.
Mar 11, 2021 9:17 AM

Jul 2017
Uncle's redemption arc, nice. Shocking seeing him protecting Satoko like this, very unusual for us watchers too.

and looks like the rumours were correct, no way next eps is the last. Not with another arc coming soon, great. Im hoping for a full 3-cour season of 36 eps.
Mar 11, 2021 9:18 AM

Jan 2015
But if this is the timeline we saw in the first cour (now from Satoko’s pov), I’m pretty sure Teppei actually did beat up Satoko. Correct me if I’m wrong
Mar 11, 2021 9:18 AM

Jul 2012
MegamiRem said:
This is another thing that shouldn't have been done in Higurashi tbh. I mean I dun mind seeing Satoko's uncle being nice to her for once. She might finally get the parental love she deserves but this was totally out of character for him which made it kinda unsettling for me. Thou overall I liked this episode.

It was explicitly stated that character developments may carry through fragments and that Teppei might have went through quite a lot of those and got to understand he was a horrible person at some point, which is what we are seeing now. He being a good Uncle after so long, but this happens after a time where he already abused Satoko.

Nothing new, we saw that happening with Akasaka in Matsuribayashi.
Mar 11, 2021 9:19 AM

Apr 2014
Woah! good guy Teppei. Never expected or imagined that before. It's something new that looks very interesting to see. It's pretty good to see him acting good to Satoko for once.
何それ?意味分かんない
Mar 11, 2021 9:24 AM

May 2020
Danpmss said:
MegamiRem said:

It was explicitly stated that character developments may carry through fragments and that Teppei might have went through quite a lot of those and got to understand he was a horrible person at some point, which is what we are seeing now. He being a good Uncle after so long, but this happens after a time where he already abused Satoko.

Heck even Tomoe and Keichii remember stuff but Akasaka is special since his memories (werent likely) the only things to carry over. Even his fighting abilities did. If I remeber properly.

Matsu was special because Hanyuu was combining fragments. Since This is a seperate fragment chances are that the Teppei in this fragment is less of a monster and could possibly be disgusted at remembering his actions in past loops.
ChargecoulombMar 11, 2021 9:28 AM
Mar 11, 2021 9:28 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Satoko trying the game contest from Watanagashi's arc... that was quite fun to watch.
But now it seems like the other characters are keeping some of their memories from the previous timelines (like Keiichi for Onikakushi) and especially Teppei for every he's done to Satoko, and now it's time for his redemption, I didn't expect it at all, and now I have no idea how the anime will finish for the next and last episode, I hope that there will be a 2nd season for Gou, I don't think that they can finish Satoko's arc in only one episode to be honest
Mar 11, 2021 9:29 AM

Jul 2008
Aikotoba said:
looks like the rumours were correct, no way next eps is the last. Not with another arc coming soon, great. Im hoping for a full 3-cour season of 36 eps.

Yeah, the "Sotsu" leaks may turn out to be true after all.
Mar 11, 2021 9:34 AM
Apr 2016
Danpmss said:
ManWild said:

Make it 34 episodes please, ehehee~

thank Witches next week is not last episode~
im excited to see how the other characters who surprisingly got HS will played out.
especially Akasaka and the police.
Mar 11, 2021 9:36 AM

Oct 2015
omg, so all these cycles affected Teppei to have a change of heart or something like that... I was shocked the whole episode. This is something I wasn't expecting something this wholesome. I'm happy he defended Satoko against the delinquents and tried to be a good uncle but still, Satoko has so much trauma since he did beat her. I think it was a decent episode^^ I hope there will be more episodes bc after this I can't believe Higurashi can after one episode edit: I read other replies so 30 episode sounds nice
SweetheadMar 11, 2021 9:43 AM
Mar 11, 2021 9:39 AM

Sep 2007
I have seen Higurashi do some fucked up shit... but trying to make us like Teppei? Now you've gone too far. I'll have nightmares for weeks.
Mar 11, 2021 9:48 AM

Aug 2019
So Satoko thinks Rika screwed up her perfect timeline in Tataridamashi, when she doesn't even do shit in every timeline like this. So that's why the rampage starts after that arc. I didn't think Tataridamashi needed an answer, the only things answered are the pills hint presented in ep 9(?) and Satoko's motive - the latter could be unrelated. (By unrelated, when I wrote it I meant they could give a shitty motive at any given point, which is just what they've been doing so far. But now Satoko actually has a good motive.)
rafaelfserafimMar 11, 2021 10:19 AM
Mar 11, 2021 9:49 AM

Oct 2017
Danpmss said:
MegamiRem said:

You know I posted this comment after watching the episode. So whats the point in quoting me and then writing a summary of the episode?

Also as for the Aksaka part, I already mentioned this in that episode discussion thread that Aksaka killing Rika is something that should have never been done in Higurashi. Thus I wrote in this thread that "This is another thing that shouldn't have been done in Higurashi tbh."
Mar 11, 2021 9:51 AM

May 2020
rafaelfserafim said:
So Satoko thinks Rika screwed up her perfect timeline in Tataridamashi, when she doesn't even do shit in every timeline like this. So that's why the rampage starts after that arc. I didn't think Tataridamashi needed an answer, the only things answered are the pills hint and Satoko's motive - the latter could be unrelated.

The episode summary points to that as well. Things happen without Satoko knowing (or doing) them.

Possible pointing to Eua messing with things to keep it interesting or another culprit possibly looper.
Mar 11, 2021 9:58 AM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
Teppei redemption feels a little unearned, but not as silly as Satoko's super suicide chain to win a card game. For all Re:Zero's mistakes, at least it leaves deaths with some weight, but this has just thrown that idea out the window.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Mar 11, 2021 10:04 AM

May 2019
Remember when ppl joked about Teppei being the actual hero of the story? Now expect Umineko GOU, but Gohdatrice is canon.

Mar 11, 2021 10:08 AM
Oct 2020
I can't believe it... GOOD GUY TEPPEI IS REAL LETS GO
Mar 11, 2021 10:09 AM
Master

Sep 2012
that was unexpected... seeing teppei all friendly and stuff... I really wanna know how are they gonna finish it next week xD but I highly expect a 2nd season or contination (i already saw the schedule with 30th episode thing)

oh and it was funny how Satoko actually named "featherine"
Eeeh.... uuuh.... aaaah... XD Eua-san
Mar 11, 2021 10:10 AM

Aug 2019
Chargecoulomb said:
rafaelfserafim said:
So Satoko thinks Rika screwed up her perfect timeline in Tataridamashi, when she doesn't even do shit in every timeline like this. So that's why the rampage starts after that arc. I didn't think Tataridamashi needed an answer, the only things answered are the pills hint and Satoko's motive - the latter could be unrelated.

The episode summary points to that as well. Things happen without Satoko knowing (or doing) them.

Possible pointing to Eua messing with things to keep it interesting or another culprit possibly looper.
When I said unrelated, I meant to say that it could happen in any given point, not necessarily in this arc. They could give a shitty motive anywhere, like they did so far. But imo this is kind of a fitting motive.
Mar 11, 2021 10:19 AM

Nov 2008
okay good guy Teppei that's uhhhh something
Mar 11, 2021 10:27 AM

Aug 2009

Cringe . If she can just snap her fingers then what was the point of all those suicides in the previous fragments?
Dont tell me that she kills herself and relives the fragment till the card game. There is no guarantee that the cards would have the same position.

The hero we all wanted since ep16 is here.

It is weird that the one character everyone hates, even more than Takano(and I guess Satoko in Gou) has the better character development.

He is trying to be nice and leave his past life behind not because of some out of character realization like "Hey maybe being a living piece of shit is kinda bad?", but because he is afraid that he will die alone like nothing.
It is a pretty selfish reason but IN THIS CASE both the show and himself recognize this.
He is still garbage but his motive to change is at least logical.

Oh it isnt "Featherine" it is "Eua". I am sure an Ushiromiya Eva or Auau joke is hidden there.

And while it isnt the fault of the series itself, I see the subs are still garbage with random localization because apparently the shitty translators they have think they are writers now. Gou is pretty bad but I dont think that should give them courage about their writing abilities.
Mar 11, 2021 10:30 AM

Jul 2012
MegamiRem said:
Danpmss said:

You know I posted this comment after watching the episode. So whats the point in quoting me and then writing a summary of the episode?

Also as for the Aksaka part, I already mentioned this in that episode discussion thread that Aksaka killing Rika is something that should have never been done in Higurashi. Thus I wrote in this thread that "This is another thing that shouldn't have been done in Higurashi tbh."

I'm talking about Akasaka in Matsuribayashi, 8th arc of the OG, final arc of Kai.
The same thing happened to him.
Mar 11, 2021 10:31 AM

Feb 2012
I was wondering how they can have time for Teppei redemption if they're going to wrap this up in the next episode, good to know there's more to come. This is turning out to be better than the original, which suffered from the typical time loop problems, having to repeat scenes too many times. And also I'm happy they didn't re-imagine my least favourite arcs, instead replacing them with this totally new stuff that adds depth to Satoko, who's now more interesting than originally.

If people closest to the looper are the most affected, I wonder if this has an effect on Satoshi as well, somehow.
Mar 11, 2021 10:33 AM

Jul 2012
gaussian_ said:
Teppei redemption feels a little unearned, but not as silly as Satoko's super suicide chain to win a card game. For all Re:Zero's mistakes, at least it leaves deaths with some weight, but this has just thrown that idea out the window.

Satoko can use her powers at will and basically save-scum in real life without consequences or limits, veeeeery different from Subaru's situation. Not to mention she is doing things to herself, while Subaru has 99% of anything in his isekai wanting a piece of his dead meat. For her death is cheap and can be used as a tool.
Mar 11, 2021 10:34 AM

May 2020
F(e)atherine A(u)gustus (A)urora
Thats the only connection I can think of.

Maybe theres something here in Japanese?
Mar 11, 2021 10:34 AM

Aug 2009
So if previous loops affect everyone then what happened to Satoko's development in Minagoroshi?

Feorg said:
This is turning out to be better than the original, which suffered from the typical time loop problems, having to repeat scenes too many times.

I am not sure which Higurashi you watched .
Mar 11, 2021 10:35 AM

May 2020
Danpmss said:
gaussian_ said:

Satoko can use her powers at will and basically save-scum in real life without consequences or limits, veeeeery different from Subaru's situation. Not to mention she is doing things to herself, while Subaru has 99% of anything in his isekai wanting a piece of his dead meat.

Abilities work the same Way. Its not like Satoko doesnt feel the pain of dying herself.
Mar 11, 2021 10:36 AM

Aug 2009
Danpmss said:
gaussian_ said:

Satoko can use her powers at will and basically save-scum in real life without consequences or limits, veeeeery different from Subaru's situation. Not to mention she is doing things to herself, while Subaru has 99% of anything in his isekai wanting a piece of his dead meat. For her death is cheap and can be used as a tool.
Then why the need to kill herself?

Mar 11, 2021 10:37 AM

May 2020
ssjokg said:
So if previous loops affect everyone then what happened to Satoko's development in Minagoroshi?

Feorg said:
This is turning out to be better than the original, which suffered from the typical time loop problems, having to repeat scenes too many times.

By the way Eua says it. It didnt happen enough times to leave an imprint on Satoko. Which is kind of a shame honestly.
Mar 11, 2021 10:37 AM

Jul 2012
ssjokg said:

Feorg said:

He prob watched the first adaptation, so I guess he is about right, it's crap compared to the VN anyway.

Her development from Minagoroshi is present in Matsuribayashi, and is also the cause of her character derailment once Rika choose to leave her aside.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

395 by Stinkyanimebrap »»
Mar 19, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2021

314 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2021

323 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 14, 2021

317 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jan 7, 2021

166 by Drinzen »»
Feb 17, 3:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.