Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 11, 2020 4:48 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dang, it seems ther are characters in this show that hates mages. I suppose in a world of magic, there's bound to be characters like that.

Elaina also discovers more truth about herself and magic this episode. Interestingly, we also got some of Saya and seeing her sister again felt like an important part of this show.
Stark700Dec 11, 2020 4:55 AM
Dec 11, 2020 5:00 AM

Jul 2017
Even in Qunorts, trouble doesn't sleep, and that is true for both apprentices Saya and Elaina...the former with the Curio Company thieves making a comeback, trying to steal Sheila's box that was supposed to be delivered to the United Magic Association, and the latter just because she's a good-enough target. How beautiful you are, the self-praising Elaina. Not ashamed to say so yourself.

Man oh man Saya (that's body-swapped over to Elaina), being manipulated to open Pandora's Box IS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER. A large cusp of dangerous magic dust that releases the desires of lust, be it humans or animals, it affects all to crazy mayhem. The revived Curio Company really is up to no good once again...20 years before, and even now. Wandering Witch: Your Name Edition?

Pretty hilarious seeing both Elaina and Saya in each other's bodies, and we get to see Elaina's flirty form and Saya's serious mode. And it's easy to see the issue being resolved just as quick, and the ringleader being the leader of the Curio Company from back when Sheila and Fran were both apprentices to Elaina's mom. Talk about instant karma striking twice. You may fool the students but definitely not the teachers.

Oh-ho, so the girl earlier was Saya's sister Mina (and also under Shelia), and sure enough, their thought processes are different. Don't worry Saya, you'll get to see Elaina again soon (either in next week's final episode or the LN/WN). Didn't expect Fran to drop the reveal of Elaina's mom being Nikeh, but Elaina is fine with not knowing, because she has a journey of her own to continue the legacy.

A pretty good double-team, back-to-back episodes of both the teachers and their apprentices' lives. Wondering where the final episode next week will take this journey to, because this felt like a very perfect episode finale.
KANLen09Dec 11, 2020 6:34 AM
Dec 11, 2020 5:29 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
And now it's time for Elaina and Saya to have problems with the Curio company...pretty fun to see them switching bodies lol + all the love in the city because she opened the box xD too bad that now there is only one episode left, I wonder how they'll end it.
Dec 11, 2020 5:31 AM

Jan 2014
Pretty fun episode gotta say.

We finally got to see Saya's sister for a change, and it was welcoming to see, even if it was a pretty crazy episode lol. Shame it's finishing next week, I'd love for more.
Dec 11, 2020 5:37 AM

Apr 2010
Well we already knew where this episode would be taking place from last week but it was a nice episode to watch.
We got to meet Saya's sister who seems more down to earth then Saya tho she does have her things as well.
As for Elaina she gained a new experience living in Saya's body.
The mayhem in the town was funny to watch and the way Saya's sister went after Elaine and Saya's body was funny.
Dec 11, 2020 5:38 AM
Jul 2019
Only one more episode left. Damn. This episode was really good as we got introduced to Saya’s sister, Mina who oddly enough was also taught by Sheila. So apparently the box contained some live curse that was utilized by the revived Curio company to loot and raid the city. When Saya was flirting with Elaina’s reflection when her body was swapped with Elaina was pretty damn funny. Her love for her waifu knows no bounds. This episode connected the previous episode pretty well as both Elaina and Saya are finally reunited with their senseis which was pretty nice and touching. I also love the final moment with Elaina and Fran, and their interaction showed how much Fran was important to her and why Elaina loves traveling. Next week is the season finale. Can’t wait to see what enfolds.
Dec 11, 2020 5:40 AM

Feb 2019
This episode was nonstop laughter for me lol. Mina being under the spell and confessing her feelings to “Saya” was hilarious, then “Elaina”, controlled by Saya, fawning over herself in the window 😂 . I wonder if Elaina will ever reciprocate Saya’s feelings later on.

I liked how we didn’t get an OP or ED today and just got nonstop action, but I’m a bit confused on when this takes place. I’m assuming it’s after the time travel arc, but are they not gonna mention that ever again? Surely that was a traumatic experience for Elaina..

Fran all but confirms that Niké is Elaina’s mom and she’s just trying to not think about it so she isn’t tempted to return home. Makes sense

Only one episode left :/ I’m sad just thinking of it.
Dec 11, 2020 5:49 AM

Oct 2017
Lol Saya's sister Mina was a siscon huh, totally opposite of how her personality was hinted before.

Really loved this episode, getting to see all five of them together was wholesome af. Also Elaina has realised who Nike is, I didn't think this would happen so fast. Also her conversation with Fran sensei was heartwarming.
Dec 11, 2020 5:59 AM

Apr 2014
Both Saya and her sister, Mina, are the same when talking about love. Both of them are really obsessed with the one their love.

Body switching is hilarious. We wouldn't see Elaina acting weird like that if she did not switch her body with Saya.
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 11, 2020 6:04 AM
Nov 2020
This was kind of expected. This ep had Monogatari level incest bait. But,

This feels like the end of FAMILY ARC. With epilogue at EP 12.

The story was iyasheki at best, and this is what this episode was all about. And, I was right when they suddenly went with story progression in the middle of the city of the week arcs. That

The home-coming episode will end this season, and I was right.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2020 6:06 AM
Dec 2019
GOD I COULDN'T STOP GRINNING AT THIS EPISODE
_Proxima_Dec 11, 2020 6:14 AM
Dec 11, 2020 6:19 AM

Apr 2020
The penultimate episode of the MajoTabi series...and there's a lot to unpack here goddamn. Elaina and Saya arrives at the time where the Antique Hall group from last episode are all freed from juvie prison, and they're back to wreak havoc again.

For good measure, I have to put a spoiler tab to this *sigh*.

They managed to catch on with the situation and neutralizes the ransacking group and capture the old hag of a boss. In the end, Shiela and Fran finishes the job and arrests the Boss of the Antique Hall once again.

Things got back to normal and we found out that Mina is actually an apprentice to Sheila and the reasoning why she is taken away from her sister, Saya. And with that their job is done and Saya is once again forced to be taken away from her (wife) Elaina. At the last scene, Fran reminds Elaina to return to her hometown and Elaina considers her feelings.

That was it for the episode that was so messy yet so fun. Hope they have a solid ending to this wonderful series, cause for I'm sure I'm gonna miss this. We would love a second season!
Dec 11, 2020 6:27 AM

Jun 2012

So does Elaina know and is pretending to not know, or does she genuinely not know?

Dec 11, 2020 6:29 AM

Apr 2019
Glordit said:

So does Elaina know and is pretending to not know, or does she genuinely not know?

she probably knows but doesn't want to acknowledge it because then her travels will end :(

Dec 11, 2020 6:35 AM

Aug 2013
Quite the amusing episode with the body switching of Elaina and Saya. Seeing Elaina's body acting all weird was something to see.

Too bad there isn't an OP in this episode since it is one of favourites of this season. :(

Dec 11, 2020 6:45 AM

Sep 2019
Both sisters express their love without holding back, and both of them love someone a little too much lol. Good episode, I really enjoyed it.
Dec 11, 2020 6:46 AM

Mar 2020
...Curio Company back causing problems for Elaina, Saya as well as the whole city.

Saya's sister...she's...interesting...

Saya loved the fact that she was able to switch bodies with Elaina, she was falling in love xD.

More of a comedy type episode with a powerful ending! I wonder what the final episode has in store...

OK episode :)
Dec 11, 2020 6:55 AM

Jun 2019
Loved the episode. Quite funny. Quite cute.
Dec 11, 2020 6:58 AM

Aug 2018
After the last week episode which sent us in the past, we're back on the present timeline but at the same with different events ! Quite funny episode, we even discovered Saya's sister.
Dec 11, 2020 7:01 AM

Apr 2020
Probably my favourite episode so far
I’m quite excited for the last episode

Let hope it doesn’t end with a dark episode-.
Nina supporter for life💕
Dec 11, 2020 7:11 AM

Jan 2013
i like that this was actually a continuation from last week and the body switch gimmick with Saya and Elaina’s reactions all episode was pretty funny.
Dec 11, 2020 7:13 AM

Nov 2013
I mean I get where the story's coming from, but to be honest I'd put this episodes in the same bracket as the grapes/wine episode where I thought the show's at it worst. Instead of something mature and contemplative, this episode was kinda juvenile and fanservicey (it's that even a word ?) in the way the characters behave to say the least.

That said with 1 episodes left, I'm not gonna lie, this show deserves more than 1 cour series. If they do a sequel and I’m still around, then sure, I’ll keep following the series. I may have issues with it, but I guess it because Elaina just isn’t my type of anime. For people who enjoy these stories, the anime does its job quite well. But it’s not for me. It’s the same reason why I think Natsume Yuujinchou is not my type of anime, but the show is often regarded as one of the best anime series ever made. Not every story out there will appeal to everyone. Still, for this reason Elaina isn’t wholly uninteresting to me. I can confidently say this and Nana is my top two anime this season (with JJK is looming but shounen rarely do it for me), just to show how terrible this season has been, still waiting for final episode to decide.
DannyTheDonkeyDec 11, 2020 7:28 AM
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Dec 11, 2020 7:20 AM

Oct 2018
Saya-chan is a show woman, jeez.

I laughed my ass off when she was whining in the ending of the episode.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Dec 11, 2020 7:24 AM
Jul 2020
That was a pretty fun episode
Elaina and Saya meeting again and defeating enemies together
But dude That surprised me. Elaina and Saya switching body i cant stop laughing at that part
Dec 11, 2020 7:33 AM

Dec 2018
It was so fucking close from doing something right but ofc it failed once again. Centimetres away from glorious incest lesbian kissing . But no that would be a brilliant move and this anime is everything else then brilliant IMO . I give up! Stupidity cant be cured and this anime is the proof of that

But at-least we have one "lesbian" "kiss" I guess. Elaina/Saya kissed herself/Elaina Lol. Good for you honey!Even if I dont like this anime overall I do think that scene was funny

Yuri-CrusaderDec 11, 2020 8:48 AM
Dec 11, 2020 7:39 AM
Jul 2019
Saya and mina in this episode are so cute 😍
Dec 11, 2020 8:12 AM

May 2020
This episode was excellent! Everything was sooooo good.

Saya and Elaina changing bodies, Mina appear and our dynamic duo of Sheila and Fran saved the city, again.

And most important, it seems that Elaina is now aware of who Nike is and that Sheila and Fran are his apprentices, but still, Elaina wants to travel more.
Dec 11, 2020 8:19 AM
Mar 2018
This episode is good but I don't like the fanservice/yuri part. I know the episode/chapter is inevitable because it's kinda important and connected to the story as Elaina now know or choose to not know that her mother is Nikeh. But still for me I'll be satisfy with this if, only, they also adapt the other dark and interesting chapter from the novel.
Dec 11, 2020 8:19 AM

Nov 2014
I love how smoothly it went. No drama or forced tension.

Saya's sister turned out to be really fun character. It'd be nice to see two of them more.
Dec 11, 2020 8:41 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode, turned out to be way more fun than I expected.

Saya as Elaina fawning over herself at the window was hilarious. Mina is pretty cute too and it was amusing when she got all aggressive on Elaina as Saya.
Saya whining at the end was funny and Mina's hostile glares were gold.

Sounds like Elaina pieced together the facts from the Adventures of Nike but I can understand where she's coming from when she mentioned that she didn't want to realize things yet. Sometimes, it's better to turn the blind eye to something that might affect the path you want to go down. Elaina and Fran's conversations are always so engaging, down to earth and compelling. I loved the final scene where Elaina is honest with her feelings towards Fran-sensei and everyone else around her.

I do hope we get an episode where Elaina travels back home.
Dec 11, 2020 8:47 AM

May 2019
Elaina is supposed to be travelling around the world but she keeps encountering the same 3-4 witches that it often doesn’t seem like she’s actually travelling.

This episode was an unnecessary repetition of the last episode.

And just great, another case of siscon. An anime trope I despise.

2/5, one of the worst episodes of this anime if not the worst.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Dec 11, 2020 9:15 AM
Jun 2017
Damn! Next week will be the last episode. Any news on season 2?
Dec 11, 2020 9:31 AM

Mar 2016
I came into this episode honestly a bit anxious because I inadvertently stepped into comments from people complaining about this one and how it pushed too much of the "yuri" agenda, which is very stupid considering Assault Lily and Adachi to Shimamura for this season have FAR more homosexual implications than this (not like that saves those two from being so mediocre and underwhelming).

I guess I didn't need to worry at all, considering Fridays this season have never disappointed me even once with this and JJK.

Majo no Tabitabi loves to switch tones up quite a lot, which can understandably put off many people, but I believe there's right and wrong ways of doing that, and this kind of storytelling does it in a good way, imho.

It's another one of those obnoxiously hilarious love potion (smoke/powder) & body switching shenanigans. The whole foolery thing aside, it's now apparently to Elaina AND all viewers with functioning brains that Nike is without a doubt her very mother, although Elaina herself wasn't very upfront with admitting it finally occurred to me (which is why it still may be just implied she knows). Considering Elaina in Saya's body never actually breathed in those love fumes, and then we see her lovingly blushing while admitting to Fran she likes her, and everyone she has established personal ties with up to that point, it makes more sense why Elaina acts the way she does, and why she tries hard not to get attached to certain places besides home. Not an overly amazing episode by any means by itself, but anyone willing to understand the show better should be able to get quite a bit out of this, regardless.

Saya and her young sister Mina reuniting and then the revelation on why they got separated and how Mina truly felt about her older sister was also really nice (especially when you put Sheila's explanation of the effects of the "love fumes" from that suspicious little box into consideration).

Really disheartening that this is coming to an end soon. I wish the adaptation chose even better segments, but I also understand their intent to have a much wider audience.

Already a personal favorite of mine and still my AOTS (perhaps AOTY), unless Jujutsu Kaisen starts surging with the next few episodes.
Dec 11, 2020 10:42 AM

Sep 2020
This episode was hilarious, especially the body swap! XD
It was really fun!

I never thought Elaina will be tricked though.
But anyways, she's just so adorable! ><

It was a nice talk with Fran sensei and Elaina!
Can't wait for the next episode, sadly, it'll be the last episode :(
2322Dec 11, 2020 10:49 AM
Dec 11, 2020 10:48 AM

Oct 2018
Well I never knew that the box that the Curio gangster carried was a love potion! Elaina opened it and cause chaos around the town! Speaking of chaos, Mina almost kissed Elaina in Saya's body is hillarious! 😁

Oh yeah, not just love potion, the Curio gangster even body switch Elaina and Saya to ensure Elaina will accidentally open the box! Saya sure really takes a liking of having her body switched with Elaina! The part where Saya in Elaina's body admire herself in front of the window is really hillarious! 😂

And it looks like we finally meet Saya's imouto, Mina! Speaking of, Mina seems to really adore her older sister a lot (If you know how the curse of love potion works)! XD

Poor Saya, she doesn't want to leave Elaina-san again! And also it looks like Mina declares Elaina her love rival for now! I wonder how the episode will end now that we only have one last episode next week! Can't wait to see how it ends! XD
RiriHitosuyanagiDec 11, 2020 11:27 AM
Forum set made by Nate
Dec 11, 2020 11:05 AM
Oct 2015
I like the series but this episode didn't do it for me. I hated it.
Dec 11, 2020 11:07 AM
May 2016
Both those siblings need a drink cuz they are thirsty
Dec 11, 2020 11:38 AM

Feb 2019
So, the reason why Elaina wasn't affected at all, not even a bit, by the gas thing is because she doesn't like (since it apparently doesn't need to be a 'romantic' like for it to be augmented) anyone or was the audience just supposed to brush it aside and forget about it?
Dec 11, 2020 11:54 AM

Feb 2015
Can't beleive how stupid Elaina is.

Really disappointing and mediocre episode.
Dec 11, 2020 11:58 AM

Mar 2018
Except the part where the whole town became a gay town (seriously, why can't it be something more simpler and wholesome like people falling into sleep instead of this fetish bait?), I love all other parts of this episode. Damn, the best girl Mina appeared so late. I want to see her more. Saya's reactions in Elaina's body are funny as heck. Curio Company (I'm still wondering where is this name comes from) is a comedic villain that you just can't hate, and I also relate to the part Elaina doesn't want to acknowledge Nike is her mother. 4.5/5 episode.

Next week is the last one, huh? I'm gonna miss this show for sure. Hope it'll be a light-hearted episode again. Tbh, now I feel like previous dark episodes are kinda out of place in this show. I can probably recommend this anime to someone who hates dark stuff to skip episode 3, 4 and 9, and nothing won't change.

Dec 11, 2020 12:22 PM

Apr 2020
Saya and her sister both gay confirmed haha

Nice ep overall, and quite interesting too
Dec 11, 2020 12:51 PM

Oct 2020
Interesting episode. Mina lusts after her elder sister Saya and Saya lusts after her mentor Elaina.

Dec 11, 2020 1:11 PM

Aug 2020
I did not understand the last scene!

Dec 11, 2020 1:17 PM

Jul 2020
Another great episode. Pretty hilarious overall. Mina having the hots for her sister, and Saya for Elaina. Saya going as far as licking the reflection of her as Elaina XD

Also, how come Elaina doesn't wanna acknowledge that her Mom is Nike? I know she says she doesn't wanna end her travels, but how come she feels this way?
Dec 11, 2020 1:23 PM

Apr 2015
Quite the funny episode!

I was wondering at the start what that red ball of dust was that hit Saya, but as soon as they shot the blue one on Elaina, I had a feeling what was going to happen and I was not disappointed. A case of body switching.

Poor Elaina got tricked by her own curiosity to open the box when she woke up again in Saya's body. The effects were great though. With Saya's little sister, Mina there as well, it got quite heated as the effect of the mysterious box made Mina into a super siscon.

Also loved Saya making those faces with Elaina's face. At first I thought it was the effect of the box that did that to her, but since she held her breath as well, that couldn't be the case. Saya is just thirsty as fuck for Elaina, which proved when she wanted to lick the reflection of Elaina in the window.

All ends well, with Fran and Sheila also arriving in time to give a helping hand. The body switching was reverted the next day and shortly after they said goodbye again. The conversation between Elaina and Fran before they parted was lovely. Only one episode remaining :(

Mina voiced by Minami Takahashi.. Honestly don't hear enough of her but instantly recognized her.
Dec 11, 2020 1:39 PM

Jun 2017
Ah yes now we get incest too, not bad. Loved the comedy a lot as degenerate it was. lmao

Elaina was really stupid this time though, "oh I just woke up in a totally different place from where I was and have no idea what's going on, let's just open this random box in my hand, what could possibly go wrong?".
Dec 11, 2020 2:29 PM

Jun 2019
Elaina wakes up after finding herself in a completely different place, in a different body, with someone claiming to be her sister talking to her, and the first thing she does is open a suspicious-looking box. Also, I guess her realization from the time-travelling episode didn’t matter. This series really wastes some great animation.
Dec 11, 2020 2:35 PM

Apr 2018
Ah yes, it's the time that the Curio Company comes back and having Saya and Elaina deal with the problem just like their teachers.

ngl Saya's sister is kinda cute and the curse that affected her xD
Dec 11, 2020 2:45 PM

Jan 2020
Amazing episode like always. It was nice seeing the important characters again come together. It was visually stunning (especially the last scene with Elaina and Fran sensei) and I really enjoyed the relaxing tone for this.

It's really sad that there's only one episode left. I'll definitely miss watching it.

Dec 11, 2020 3:06 PM

Jul 2017
This episode is so much joy.
Sloppy "perfect plan" villain, the fact they are spot on about Elaina would probably open it immediately, and how Saya's sister is exactly like Saya XD
And this, right there, is something we can all agree upon.

and this is something we can't really agree on

... because your beauty isn't ordinary at all (・ω<)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Does anyone know how long Elaina has been traveling and what age she started

Ninja_inslops - Nov 1, 2021

8 by Ranka-Nyan »»
Apr 19, 9:38 AM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2020

243 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 12, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2020

129 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 11, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2020

173 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 9, 7:41 PM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

276 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 9, 7:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.