Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 16, 2020 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Again, it seems this season really plays onto the idea of survival as it follows Suigimoto and his crew.

It speaks for itself but nature is one of their biggest enemies. With a snow storm like that, it's hard to survive. Luckily, Aspira knows a few things about surviving in the harsh weather with her clever thinking.
Nov 16, 2020 8:36 AM
Jul 2019
Asirpa and the gang have a lead on a woman named Sofia, whom Kiroranke and Wilk have worked for. Looks like they’ll find her to learn more about who Wilk really is. In the beginning of the episode, they go back to the survival aspects of the adventure which the series is known for. I also love it that Sugimoto was willing to piss on Koito’s hand to get the hammer unstuck from his hand. Lastly, the segment with the mountain cat comparison with Ogata keeps implying that Asirpa and Shiraishi will be betrayed at any moment by Kiroranke and Ogata to try to get the code for the Kamuy’s gold out of Asirpa. All in all, another great episodes. I still think more people need to watch this series, it deserves more love.
Nov 16, 2020 8:37 AM
Oct 2016
Sugimoto and company nearly got frozen to death out there. Its rough going through a blizzard with no shelter to find whatsoever. It was nail biting watching as the group got separated, Sugimoto and Tanigaki having to dig a literal hole to try get away from that sharp wind. A smart idea if the ground hadn't been so frozen. I was actually worried about the dogs too being out in that cold. Ryu was as good boy trying to correct their sled when they veered off course. Lucky for them all that Russian couple still had their lighthouse which could be used through the blizzard. A sad story hearing about their daughter running off with that deserter. We did see her in the prison at the end of the episode so I hope she reunites with her parents. Kiroranke has that old connection there maybe his and Asirpa group will bring Svetlana along with them or something. This lady he mentioned Sofia is something alright, I thought Kiroranke said she was beautiful, guess the years haven't been kind. Guess we're getting another prison break.
Nov 16, 2020 8:53 AM
Sep 2015
My brain has to keep up on how one word in Golden Kamuy can have at least three different meaning depending on region and culture.

But hey! Dog blanket!

I thought I'll get to see Sugimoto piss, they run too far away!
Nov 16, 2020 9:06 AM

Apr 2018
Great episode as always.
Nov 16, 2020 9:12 AM

Aug 2013
Things got even more interesting with this episode. As always another great episode.

Sugimoto and his group were lucky to have survived in that blizzard. The Russian couple of the lighthouse were really kind. Let's hope they get reunited with their daughter who was at the prison.

Nov 16, 2020 9:20 AM

Jul 2017
AW MAN, SO CLOSE...YET SO FAR.

Sugimoto's group (Koito and Tsukishima / Sugimoto, Tanigaki and Cikapasi) split in the blazing blizzard, and truth be told, it's not easy to survive even a minute in that kind of condition. Being "frozen to death" isn't one of the most grandiose ways to die. Sugimoto's life wavering in the shadows of snow...the depressing feels. But thankfully, Koito and Tsukishima's encounter of a lighthouse saves them from Nature's atrocities.

Koito, you're so stupid to touch metal bare-handed, and Sugimoto's hot piss to clear it off. Though it'd be great to see the great reactions of irk. And such a sad, sad village caught within the reigns of the Japanese-Russo War, and Sugimoto's scary face to scare the remaining couple off, what a TROLL.

Back to Asirpa's group, the Meko Oyasi (or Cat Monster) sure sounds good for a wildcat folktale. And this woman Sofia Goldenhand held at Ako Prison beyond the borders of Karafuto, is their next integral source of information. And to think that the old couple's daughter Sveltana would be together with her, guess that wasn't a surprise given the whole POW scenario.

Onward for more great episodes!
KANLen09Nov 16, 2020 9:24 AM
Nov 16, 2020 9:24 AM

Sep 2019
Asirpa found out about a women that knew her father. Good episode.
Nov 16, 2020 9:26 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
They almost died because of the cold... the story with the missing daughter + the woman that Asirpa's father loved are both really interesting
Nov 16, 2020 9:35 AM
Sep 2012
another 10/10 episode :D loving this season , svetlana at the end there <3 and the mountain cat chasing ogata's footprints <3 sofia looks like a pirate from one piece :D
Nov 16, 2020 9:57 AM

Oct 2017
Sofia reminds me of Mother Carmel for some reason lol.

Was Kiroranke the one who Svetlana ran away with? I think he was but gotta wait and see for myself.
Nov 16, 2020 10:17 AM

Jun 2012
I love when they throw in the little bits of mysticism.
Shoot first, think never.
Nov 16, 2020 10:52 AM

Apr 2020
love the dog blanket and Ryu is such a smart boy ^w^

when Sugimoto and Koito got that far away cause of the whole hammer and pee thing, was it just a poetic license representing modesty or was there something else i missed? it was fun anyway
Nov 16, 2020 11:40 AM

Jul 2010
AnitadelaBrisa said:
when Sugimoto and Koito got that far away cause of the whole hammer and pee thing, was it just a poetic license representing modesty or was there something else i missed?

I think the anime failed to express it but it represents that: Koito has a problem, which can be solved by Sugimoto (his rival) pissing on his hand, Koito wants his problem solved but Koito also runs away from his problem.
Nov 16, 2020 1:04 PM

Apr 2020
AnitadelaBrisa said:
when Sugimoto and Koito got that far away cause of the whole hammer and pee thing, was it just a poetic license representing modesty or was there something else i missed?

I think the anime failed to express it but it represents that: Koito has a problem, which can be solved by Sugimoto (his rival) pissing on his hand, Koito wants his problem solved but Koito also runs away from his problem.

thanks for the interpretation. also, i don't think there is "much else" behind this. but that scene of them walking away sooo far, idk i find it between awkward and funny >.<
Nov 16, 2020 1:05 PM

Feb 2014
Blizzards are really dangerous, even for veterans who're used to weather like that. Sugimoto, Tanigaki and Cikapasi did really well to stay as warm as they could after getting seperated from the others, with the fire underneath them in the ground and having the dogs from their sleigh to keep them warm. Thankfully, Koito's group found the building, which is also a lighthouse, which helped Sugimoto's group rendezvous with them alive.

While this episode still had a few funny moments (with Koito getting a hammer stuck onto his hand due to the cold temperature being the funniest one today), the episode was more focused on the backstory of Svetlana, who's the daughter of the generous old couple, who ran away from home with a soldier. It was nice for Sugimoto to promise the couple that his group would to their best to find their daughter. =)

Meanwhile with Asirpa's group, we got a good focus on Ogata having a nice moment with the mountain cat, while Kiroranke spoke about his old boss, Sofia Goldenhand, and about the strictness of Oka prison.

Luckily enough, both Svetlana and Sofia are at that prison, so the next episode will be interesting, with Kiroranke reuniting with his old boss. Hopefully Sugimoto's group can close that gap up now...
Nov 16, 2020 1:52 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Sugimoto's group got caught in that blizzard, but they were able to find a lighthouse before freezing to death. The old Russian couple was able to give Sugimoto's group some hospitality after telling them that their daughter went missing. They ended up staying in an Aniu village that is 140km from the Russian border.

Meanwhile, Asirpa's group is heading for the Ako prison to meet Sofia Goldenhand who is Kiroranke's old boss.
Nov 16, 2020 2:37 PM

Apr 2015
Damn that blizzard scene gave me unpleasant flashbacks to a movie I seen once. Luckily they managed to survive that due to a nearby lighthouse showing the way to a warm place and being able to regroup with the rest.

This is only getting better, this Sofia woman is interesting. Definitely not as pretty anymore as shown on the photo, but damn she gives quite the impression. To think that the daughter of the couple that took care of Sugimoto and the rest in also in that very same prison as Sofia.

Looking forward for more.
Nov 16, 2020 4:58 PM
Jul 2018
amazing episode now and just wait for the next episode
Nov 16, 2020 5:32 PM

Apr 2018
Ogata was so cool staring at that linx. I'd love to see a rematch between him and Sugimoto. My money is on Sugimoto of course but Ogata is becoming one of my favorite characters ever.

It's cool to see new characters being introduced. Sofia is such a strong woman! As a young woman she reminds me a bit of Olivier Mira Armstrong. And now that she's old she reminds me of Alex Louis Armstrong XD

Svetlana on the other hand is quite mysterious. I can't wait to know more about her.

This season is truly amazing! Mondays never were so exciting.
Nov 16, 2020 6:19 PM

Mar 2019
Great Episode....

Perfect Score still going...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Nov 16, 2020 6:25 PM

Nov 2010
I hate cold. It's coming from scarcity and poverty.
---
The animated artwork of snow storm is beautiful especially after watching the previous program "Fruits Tart" that has very shabby production. The first half would have been one of best serious episodes if they didn't play with Sugimoto's photo.
Nov 16, 2020 8:02 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh well, after Ogata had a little glimpse about his back past. Sugimoto having the same thing, which might implied something big happen between them. The wild blizzard almost ended up Sugimoto pride as the immortal. Lucky for him, there was a former lighthouse saving the group from a miserable death in the middle of the rain snow. Ryuu was a good dog, you Sugimoto, better praised him more than that!

Well, GK was not GK until they told some history behind their back, deeper than the Russo-Japaness war, including how cruel those old couple lifes had back there. Sugimoto did the right thing to brought those photo, there. Because she might led you into a nice information about Asirpa and A little knowledge about Kiroranke plans, if they could arrived in the right time. Well, as a gratitude it doesn't hurt to help out a little more than nothing to them. Nice, Sugimoto!

Meanwhile, Asirpa's group sooner reached their first goal at Karafuto sides of Russian. Wilk and Kiroranke boss when they both still in the Russia? Those strong lady with a nice body? Dang, man! I guessed, something big might be happened when Kiroranke succeeded to met and let her flee. Or not? Lets see the next!

Also, those Meko Oyasi folkstale was nice for those kids. Ainu must be really great to hold those kind of story within the hereditary. I am kinda impressed with that! Well, the implication of the story related to Ogata again. The thieving cat? Its really him. Lol. What a nice view there, when Sugimoto still couldn't decide his decision, yet. Because his priority, ofc, to find out Asirpa first!

Okay, i think thats enough for me. On to the next episode!
badabassNov 17, 2020 5:53 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 16, 2020 8:52 PM

Jul 2012
I love how this show can successfully sprinkle comedy in between serious moments without losing immersion.

Really awesome how the two stories combined by Svetlana being with Sofia.

Can't wait for next ep!
HikariShoumeironNov 16, 2020 8:55 PM
Nov 16, 2020 9:19 PM

Aug 2019
Seems my memory is foggy, does anyone know where Inkarmat currently is? I’m only asking because she’s listed as one of the characters for this season but I far as I can tell she hasn’t appeared since last season.
snowykevinNov 16, 2020 9:25 PM
Nov 16, 2020 9:21 PM

Jul 2016
Not gonna lie, Sugimoto's ridiculous photo kinda ruined the otherwise serious atmosphere regarding the old couple's missing daughter storyline. Probably of the few times GK actually "fails" at balancing comedy with serious moments.

That aside, it was another pretty good episode. Those first minutes with Sugimoto and co. getting caught in the blizzard sure were intense but I'm glad Tanigaki was there. They pretty much survived thanks to his survival knowledge, after all. Sugimoto's "dream" about his time in the war was also rather wild but thankfully, he came back to his senses after Asirpa's image appeared in his mind.
By the way, Sugimoto saying he recognized the taste of Tanigaki's hometown mochi sure was curious. Wonder if that piece of info will be relevant later on. I'm dumb. Tanigaki gave him some when they were in the war and Sugimoto simply remembered the taste but not the person.

Now as for Asirpa's group, it seems Oka prison is their next destination. Kiroranke told Asirpa about his and Wilk's old boss, Sofia, and the possibility for her to know more about her father's past if they go see her. In that regard, knowing that the old couple's daughter, Svetlana, is in the same prison as well sure caught me by surprise but now I seriously wonder if the man she ran away with was actually Kiroranke after all.

As always, looking forward to next episode.
SouthRzVaNov 21, 2020 9:13 PM
Nov 16, 2020 10:06 PM

Oct 2016
Another really great episode, it's cool that Sugimoto kind of remembers the snack Tanigaki gave him back in the war, though of course Sugimoto didn't know that it was Tanigaki that gave him that.

That Russian couple was really nice, that photo Sugimoto left though lmao. Maybe Svetlana will be able to lead Asirpa to the couple and she will see the photo. They are getting closer and closer to each other, c'mon Sugimoto you are near.

I like the comparison of Ogata to a mountain cat. Ogata didn't even speak this episode, just stared at the mountain cat. But, he was oozing badass energy just standing around there.
Nov 17, 2020 1:50 AM

Jun 2014
After not seeing them for a couple episodes, we finally got to see Sugimoto's group again, and right away it was intense with that blizzard they were dealing with. Thankfully that old Russian couple came through in the clutch with their lighthouse.

So Sugimoto's group is looking for the Russian couple's daughter Svetlana, while Asirpa's group is looking for Sofia, who once knew Wilk. And they both just so happen to be imprisoned together.....hopefully this will reunite the 2 groups.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 17, 2020 2:34 AM

Jul 2016
snowykevin said:
Seems my memory is foggy, does anyone know where Inkarmat currently is? I’m only asking because she’s listed as one of the characters for this season but I far as I can tell she hasn’t appeared since last season.

I think she died didnt she?
Nov 17, 2020 2:42 AM

May 2018
Vindicater said:
snowykevin said:

Maybe she will appear in a flashback?
Nov 17, 2020 3:23 AM

Apr 2012
Intense right at the start! It's a relief that Tanigaki is there with them, as well as the dogs >w< and Ryu's so intelligent for knowing where to go. Who's the good boi? Ryu's the good boi! He desperately deserves that headdress for the lead sled dog now :3
The cinematic on Suigmoto's memories/trauma hit hard though. And they're establishing how Asirpa is like a savior to him.

The folktale on meko oyasi was absurdly fun lol scary but won't "eat" tobacco case XD It's more interesting though because of the conversation within Koito's group and the attention on Ogata. "It's best to kill thieving cats", Koito says, which leaves Sugimoto thinking. Meanwhile, Ogata, the "yama neko" himself sees the meko oyasi eye to eye. I feel like this is a really symbolic moment. He must know what his comrades in the 7th called him, so that meko oyasi kinda represents him. He was about to kill it but Asirpa got in the way - and at the end, we see that his tracks, originally overlapping with the meko oyasi's, are now going its own way. Is this a sign that Ogata is leaving his past as a "yama neko"? And Asirpa's involvement in it is interesting of course.

AND YEAH Sofia is here! And AAAAAHHHHH they're actually animating the Manslayer arc for next episode omg I didn't expect that, I thought they would be skipping it (T⌓T) looking forward to it! <3
alshu said:
Vindicater said:

Maybe she will appear in a flashback?

She's staying with the 7th division. S2's last episode showed that she's being treated there after getting stabbed by Kiro.
Nov 17, 2020 5:53 AM

Jul 2014
Another great episode, and good to return to Sugimoto's group for most of the episode after barely seeing them for the past couple of weeks. They've got quite the amount of catching up to do, though, if they're still over 100km away from the border. Beyond that, not too surprising to learn that Svetlana is also in the "Ako" prison, so that's one way to bring the two groups into contact with each other at the end of the season (at least, I'm guessing that's how it'll go).
Nov 17, 2020 11:37 AM

Mar 2017
This episode is exhibit A for why this anime is so fucking good; it can go from serious to hilarious in a matter of minutes, like Sugimoto have the hallucination about the war and then not long after was the gag photo he put up in the Russian couples house haha

One thing I love about this season so far is all the focus on Ogata. As I've said before, he's probably the most interesting character and it's so awesome that we're getting to see past all the layers that hide his true self. I loved the symbolism of the Mountain Cat at the end there and the paw prints over Ogata's own. Very cool!
Nov 18, 2020 7:54 AM

Feb 2008

Yes, those are nice.

It is a small world, is it not? Now both groups have a common destination, albeit unwillingly.
Nov 19, 2020 5:09 AM

Nov 2016
I don't ever want to get in that situation, but trying to survive in such a storm must be quite the experience.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 19, 2020 1:11 PM
Oct 2017
Vindicater said:
snowykevin said:

nah she is very much alive. she wont appear this season tho.
Nov 19, 2020 2:45 PM

Sep 2018
snowykevin said:
Inkarmat is with the 7th Division and Ienaga. I think she appeared in the very first episode briefly.
Nov 19, 2020 7:31 PM

Oct 2008
Good episode!
Blizzards are really killer to lost ones!
That picture of Sugimoto is crazy hilarious!
Sofia Goldenhand...looks like a buff female character huh!
Cikapasi & Enonoka are so cute together!
5/5.

Prison again! nice!
matias067Nov 19, 2020 7:36 PM

Nov 20, 2020 10:09 PM

Jun 2013
I'm so glad everyone is loving this anime but they're cutting so much shit out, unless I got the timeline mixed up. I swear they cut out the mini arc with Professor Penis. They also didn't show Sofia's big fat nasty tits.
Nov 20, 2020 11:01 PM

Feb 2014
Oh boy. Sofia is here.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 21, 2020 7:49 PM

Nov 2010
SouthRzVa said:
By the way, Sugimoto saying he recognized the taste of Tanigaki's hometown mochi sure was curious. Wonder if that piece of info will be relevant later on.
As this series has a long and winding story, it's difficult to link some incidents. Probably, Sugimoto remembered the taste of the mochi that Tanigaki gave him in episode 6 of the second season (or episode 18 of the entire series).
Nov 21, 2020 9:04 PM

Jul 2016
kuroneko99 said:
SouthRzVa said:
By the way, Sugimoto saying he recognized the taste of Tanigaki's hometown mochi sure was curious. Wonder if that piece of info will be relevant later on.
As this series has a long and winding story, it's difficult to link some incidents. Probably, Sugimoto remembered the taste of the mochi that Tanigaki gave him in episode 6 of the second season (or episode 18 of the entire series).

Yes, a few hours after I posted my comment, I remembered they indeed interacted during the war. As you said, it can be difficult sometimes to remember certain details, especially after two years so I appreciate the reminder. Thanks.
Dec 7, 2020 4:35 AM

Jan 2018
Another close death encounter Sugimoto. Nothing much happened this episode aside from being introduced to another character.
4/5
Dec 15, 2020 1:53 PM
Jul 2013
Another good ep. It wouldn't hurt to get a pair of VA's who can speak Russian tho.
Dec 21, 2020 7:12 PM

Mar 2016
When sugimoto ate tanigaki biscuit again ? Since the flavor was similar.
Tachikoma saves the day !!!
Dec 28, 2020 2:47 PM

Oct 2018
i'm loving this season but i feel like the current plot is moving slower than usual. still, Golden Kamuy was always about the journey, not the destination
Jan 11, 2021 2:08 AM

Mar 2009
Wow. I already love Sofia. Seems like she's going to be a fun character.
Jan 16, 2021 10:13 AM

Nov 2019
They were each eyeing the other with the same cold calculations of "is killing this thing worth the trouble and the risk?" without realizing they were looking in a mirror.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Jan 23, 2021 1:24 PM
Jul 2017
Sofia being whipped like: Joke´s on you, I am into tht sh*t LOL
Feb 19, 2021 9:47 AM

Jun 2020
I loved the survival and comfy rest atmosphere of the blizzard and the group just resting for a moment, Not gonna lie but I thought the Russian Couple to be some pychos who planned on causing trouble for the group, turns out they are good people.
The story of their daughter being taken was sad and it's a nice thing to add for a couple of characters that helped the group to show that there are lots of people out there with their own stories. Sugimoto and his principles on returning the favor to the couple, big respect to the Immortal Sugimoto!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2020

110 by Karva1 »»
Mar 20, 1:12 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2020

105 by Karva1 »»
Mar 20, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2020

61 by Karva1 »»
Mar 19, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2020

120 by Karva1 »»
Mar 19, 4:38 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2020

50 by Karva1 »»
Mar 19, 4:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.