Forum Settings
Forums

Which people do you most enjoy talking to based on age?

New
Which people do you most enjoy talking to based on age?
Nov 13, 2020 12:58 PM

Jul 2020
Personally I like people around my age, but I occasionally like to strike up a conversation with people older than me to get a taste of their lives, but fuck them kids bro, annoying ass pieces of shit
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 13, 2020 2:36 PM

Oct 2017
I personally talk to people around my age, as it should naturally be when you're a teenager and below. The oldest I'd probably be close to irl would be 2 years, I might consider 3 because of the course years but they'd be gone from the university in a couple of months so that sort of seems pointless, but I'd still try to make friends with them if I had the chance. As for online, probably the same thing. MAL? Honestly, I don't mind the age because this feels like a small community on its own. I've got trauma from my father who fucking called the police to our house just to tell me to not talk to older men or men in general, it depends; I won't mention more of that crap (I wasn't and had legitimate proof but okay paranoid family thanks for scarring me tyvm you're so amazing it's almost as if I can't talk to people anymore without feeling like I'm going to be abused but I do it anyway nowadays even if I don't want to because I'm so alone haha thanks for parenting me).
Nov 13, 2020 2:41 PM

Jun 2014
In public, I generally only speak to people who appear to be 40+ years old, as I have a staunch hatred towards young people.

Young people are ignorant, and generally come across as cold and unfriendly, so I avoid them. I won't even make eye contact with them.

Nov 13, 2020 2:41 PM

Jul 2011
People around my age or older but I enjoy talking to younger folks as well. It actually just depends on the person.

Nov 13, 2020 2:50 PM

Nov 2017
I don't have a preference. I can talk to anyone 'bout anything really
Nov 13, 2020 3:05 PM

Apr 2014
I hate talking to older people because all they do is ask you what you’re doing with your life and then try to give you some sort of advice.

I don’t connect with people my age, I just don’t care about what they have to say or what their interests are. The only time I have fun with others is when we’re doing some sort of actual activity

Kids are cool though.
oh snap
Nov 13, 2020 3:12 PM
Jul 2018
Seiya said:
In public, I generally only speak to people who appear to be 40+ years old, as I have a staunch hatred towards young people.

Young people are ignorant, and generally come across as cold and unfriendly, so I avoid them. I won't even make eye contact with them.

lol i wonder what happened in your child hood to make you feel that way. must've not been very pleasant eh?
Nov 13, 2020 3:16 PM

Jan 2020
It's easier talking to older people. One can have stiff relationships with them, while younger people often require loose relationships. That is to say, expectations and consistency.

To contrast this, it's easier talking to younger people in the contexts of subjects and crafts one feels a mastery in, but how often is that?

dddddaisuki said:
I hate talking to older people because all they do is ask you what you’re doing with your life and then try to give you some sort of advice.

A speaker without an internal filter is the worst. To share too much is to share nothing, paraphrasing Blaise Pascal.
Nov 13, 2020 3:24 PM

Feb 2018
Darkraii said:
Seiya said:

lol i wonder what happened in your child hood to make you feel that way. must've not been very pleasant eh?
he is right, young people tend to be more toxic, although he is exaggerating a bit tbh.
Nov 13, 2020 3:27 PM

Jun 2014
Darkraii said:
Seiya said:

I spent my entire childhood playing my grandparent's old records, so I only like old music, and I had a hard time relating to other people my age. High school was the worst. I hated being around other teenagers, and spent most of recess and lunch time talking to the teachers, as I had more in common with them than people my own age.

At 32, I hate young people more than ever.

Nov 13, 2020 4:22 PM

Sep 2020
People around my age mostly, but as long as we get along I also enjoy talking to younger and older people
"If I get reincarnated… I wanna become a clam.” – Monkey D Luffy

Nov 13, 2020 4:23 PM

Aug 2018
People older than me. They seem pretty chill.
Nov 13, 2020 4:28 PM

Aug 2020
I skipped a grade going into school, so ive always been pretty much the youngest in my grade throughout school, so i felt i had the maturity age of my peers/grade rather than my age itself, since school is where i spent most of my time. I felt much more comfortable and liked being friends with people in my grade or grades above rather than grades below which i “should have” been in based on my age. In freshman year i had sophomore and junior friends, but not a single one still in middle school, despite them being closer to my age.
Nov 13, 2020 4:36 PM

Jan 2009
generation gap and ageism are strong on this thread
Nov 13, 2020 4:38 PM
Jul 2018
Seiya said:
Darkraii said:

I spent my entire childhood playing my grandparent's old records, so I only like old music, and I had a hard time relating to other people my age. High school was the worst. I hated being around other teenagers, and spent most of recess and lunch time talking to the teachers, as I had more in common with them than people my own age.

oh you're only 32. you were talking as if you were some middle aged or old man lmao.
Nov 13, 2020 4:39 PM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
Generally like talking with the old guys the most.
Nov 13, 2020 4:44 PM

Jan 2011
Personally I don't have preference, I talk with people older than me, people around my age and younger than me...

Actually, the difficult is start a conversation (and keep the conversation) :(
A meta é não droppar nenhum anime/mangá
Nov 13, 2020 4:46 PM

Jul 2016
okay so on mal I like to talk to people my age. People older scare me and try say weird sexual things to me and idk though I'm 17 still weird
Nov 13, 2020 5:09 PM

Feb 2019
I find it hard to relate to people my age and older due to gap in life experience. so I voted younger as it is less intimidating. I think people can still be chill regardless of age.
Theonewhorules said:
okay so on mal I like to talk to people my age. People older scare me and try say weird sexual things to me and idk though I'm 17 still weird
I agree, please be careful. men are bad
Nov 13, 2020 5:16 PM

Feb 2013
No one younger than me for sure, since I feel like anyone younger than me always likes fortnite and unfunny zoomer memes.
Nov 13, 2020 5:21 PM
Dec 2017
its hard for me to talk to people aroudn my same age so its mainly older people because of my interest in retro gaming but with younger people i try to mentor them the best i can to be more seasoned anime and gaming fans.

Nov 13, 2020 5:28 PM

Jun 2014
Darkraii said:
Seiya said:

oh you're only 32. you were talking as if you were some middle aged or old man lmao.

I might as well be, as I certainly feel like one, lol.

Nov 13, 2020 5:43 PM

Aug 2017
Its a mix between people younger than you and people around your age.

-I met several people 10-12 years or a few years older than me acting like annoying brats like a real teen in their worst moments and some were very recent. Looks like aging made people more angry. Other older people are busy in real life so no much contact there. Kinda funny since I acted like that years ago, now im more happy than before.

-People around my age? They could be cool for a friendship, its a mix of bad people and good people. They work or study and sometimes I can't talk to them a lot while I am 23 yo NEET.

-People younger than my age? I prefer talking to them since they don't have as many responsibilities as I do. Ironically in real life and online I look and act like a 16-19 yo so it's easier to interact with them.

-And, not in general, but I have bad experiences talking with 13-14 yo just like with older people than me, they act too childish and they're not funny. And I don't know why but it makes me angry when they create drama for stupid things and tried to look smart but hey, they're just teens, we all did something stupid at that age.

Soo....
-Older than me? NO
-Around my age? Maybe..
-Younger than me? Yes.
-<15? NO.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 13, 2020 5:45 PM

Sep 2020
I can't talk to people my age (usually). It's always about the Tik Taks and the Tweeters with them. I just wanna grill
Nov 13, 2020 6:17 PM

Jun 2020
people older than me or around my age, older people r more mature, theres not many mature and open minded people in my area. shits full of idiots
Nov 13, 2020 6:48 PM

Apr 2018
I like younger people's innocence (they are cute, boys or girls, lol), I like older people's wise views and I like to discuss many things with someone around my age. I don't have certain preferences and there are toxic people on all age. I find myself more comfortable with younger people though because "being polite to someone older than you" is a thing here and I usually try to not offend people older than me in any ways.
Nov 13, 2020 9:55 PM

Jul 2020
Tbh I feel like I speak to people older or my age group more. Don't have much against anyone younger than me though (i mean i'm still 19 so they're all still kids. Not much to get mad about imo)

HYPED for Monster Hunter Rise! (wish March 26th would come sooner)

---------------------------------------------------------------

I regret to inform you I'm actually terrible at monster hunter lmao
Nov 14, 2020 1:16 AM
Jul 2018
Doesn't matter as long as they're rational thinkers. Those are hard to find, however.
Nov 14, 2020 2:17 AM
Jul 2018
People younger are fun and chill, people my age share the same humor and people older are on the same wavelength than I am. I don't know, I like all three options. Though most often I vibe with older people.
Nov 14, 2020 2:19 AM
Jul 2018
i'll talk to anyone. age is irrelevant to me. just a number
Nov 14, 2020 2:40 AM

Sep 2017
Can't bring my self to take those younger than seriously
خ
Nov 14, 2020 6:07 AM

Oct 2010
people around my age totally, I mean early 30s or late 20s. older people are ok but not between 60-79, those guys are former communists and ceausescu-lovers. younger people are idiots, kids are ok. older than 80 are cool to talk to, they are really wise
Nov 14, 2020 9:25 AM
Jul 2018
People around my age. Since I'm a minor and a girl I have to keep my guard up when speaking with people much older than me online. Most people older than me are polite and good, but it's really hard to trust people online. I'm not a fan of speaking to people younger than me because they tend to be immature and say annoying stuff like "send feet pics" or they try to cancel me because I unironically enjoy Hetalia. Also it's feels pretty weird when I see that a 13 year old has seen hundreds of hentai and ecchi.
Nov 14, 2020 10:19 AM

Oct 2017
Slightly younger. People my age or older tend to be very jaded, and not as open about the kind of interests we might share.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Nov 14, 2020 10:20 AM

Aug 2015
older than me because youngsters these days are rly cringe, you know
Nov 14, 2020 10:26 AM

Jul 2020
im young but I like talking to people who either get me my age or 2 years older
Nov 14, 2020 3:12 PM
May 2019
Most of my friends are around my age, I don't mind talking to older people but sometimes it can get a bit awkward.
Nov 14, 2020 3:21 PM

Jun 2019
Mostly older people, but it can be also fine to talk with younger fellows. Just hate the old ones who call me "young man".
Nov 14, 2020 3:52 PM

May 2014
Probably around my age. It's hard to relate to those significantly older or younger than me. Usually older people seem boring too.
I've been here way too long...
Nov 14, 2020 3:56 PM

Mar 2018
Older folk have a great deal of experience at their disposal which in turn helps out with my constant thirst for knowledge.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Nov 14, 2020 4:56 PM

Mar 2008
Depends on the person not that person's age really despite any common patterns that may emurge.
Nov 14, 2020 5:13 PM

Mar 2011
If I had to group them by ages, I guess those in their 80s. They take things easy and though they believe in their own values, the ones I converse with also like to understand other values. 90 year olds are also interesting but much more fragile and sometimes different word-use.
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Nov 14, 2020 5:14 PM

Oct 2019
Talking to little kids is a joy to do and it really lightens up my mood. It’s fun because you can act like you know more than them and they can’t do anything about it 😂
But not to the point where it’s cruel, ofc. Little kids are smarter than you think.
Nov 14, 2020 5:16 PM

Jul 2020
I enjoy talking to people around my age because they understand the medium of pop culture and it's fun to talk about that.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Nov 14, 2020 6:29 PM

Jun 2020
Definitely people who are older than me. I like talking to people whom I can learn from without being condescending. I do still converse with people who are my age, though it’s nothing as deep and meaningful most of the time.

Nov 15, 2020 2:43 AM

Feb 2019
Luchse said:
Older folk have a great deal of experience at their disposal which in turn helps out with my constant thirst for knowledge.
No need to hide it, it's okay to have a grandma/grandpa fetish. You're valid.
Nov 15, 2020 2:54 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I don't really have a preference. As long as others want to talk to me then I'm usually willing to do so. Well, offline/with voice I guess. I have a limit for online and texting because I don't actually like those too much.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Nov 15, 2020 3:02 AM

Oct 2020
idk i find myself enjoy talking someone who's older than me.
Nov 15, 2020 11:09 AM
Jul 2020
i usually like talking to older ppl more. Ppl from the same country as me (Brazil) usually on my experience and opinion r more mature than ppl from the same age on other countries like US and Canada, so if its a Brazilian few years younger than me or same age its fine too. Not saying im super mature or anything, cuz im not, but i just identify more w ppl from this other countries when they r older for some reason lmaooo
Nov 15, 2020 1:38 PM
Community Mod
Crazy Cat Lady

Apr 2019
People that are either around the same age as me or older. I've never been good with people younger than me and all my friends are either the same age as me or like 5-10 years older than me.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What do you need cash for in your everyday life?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 21

39 by ProGoddess »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - 4 hours ago

7 by ProGoddess »»
13 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

25 by KitsuFrost »»
27 minutes ago

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - 9 hours ago

5 by Zettaiken »»
29 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

49 by Meusnier »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.