Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Our Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 22, 2020 2:19 AM
Jun 2017
Nebulis (the founder) have just appeared in episode 3... and whats great is that Iska which is an Empire and Alice which is a witch or descendant of Nebulis have became Asuna and Kirito thus beating Nebulis... Love their chemistry right there...

its just sad though that the empire and the Nebulis clan are really enemies... lets see what the next episode will be
Oct 22, 2020 2:51 AM

Jul 2017
For the founder who was portrayed as the most powerful mage that burned the empire, how the heck is she taken down so easily... I mean she could move away while casting spells when the mc is running in the stairs, that last strike make me facepalm, she could just move out of the way, what are the wings purpose? Just hover and be a flying duck? Cringed in this episode. I hope not to see this again later in this series cause I like this anime. Problem with these type of mages is that they only rely on their spells being "powerful" but not use any practicality.Then they get all suprised pikachu face when overpowered. Also a problem when a new supah power is introduced, other chara including MCs get suprised every damm time and get nerfed as they watch in awe as they stand still hoping that they would survive the blast with their plot armor (look at the first attack, it was a direct hit but plot armor is thicker than a blast from the founder).
Under Age
Oct 22, 2020 3:09 AM

Oct 2016
Gaddamn I did not expect the founder to appear and then be defeated at episode 3. But, that just means she is not the final boss at all. Imma just think that since she just awakened her powers hasn't returned fully yet that's why they were able to defeat her.

Really enjoyed the episode though, story isn't anything special but much like other silver link shows I am enjoying the heck out of it. Plus I really like the characters too especially Iska and Alice, also Rin.

I honestly don't want them to be enemies though, hopefully they get to work together again in the future.
Oct 22, 2020 3:40 AM

Mar 2015
That was a decent fight. I am liking the relationship development although I hope it won't be too much longer before they say 'I love you'.
The sword that takes life gives life
Oct 22, 2020 3:55 AM
Jan 2020
FIRST OF ALL, THIS EPISODE WAS MAD!!!!!

Iska and Alice are seeing that they have a common goal and that they can fight as one.
Alice's mother is strict, SHE WILL NOT BUILD A PEACE TREATY WITH THE EMPIRE EVEN IF THEY CATCH ALICE AND KEEP HER HOSTAGE. That is sad.

The founder was surprisingly taken down quickly considering that she burnt down the empire within seconds. She is apparently the strongest mage... So that makes the Iska and Alice pai r unstoppable. LOL.

AND YES THEIR CONNECTION IS QUITE STRONG :)

Good episode
Oct 22, 2020 4:44 AM
Apr 2019
This is the type of anime which I describe that they are so bad that it's enjoyable. good thing is the show itself isn't taking them seriously,cz they know there's nothing serious in it . Great cliche,presented with the best cliche possioble.I like it !
Oct 22, 2020 6:19 AM

Feb 2019
15 minutes of the episode was spent entirely on pointing out and reviewing how little sense the entire setting makes; reminding us that these are two extremist, genocidal empires who have nonetheless somehow come together and are able to respect each other's differences and tolerate one another in some random city. And it trickles down to the characters too. "I am prepared to do anything for my goals! Even treason!" Except, of course, violating a neutrality treaty apparently.

And then, we finally… finally get the third party true evil who is the trigger for them to come together. Not some extra-extremist terrorist cell, or someone taking the orders too far. Quite literally a super-duper genocidal witch who spawns out of literally nowhere and pretty much just hovers in the air as she tells them over and over that extremism and genocide are the only acceptable path. Meanwhile, random magic effects just sort of happen. We haven't even actually seen any of this horrible oppression, just been told that it happened at some point. Is it actually that bad if they've got their own empire and a city where both side can live in harmony? Even the damn war seems pretty cordial. I mean, one side does have people who teleport onto a hill and immediately begin throwing explosions everywhere out of pure spite, and that's the supposedly persecuted side.
Oct 22, 2020 6:29 AM

Nov 2013
Too rushed to be able to care enough about the conflicts.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Oct 22, 2020 7:29 AM

Sep 2016
Man, I am a huge sucker for LN trash and it shows. This show is really, really bad, but I can't stop watching it.
Yet these hands will never hold anything.
Thus I pray, Unlimited Waifu Works!

Oct 22, 2020 9:55 AM
Nov 2010
The fight was pretty cool the way it was portrayed. I like the animations and the teamwork between Alice and Iska. Wonder what's going to happen now that the Founder has been put back to sleep?

To be honest, the story so far is kind of messed up, but I'm watching this mainly because of the romance between Alice and Iska. I like their development so far :p
Oct 22, 2020 11:31 AM
Sep 2020
o final do ep até foi bom, mas ainda me incomoda como as cenas de diálogo são lentas e os quadros estáticos
como romance, esperava mais profundidade; como ação, esperava mais efeitos e maior duração
espero que melhore

the end of the ep was ok, but it still bothers me how slow the dialogue scenes are and the static frames
as a romance, i expected more development; as action, i expected more effects and longer duration
I hope more
Oct 22, 2020 12:24 PM

May 2018
Dang, they've could have save that part as the last ep.
Oct 22, 2020 5:45 PM

Oct 2015
Pretty bad follow-up imo, most of their reasoning is flawed and I'm not really sure if it's intentional because of their age or not
Oct 22, 2020 6:04 PM

Feb 2018
The battle was really weird and also I prefer that ice girl's oppai.
Oct 22, 2020 6:27 PM

Sep 2020
I didn’t expect the Founder to wake up so early on. I thought she would’ve came up at the end or at least the middle of the season. The fight was a bit short, but Alice and Iska’s teamwork was amazing!
Oct 23, 2020 1:09 AM

Aug 2016
It's a cheap rom-com with fantasy and military elements. Superficial and generic plot and characters, but with very good visuals.
Dropped 4/10.
Ego = 1 / Knowledge | "More the Knowledge Lesser the Ego, Lesser the Knowledge More the Ego." Albert Einstein
My ratings:
Oct 23, 2020 2:07 AM

Oct 2008
oh nice they joined forces...then next day back to enemies again...so it the plot tsunderedere?
3/5

Oct 23, 2020 3:40 AM
May 2018
What a cool final episode fight!

... wait, its only episode 3?!!
Oct 23, 2020 6:21 AM

Sep 2020
Only episode 3 yet it looks like budget Kirito & Asuna already defeated the founder. The fight was alright I guess but this show is not trying too hard to be more than it is and it feels like the Silver Link people are completely aware of that and just don't care. Me neither, lol, so I'll still end up watching it, and not just for Alice's oppai.
Oct 23, 2020 9:15 AM
Oct 2016
They might have given a hint on who the main villain is in this episode. The founder obviously knew the previous owner of the astra swords was and she was sleeping for the past 100 years. The intro shows that he is still around...so I'm guessing that he might actually be the final boss or close to it.
Oct 23, 2020 9:51 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
I noticed a problem with this anime that disturb me a bit. It's the sound.

It's a fighting scene and why does the 2 main chara voices are lower than fx/background music.

Who's this horrible sound director? D:
Oct 24, 2020 8:34 AM

May 2015
It was fine. Founder is here! Anddd it's gone!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 25, 2020 12:31 AM

Apr 2020
It was decent. The fight was kinda good although it was a bit quick. Alice and Iska are really cool when they're together. Just maybe this anime will actually be great but not yet. Next week, back to status quo with the war between the Empire and the Sovereignty continues.
Oct 25, 2020 4:35 AM

Nov 2013
Both MC's are powerful. I wasn't too surprised they managed to beat the boss character (although she seemed to be a in a weak state). The girl is a descendant, the boy has anti-magic legendary weapons, so that's that. Also it's nice to see that the boss isn't universally OP for once.

So, the pair already knows what they both want, but they have yet to find a solution that will end the war. How though? That will be the main point of this show.
Oct 25, 2020 5:48 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
z00nex said:
They “coincidentally” met each other many times in just 3 episodes.

Generic characters, generic story, generic weapons/powers.They beat the founder of the astral mages with the power of our dual wielder protagonist.

I don’t see any difference between this and any other fantasy/romance show. I hope they can show us what makes this anime different than the others.

Don't go reading the official release for the LN then, it is so much more cringy.
Especially the narrator itself, when these coincidences keep happening there, it was pushing oh this must be destiny or something... it legit sounded like cheap fanfic, it gets way more enjoyed later on, but vol1 narration was one of the worst ever at parts.

Also, this series is really not going to please you moving forward if you cant just enjoy what you have seen thus far, so just save yourself time and drop it.
It will make usage of some foreshadowing already saw, especially concerning the witch the MC saved and some other twists, but really I don't think you will enjoy it.
Oct 25, 2020 5:54 AM

Sep 2019
Playcool said:
z00nex said:
They “coincidentally” met each other many times in just 3 episodes.

Generic characters, generic story, generic weapons/powers.They beat the founder of the astral mages with the power of our dual wielder protagonist.

I don’t see any difference between this and any other fantasy/romance show. I hope they can show us what makes this anime different than the others.

Don't go reading the official release for the LN then, it is so much more cringy.
Especially the narrator itself, when these coincidences keep happening there, it was pushing oh this must be destiny or something... it legit sounded like cheap fanfic, it gets way more enjoyed later on, but vol1 narration was one of the worst ever at parts.

Also, this series is really not going to please you moving forward if you cant just enjoy what you have seen thus far, so just save yourself time and drop it.
It will make usage of some foreshadowing already saw, especially concerning the witch the MC saved and some other twists, but really I don't think you will enjoy it.
Sadly, I’m the type who doesn’t drop a show no matter how bad it is. Thanks for the information, though.
Oct 25, 2020 10:46 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
z00nex said:
Playcool said:

Sadly, I’m the type who doesn’t drop a show no matter how bad it is. Thanks for the information, though.

I also never dropped, but if I don't dig, they are throw in the void, waiting for me one day to ever watch, even if I have to use them as background noise.
Oct 25, 2020 4:00 PM

Apr 2018
The fight with the founder was okay. It was nice to see Iska and Alice fighting together to take down the founder, like a temporary truce with one another. Surprised that the founder was taken out so easily tho, it looked like she was very powerful.
Oct 28, 2020 8:05 AM
Jul 2020
Great epsidoe they def have a bond lmao
Oct 29, 2020 11:29 AM

Dec 2016
So, this new antagonist appears out of thin air because Not Kirito's swords resonated with her? Why didn't she appear in their first encounter in the woods?

Also the long dialogue pauses between Iska & Alice while this new/old witch is allegedly attacking them feels so damn bad, out of the "talking is a free action" trope.
Oct 30, 2020 2:56 PM

Apr 2016
Pretty bad episode, to be honest. By the way, I thought that fights would look worse in this series xD
Nov 17, 2020 2:30 AM

Jan 2015
RayReynolds said:
And it trickles down to the characters too. "I am prepared to do anything for my goals! Even treason!" Except, of course, violating a neutrality treaty apparently.

At the end of the day they want peace even if it's in the own way. Why would they willingly start fighting in a neutral place and involve citizens who don't want to get involved? I'm not all too sure, but I think residents do not even know what war is like. So why would Iska or Alice show it to them? they are not that type of characters. And they themselves go to a neutral city to relax, not think of war, they aren't robots, they can't constantly fight.

Yes they will do anything for the sake of accomplishing their goals, except brining war to a neutral city.
Nov 17, 2020 2:43 AM

Jan 2015
I don't know why so many complain, I personally liked this episode a lot, and the anime as well, so far, top tier romance for me.

I can see how someone is disappointed that fight against possibly strongest being was so short and uneventful really. Seeing her in the OP, I expected them to fight it at the end of the anime, with plotwists, possibly even sacrificing herself to destroy her. But I mean, at least we don't have OP spoil the ending for us and it's still up in the air what it's gonna look like.

The episode was dope though, really like how Mismis captain went along with Iska and then they met Alice and Alice pointed out how they must have been born under the same star.
I like her offerring to serve under her, didn't expect that, I lowkey wished he'd agree, but I knew he wouldn't.
Glad that Iska finally revealed his intentions to her, so now she at least knows what kind of person he is and that he isn't really her enemy (hopefully she'll realize it sooner rather than later.)

I liked their synergy and interactions during the fight and then calling a truce at the end while lying side by side, awww...my heart melts too quickly ^^
Dec 2, 2020 10:29 AM

Apr 2020
There's really nothing to discuss about the plot……

This time Kuwashima-san's role died quickly again, sasuga shinigami hahaha 😂

Dec 13, 2020 8:44 AM

Aug 2017
Well, the founder died pretty quick.

It was a pretty enjoyable fight though.

That's a scary coincidence that they both always think the same and meet at those places at the exact time!!

Dec 27, 2020 4:38 AM

Nov 2014
Just after cute moments of IskaAlice, ...
both of their hesitation lead them to meet once again and Just when they tried to exchange ideas of how the war should ended.. somehow the "final boss" from Nebulis appeared, the Founder herself.

It seems the Iska's sword became the trigger of it, since she seems to know the previous wielder of the sword, Iska's teacher.

The battle between them was awesome i think, it was kinda short but the animation and the battle sequences was good , I like the cooperation and sync between IskaAlice in the battle, their coordination made them beat the Founder.

after using so much energy both IskaAlice opted to do a ceasefire for this time haha.. there so much things that still hidden in the dark especially for both faction , i hope one by one it'll get revealed
Jan 1, 2021 7:53 AM

Jan 2017
Silver Link's doesn't dissapoint again with the action scenes, it's not the best but it's not bad either

Getting really hooked now that the supposedly final boss is beaten this early, will she come back later or will this be a story about overcoming the bureaucracy wall
Jan 16, 2021 3:59 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I m glad they put more attention to the fight.
Volume 1 was mostly a bit disappointing, after the very enjoyable first 1 hour in, but that fight there really ended it on a better note, so kudos, because this was certainly above average.

And again, the selling point for me, about the anime adaptation, is mostly just how great the art design is, something Silver Link already proved to excel many times in the past.

This was way more cringy when reading, about their confidential meetings, more tolerable within the anime tbh.

And certain, the LN does improve on this point, as its volumes progress, so overall, I think I will also enjoy the anime further, the further it goes.
Feb 22, 2021 2:25 PM

Jul 2015
With the power of love they managed to stop the cockblocking Founder there, nothing can stop the duo! except perhaps some stubborns higherups perhaps.

Mar 10, 2021 11:55 AM

Sep 2012
eh he didn't defect to her side boring that way
Sep 30, 2021 11:59 AM

May 2020
The animation not bad, the batlle a bit intense. Finally they are both, have the battle so early against the founder. A good tag team.
May 15, 2022 10:05 AM

Mar 2013
Cliché supporting characters especially the clumsy big breasted person however, the two main characters, Isky and Alice is portrayed more or less like Romeo and Juliet for me but I hope we will be getting a happy ending... instead of the obvious one.

This series is seriously interesting to watch when the scene are focused on the two of the main MC but the story seems to be skipping some chapters after their "founder" suddenly appeared appeared like that in the 3rd episode... lol?! It is enjoyable though.

P.S. The OP & ED are so sweet, romantically speaking.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Oct 19, 2022 3:51 PM
Oct 2022
Este epi está muy bueno para mí le doy 10 /10
Mar 29, 2023 11:46 PM
Jul 2021
This "founder" chick got on my nerves beyond words, I'm all powerful hear me purr! One of the best parts was when both mc told her to shove it down her pie hole. The best part off course was when Iska send her packing back to whatever hole she crawled out off!

Also what's up with their Pupils/Iris/eyes in general? Their pupils are Diamond shaped? Da ffuk is all that about?
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
May 8, 2023 2:43 AM

Apr 2013
I feel like the romance aspect is much more interesting than the fighting stuff, they should just focus on that.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2020

70 by ShokugekiNoRindo »»
Apr 25, 10:43 AM

Poll: » Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2020

51 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 26, 11:51 PM

Poll: » Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2020

57 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 26, 10:57 PM

Poll: » Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2020

62 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 26, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2020

52 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 26, 5:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.