Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Our Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 21, 2020 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, Alice's mother seems like the strict type who takes care of her role seriously. Looks like Iska and Klass went on a new mission and they meet Alice once again. Damn right they have a connection.

> Youl should serve me
Alice didn't even hold back at all at saying that to Iska's face.

The Founder's presence is quite something with her destructive abiliies imo.
Oct 21, 2020 7:59 AM
Sep 2020
Kinda disappointed that a founder was taken down so easily and quickly
Oct 21, 2020 8:07 AM
Oct 2016
Well that wasn't something I expected to happen so soon in this show. When they talked before about the Nebulis Founder slowly awakening I certainly didn't think she'd wake up this early on. Kinda took me by surprise when the Founder was the one who broke through the sky to fight Alice and Iska. Their conversation before that was very interesting though. Alice went for the half court shot trying to recruit Iska to defect over to the Sovereignty side with her. She's definitely got guts though I can see why the offer would be made to Iska. He did save the young witch we saw at the very beginning. Along with his views of wanting to end the war if anyone from the Empire would be susceptible to switching sides I suppose it'd be him.

Anyways, I halfway thought he would defect but his comments after the fight against the Founder made sense. Have to work from inside the Empire not just overthrow it. The fight itself with Alice and Iska vs the Founder was pretty cool. We see it in the opening them teaming up so for it to actually be here is nice. They do make a good team working together with their abilities. Certainly complement each other in that way. Now with the Founder put back to rest its back to being enemies. Wonder how the Empire and the Sovereignty will react to this destruction on the Neutral City.
Oct 21, 2020 8:08 AM

Feb 2019
Another great episode, loved the Alice and Iska fight scene to take down Nebulis. Silver link as usual have done a really good job with this and I’m looking forward to seeing how their relationship develops. Loving their chemistry in the early going

I’m glad they finally talked about the girl Iska helped escape in the first episode, seemed like they forgot about her for a while there, lol.
Oct 21, 2020 8:24 AM

Aug 2013
I was also surprised by the founder, Nebulis, awakening early. And also by the fact that she was taken down quite easily. Iska and Alice worked really well together.

Now I wonder what will happen from now on.

Oct 21, 2020 8:36 AM

Apr 2019
what a great episode... sky opens! founder comes! oh now now shes dead...

Oct 21, 2020 8:40 AM

Jan 2014
Well that escalated really quick lol. Though suspect this isn't over by a long shot.
Oct 21, 2020 8:44 AM

Oct 2017
Certainly wasn't expecting the final boss to appear so soon but Alice and Iska already took care of her.

Wonder what Alice's mother will do to her or maybe she won't find out that Alice helped Iska.
Oct 21, 2020 8:45 AM

Nov 2016
Okayish episode, carried by Iska and Alice. Action not really impressive, nor is the worldbuilding worth anything.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 21, 2020 9:04 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hmmm some action part but it wasn't outstanding... still quite good to see how their relationship is developing + the founder part is quite interesting I guess
Oct 21, 2020 9:18 AM
Sep 2019
Fight was anticlimactic and a bit underwhelming. We’re three episodes in and they’re already fighting a final boss like character, for what exactly? I mean sure, them fighting together has further sparked things between them, but to what end? Anyhow, I hope this “back to being enemies” is only on the surface and they somehow manage to work together in secret to achieve their goal of peace.
Oct 21, 2020 9:23 AM
Apr 2020
Iska and Alice are surely destined to meet each other. It's just the 3rd episode and they already fought the Founder of The Sovereignty! The Founder is so strong, but Alice being the descendant of the Founder is certainly strong as well. Iska and Alice's teamwork is superb! This is getting more fascinating!

Oct 21, 2020 9:51 AM

Aug 2017
Hmm, didn't expect that Nebulis would awaken this early, also pretty disappointed by the fight. Still an enjoyable episode and Iska and Alice should just marry already ;)
Oct 21, 2020 9:58 AM

Mar 2020
Battle between Founder against Iska and Alice. Somewhat disappointed that the Founder was not stronger than I thought she would be but it's OK the fight was good, not great but I can deal with it.

Iska and Alice are connected even if they are separated aka there feelings and passion are so in line with each other they are with each other at heart. Alice is so mesmerised by the handkerchief Iska gave to her.

Good episode :)
Penguinman37Oct 21, 2020 10:02 AM
Oct 21, 2020 10:41 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm interesting in that the senate is virtual. Figures that his new mission is to capture Alice though. Still the chance to see the king sure made the offer that much more tempting. The flashback to how that encounter between the two ended in the city sure was nice. Looks like Alice's interest in Iska has only increased after seeing that intel. Considering how long the war's been on for its no surprise that there's no love lost between the elders. The meeting between Alice and Iska though sure was enlightening. The grand witches appearance though sure was a nasty surprise as was its attack on Alice as well. While the battle between Alice and Iska and the grand witch was a tense one it also did well to show both Iska and Alice's overall goal as well. The support that the two provided each other sure was excellent for their first teamup as well. Overall an excellent ep that combined excellent character development in Iska and Alice's goal reveal with some neat combat in their fight with the grand witch. Though im curious as to what the after effects of this teamup will be though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2020 10:41 AM
Oct 2020
for those who are complaining about founder lose. founder is not a main villain here and it was her spirit, her original body is still in the witch place.
read novel or manga, then complain about it
Oct 21, 2020 10:56 AM
May 2019
I have one word. Meh.
Oct 21, 2020 11:01 AM

May 2014
People want the founder as a final boss? As some kind of a generic, poorly developed, god-like JRPG villain? Come on, that would be super-predictable and boring.

Anyway, this continues to provide decent entertainment value. Iska and Alice had some okay moments, such as predictably thinking about each other, even though a few lines were cut. Iska probably should have just taken the offer of defecting though.

I don't usually have strong feelings about action scenes one way or the other, and that is true of these too. The visuals were fine.
Oct 21, 2020 11:02 AM

Jul 2017
It's only Episode 3, but Iska's meeting with the Eight Grand Apostles just about decimates all hopes for achieving his goal of peace between empires. And I wasn't expecting the high-profile events to come THIS soon, but it's orders one after another.

Humans vs. witches, the price to pay for freedom against pure love, PEACE WAS NEVER AN OPTION. Even the simplest things that each hold dear, that is their connection to each other in the neutral sense.

Iska and Alice's fight against the Great Founder a.k.a the final boss, NGL, gonna agree with the majority that it's quite underwhelming, not to mention average. The power balance is off, and Iska is totally like a Kirito-ripoff with an alternate "Starburst Stream" LUL.

Decent episode...but deeply worrying for future episodes down the line.
Oct 21, 2020 11:03 AM

Sep 2019
They “coincidentally” met each other many times in just 3 episodes.

Generic characters, generic story, generic weapons/powers.They beat the founder of the astral mages with the power of our dual wielder protagonist.

I don’t see any difference between this and any other fantasy/romance show. I hope they can show us what makes this anime different than the others.
Oct 21, 2020 11:28 AM

Jan 2020
z00nex said:
They “coincidentally” met each other many times in just 3 episodes.

Generic characters, generic story, generic weapons/powers.They beat the founder of the astral mages with the power of our dual wielder protagonist.

I don’t see any difference between this and any other fantasy/romance show. I hope they can show us what makes this anime different than the others.

Now that you said it, I was reminded of kirito lol.
Oct 21, 2020 11:28 AM

Jul 2020
Fight sequence was alright I guess

Overall an ok ep, nothing extraordinary but not bad (kinda applies to the entire series so far too)

Hopefully it gets better, otherwise this is just gonna be another forgettable series (which would be disappointing cus I'm liking the characters so far)
Oct 21, 2020 11:44 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I would have thought that after defeating the founder they would join forces, but it looks like they will do things the hard way.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 21, 2020 12:27 PM
Jul 2018
So I guess Silver Link. knows about how a lot of people use a 3 episode rule lol. It escalated pretty quickly. It would've been real interesting if Iska took Alice's offer, but it was pretty obvious he was going to reject it.
Oct 21, 2020 12:55 PM

Nov 2011
I'm actually glad they didn't become Allies or LOVERS after this episode because quite frankly it would have been silly. Let these two characters develop more and then after Peach maybe have a romance aspect.

I thought it was a good episode overall though. I think Nebula will awaken again this season. Probably towards the end at full strength.

Interesting to see where things will go from here.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 21, 2020 1:08 PM

Jul 2017
Found this episode more flat and boring than last week's.
Oct 21, 2020 1:23 PM

Nov 2019
Lol at the people who think the founder(?) here is the greatest threat they are up against.

Also so far this show continues to be the generic-but-not-trash anime. Hopefully things don't go out of control, and it plummets down into a 'seasonal garbage'. Also I think the writing is rather amateurish more than cliched, and hopefully the author can improve in the future, especially with the character development (world building ain't very promising here).
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Oct 21, 2020 1:26 PM
Apr 2018
This is way better than I initially thought it would be. Let's hope it won't turn to shit
Oct 21, 2020 1:40 PM
Dec 2018
The new season of SAO looks decent. Will watch again.
Oct 21, 2020 2:02 PM

Mar 2020
The anime problems are still there(like that fucking useless captain) but it was the best episode so far! The founder awakening this early was a surprise, I wonder if this means she'll awaken again in her full power near the end of the anime
Oct 21, 2020 2:29 PM
Nov 2019
I found it interesting and not expected that nebulis isn't the last boss. Wonder how the story will continue now
Oct 21, 2020 2:55 PM

Jan 2012
He didn't defeat the Founder per se, it was more like he immobilized her and forced her to go back to sleep. Iska's teacher is probably the final boss or some other Witch who surpasses the Founder.
Oct 21, 2020 3:03 PM
Jan 2017
Hopefully, the founder returns with her full power or something
Oct 21, 2020 3:05 PM

May 2020
I feel like the Founder was supposed to be taken down that easily. I think the Founder battle was more of an important event that would trigger other event down the road. So maybe the fight wasn't disappointing but rather they hyped her up too much to make her seem like some all powerful being
I'm a blunt and pessimistic guy who tries to be nice to everybody. Whether that's off-putting or not is for you to decide.

Oct 21, 2020 3:13 PM

Apr 2015
That connection between Alice and Iska is real, but the captain was in for a real suprise there.

Battle wasn't too spectacular but I still really enjoyed it. I was hoping to see a bit more bonding between the two leads, for now they will stay enemies. I loved how Alice straight out said that Iska should serve her.
Oct 21, 2020 3:15 PM

Jan 2016
Fucking hell Alice and Iska are cute!

Dunno why people are shocked about the way that the fight went. The strongest mage was knocked around like a joke and managed to give Iska a seed to the flower so that the surprise shield would bloom, there was no other way that they could've defeated her

Defeat isn't even really the right word because they put hur back to sleep by removing her wings, the founder in her prime wouldn't lose like that
I don't think people fully realize just how powerful Alice and Iska are in this
world.

LN wise, obviously they cut out a bunch of things but I think that they did great when choosing what to cut out and what to keep, a LN adaptation will never be perfect so they did a good job
Oct 21, 2020 3:47 PM

Oct 2017
prodigist17 said:
Kinda disappointed that a founder was taken down so easily and quickly

I'm mean she obviously isn't dead and will probably revive and wreak chaos once more in the future.
"Your sins shall be paid with blood!" ~Cadis Etrama Di Raizel
Oct 21, 2020 3:49 PM

Dec 2014
hmm I really like the neutral city.... star crossed lovers... really enjoying it...hmmm
Oct 21, 2020 3:59 PM

Dec 2010
Lots of Ten-chan this episode <333

Alright fight scene as well.

Looking forward to more
Oct 21, 2020 4:48 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode again, I'm enjoying this a lot. The story is straight forward and simple but it's compelling, likely carried hard by Alice and Iska.

Surprised that the founder was taken down with a single blow, unless Iska's swords have some sort of weird sealing effect built to specifically counter the founder.

Iska, Alice dynamic is great and I love the fact that they're in sync for so many dialogues. Very cute couple.
I'm hoping that they can act as some sort of undercover allies or even start their own rebellion within each of their nations.
Oct 21, 2020 4:59 PM

Jun 2017
For being the founder she was sent packing quite quick lol. Apart from this it was a rather uneventful and slow episode.
Oct 21, 2020 5:32 PM

Jun 2015
Sweet, I thought it was going to be like that recent show with the dude from the dark and the lass from the light and demon king succor kind of story but this eps blew away any nonsense like that. When stuff really kicked off, and with the dialogue I couldn't help think to myself 'No senpai, this is our fight!'

This eps definitely stepped up the game in story to watch next week!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 21, 2020 6:48 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Okay. Its really decreasing my nerved already, but its really interesting. But seriously, tho. How in the hell that Nebullis ancestor suddenly appeared and dissappeared in one episode? I thought she was some kind of the big boss. But i was wrong, its really conflicted me about whats goin on. Her appearance really became my twist on these series, such an underestimated appearance. Anyway those kids really had a guts to fight with the older one. I am really appreciated with their braveness, and poor that loli ancestor, she got trashed in one episode xD.

Oh, man. At least, they kept maintain a nice relations among them. Already knew the fact of their closer relations was not just a coincidence. They both realized how well their relations in a harmony showed them that their fate sealed on their own hands. So, in one side its pretty lame, but in the other side, its so funny. I do wish you all get a happy end in the last episode. Because no matter happened, it seemed you both could get rid of everything that burdened you all. Even the Gods couldn't do anything nicely, if they initiated blockade on your happiness xD.

Oh wow. Lets see the next. What else the scenario of their world, to made the relations among them closer than before? Finger crossed!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 21, 2020 7:08 PM

Mar 2012
Wtf is this pacing and almost zero worldbuilding?
Oct 21, 2020 7:24 PM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
Great episode again. Right now this & Gochuumon are the most enjoyable airing shows for me. Alice is great and I want to see as much as possible of her.

However it's hard to care for any of the other characters, really. In fact they aren't even worth mentioning and just exist to be annoying for now - like the squad leader who just wanted to tag along... ?
So far the only side character's name I can remember is Rin's, kinda speaks for itself.
Obviously this can still change a lot since we are only 3 episodes in, but I'm not even sure if I want other characters to get more screen time, I enjoy Alice a lot.
We'll see. Surprised to see them beat Nebulis in the 3rd ep so I'm curious where this will go.
Oct 21, 2020 8:26 PM

Jan 2020
Its kinda okayish episode until the final boss just show up out of nowhere and get trashed like that
Oct 21, 2020 8:26 PM

Jul 2017
y'know I always find it funny how despite being in hell like conditions like in the middle of a storm somehow characters are able to look and speak perfectly fine :P

And ooooh boy, MC wants to bring peace to the world through fighting yet will somehow end up doing it in the most peaceful way possible. Entering reaaaaaaal LN stuff now.

oh well, the ship is still kinda cute though, so just the fact it's lasted 3 eps without dying instantly is good enough
Oct 21, 2020 9:03 PM

Oct 2020
I never expected that the founder will be awakened so earlier in this series. I thought she will be the final boss and she going to be op. However, I think the founder was not dead in this episode because Ishka said that he will make the founder sleep again so, in other words, the founder was sealed again by the same sword that sealed her last time. That just my opinion.
Oct 21, 2020 9:04 PM
May 2017
Does Silver Link really only know how to make one kind of male protagonist. This mf looks like the last 10 they've made lmao
Oct 21, 2020 9:52 PM

Jun 2020
this shit is so bad but imma keep watching cuz alice is so hot
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2020

51 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 26, 11:51 PM

Poll: » Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2020

57 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 26, 10:57 PM

Poll: » Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2020

62 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 26, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2020

69 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 26, 8:34 PM

Poll: » Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2020

52 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 26, 5:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.