Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 19, 2020 10:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So much sleeping this episode. Jesus Christ.

Too bad about the Princess and her MP since it was so low. I also kinda like the Princess' little adventure and that big sword she managed to get. Felt like something straight out of an RPG game.
Oct 19, 2020 11:32 AM
Oct 2016
Quite a few quests for the princess this episode. The ever continuing journey to achieve better sleep. The first with that grimiore was hilarious. Girl just wanted a boring book to read not an annoying spirit. When Syalis was unlocking all the requirements to break the seal I laughed so much. She kept kept getting right to edge of losing all her MP before she'd go insane. Trying to use that sleep magic but it working on everyone else but her oh god too funny. The disappointment on her face made me laugh some more. But she can at least use it as a pillow. The second with Syalis looking for someone to touch her body oh wow was that hilarious. Every demon she aided terrified at her ambiguous words. She did leave a lot to the imagination but damn they went right to the gutter. Luckily none took her up on it until she dragged poor Twilight back to her cell. He didn't know what was happening. Tried going for it but she just passes out. The last quest of looking for sunlight to reset that internal clock was good too. Syalis adventuring outside the castle for the first time. The little text boxes that appeared like in a game were cool. The demons were freaking up but she strolls right back up as if it was nothing. They have their hands so full with this princess.
Oct 19, 2020 11:33 AM
Oct 2019
That was probably the funniest and best episode yet.
Oct 19, 2020 11:57 AM

Aug 2018
She just found the most powerful weapon and use it as a light source and she is now more powerful than the demon king and his whole Army yet she chooses to sleep Goddamn she's a beast
overall 8 out of 10
Oct 19, 2020 11:59 AM

Apr 2015
the teddy demons are the most adorable thing ive seen in anime ever
Oct 19, 2020 12:04 PM

Aug 2012
I'm starting to think that the princess is also a demon.
Oct 19, 2020 12:08 PM

Sep 2019
I enjoyed the first 2 episodes but this one was probably my favorite so far. 2nd and 3rd quest of this episode was hilarious.
Oct 19, 2020 12:12 PM

Jan 2015
Some of the quests were kinda funny, especially the last one when she came back to the castle LMAO
Oct 19, 2020 12:58 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The beginning when she breaks the seal was hilarious to be honest
Oct 19, 2020 1:08 PM

Oct 2017
As i said...
RainyShadow said:
Ellenwitch said:
At this rate I'm just gonna expect her to just walk out herself lol.

... and then walk back inside, lol.

Poor demons, lol
Oct 19, 2020 1:41 PM

May 2018
The princess is speedruning her way to the greatest achievements and the greatest hidden items...still not caring about the game.
Oct 19, 2020 1:52 PM

Mar 2020
Damn the sleeping princess is steam rolling threw all her quests..........SHE CAN"T BE STOPPED........IT MUST BE THE POWER OF HER CRAVING FOR SLEEP
Oct 19, 2020 2:00 PM
Sep 2018
I like about this show how the princess gradually starts to fit into the castle and become it's integral and irreplaceable core. This show has a really healing effect. suya~
Oct 19, 2020 2:22 PM

Mar 2019
She's slowly starting to take control of the Demon Lord castle just for sleep, nice.

Oct 19, 2020 2:22 PM

Jun 2017
Of course the princess would use the secret weapon of the demon king as a portable sun. Legit. I died when she started going back. xD
Oct 19, 2020 3:50 PM

Apr 2015
Those pressure points and that massive misunderstanding were hilarious!

I need one of the teddy-demons in my life! They are so adorable!!!
Oct 19, 2020 3:58 PM

May 2020
Aaaaaa this ep is the best lol. The misunderstansing though 😂😂
Oct 19, 2020 4:39 PM
Jan 2017
Suyyaaa~
Fun and lively episode. Loved it!

Hayama saori as the narrator is actually good, she's just saying"Good Job, "Excellent" though.
Oct 19, 2020 4:54 PM

Nov 2013
wow, this anime is quickly becoming one of my favorites, the way she makes everyone scared...without even trying to... way too funny :D

my first 10 of the season and obviously a spot on next signature, will have to read the manga later :D
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Oct 19, 2020 5:17 PM

Jun 2007
"Phew, even demons have some sense of moralit-"
*Twilight goes for it*
"...nevermind."
Oct 19, 2020 5:53 PM
Jun 2017
we have another cute and entertaining episode today... hahaha

well a sword is used as a light source.... thats a nice one... hahaha...
Oct 19, 2020 6:46 PM

Mar 2020
The beginning when she was rolling down the stairs without MP and when she found the grimoire was very funny, and it was nice to see wholesome monsters with the exception of the demon king. :v
Not to mention that it was his mistake to hide the most powerful weapon away from him. XD
Best episode so far.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Oct 19, 2020 8:49 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Its not even a powerful Grimoire could convinced the sleepy princess onto her own satisfaction to sleep better. Such a poor spirit. He got a wrong cute princess to dealt with. Lmao. At least all demons and their King felt a short break to relaxed their bodies for a while. Such a pleasant situations, and they must praising her more. If only they knew its all because of the sleepy princess's job xD.

Oh my. They even added such a big misunderstanding into the sleepy princess antic quest to get a better sleep. Thats misunderstanding, pretty sure created a confusion and doubts at the heart of the innocent demons. That straight Franken even got hitted by his friends, its just a hilarious moment for me. They were so pure! Whats the deal, princess? Ah, a pressure point being that told in the book. Its actually became a big shock to the whole castle again. Its made the whole demons surprised how dumb their mind were. Even Matsuoka, er i mean, the Demon King too. How pity their reaction in the end, there. Lmao. Its easy to judge these as the funniest part for me.

Then, the last sequences was just another usual princess antic. After a sleep potion, magic spell from Grimoire that ended up useless, acunpuncture points, then she needed a sun light. Fortunately, she found out the sources of her goal. Demon King sacred sword now become her target. And the demon's reaction? A typical dumbness but amusing. Its not a special treatment at all. its just really an understandable matter. Once again, the Demon King couldn't even lay a finger to scolded her. She was too invincible, that he rather just created a poetical diary to told the world how bad his life was at his own castle. Its better to him to just return that damn loli xD.
badabassOct 19, 2020 8:52 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 19, 2020 9:47 PM
Mar 2015
She is not only OP she takes all the best treasures
Oct 19, 2020 10:04 PM

May 2020
i'm dead.. xD
this scene is hilarious af

Oct 19, 2020 10:31 PM

Oct 2017
That's definitely the best way to use the sword lol and I feel bad for the demon king.
Oct 20, 2020 12:05 AM
Oct 2012
I can't help but feel that humans might actually be the bad guys and the demons are actually trapped with her...
Oct 20, 2020 12:21 AM

Jan 2014
lol.

This princess I swear. I bet she'll be rescued, and just go back to the demon castle to sleep.
Oct 20, 2020 1:58 AM
Jan 2017
I like that the princess didn't think once about escaping the demon castle at all, all she wants is to sleep lol
Oct 20, 2020 2:41 AM

Aug 2017
I'm starting to wonder if by the end of the season she doesn't want to be rescued, because the demon castle will be better than her previous place.
We are only here for a short amount of time, I want to waste as much of that time possible doing nonsense
Oct 20, 2020 3:53 AM

Jan 2011
I love this show so much. It gives me a feeling of pure joy that I haven't gotten from anime in a long time.
Oct 20, 2020 4:30 AM

Nov 2013
I enjoyed this episode.The voice acting are on point, the parody/references was funny especially the Ashita No Joe one. I liked Hayami Saori but the Narration is still the thing that annoys me.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Oct 20, 2020 7:15 AM

Feb 2020
The best episode so far,very cute and funny.
This is already my favourite comedy show of the year,not gonna lie!!
Oct 20, 2020 7:25 AM

Apr 2020
MrAwesome2018 said:
I'm starting to think that the princess is also a demon.

if she is not already, is about to graduate
Oct 20, 2020 7:53 AM

Jul 2014
This episode makes it clear why Matsuoka was cast as the Demon King, as he's hilariously inept and spineless when it comes down to it. That aside, this show is continuing to impress me with how it's continuing to mine humour from the same core premise over and over again, all without changing the premise much at all.
Oct 20, 2020 9:28 AM
Sep 2015
Demon Lord really accepts Princess's misunderstanding invitation is actually logical, since Demon Lord is supposed to be the worst evil with the lowest morality. Though my question is that, are demons in the entire castle virgin??? I don't see any female demon there.
Oct 20, 2020 9:39 AM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
DannyTheDonkey said:
I enjoyed this episode.The voice acting are on point, the parody/references was funny especially the Ashita No Joe one. I liked Hayami Saori but the Narration is still the thing that annoys me.

That! The narration is the one part I dislike in this series. Glad it's only like 30 seconds per episode.
I missed the Ashita no Joe reference, I'd like to get it?

Atavistic said:
This episode makes it clear why Matsuoka was cast as the Demon King, as he's hilariously inept and spineless when it comes down to it. That aside, this show is continuing to impress me with how it's continuing to mine humour from the same core premise over and over again, all without changing the premise much at all.

I guess it's one of its bright points, but I also fear that it'll end up its downfall. Hope to be proven wrong, but unless the princess starts getting another objective, I think the premise will get tiring. Kind of like one of the reactions KonoSuba's second season sparked.

Oct 20, 2020 10:58 AM

Oct 2019
My heart, it not cracked
Oct 20, 2020 5:12 PM

May 2018
"please touch my body"
to the demon priest
AHAHA oh god

I was watching in the office and had to control my laughter
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Oct 20, 2020 6:19 PM

Nov 2013
Lolsebca said:
DannyTheDonkey said:

That! The narration is the one part I dislike in this series. Glad it's only like 30 seconds per episode.
I missed the Ashita no Joe reference, I'd like to get it?.

This one I believe
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Oct 20, 2020 6:23 PM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
This show is pretty damn funny. I laughed a lot this episode, especially at her rolling down the stairs. I haven't got tired of the same premise yet but there's still 9 more episodes...

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Oct 20, 2020 7:05 PM

Oct 2016
That was definitely the best episode so far, the whole episode was hilarious. At this point I feel bad for the demons lmao.

If this show can entertain me with the same shit this whole season then props to them and the author.
Oct 20, 2020 9:29 PM

Jan 2012
See? This story doesn't need any plot. Suya's antics are more then enough to keep us entertained.

She's the ultimate hidden boss character with the ability to do as she pleases - which just so happens to be getting a pleasant sleep. No need to bother escaping or fighting the demons if you can just misappropriate their treasures for the sake of a good night's rest.
Oct 20, 2020 11:17 PM

Jul 2016
Was that an Ashita no Joe reference with Leonard? Unexpected but pretty hilarious stuff, honestly.

Overall, probably the most entertaining episode so far. Maou was so ready to ease those pressure points ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 21, 2020 1:20 AM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
DannyTheDonkey said:
Lolsebca said:

I missed the Ashita no Joe reference, I'd like to get it?.

This one I believe

Now that you mention it! But I don't know, I feel it could have become something... widespread, relatively? I mean it's been 50 years, and the dynamic filter is pretty common in shounen (I mean the lines that define dynamism? like in manga)...
But yeah, pretty fun.

Oct 21, 2020 7:08 AM

Apr 2014

This episode was hilarious with all those misunderstandings that the princess talked about with the castle guards when she meant for them to press her pressure points so she can sleep better.

Also... BRAVE PERSPECTIVE!
Oct 21, 2020 8:12 AM

Jul 2017
Now I'm thinking that Princess Syalis is more fearful than the Demon Lord and even spirits, and that's saying much to add to the hilarity.

Using a great spirit, even with limited MP, all the Princess needs is sleep, and not giving her one is just plain bad. Even to the point of giving a massage to ease pressure pains...

THIS IS COMEDY GOLD. MOSHI MOSHI Keisatsu desu ka!? FBI alert!!! Even demons can be this pure-hearted HAHA!

The mission to find sunlight is like RPG elements, but how UNLUCKY can the Demon Lord get LOLs, even the servants are baffled.

The funniest episode so far.
Oct 21, 2020 9:47 AM
Jan 2020
I was laughing so much during this episode.

Almost everything about this episode was really funny. The way princess Syalis finds out the solutions for her problems is amazing.
The demons are always waiting for her to escape but she always stays back.
I am actually loving this anime for now.
Oct 21, 2020 9:49 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
I lost it at the pressure point thing lmao. Looks like demons got a rule "thou shall not touch lolis".
Oct 21, 2020 10:34 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was very funny and relaxing. Suyarisu-hime is cruel in another way lol. I don't know why, but I felt nostalgic.
I loved Suyarisu-hime and Maou encounter. I really appreciate their VAs in every season. They're always doing splendid job.
As some watchers say, plot is already repetitive though, I don't care about it. Because kind of jokes are many IMO. I never bored until last, I guess.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Possible second season?

tvabsurdist - Dec 17, 2020

43 by Seregosa »»
Apr 4, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Maoujou de Oyasumi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2020

156 by Ske80 »»
Feb 5, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Maoujou de Oyasumi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2020

150 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Dec 27, 2023 9:31 AM

Poll: » Maoujou de Oyasumi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ashhk - Oct 12, 2020

79 by ReaperCreeper »»
Sep 28, 2023 11:20 PM

Poll: » Maoujou de Oyasumi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2020

84 by Altadena »»
Aug 4, 2023 8:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.