Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 3, 2020 1:10 PM
Jul 2019
Last time I've checked:

Female Sports climbers don't wear something like this for training, cu'z that obviously belongs someone who is into track and field or athletics .

They would usually be in legging, to keep prying eyes from guys ogling at their butt cheeks.
Horn_dawg_2019Oct 3, 2020 1:15 PM
Oct 3, 2020 1:18 PM

Dec 2016
So far so good! Great start! So they have a competition the next day... isn't it too soon? ^^;

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Oct 3, 2020 1:20 PM

Nov 2016
THICCDADDY1234 said:
FMmatron said:
The weekly dose of culture this fall.

Pleasantly surprised that this isn't a 3 min short, but then again, now there's the chance that this might get boring quickly. As much as I was looking forward to this, it wasn't all that good. Was also hoping for more ripedness(looked better on the cover)

And rather than CGDCT I would rather say it's SGDSS

What does SGDSS mean?

Sexualized Girls Doing Some Sports

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 3, 2020 1:32 PM

Sep 2019
Hmm yeah they know how to make us watch a show.
Oct 3, 2020 1:49 PM

Aug 2016
Wow, that was both boring and awful.
This is a blend of a sports anime and cute girls doing actives, which should be awesome and it's just not, which is just a shame.

“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Oct 3, 2020 1:53 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I came here for the plot and I'm staying for it too.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 3, 2020 2:16 PM

Jul 2017
As a guy who has gone for rock climbing a few times and enjoyed it myself (both indoor and outdoor rock climbing), I was hoping for just a simple and fun experience without expecting too much.

And in the end, this anime premiere felt lackluster. The visuals too feel really cheap even though I don't mind the designs. Music underwhelmed me too when going with the climbing itself. Lacked intensity nor personality that fit the experience of rock climbing, especially when competing.

It's not abysmal but the weak production and generic characters leaves it a bit dull and flavorless and lacking of any impact whatsoever. Doesn't celebrate nor sell the fun and beauty of rock climbing.
Oct 3, 2020 2:17 PM

Mar 2010
Twas a smooth climb can't wait for more, and I want to see how far purple haired girl goes, I do'nt like prodigies but alas it wouldn't be entertaining if she always lost ROFL I hope we see a pussy slip or nip slip every now and then kek

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 3, 2020 2:38 PM

May 2020
Haha I didn't expected this, i liked a lot the first episode.

Konomi looks beautiful af and the fact she could climb so good since first due to being an "ex-pro-gamer" in the past is cool.

And people really think play games is absurd lol.
Oct 3, 2020 2:41 PM

Oct 2015
I might be in the minority but I enjoyed this episode, maybe because I didn't have any expectations to begin with
Oct 3, 2020 3:39 PM

Aug 2013
Simple as fuck and just the face value enjoyment I need. I dig.
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 3, 2020 3:56 PM

Mar 2020
This is the first competitive climbing anime ever made...........probably..........don't quote me on that. I've also never heard of the studio Blade so for me this show is like a total mystery.

First episode already getting into the good stuff. The soundtrack is pretty good too and holy is Jun's physique crazy. Can't wait for the competition!

Good first episode :)
Oct 3, 2020 4:21 PM

Jul 2012
If they can give us hype sports moments like Keijou did for me (I unironically think Keijou is a great sports anime), I will enjoy this.

While CGDCT is one of my favorite genres, this show needs to stay away from that. I've been wanting a epic sports anime with female characters, and everytime they all seem to fall flat (sans Keijou). I hope this can continue to be interesting, and doesn't end up focusing too too much on slice of life yuri bait. Save that for the shows it actually belongs in. Focus on what makes this title stand out please.

Overall the episode was pretty solid. Absolutely jumped to a bit too quick of a start though. We had multiple technical terms, and an edgy rival/teammate backstory flash by. I hope this doesn't move too quickly.
Oct 3, 2020 4:23 PM

Aug 2019
Don’t know why people go into this expecting some in depth analysis of rock climbing as a sport, I enjoyed it for what it is and what it is is just cute girls doing some rock climbing.
Oct 3, 2020 5:16 PM
Oct 2018
Episode felt a little slow and dragged out, but ripped girls help
Oct 3, 2020 5:55 PM
May 2019
Idea is cool. Climbing is a sport that is gonna give us a lot of "THOSE" shots. Works well for the genre.

Execution... not so great. The girls look stiff, bad CG, some weird fillers. Doesn't feel like story alone can carry us through either.

I'll keep watching, but I'm not impressed.
Oct 3, 2020 5:55 PM

May 2018
I really liked this. I had no idea about the intricacies of Sports climbing so the race this episode was very interesting to me.

This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Oct 3, 2020 6:49 PM

Apr 2009
Been looking forward to this since I dabbled a little into rock climbing. Also, I dig sporty chicks.
Oct 3, 2020 7:45 PM
May 2020
Pretty interesting ngl. Not bad not incredible either.
Oct 3, 2020 8:41 PM

Oct 2016
Interesting, it's decent but not anything super good yet.

Though Konomi being a gamer made me like her more. And she pulled off what we call a pro gamer move lmao.

Very distracting show ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), but overall not a bad start.
Oct 3, 2020 8:54 PM
Sep 2020
Its was okay and as others said not the most interesting or unique anime ever made. But for once I actually came for the rock climbing and not the anime girls because I love climbing and I've been climbing since I was young. I just wanted to see how this compares to real climbing, and its not too bad.
Oct 3, 2020 9:12 PM
Feb 2020
Came expecting pure CGCDT, got a very sports shonen vibe instead.
I love this show's art style at times. Waiting to see how it goes from here.
Oct 3, 2020 9:56 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So, thats it a climbing club sport girl. This is definitely the same trope of CGDCT at their sports club usual anime. Well, its not so cute to be honest, just 'a well body built' of the girl. Idk why but i just laughed hard when they just went into a tournament the day after they launched a duel between Jun and Konomi. Oh, well, such a cliche plot that i don't mind it at all. Its even showed the damn funny reason for Konomi to liking the sport climb. A puzzle game? Were there any people like these before to see the damn wall as a pieces of puzzle? Well, at least its hilarious. So, really, i don't mind it at all. Its really fine per my standard. Such a funny way to introduced the MC. XD

The first chemistry between them was okay. Its really understandable. A rivalry that aroused very quickly soon can lead them into their personal motivation to get better. Such an okay way to proceed their next goals. Well, beside the art and animation were average and pretty much default, sounds at least very catchy to me. I really hope that Konomi and her team just won their first tournament next week. Its must beway too fun and hilarious to seen, if they really did into that route, rather than a normal lose, progressed, and then won that shit on their others tournament. Lets see....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 3, 2020 10:03 PM
Oct 2020
A pretty straight-forward genre, and I enjoyed the first episode! While I may never become emotionally invested in these characters, something about the competitive aspect of shows like this keeps me interested. I just want to know who wins lmao
Oct 3, 2020 10:15 PM

Oct 2017
Wow another surprise for me, I thought this was gonna be some fanservice anime but the fanservice was quite low and the actual climbing sport was really exciting.

The four club members are likeable and I liked watching them climb, it was exciting. The fanservice was pretty good quality too even thou it wasn't that much. This is gonna be a fun ride.
Oct 3, 2020 10:49 PM

Jul 2016
Aren't those clothes more fitting for athletics/track and field rather than climbing? Just wondering.

Overall, actually interesting first episode but man, Jun was such a pain to deal with. Just let the girl enjoy her first climbing experience for fuck's sake.
On the other hand, I found Konomi's personality rather likeable so I doubt I will have problems with her. The fact of her having such strong arms without proper training is... weird, among other aspects but considering the absurd moves some of the girls do in the PVs, I guess I will simply ignore the logic aspect for now.

Anyways, I'm interested in seeing what this series will bring us.

P.S.: Also looking forward to that Onsen/Ryokan episode teased in the ED ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 3, 2020 11:44 PM

Sep 2019
Fanservice was great and the girls are pretty. I like the main girl.
Oct 4, 2020 12:08 AM

Apr 2020
the protagonist is too overpowered for a total newbie
can't like it

Oct 4, 2020 12:48 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Well, I'd next to no expectation whatsoever so this episode was kind of meh-ish for me. NGL, I expected a lot more fan-service though but well we did get a decent supply of it nonetheless.

Animation quality was quite unimpressive too but not to the extent of off-putting, so I can deal with that.

God, that Jun character though... Main Character, on the other hand, was fairly entertaining to keep up with. Ballet to Hardcore Gaming and now Climbing, that's quite the resume to have. Activating her pro-game mode though, yeah that was cool xD.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 4, 2020 1:41 AM

Aug 2013
Not bad start. I'll continue watching it I guess.

It's Keijo actually.
競女 -> けいじょ -> Keijo. Literally a women competition (I don't know why 競 which is competition had "kei" reading here while usually it's "kyou" for competitive activities). 女/じょ which is "jo" , not "jou" (means woman).
Sorry, I had to.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 4, 2020 2:02 AM

Dec 2019
idk what I expected tbh but it felt a bit underwhelming,,, I feel like its gonna be kinda like how I felt w tamayomi in the sense its not gonna get much better and I'll get bored, but hopefully not
Oct 4, 2020 3:09 AM

Mar 2016
Really enjoyed it! Much better than most of the anime out so far! <3
Oct 4, 2020 3:21 AM
Apr 2019
Somehow I liked the show, though not the characters. Would be interesting to follow where it goes
Oct 4, 2020 3:45 AM

Dec 2018
Pretty good first episode

It was so fucking cute! Jun really likes Konomi and they were flirting like crazy YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! Having there little love race and everything

I was a bit disappointed because I wanted even more delicious Yuri. But the flirting was definitely there, and the ED give me hope for more sweet Yuri in the future

Awwwwww my little lesbian lovebirds are sleeping tight together.Climbing walls then go home and climbing each other! Exactly like lesbians should do,,,,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Yuri-CrusaderOct 4, 2020 4:30 AM
Oct 4, 2020 3:53 AM

Dec 2010
That few seconds in the opening sounds so familiar... Then I noticed it's AINYA!!!!

I personally enjoy wall climbing so this anime interests me.
I haven't climbed in years though... sadly.

Nice to hear Sumipe
Also, SHINY!!! Ainya is back
Oct 4, 2020 4:48 AM
Jan 2015
VanishingKira said:
I know why I'm clearly watching this

The rest can be found here
https://imgur.com/a/aMWeYmM

A a fellow man of culture

Thanks for the link. I am saving it on my wall
Oct 4, 2020 5:34 AM

Jul 2017
this is definitely gonna be my guilty pleasure anime of the season lol. damn those muscles.

i wonder how many people will take up rock climbing because of this? xD
Oct 4, 2020 5:58 AM

Sep 2016
Okay, I really enjoyed this overall, but I fucking hate Jun so far. Like, jesus fucking christ, she's acting like on those gatekeeping assholes.
Oct 4, 2020 6:15 AM
Oct 2017
What a fun start! i'v never heard of a Rock climbing sport anime but im glad its not trying to do to much of an ecchi route but also go into the little details about rock climbing itself like techniques and strategy's for its puzzle like nature. Pretty normal character setup though. I hope this anime gets really good and also focusses on the dynamic the two main girls have. Nice first ep looking forward to this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2020 7:25 AM

Apr 2020
Konomi's hairpin is a puzzle, it seems Konomi likes puzzle so much, Lmao.
Oct 4, 2020 7:38 AM

May 2012
Score 6.55 ?? Really

I enjoyed this episode a lot
Oct 4, 2020 7:44 AM

Sep 2012
Holy shit Jun, calm the fuck down. Other than that I really enjoyed this.
Oct 4, 2020 8:07 AM

Mar 2018
Still CGDCT, but it's "Cute Girls Doing Climbing Things" this time.

Came in thinking it'll be more fanservicey like Kandagawa Jet Girls but it's surprisingly more on a serious side. I don't mind it tho. It was entertaining anyway.

I'm a gamer too. Maybe I should start this sport or something :D

rsc-pl said:
I don't know why 競 which is competition had "kei" reading here while usually it's "kyou" for competitive activities.
It's just another (obscure) form of onyomi reading. When will Japanese learners realize that there's a shitload of ways to pronounce kanjis, and anime takes a lot more liberty even beyond that?

Sorry, I had to.

Oct 4, 2020 8:29 AM
Feb 2012
as always female "sport" anime are always a joke they should delete the sports tag from this because we all know that ain't what people are here for
Oct 4, 2020 1:27 PM

Dec 2008
I started watching it hoping that it'll be something in vein of Hanebado (mostly due to its posterhere on mal) but I'm afraid it has potential of turning out to be another ecchi. I'll go with the 3 ep rule for it, but the amount of static panels and a complete noobie acig the wall doesn't bode well.
Oct 4, 2020 3:35 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
wow, this was alot more visually gorgeous than i expected and god damn the girls are sexy XD
Oct 4, 2020 7:09 PM

Jan 2008
Didn't think I was actually gonna be disappointed in something I didn't have much expectation in to begin with.

I would probably have enjoyed it to some degree if most of the climbing wasn't a slide show. On top of that, I don't care for any of the characters, I guess you could say they all have a weak entrance.

The way main character was recruited felt so unnatural and off. Her visualizing the path is just strange. It's like saying I'm good at match 3 games so that makes me good at sports. Okay.

Fanservice was weak, which is honestly the only thing I think could keep me watching.
Oct 4, 2020 8:48 PM

Mar 2019
I was waiting to see how this anime will be....

Kind of interesting and kind of dissapointing...

Time will decide if i continue/drop it...

Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Oct 4, 2020 11:01 PM

Jul 2014
Well, that was pretty fun and exciting. Fanservice was also pretty nice with those nice camera angles. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

That ED with the sleepover... YES!
Oct 4, 2020 11:38 PM

Aug 2008
I actually do rock climbing, so I enjoyed this episode more than others. I really liked the rock climbing scenes; they were pretty intense.

However, as a real rock climber, I have some bones to pick:
1. A beginner would definitely not be as good as Konomi. Rock climbing is exhausting. Everyone I know who climbed for the first time become so sore and tire, that they are unable to even pick anything up. I'm not even out of shape, but the first time I did rock climbing, I couldn't even type on a keyboard afterwards.
2. In the competition scene, Konomi was given a 2 minute head start. Unless you are incredibly strong, there is no way you can be climbing for at least 2 minutes straight and not be tired. I've done problems that were long (still less than a minute), but by the time I'm almost to the top, my muscles are just so worn out that I would just fall to the ground, even if I'm just two steps away from the top.
3. For someone who tried rock climbing for the first time with no tape on her hands, the underside of her fingers should be bloody and completely scraped.
4. Basically, combined with all of the above, there's no way she would be ready for tomorrow's competition. She would probably need at least two or three days of rest just to recuperate.

But yeah, I'm only nitpicky because I love rock climbing... and I miss it dearly (Covid has shut down my rock climbing gym for months)

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Terrible sportsmanship compared to irl climbers

BiscuitsAnimeAlt - May 16, 2021

7 by Lockensocke »»
Mar 17, 1:18 AM

Poll: » Iwa Kakeru!: Sport Climbing Girls Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2020

73 by Assassin2112 »»
Jan 30, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Iwa Kakeru!: Sport Climbing Girls Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2020

32 by JAC67 »»
Jul 6, 2023 6:53 PM

Poll: » Iwa Kakeru!: Sport Climbing Girls Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2020

31 by MyLadyShip »»
Jan 4, 2023 6:59 AM

Poll: » Iwa Kakeru!: Sport Climbing Girls Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2020

47 by Martynator »»
Sep 5, 2022 2:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.