Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2020 6:31 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's safe to say that Dr. Yoshinaga's vaccine experiment failed, and Brian turned into the worse form of Gibia, the Meteora (after being injured from it the last episode).

This episode's OP paying a homage to the OP song's music artists by having Sensui play the Shamisen, is it an experimental feature too?

Going shopping for survival stuff? Finding katanas that reminds the transported men from the eras that they belonged in of their origin, that's a sure proof of getting back alive, yeah...not without the ugly CGI Gibia ravaging around the mall. Pretty trash animation to couple along with any action scenes that this show has, definitely not surprised and a constant reminder. The usual hallmark of working together as a team to finish the job, that is good. Hooray...but Sensui has sustained the most damage out of everyone.

Who'd think it'll ne a good idea to give both the samurai and the ninja some backstory in the Edo era (right smack in the 2nd half of the episode), when it was nothing but mere fate of rivals that brought both of them together via the usual war against lords in 16th Century Tokyo (if you'd know anything about the history of Oda Nobunaga). Sensui being a general is a given, but I'd feel that's a bad way to show the fighting spirit that transcended centuries into postmortem Tokyo.

The road to safety...there's still a LONG, LONG way to go...with Sensui still unconscious, they're essentially one strong man down, and time to protect the rest.

@Ashhk episode summary for yours truly.
KANLen09Aug 7, 2020 9:05 AM
Aug 5, 2020 8:21 AM

Jan 2014
Not gonna lie. I thought the history part of where they showed us a bit of more background on our samurai was pretty well done, and looked way better than most of what the show has offered us so far.
Aug 5, 2020 8:57 AM

Feb 2019
Everyone who’s still here should be honoured. We are watching the worst anime of all time and are surviving it. One day, we’ll tell our kids about this bullshit. How it was so bad the OP couldn’t even get a vocalist.

I just wanna know who thought this was a good idea to make.

Only good part of today’s episode was the history lesson.
Aug 5, 2020 9:11 AM

Jan 2018
Watching the medieval part of the anime felt like I was watching another anime. Also when in Kyoto, speak Kansai.

Anyway, how is it that the 3D animation sucked in this one unlike in Deca-Dence? It totally ruins this whole anime. As well as the damn transitions.
Aug 5, 2020 9:13 AM

Jul 2017
Marinate1016 said:
Everyone who’s still here should be honoured. We are watching the worst anime of all time and are surviving it. One day, we’ll tell our kids about this bullshit. How it was so bad the OP couldn’t even get a vocalist.

We'll still be surviving right to the very end to tell the tale of a shitty show with no concrete information whatsoever.

History lesson, yeah, that was the best thing this episode.
Aug 5, 2020 9:32 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
KANLen09 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's safe to say that Dr. Yoshinaga's vaccine experiment failed, and Brian turned into the worse form of Gibia, the Meteora (after being injured from it the last episode).

This episode's OP paying a homage to the OP song's music artists by having Sensui play the Shamisen, is it an experimental feature too?

Going shopping for survival stuff? Finding katanas that reminds the transported men from the eras that they belonged in of their origin, that's a sure proof of getting back alive, yeah...not without the ugly CGI Gibia ravaging around the mall. Pretty trash animation to couple along with any action scenes that this show has, definitely not surprised and a constant reminder. The usual hallmark of working together as a team to finish the job, that is good. Hooray...but Sensui has sustained the most damage out of everyone.

Who'd think it'll ne a good idea to give both the samurai and the ninja some backstory in the Edo era (right smack in the 2nd half of the episode), when it was nothing but mere fate of rivals that brought both of them together via the usual war against lords in 16th Century Tokyo (if you'd know anything about the history of Oda Nobunaga). Sensui being a general is a given (Itto-Ryu? Haven't we had enough from Blade of the Immortal?), but I'd feel that's a bad way to show the fighting spirit that transcended centuries into postmortem Tokyo.

The road to safety...there's still a LONG, LONG way to go...with Sensui still unconscious, they're essentially one strong man down, and time to protect the rest.

@Ashhk episode summary for yours truly.
Again it is very useful lol, thanks
Aug 5, 2020 10:12 AM

Jul 2020
We have some narration going on, finally. The flashback segment of today's episode was..."okay". What was the point of it if they were just going to narrate everything? Lots of still-images and less movements than previous episodes. Animation is horrible at best, as usual. The only thing I like about this anime is probably the ED song, lol.

Didn't get as many laughs in this episode, tho...
Aug 5, 2020 11:11 AM
Jul 2020
-Home Video Filming
-Close-up of monster's face and screams
-(effect line)
-Close-up of men's face and shouting
-(effect line)
-Char and Heroine's voice comes in
-(effect line)
-Drive a car
-(effect line)
-Recalling old memories
-(effect line)

Repeat this forever.
THIS IS GIBIATE. Worst Anime of the Year.
Aug 5, 2020 11:34 AM
Sep 2015
Doctor inject something into Brian before his transformation, I'm wondering if this will play a role later.
Aug 5, 2020 12:23 PM

Aug 2018
Alrighty then. Not a bad episode, though it did skip around a lot. We got quite a bit of backstory. I sort of want a pet lizard monster, they look pretty cool.
Aug 5, 2020 12:25 PM

Sep 2008
this is hands down the worst "modern" action anime there is. what the hell were they thinking?
Yoshitaka Amano ("Final Fantasy"),
Naoki Serizawa ("Biohazard" / "Resident Evil"),
names don't mean anything if the production is beyond unsalvageable.
in theory I'd love this anime, but it does everything wrong, then goes beyond making it look worse than beast wars.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Aug 5, 2020 12:55 PM
Jul 2020
Not low-budget, rather it's probably more than average anime.
Because it was going to air on flagship stations in Japan. Cancelled due to COVID-19.
The producer allocated the budget for hiring a prominent character designer/musician/singer, not for a competent director/animator.
Aug 5, 2020 2:23 PM

Jun 2015
I remember a time before instant gratification was a thing, and we read in books made out of paper the the heros of old, and imagined if such people might of really existed. Some of the most ancient texts that exist talk of heros with super human powers able to even fight gods.

I dont like that weird intro the lass does to each episode but I do enjoy the show, warriors from a time past forgotten, even those on different sides, but fighting for what they fought was right, coming together in a post apocalyptic future by some wild comsic fate to save humanity.

Shit yes Im in, I'm watching this show to the end!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 5, 2020 6:35 PM

Jul 2015
That CGI had me crying laughing

Even with its problems I'm still interested to keep watching, never know what surprises could be waiting ahead
Aug 5, 2020 6:39 PM
Jun 2017
just see the recent score of Gibiate on MAL and its now on 4.46- perhaps this could be the worst anime of the year....

and this episode proves why it suddenly became a 4.xx score... i mean its all about the history of both samurai's. it ain't that bad but maybe this just proves that the HISTORY + THE THEME OF THE STORY AINT MATCH FOR EACH OTHER... ALONG SIDE WITH ITS NOT SO GOOD ANIMATION, SO MAYBE THIS IS THE WORST ANIME OF THE YEAR.
Aug 5, 2020 9:10 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
It such a stupid way of plot by getting themself a powerred up equipment so soon. But, as the duration come, the result clearly stated that its make a sense. Since the great swarm of Gibia attack out of nowhere rampaging crazy to their pin-point. A nice reason for the ancient soldier to proved themself as a great warrior of Japan. Could they survived?Its a must. Because the powerred up session in the first sequence can be a complete wasted of time if they couldn't handle such a thing!

Also, the flashback was nice. Seeing another side of Sensui's and Kenroku's darkness in the era of war. Its showed a skilled move by themself, and try to personified their great survival ability till now. Its now looked more senses, than before. A great amount of the flashback changed my point of view. Only a little. Congratulations!

Still, the ugly monsters couldn't be unawared for me. And that doctor unclear intentions made every plot seems hard to be followed up. Whatever. Let me just enjoyed their battles against unbearable monsters, for once, and forever.
badabassAug 5, 2020 9:15 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 6, 2020 12:01 AM

Jun 2013
Those horrible CGI monsters had a 'oh lawd he comin'!' vibe.

I laughed my ass off when I saw them and how stiff the animation was then Sensui slayed them.

This COULD have been the best episode if it weren't for the shitty animation. Also I'm sure that big monk has a thing for Kathleen's mom.
臭い-
Aug 6, 2020 1:48 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm not as negative on this as most people, but holy shit the CGI is straight out of a late 90's cd rom. It's so distracting!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 6, 2020 7:47 AM

Dec 2015
Flashback felt a bit out of place. (Too long when they introduced them from the past in episode 1 and no flashback since then. Should focus on the future/present.)

But since I like samurai ... I liked to see both main chars in the old times. Still watching this. But even I do notice the bad animation (or lack of) - though I usually don't care about animation that much and usually don't notice "bad animation".

The weirdest thing is probably that mother of Kathleen lol. Just the random "char with history knowledge" throwing some lines into the story ... that here were used for the flashback. :D
Aug 6, 2020 8:34 AM
Dec 2019
Marinate1016 said:

Hey now! As bad as the anime itself is from the SEGA SATURN 3d models to the mindnumbingly story... the music itself is quite good! If anything it is my favorite OP music of this season. Vocals would have ruined it.

Yuzo Koshiro of Streets of Rage fame is the music director, at least that part was done well.

Im a bit dissapointed in the character designs of Amano. They ain't bad and i liked the mixing of old japan and contemporary (the blue hair dye). But apart from the main trio of the past we get typcial weeb waifu and bland characters like Adam, the doctor and the mother.

It could have been a decent monster of the week kind of thing... but so far it has not reached that point yet. Let's see. Waiting for the interesting characters.

I wish the animation looked more like an Amano artpiece rather as the bland ANIMU look we got now. Even in a low budget kind of look that would have at least made it more interesting as this run the mill work (and maybe the sega saturn grafx could be seen as a stylistic choice... it doesn't blend well with the ANIMU look, but in another graphical setting it could work. I mean i do appreciate low poly models, the implementation is just wack in here. For some reason I do think it works in Space Adventure Cobra Colour manga for example, and that's because it looks like a french bande dessinee comic rather as a japanese manga)
d0postmaAug 6, 2020 8:39 AM
Aug 6, 2020 3:52 PM

Jul 2017
wow so the doctor didn't turn out to be super evil mega mind dude after all. damn.

pretty ok flashback I guess

Marinate1016 said:
We are watching the worst anime of all time and are surviving it.

ok m8 lets not jump the gun here
Aug 6, 2020 4:15 PM

Jul 2012
Another week, another episode of "Birdemic: The Anime".
Aug 6, 2020 5:30 PM

Oct 2008
oh nice! Sensui, Kenroku & Yukinojou are now fully equipped! but they are again being overwhelmed by numbers! so this is again quantity vs quality huh...
4/5.

Aug 6, 2020 8:22 PM

May 2018
This was insanely boring, every scene is so emotionless, voice acting suck (perticularly Dr. Yoshinaga) and it looks worse and worse with every episode. In this ep every single fight were ugly still-shots that bring back memories of Tokyo Ghoul Re 2. Like entire episode was building up to fight between Kenroku and Sensui and the actuall fight was literally still-shot of breaking chain, one dodge, one block and...that's it.

Idk what to think about this. Idk why am I still watching it. Idk what is the point of all this. Please, don't make it longer than 12 eps, pretty please.
Aug 7, 2020 8:40 AM

Jun 2015
george lucas would envy some of the slide show transitioning
also, the lizard flippers look like shoes to me

weird how the entire flashback could have just been summatized in one or two sentences
and has in several episodes before this...

Aug 9, 2020 3:46 PM

Apr 2018
One of the best episode by far. The history of Kenroku and Sensui was interesting. Sensui looks badass tho"The Slayer of thousands"
Aug 10, 2020 12:23 AM
Dec 2019
This episode was a tad better than the previous ones. Feels like there was a lot less CGI in this , maybe that was the reason why it was better.

I did like how we got more of Sensui and Kenroku back story.
Aug 10, 2020 4:33 AM
Jul 2018
The only good thing about this anime so far is the backstory
Aug 11, 2020 5:15 AM

Oct 2017
Lol they just happen to find all three of their's weapons in one exhibition, definitely just a conincedence.

The backstory was actually quite good.

Well they are in a serious pinch, I wonder who's gonna show up next to save em.
Aug 11, 2020 10:32 PM

Dec 2016
When Sensui was playing the Shamisen with that straight face of his I couldn't help but laugh XD

About the ending, I guess Kenroku won't survive in the next episode...
Aug 12, 2020 11:38 AM

May 2013
What I don't understand is how the monsters heard the tire blowout and came running but never heard the bus rumbling down the road in the first place?
Aug 12, 2020 4:24 PM

Mar 2009
Yeah, I'm done with this one. Dropped.
Jan 1, 2021 5:23 PM

Dec 2018
Too many cynics cough* hating on this anime. Really, I think this is a tremendously entertaining show.
Jan 2, 2021 2:00 PM

Apr 2016
I'm wondering why I'm still sitting through this anime

Also the usual this episode, boring and poorly animated fighting scenes. What's new?
Feb 2, 2021 1:52 AM

Jul 2015
Good thing they found an exhibition featuring their weapons by coincidence. At least the part where they showed how Sensui and Kenroku met was somewhat decent.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gibiate Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2020

78 by Punkero »»
Jul 21, 2023 10:42 AM

Poll: » Gibiate Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2020

43 by Punkero »»
Jul 21, 2023 9:59 AM

Poll: » Gibiate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2020

135 by Punkero »»
Jul 15, 2023 5:41 PM

» Do you think it's that bad?

KanekiKen523 - Apr 29, 2023

7 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 23, 2023 10:21 PM

Poll: » Gibiate Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jul 22, 2020

78 by Ardi8 »»
Apr 23, 2022 10:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.