Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 3, 2020 10:15 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The firefighters are back this season and we got some comedy and action! Looks like Company 8 is still fighting the good fight and it didn't take long for the episode to reintroduce everyone again.

Humor is also back with some of the cast like Tamaki. What an energetic girl. As far as I'm concerned, this season should introduce more dangerous threats to humanity. The one from this episode is no pushover either.
Jul 3, 2020 10:17 AM

Jul 2017
Season 2's start, and we're back to more Fire Force action, continuing with Chapter 91.

Great to see all the cast back together, especially the 8th Company and of course, the girls: catgirl Tamaki, Sister Iris and strong buff girl Maki. And the cliche Shinra, whose still getting used to his new Adolla Burst (Link) from Season 1.

Geting a gift for Lieutenant Hinawa at a normal time, and the Infernals have struck again. Still that show-off, Arthur with his Excalibur, as per usual, and along with the rest, plus new faces Victor and Yu.

WOAH WOAH...Chapter 91's Buck Naked content, yeap, all the humour from the mangaka is back. And who can forget 5th Company's Commander Hibana, after fawning all over Shinra just to pose buck naked (to get his interest, even for a men's calendar). Regardless, all the Companies are quite gung-ho about it, not to mention competition-like just to have some recognition.

Aimer's OP and the ED songs, pretty spot on.

Latom, for a great start of Season 2!
KANLen09Jul 3, 2020 10:31 AM
Jul 3, 2020 10:29 AM

Apr 2020
The visuals and backgrounds are really impressive on this episode. Glad to see Sister agaainnn. The first half goes for ability flexing which is not bad for starting a new season since I forgot some of their names. The op's lit but I really love the Inferno more. The second half goes for Nude Calender preparation. Princess really likes Shinra and want to see his nude. Lol. Next episode will be really the start of this series. So far, it was decent episode. As expected on Shaft staffs.

RegulusXJul 3, 2020 6:12 PM
Jul 3, 2020 10:31 AM

May 2018
I'm so glad they adapted the chapter 91!!!
This episode was great!!! it had great animation and it introduced all of the characters again.
Rider9530Jul 3, 2020 11:29 AM
Jul 3, 2020 10:40 AM
Apr 2019
Im just waiting for the new Episode. Pretty hyped up now.

Edit: I just finished watching the first episode. I can say that the visuals and animation are incredible just like during Season 1 last year. It was a nice refresher for the company 8. Aimer really nails the OP especially the chorus hell yeah.
Justinian2324Jul 3, 2020 7:16 PM
Jul 3, 2020 11:03 AM

Oct 2017
Damn they just had to show this part in the anime too, my eyes...

Well pretty funny episode to come back and yet again another great op from Aimer.
Jul 3, 2020 11:18 AM

Feb 2019
This episode had everything that makes fire force fucking amazing. Great animation, fights, Hibana, etc. David Production have got even better, production quality is superb. And as usual, Aimer can’t miss. It’s back. HYPE.
Jul 3, 2020 11:33 AM

Apr 2020
Ahh finally .... season 2 release, Tamaki looks very kawaii with crepe in her hand.

The animation is also good, thanks David Production.
Jul 3, 2020 11:35 AM

Nov 2016
"Nudist Bitch"

Starting off round 2 with a little gym session and manservice? Nice xD But wtf? A nude calendar as promo for the company? Seriously, I'm done, haha. Featuring a gag segment revolving around such a cliché is simple yet brilliant.

Opening is goood again. This gotta be one of the rare occasions (that isn't Fate) where Aimer is not just performing for the ending.
FMmatronJul 3, 2020 11:44 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 3, 2020 11:38 AM
Mar 2019
Shit was to funny and the animation was amazing good start 🔥🔥
Jul 3, 2020 11:50 AM
Mar 2019
Enjoyed the heck out of that first episode, quality of this season seems like it's going to be better than the previous season's, though I can't judge that from the 1st episode alone, will have to wait for more, really hilarious as well, I'm happy

The song and visuals for the OP are just superb, can't wait for the 2nd episode
Jul 3, 2020 11:56 AM

Jan 2015
I didn't like the recap(ish) part of the episode. Was that huge Infernal manga canon or just filler to reintroduce us to the characters and their powers?

OP sounds and looks great!

Do we have any news on whether this season is 1 cour or 2?
Jul 3, 2020 12:06 PM

May 2018
Inferno792 said:
I didn't like the recap(ish) part of the episode. Was that huge Infernal manga canon or just filler to reintroduce us to the characters and their powers?

Most of the leaks say that this season has 24 episodes (2 cours).
Jul 3, 2020 12:07 PM

May 2018
Whooooooooooo, they're back "LATOM,"

After that Giant Inferno....that naked calendar shoot, LAME!!!!!
Jul 3, 2020 12:12 PM

Apr 2015
Ameyoko! So even in this setting it's still there! That was pretty adorable to see them enjoy their free time, well it didn't last too long though. Nice flashy action, as expected!

Hinawa's fashion... "Nudist Bitch" Lmfao To think that the girls were responsible for that XD

A nude calendar, well atleast give us a female one as well XD

Jul 3, 2020 12:13 PM
Mar 2019
Rider9530 said:
Inferno792 said:

Most of the leaks say that this season has 24 episodes (2 cours).
it's actually been confirmed to be 24 episodes
Jul 3, 2020 12:17 PM

Jan 2009
thats a nice filler to reintroduce the show especially the main cast and their powers

the OP is fucking cool cannot wait for Charon to fuck up the place with his awesome power

and lol the canon parts is funny as hell "turn your python into a cobra" too bad there is no sexy women in the calendar competition like we miss seeing sexy Hibana
Jul 3, 2020 12:17 PM

Feb 2020
Great premiere, with all the things taht makes this series a good one and that shown us in season 1
Jul 3, 2020 12:25 PM

Jan 2009
Inferno792 said:

"Fire Force" season 2 is listed with a total of 24 episodes across four Blu-ray & eight DVD volumes.
ive even made a news thread about it here https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1849697

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
MonkeyDHunterJul 3, 2020 11:04 PM
Jul 3, 2020 12:29 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Nice to see the team again after so long. Summer has come huh. Seeing the innocents live their lives freely just makes to realize the amount of people that you're protecting as a member of fire force. After their fierce fight in the nether its nice to see the team get to have some rest. The 8th's arrival and the team gearing up to face the infernal though sure was a cool scene as the Arthur/Shinra team up. The battle with the giant while doing well in reintroducing the team also did well to showcase the team's main strengths as a result of the reinforcements that the company had. The nude calendar though sure was full of surprises. Overall a solid first ep that did well to reintroduce the members of company 8 by throwing them into a fight against a literal giant. From the opening looks like company 8 will be facing quite the gauntlet of enemies this season that will require all the teamwork that they can muster.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2020 12:30 PM

Dec 2014
Nice to see an introduction to the characters again and see them having some down time also good to see some action again. The clip of next week looks like it is gonna really get going next week really looking forward to it. So glad Fire Force is back again
Jul 3, 2020 12:36 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
All the guys naked xD glad to see this show again, the action part was the best i'm looking forward to more action.
A bit disappointed about OP/ED, there were great in the first season but I don't really like the two from this season :/
Jul 3, 2020 12:40 PM

Sep 2015
Don't mean to be a perv but I definitely understood Shinra's disappointment to the company 5 cover being only their gravel men.
Then also, woah! Captain Hibana really wants a piece of Shinra.
Jul 3, 2020 12:41 PM

Jul 2012
Nothing much happened, but that was alright. Looks like it'll get back to the interesting bits soon.
Jul 3, 2020 12:48 PM
Mar 2016
I'm happy to see that Company 8 is back for season 2. I've been anticipating this for a long time.
Jul 3, 2020 1:17 PM
May 2020
The calendar part and Hinawa’s outfit had me rolling. THE OP AND ED WERE AMAZING. I WAS SCREAMING JUST WOWOWOWOE. A whole masterpiece just mwuah. This episode exceeded my expectations of what I thought it was gonna be. They did great this episode. It was hilarious, I loved it lots. Can’t wait for episode two 😭🤝.
lenciagasJul 3, 2020 1:21 PM
Jul 3, 2020 1:21 PM

Jan 2009
i just notice that this season have a new director lol no wonder i did not feel or see those awkward long pause scenes with still frames anymore
Jul 3, 2020 1:33 PM

Aug 2018
Fire force is back and is Super Fire 🔥
this Episode was 🔥
8/10
Jul 3, 2020 1:39 PM
Aug 2018
Animation looks as great as ever.
Jul 3, 2020 1:40 PM

Jun 2015
I thought it would be an uninteresting first episode but that twin cobra part sure cracked me.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jul 3, 2020 1:40 PM
Apr 2018
The Shaft vibe is totally gone and I'm lowkey sad about it.
Jul 3, 2020 1:43 PM

Jan 2009
rakp333 said:
Animation looks as great as ever.

yep but i still do not like the character design of this show i was hoping the character design of Soul Eater anime will be use too but damn guess thats not gonna happen ever

the character design of Fire Force anime is more complicated to draw than Soul Eater anime character design too so we can see a lot of off-model drawings from time to time and it makes me sad as a visual eye candy seeker
Jul 3, 2020 1:47 PM

Jan 2020
Pretty fun filler episode to start off, had to watch this in dub because for some reason that came out first for me.
Jul 3, 2020 1:53 PM
Mar 2020
This was such a god awful episode and a filler.
The first half (before the op) was actually ok but the Nude Calendar was awful, it was so cursed its unbelievable.
Also why the introductions on the fight and why the filler? This is the SECOND season, why not start with it already?
I was expecting it to start good but man, such a bad episode.
Jul 3, 2020 1:56 PM

Apr 2016
It’s a nice start, let’s see how this new season will be.
Jul 3, 2020 1:59 PM
May 2018
dredoque said:
The first half (before the op) was actually ok but the Nude Calendar was awful, it was so cursed its unbelievable.
Also why the introductions on the fight and why the filler? This is the SECOND season, why not start with it already?

This series includes chapters 91 and 92. Only the battle with the infernal was a filler.
Jul 3, 2020 2:03 PM
Mar 2020
ViktorZhukov2018 said:
dredoque said:

This series includes chapters 91 and 92. Only the battle with the infernal was a filler.
damn that's disappointing. I dont think that putting these humor chapter in between was good.
Jul 3, 2020 2:06 PM
May 2018
dredoque said:
ViktorZhukov2018 said:

damn that's disappointing. I dont think that putting these humor chapter in between was good.

In the manga, these chapters go immediately after the end of season 1 (chapter 90), so everything is done right.
Jul 3, 2020 2:14 PM

May 2016
Well that was...an interesting first episode. At least we finally get some fan service with the men though.
Jul 3, 2020 2:54 PM

Apr 2019
I need a nude photo of Benimaru; P Now people don't complain about the fanservice, and they even want pictures of women. You don't remember how last season they had a pain in the ass when a fanservice appeared. People have double standards or are they just hypocrites?

Jul 3, 2020 2:59 PM

Jun 2014
We got right back into the action as season 2 kicks off, and I forgot how good the action animation is for this show. The second half of the episode with the nude calendar comedy was.....interesting to say the least lol.

Lowkey wish they got Mrs. Green Apple to give us another fire (pun intended) OP like the first OP of S1, but I think Aimer's song will grow on me with a few more listens.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 3, 2020 3:04 PM

May 2018
First time this show has ever been funny.
Jul 3, 2020 3:11 PM

Oct 2010
felt pretty filler so far.

I see they're still going with the terrible and stupid "great flame of fire" instead of the correct "Eternal Flame" (nouns should capitalized btw, funimation)

Also would prefer they translate the title correct. Yes, it's Season 2 but the actual TITLE is "Chapter 2", their subtitle was just all "season 2".
Jul 3, 2020 3:18 PM

Jul 2014
Nude calendar!!! But men only... booooooooo. I understand your disappointment, Shinra. But at least we got to see the three girls in casual clothes. The outfit I liked the most was Tamaki's; the outfit + the twintails + that smile... 10000/10 <3. Maki rocked those jeans and Iris is just too cute. That said, those girls are evil, betraying Shinra like that lol... except Iris, she's a good girl <3.

Oh my God, nude Hibana!!! Thank you for your imagination, Shinra. Best girl is back and it seems that she is still as thirsty for Shinra as ever xD.

It feels so weird hearing Iris after watching Princess Connect. All I hear when she talks is Pecorine lmao.... Yabai desu ne! xD

The new OP is great but what the hell happened to the Archer guy from the first season? First of all, he's alive and second, it seems that touching and seeing Tamaki half-naked awakened his sexual desire... WTF.

Animation is amazing as ever, the fight was awesome. Everyone had their moment to shine and even Tamaki shone without getting naked.

I'm so happy to have one of my favorite shows from last year back!
SkyLETVJul 3, 2020 5:30 PM
Jul 3, 2020 3:37 PM

Nov 2015
i’m just so happy to hear aimer again!

Jul 3, 2020 3:44 PM
Nov 2018
man the fight scene was super sick. gimme all that fan service from the guys and gals! OP and ED both bop!
Jul 3, 2020 3:46 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Fantastic episode to start off the season, and it was exactly what Fire Force needed. Season 1 did a great job with fights, establishing the plot as well as the villains and their motives, but it really lacked in character development and relationships. This episode got everyone together getting along and working together. Seeing the gang messing around really helps build the love between them and the audience. Maki, Iris, and Tamaki hanging with Shinra and expressing their worry was great.

This episode really had everything. The animation was superb, the fight was intense, and had great comradery. For this show to take it to the next level, it needs the characters to be more real and believable. This was a great first step towards that.

Also love how Shinra basically has an interest in every girl, especially Maki. Seeing him interested in Hibana was also a welcome site too. Let's hope Shinra goes the harem route.
Jul 3, 2020 3:54 PM

Aug 2016
The man calender, it was funny in the manga, it's even funnier in the anime.

FMmatron said:
"Nudist Bitch"

Starting off round 2 with a little gym session and manservice? Nice xD But wtf? A nude calendar as promo for the company? Seriously, I'm done, haha. Featuring a gag segment revolving around such a cliché is simple yet brilliant.

Opening is goood again. This gotta be one of the rare occasions (that isn't Fate) where Aimer is not just performing for the ending.

Talking about the OP, did you notice this 0.5 second? WTF lmfao.

“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Jul 3, 2020 4:10 PM

Nov 2016
Already knew that was going to be bad, but wow, that was worse than expected.
The opening and ending are incredible, and still the ending has an horrendous cut in the song.

Wtf was this episode anyways.
I'm usually happy to have man fanservice, but this was awfully represented.
And it seems that fanservice chan will still be the same.

Let's see if the fights are worth it, they seem to be really good in the opening.
Jul 3, 2020 4:22 PM

May 2011
The op by Aimer is really nice.
''I was dead serious''

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ringare - Oct 30, 2020

125 by Humaneky »»
Today, 4:35 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

_MushiRock11_ - Jul 3, 2020

138 by SpikeVann »»
Apr 4, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2020

84 by 5hadow17 »»
Mar 15, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2020

92 by Scootboi »»
Mar 7, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2020

161 by Henk-Devries »»
Feb 13, 5:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.